Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

But, where are the #WRTS aggy on that list? 51 & 52?

39. Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia

georgia-bulldogs.pngNewman is one of the toughest players to rank going into 2020. The Wake Forest graduate transfer is set to start for the Bulldogs after Jake Fromm left early for the NFL. Newman tossed 17 scores through the first six games of 2019 but cooled in the second half of the year with three contests of fewer than 200 passing yards and only nine touchdown tosses. Injuries to Newman and his supporting cast played a role in that regression, but the North Carolina native still finished with 2,868 passing yards and added 574 more on the ground to go with 32 overall scores. Newman showed he’s capable of finishing 2020 as the top quarterback in the SEC, but he also has to navigate a new play-caller, scheme, a rebuilt offensive line, and a thin group of proven playmakers on the outside.

Had to chuckle when this guy makes the list yet Kellen Mond doesn't.

• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Guest Lobo

Say what you want about Jimbo and Herman.  Jimbo is 7-5 per year over his last three years.  Herman is 8-5.  Neither one is worth their salary by a damn sight.  

Guest Lobo

Wasn't bitching sally.  We're just about to grossly overpay for above average.  I dunno, I just want college football back.  And it's not coming back the way we think it is.  

Also, fuck the Aggies.  A small and marginal peoples.  

“Officials on the scene say the bar was still open when the roof gave way. Fire officials said people were still inside the bar, but no one was injured.

One of the bar's well-known features is a rattlesnake enclosure. Authorities said the roof near that enclosure collapsed. Officials with the bar reported that the snake escaped the enclosure. People carrying buckets were seen going back into the building to recover the reptile.”

You just can’t make this shit up.....and they are uncertain if they can open for lunch manana!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

How long until they celebrate it, build a memorial, claim its never happened to anyone else, then fictionalize some sort of hero that was never there?

...there’s more but I’m tired.

The 12th man will recover the snake. The snake will eat reveille and in 50 years they'll be the fighting texum bulldog rattlesnakes and will honor the man who saved their beloved mascot. 

Edited by Bevo14

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

a GoFundMe?  Really?  They don't have insurance?

I bet a fake army General sells insurance nearby.  Daddy98's rates were too high and was too drunk to find a little green helmet with five stars on it.    

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Just like Killeen HS winning state after the Luby's attack, I fear this is just the thing aggy can use to power to a National Championship. Jimbo will use this like a master craftsman to motivate his team. I just know it's going to happen. I KNOW IT!!!!!

if you want to be drunk all day, you gotta start early

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Round the clock coverage of this on Texags radio tomorrow. Hell, Looch might even do a live spot from there. 

Okay, I joked, but I did listen to a little of the podcast today to see if they were gonna cry in their mic about this. They didn't, but something else interesting came from it.

In giving his memories about the chicken, Stephen McGee - known great decision maker - appropro of nothing, preceded to tell everyone that "I respect everyone's opinions", but "I'm over this coronavirus, and I'm not wearing a mask in public anymore."

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

a GoFundMe?  Really?  They don't have insurance?

Yeah, but it was through a friend.  Whoop! 

"Will you be covered?"
"I don't know!"  

Fucking Aggies.  Only they, after 45 years, could manage not to own their own building, not have adequate insurance, not have coverage through their property manager/landlord, and have a roof that caves at the first sign of adversity or diversity as it were.  Is there anything these guys can't fuck up?  

Why am I picturing a College Station equivalent of Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci (basically Daniel F. & his little cousin) outside the Chicken hours before this all happened?  

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but it was through a friend.  Whoop! 

"Will you be covered?"
"I don't know!"  

Fucking Aggies.  Only they, after 45 years, could manage not to own their own building, not have adequate insurance, not have coverage through their property manager/landlord, and have a roof that caves at the first sign of adversity or diversity as it were.  Is there anything these guys can't fuck up?  

Why am I picturing a College Station equivalent of Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci (basically Daniel F. & his little cousin) outside the Chicken hours before this all happened?  

does this look like the face of a criminal mastermind?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2

I knew Don Ganter back in the old days when he owned and operated the Dixie Chicken.  He was a good guy and operator that made a mint off of aggy.  He typically had all his bases covered.  There may have been bases left uncovered after his departure and his daughters took over. 

Having to use GoFundMe instead of calling on your own insurance coverage?  That sounds like mismanagement OR it could be a friggin' brilliant move in calling on sentimental aggy to shell out money to pay for your business's damaged property and you come out whole thanks to aggy being aggy. 

The daughters may be savvy and more like the old man than they let on. 

Who knows?

• Like 1