Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 minute ago, sdm said:

Where did ole "Hat in Hand" Sharp come up with $100 million? Harvey the Rabbit?

Like most A&M things, it's completely made up. They know 10 years from now when no one has followed up with implementing this, no one will remember. A&M just likes announcing made up shit to make themselves look better. 

See Vaccine Facility, Claimed Fake Championships, Jimbo's 20XX championship trophy, Empty Champions Hall, etc, etc. 

• Like 4

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Like most A&M things, it's completely made up. They know 10 years from now when no one has followed up with implementing this, no one will remember. A&M just likes announcing made up shit to make themselves look better. 

See Vaccine Facility, Claimed Fake Championships, Jimbo's 20XX championship trophy, Empty Champions Hall, etc, etc. 

Yes, make believe, just like Harvey.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Moved to Austin from SF in my mid-20s. Couldn’t figure out some guys in the office. Asked about them and he said, “A&M guys” like it should sum everything up. I soon realized it did just that.

As someone who didn’t grow up in Texas and knew basically nothing about A&M until I moved to Texas, this is spot on. Texans know aggy is weird but they’re also used to it, but when you’re not from Texas and you start to become aware of aggy, it’s one of the weirdest fucking things you’ve ever come across.

22 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

As someone who didn’t grow up in Texas and knew basically nothing about A&M until I moved to Texas, this is spot on. Texans know aggy is weird but they’re also used to it, but when you’re not from Texas and you start to become aware of aggy, it’s one of the weirdest fucking things you’ve ever come across.

last rec i got there was for The Kettle.

not kidding.

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

There are interesting times for those of us who find aggy culture entertaining. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3118446

And remember, once the ags get done dealing with the Sul Ross statue, they still have to explain away their alumni Klan robe collection over in the Cushing Library.

Interesting times, indeed. 

And remember, once the ags get done dealing with the Sul Ross statue, they still have to explain away their alumni Klan robe collection over in the Cushing Library.

Scope and Contents: The collection includes personal correspondence of J. F. Cavitt, a cousin of W.R. Cavitt, member of Board of Regents of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. Other documents of significant importance are the correspondence of and articles about Ann Cavitt Armstrong, that sheds a light on the early settlement period of Texas. Financial documents also shed a light on the early history of Texas, including court documents and receipts of slave purchases. Also included is J. F. Cavitt's ceremonial robe from his membership in the KKK.

http://archon.library.tamu.edu/?p=collections/controlcard&id=805

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/16/sul-ross-am-statue/

Rebecca Hankins, a professor and Africana resources curator at A&M’s Cushing Library, where students want the statue to be moved, said the controversy surrounding the statue sums up a broader struggle between students of color and the administration.

“Students have been trying to get the institution to understand the real emotional pain of having a Confederate general on campus, where people go and make prayers to and throw pennies at,” Hankins said. “But overall ... it’s this lack of interest in black lives. Because black lives do not matter at Texas A&M.

• Like 2

"Disappointing to see counter protests against racism especially from a place I attended and called home," Daylon Mack tweeted. "Embarrassing. We have to do better."

Both Mack and Mond retweeted a change.org petition for the removal of the statue, as did current players Buddy Johnson and Jayden Peevy. Otaro Alaka, Jace Sternberger and Armani Watts -- former A&M standouts now playing in the NFL -- also tweeted the petition and spoke out against the statue on Twitter.

texagbeliever said:

On one side are people who went to class and pass or failed on their own merit. On the other they slept through class and had tutors do their homework and online quizzes and also spoon feed them test questions to memorize.

Whose opinion is more valuable...

Edited by Beau Vine

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

It's very amusing to see Aggies (Aggies!) criticising Kellen Mond as a herd follower for speaking up against the statue and Ross' history. It boils down to Mond is being fed a lot of BS about Ross and A&M that aren't true and he's just believing it without questioning. Again, Aggies are criticising him for this.

tumblr_lw2px1mCAI1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Do Aggies realize that dropping "Mays School" isn't like dropping Sloan, McCombs, Kellogg, or Wharton.  Don't get wrong, the world needs floor managers at JC Penney for the forseeable future, but they keep inserting it into non-related conversations like it's gonna elevate their status or something.  Aggie jokes aside, there are some damn solid college/schools on that campus, but their business school ain't one of them. 

You might learn like Mays, but you earn like shit.  Know your place Aggies, nobody respects your business school outside a 100-mile radius.  

I look at Aggie business school grads like Chris Rock looks at women who don't give head, "Goddamn, why do they still make you?"  

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

"Black Americans and humanity in general are better off for A&M having existed..."

giphy.gif

The ags are falling back on the garbage they were taught in Fish Camp and none of that shit is being accepted anywhere but inside their redneck, racist bubble. 

They will prove to be their own worst enemies throughout this process. And they aren’t even started yet at embarrassing themselves. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Capture.jpg

Humanity? How dare you, sir! The universe I say! Everyone knows that even the Glaxifarians of planet Zorlaxx-14 regale their children with tales of the brave aggy corpsman who once pulled his sword on marauding SMU cheerleaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need to take a shower after reading through that TexAgs thread. Despite the best efforts of a couple of them, citing to overwhelming actual historical documents, the majority of the redasses on the thread thoroughly agree that the War of Northern Aggression, the War Between the States, was about states’ rights, not slavery. This is the one of the oldest revisionist history arguments around. 
In my youth, there were people in the south that still spouted that states’ rights nonsense, trying to distance themselves from the ugly reality that the Civil War was about slavery, period, full stop. But I thought that had been debunked so thoroughly that the troglodytes had abandoned it. Nope, not at aggy. 
If black athletes start sticking up for themselves at other SECX3 schools, look out. All the virulent racists are about to out themselves, as they are at aggy right now. They’d rather the athletes shut up and play for their entertainment than actually receive an education, recognize injustice, and demand something better. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

it was about states' rights...states' rights to have slavery

Exactly.  Read the declarations of secession from MS and TX and tell me it wasn't about slavery.  They don't hide behind states' rights or tariffs or other such deflections.

I need to take a shower after reading through that TexAgs thread. Despite the best efforts of a couple of them, citing to overwhelming actual historical documents, the majority of the redasses on the thread thoroughly agree that the War of Northern Aggression, the War Between the States, was about states’ rights, not slavery. This is the one of the oldest revisionist history arguments around. 
In my youth, there were people in the south that still spouted that states’ rights nonsense, trying to distance themselves from the ugly reality that the Civil War was about slavery, period, full stop. But I thought that had been debunked so thoroughly that the troglodytes had abandoned it. Nope, not at aggy. 
If black athletes start sticking up for themselves at other SECX3 schools, look out. All the virulent racists are about to out themselves, as they are at aggy right now. They’d rather the athletes shut up and play for their entertainment than actually receive an education, recognize injustice, and demand something better. 

Would be interesting if aggies are the one to break up the balance and stir up a hornets nest for the sec.
  • Like 1

Would be interesting if aggies are the one to break up the balance and stir up a hornets nest for the sec.