Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I would imagine that with all that's going on they have all hands on deck and in a ball fire panic.

Ball fire panic is right

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3118856

Real Aggy of genius. Today we salute you Mr Sisyphus racist Aggy. Every time you get that rock to the top of the mountain it always keeps crashing down. Keep pushing there buddy one day you'll never make it

Edited by Pimphand
  • Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I remember this hashtag first popping up back in 2016. If I’m not mistaken, I believe it was @Randolph Duke who brought it to light over at the old house

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Ball fire panic is right

Real Aggy of genius. Today we salute you Mr Sisyphus racist Aggy. Every time you get that rock to the top of the mountain it always keeps crashing down. Keep pushing there buddy one day you'll never make it

Lol, holy shit...

44 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Good God help those unaware fools

Some New Army nitwit on a keyboard is really about to try and tell you that Lawrence Sullivan Ross, the savior of Texas A&M, doesn’t deserve a statue on campus because of some bogus claim that he was a racist. We don’t even know if he owned slaves! There is no evidence that he was in the Ku Klux Klan! He founded Prairie View A&M! 

49 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Good God help those unaware fools

Some New Army nitwit on a keyboard is really about to try and tell you that Lawrence Sullivan Ross, the savior of Texas A&M, doesn’t deserve a statue on campus because of some bogus claim that he was a racist. We don’t even know if he owned slaves! There is no evidence that he was in the Ku Klux Klan! He founded Prairie View A&M! 

699560F8-3952-464E-8E1C-DB82A34F109F.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Ball fire panic is right

Like clockwork:

"

wyoag93 said:

The QB competition for starter will be interesting if we do play. I was hoping one of the younger guys would replace Mond as starter."

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Haven’t seen that many snowflakes outside of a blizzard.   That’s stunning.  They don’t love aggy, that’s for damn sure.  They love a certain concept of aggy that their have in their heads, but they don’t love what aggy is.

i mean lets be real could you honestly love a watery turd laying on on the side I10 just outside of ozona thats currently being consumed by a mangey fox?

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

It's fun to pile on Aggy and all, but there's a sizeable percentage of our alumni that feel the same way and have been voicing the same positions. 

I'm pretty sure that almost all of our alumni would agree with the guy that said he hopes the aggys lose every game if the statue comes down

• Like 1

Well, my path was my path. She has to chose hers. And yes the schools do sell themselves. If it's a match, place where they can prosper and grow, then okay I'll write the check. Still, pretty happy the way it turned out.

It's another story, but I did laugh when she described the tour of Tech as "a sad little tour".

I called it one farris wheel shy of Chernobyl .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That is actually a good strategy if one of my kids ever decides to apply to A&M. We will just visit and maybe A&M will unsell itself.

They've already "unsold" themselves to my 11 year old. He went there for a swim meet. His opinion?

"This place is a DUMP."

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Like clockwork:

"

wyoag93 said:

The QB competition for starter will be interesting if we do play. I was hoping one of the younger guys would replace Mond as starter."

on the one hand you have the potential to win big for the first time since 99? 2012? 

on the other hand you have a RS FR who has had like 40 snaps in his career and a true freshman.

only one place picks the second option there

19 minutes ago, Foosters said:

It's fun to pile on Aggy and all, but there's a sizeable percentage of our alumni that feel the same way and have been voicing the same positions. 

A sizable percentage of the UT alumni want a shrine of Sul Ross on the UT campus to honor his past deeds of racially motivated murder?

Interesting.

Do you have any support for this theory?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

A sizable percentage of the UT alumni want a shrine of Sul Ross on the UT campus to honor his past deeds of racially motivated murder?

Interesting.

Do you have any support for this theory?

He's talking about the Eyes of Texas supporters in the other thread and beyond. But that should be discussed in that thread

28 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

My daughter wanted to see a lot of the Universities to help her decide where she should go. My wife was going to do the A&M trip, so I booked them two rooms in the "Aggy hotel" (Yes, the one that sits 60 yards from a live railroad track). All is well until other daughter breaks her arm (badly) requiring surgery. Much better for mom to stay home, so off we go to Collie Station. We check in, walk around the campus and talk. I laugh about "Rudder tower" and explain to her that our Vet in Austin when I was a kid was one of the "old ags" that wanted Rudder dead, since he allowed women in and allowed students to not be in the corps, now their "main building" is named after him.  She was shocked that they had spent money to have a scoreboard on their stadium pet cemetery. I told her of Sul Ross, Governor, Texas Ranger, President. of A&M, War Criminal. 

Next morning we're on the tour, fairly standard stuff. With a coupe of exceptions, The tour at A&M is more like an hour and a half, where most places keep it to about 45 minutes. A percentage of the folks on the tour are obviously going to send their kid to A&M and ONLY A&M. Instead of trying to soak in the good and the bad, instead of going as a family and letting the kid choose their path, it was a strange vibe. More of a "look at your great new school Jr.!" The tours at A&M are less interactive and more of the guide having to stand on an exact spot and recite the 5 lines from a memorized flash card. Soooo, we end up at the statue of "Sully", I'm more or less numb to all the blather at this point. But I do notice the tour guide tells of what a great guy he was, Governor, Ranger and President of A&M, No reference to the Civil War. My daughter turns and looks at me, with a look that is clearly "aren't you going to say something dad?". I believe my slight head shake told her "no freaking way". The tour had people of all races, and I wouldn't straighten this place out if I could.

Ultimately, it was the concept of "midnight yell" and the tour guide trying to have a "mini yell practice" in front of the statue of E. King Gill that put the nail in their coffin with my daughter. I told her wherever you go to school, you should be a part of the experience. She said going to a midnight yell practice when she might have a paper to write was "stupid". I didn't disagree with her. 

When the tour guide went through all of the different "class yells' and told all of the prospective students to do the freshman yell, my daughter turned to me and said "I'm no longer a prospective student".

It came down to Trinity, TCU, and UT.

She starts at UT in the Fall.

pics of daughter plz

32 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

My daughter wanted to see a lot of the Universities to help her decide where she should go. My wife was going to do the A&M trip, so I booked them two rooms in the "Aggy hotel" (Yes, the one that sits 60 yards from a live railroad track). All is well until other daughter breaks her arm (badly) requiring surgery. Much better for mom to stay home, so off we go to Collie Station. We check in, walk around the campus and talk. I laugh about "Rudder tower" and explain to her that our Vet in Austin when I was a kid was one of the "old ags" that wanted Rudder dead, since he allowed women in and allowed students to not be in the corps, now their "main building" is named after him.  She was shocked that they had spent money to have a scoreboard on their stadium pet cemetery. I told her of Sul Ross, Governor, Texas Ranger, President. of A&M, War Criminal. 

Next morning we're on the tour, fairly standard stuff. With a coupe of exceptions, The tour at A&M is more like an hour and a half, where most places keep it to about 45 minutes. A percentage of the folks on the tour are obviously going to send their kid to A&M and ONLY A&M. Instead of trying to soak in the good and the bad, instead of going as a family and letting the kid choose their path, it was a strange vibe. More of a "look at your great new school Jr.!" The tours at A&M are less interactive and more of the guide having to stand on an exact spot and recite the 5 lines from a memorized flash card. Soooo, we end up at the statue of "Sully", I'm more or less numb to all the blather at this point. But I do notice the tour guide tells of what a great guy he was, Governor, Ranger and President of A&M, No reference to the Civil War. My daughter turns and looks at me, with a look that is clearly "aren't you going to say something dad?". I believe my slight head shake told her "no freaking way". The tour had people of all races, and I wouldn't straighten this place out if I could.

Ultimately, it was the concept of "midnight yell" and the tour guide trying to have a "mini yell practice" in front of the statue of E. King Gill that put the nail in their coffin with my daughter. I told her wherever you go to school, you should be a part of the experience. She said going to a midnight yell practice when she might have a paper to write was "stupid". I didn't disagree with her. 

When the tour guide went through all of the different "class yells' and told all of the prospective students to do the freshman yell, my daughter turned to me and said "I'm no longer a prospective student".

It came down to Trinity, TCU, and UT.

She starts at UT in the Fall.

One word... OUTSTANDING

37 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

If only Billy and Tarp could moderate Twitter the way they do their local boards.

aggie personality is making way to the masses and it is decidedly a very bad look.

I'm honestly surprised Luigi is allowing so many TexAgs members to openly root for the football team winning.  Normally he deletes that kind of t-sip talk.

HOOOO LEEEE SHIIIIIT!

I know The University has some things to work through.  At the very least, I think we are self aware enough to want to gain an understanding of what our minority students go through.  We have some work to do here but I don't think it is insurmountable.    A&M needs to be razed and the ground it was on needs to be salted if these are truly the dominant attitudes of the Aggies.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.png.d391df1ae41927607766897d43eb0358.png

"...judging people who lived over 150 years ago on the standards we have today, especially in our politically correct world..."

...where you can't just indiscriminately kill any and all minorities.  Just not fair.  Too high a bar.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When they do end up deciding to keep it they are going to have to post a 24 hour guard on it.

Aggy could have members of the corps guard the Sul Ross statue.  That's a great idea.  What could go wrong?   (Props to Valmy  for beating me to the punch).

Edited by Harrison Stafford

6 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Aggy could have members of the corps guard the Sul Ross statue.  That's a great idea.  What could go wrong?   (Props to Valmy  for beating me to the punch).

can't wait for the sequel to this incident to hit the national news:

HQPx_kRsdF8DTUXcWblb7tBZEPJwk0_FTHVu7HPA

42 minutes ago, demos said:

haha

Not all Aggies wish to see Ross' statue removed. A demonstration in College Station last weekend drew hundreds to protest against its removal. More than 24,000 students and alumni have signed a petition to remove the statue, while 25, 000 have signed a counter-petition.

• Like 1

Not all Aggies wish to see Ross' statue removed. A demonstration in College Station last weekend drew hundreds to protest against its removal. More than 24,000 students and alumni have signed a petition to remove the statue, while 25, 000 have signed a counter-petition.

it's a safe bet that you'll see at least a thousand variations of cletusbobby's name on that counter-petition