• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 5/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, ButtFumble said:

The Texas Tech vet School will be located in Amarillo not Lubbock

It is going to be on the same campus as the Amarillo HSC (which does not offer an MD degree that is Lubbock and El Paso) and the pharmacy school which is headquartered out of Amarillo and is a part of the Lubbock HSC

The Vet school is going to be a part of the main university though. It will not be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses) that is a separate institution from the university or the El Paso HSC which is also a separate institution from both the University and the Lubbock et al HSC.

For a while it looked as though the vet school might be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses).

About 100 MD students would disagree with you...

https://www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/amarillo/

While scrolling to find something to watch on tv a couple of days ago, I came upon “Back to School”, where Rodney Dangerfield (a rich obnoxious businessman) decides to return to college to get his degree.  There’s a scene where there’s a diving competition and one of the school’s divers can’t compete.  The team will have to forfeit because they are now one member short, so they look to the home crowd for a “12th”  man to come in and perform a dive.  Of course, the man who gets no respect (Dangerfield), comes to the rescue to perform “a triple Lindy” to win the competition.  I guess an aggy must have written the script! Whoop.

17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I was at a memorial service for my sons teacher last week who passed away. She left behind a daughter who just graduated from Aggy, so of course  half a dozen aggies in the crowd whooped.  Almost vomited. 

She had to die to escape that bullshit, and even then...

Guest Lobo
20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

While scrolling to find something to watch on tv a couple of days ago, I came upon “Back to School”, where Rodney Dangerfield (a rich obnoxious businessman) decides to return to college to get his degree.  There’s a scene where there’s a diving competition and one of the school’s divers can’t compete.  The team will have to forfeit because they are now one member short, so they look to the home crowd for a “12th”  man to come in and perform a dive.  Of course, the man who gets no respect (Dangerfield), comes to the rescue to perform “a triple Lindy” to win the competition.  I guess an aggy must have written the script! Whoop.

That's a really underrated comedy that still makes me laugh, while still making me wonder what talent people see in Robert Downey.  Please don't mix it up with Aggies though.

I look at shots of that campus like the one above and am honestly, Longhorn pride aside, baffled by how somebody can grow up their whole life wanting to attend that place.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, texaslong said:
Do they have to copy everything? They don't have a single tradition that they actually created.

When uga dies he/she doesn't have a scoreboard near the grave. That's original.

What grave? Bevo doesn't let anything go to waste

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 3:50 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Come on, man, spoiler that...

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Come on, man, spoiler that...

Fine, Ned Beatty is fucking hilarious in it.  Dangerfield is damn funny.  Rest of the cast is absolutely awful including Johnny LaRusso in yet another 80's asshole role.  But Kurt Vonnegut and Oingo Boingo make great cameos.  Oh wait, and Rocky's BIL from those movies is in it, doesn't do much but he nails his handful of scenes.  

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fine, Ned Beatty is fucking hilarious in it.  Dangerfield is damn funny.  Rest of the cast is absolutely awful including Johnny LaRusso in yet another 80's asshole role.  But Kurt Vonnegut and Oingo Boingo make great cameos.  Oh wait, and Rocky's BIL from those movies is in it, doesn't do much but he nails his handful of scenes.  

giphy%252B%25252866%252529.gif&f=1&nofb=

You forgot someone.

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

I feel like I jinx him whenever I say his name.  Like Bill Hicks.  I was gonna start a thread like "cut short" on the music thread but about comedians who went too late but I just felt like it was in bad taste since those guys are even more f'd up than their music counterparts.  Was literally listening to Greg Giraldo, Patrice O'Neal, and Bill Hicks this weekend.  That can't be a great sign.  

But yes, Kinnison (good catch) is only in what---2 scenes?  And kills every one of them obviously, but I always felt like he should have had more scenes instead of giving them to Jason Brand who looked like a young pedophile.  And Downey Jr. who wasn't/isn't funny and thinks he's awesome.  Oh wait, now I see why Aggies are compared to this movie.  

"now this one, I don't get.  Here's you...here's Georgio.  What's with the midget over here?"  

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:
On 5/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, Jive Turkey said:
and what's with the Last Dance hashtag?  maybe aggy will string together back to back to back wins twice in the season.

I'm sure in hopes of more views with a hash that is supposed to be hot right now but has faded.

No group of individuals works harder than aggys to so desperately convince themselves, family members, neighbors, strangers - anyone - that it is ok to go through life with only an aggy-level education.

Texas A&M - Desperate on Every Front™

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

But, where are the #WRTS aggy on that list? 51 & 52?

Jimbo is just giving the aggy faithful a taste of what to expect over the next eight seasons.

Get your popcorn ready, friends. Reality is about to start its inevitable collision with aggy expectations.

The first crack in the facade will be when player development starts coming into question. An "elite" recruiter, according to aggys. If it isn't recruiting, and never has been, player development is next on the list.

Eventually, aggys will realize what the rest of us began to understand long ago - Jimbo was never going to make the aggy program competitive in the conference, let along on the national stage.

pump the brakes.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1