• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

From texags:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3118948

If y'all want to know where Chancellor Sharp stands, here's an email exchange with him:

telco <telcoag@gmail.com>
Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 9:36 PM
To: john@johnsharp.com
Chancellor Sharp,

I don't have a clue what it's like to look at a statue and think "that guy spent a few decades killing my people," so I'm not going to pretend to truly emphasize with the folks that want the statue moved. If moving it helps give Aggie minorities the same beautiful Aggie experience I had, especially when observing silver taps and proposing to my wife under the century tree, then I'm for it.

It's just a statue, and Sully's history doesn't disappear with it. Besides, this train isn't coming back into the station (it's been going since 1998!), so it's ridiculous to choose to relitigate this and make ourselves look like *******s every few years because our white fans can't stop telling our black athletes on social media to stick to sports and shut their mouths.

You know better than most that Aggies can't stand change and will get loud, and fast. But just pull the band-aid off already and don't kick this can down the road anymore.

Gig 'em,
(TelcoAg), '06

------

John Sharp <john@johnsharp.com>
Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM
To: telco <telcoag@gmail.com>
well the only problem with that is he didn't kill thise people u r talking about! i've seen the facts and the footnotes. if you or any person open to the real history would read it there is simply no way u would come to the conclusion that we should disgrace this guys legacy. i've hired historians on both sides to find the reasons to remove him and brother it ain't there . when the most prominent black man in texas at the time of his death eulogized him and said he was the best friend black texans had , don't you think maybe someone is trying to give a false version of history . yes this school and prairie view would not be here except for him but the real history shows a lot more . time after time he sided with black texans and was heavily criticized by whites. suffice it to say for me to remove him i need facts that he was a racist and i haven't found those accusations to be true. i'm still looking however but it ain't there yet except for some revisionist history with no basis .... so far .

Sent from my iPhone

------

Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:34 AM
To: John Sharp <john@johnsharp.com>
Chancellor Sharp,

Thank you for your earlier reply. If I could ask of you to reflect on one thing you said there it's that you hired multiple historians to research Sullivan and only got one from a prominent black man supporting him, yet sidestep that Blackshear was the Ross's hire and his subordinate because PVAMU was put under the purview of the white agricultural college.

Also, the statement was from 1897, not from a eulogy as Sully died in 1898. That statement would have been awkward while eulogizing him since Sully's funeral bier where he was not covered by an Aggie flag or an American flag, but by the Stars and Bars. (Keepers of the Spirit: The Corps of Cadets at Texas Aamp;m University, 1876-2001, John A. Adams, Pg. 58)

-(Telco)

Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 8:02 AM
battle is not what they are accusing him of. you are simply wrong. and you obviously have not read the history. the real history. soon you will be able to.

Sent from my iPhone
[Quoted text hidden]

Emphasis is mine on that last part because it felt mustache twirly.

Should I email John Sharp and ask him about the aggy alumni Klan robe collection? 

If Jimbo can recruit OOS after the beating the ags are going to receive for not being willing to do the right thing and take down the statue, I will be highly impressed. 

What we need now is someone like Demas seeing the light and announcing an intention to transfer out if the statue doesn’t come down. I don’t expect him to, but one never knows. This is all going to get a lot worse for John Sharp before this goes away. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Should I email John Sharp and ask him about the aggy alumni Klan robe collection? 

If Jimbo can recruit OOS after the beating the ags are going to receive for not being willing to do the right thing and take down the statue, I will be highly impressed. 

What we need now is someone like Demas seeing the light and announcing an intention to transfer out if the statue doesn’t come down. I don’t expect him to, but one never knows. This is all going to get a lot worse for John Sharp before this goes away. 

Ha Demas and most of their OOS aren’t allowed to transfer per their original agreement 

29 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Yes dude!

This is what you do. You are the resident aggy historian.

PLEASE email him.

(and post it here)

Thank you in advance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nnm said:

From texags:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3118948

If y'all want to know where Chancellor Sharp stands, here's an email exchange with him:

Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 9:36 PM
To: john@johnsharp.com
Chancellor Sharp,

I don't have a clue what it's like to look at a statue and think "that guy spent a few decades killing my people," so I'm not going to pretend to truly emphasize with the folks that want the statue moved. If moving it helps give Aggie minorities the same beautiful Aggie experience I had, especially when observing silver taps and proposing to my wife under the century tree, then I'm for it.

It's just a statue, and Sully's history doesn't disappear with it. Besides, this train isn't coming back into the station (it's been going since 1998!), so it's ridiculous to choose to relitigate this and make ourselves look like *******s every few years because our white fans can't stop telling our black athletes on social media to stick to sports and shut their mouths.

You know better than most that Aggies can't stand change and will get loud, and fast. But just pull the band-aid off already and don't kick this can down the road anymore.

Gig 'em,
(TelcoAg), '06

------

Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM
well the only problem with that is he didn't kill thise people u r talking about! i've seen the facts and the footnotes. if you or any person open to the real history would read it there is simply no way u would come to the conclusion that we should disgrace this guys legacy. i've hired historians on both sides to find the reasons to remove him and brother it ain't there . when the most prominent black man in texas at the time of his death eulogized him and said he was the best friend black texans had , don't you think maybe someone is trying to give a false version of history . yes this school and prairie view would not be here except for him but the real history shows a lot more . time after time he sided with black texans and was heavily criticized by whites. suffice it to say for me to remove him i need facts that he was a racist and i haven't found those accusations to be true. i'm still looking however but it ain't there yet except for some revisionist history with no basis .... so far .

Sent from my iPhone

------

Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:34 AM
To: John Sharp <john@johnsharp.com>
Chancellor Sharp,

Thank you for your earlier reply. If I could ask of you to reflect on one thing you said there it's that you hired multiple historians to research Sullivan and only got one from a prominent black man supporting him, yet sidestep that Blackshear was the Ross's hire and his subordinate because PVAMU was put under the purview of the white agricultural college.

Also, the statement was from 1897, not from a eulogy as Sully died in 1898. That statement would have been awkward while eulogizing him since Sully's funeral bier where he was not covered by an Aggie flag or an American flag, but by the Stars and Bars. (Keepers of the Spirit: The Corps of Cadets at Texas Aamp;m University, 1876-2001, John A. Adams, Pg. 58)

-(Telco)

Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 8:02 AM
battle is not what they are accusing him of. you are simply wrong. and you obviously have not read the history. the real history. soon you will be able to.

Sent from my iPhone
[Quoted text hidden]

Emphasis is mine on that last part because it felt mustache twirly.

The real story eh?maybe he can get his own show to air it on 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

John@johnsharp.com?  Really?

The other aggys on the thread vouch for the OP. Supposedly he had previous inside info from an exchange with Sharp that planned out. I don’t know. 

They're bragging about setting up branches they could steal from. Prairie View was just now able to gain its independence. 

"One of his greatest accomplishments was the support of Prairie View A&M. While opponents in Austin yearly worked to kill funding, Ross made sure the only public school of high education for African Americans would grow and prosper. Ross a hired close personal friend, Professor Edward L. Blackshear, the former director of African=American schools in Austin when he was governor in the late 1880s, to become the ‘principal’ (president) of Prairie View."

7 hours ago, Pimphand said:

You could argue that this might be the Aggy Waterloo except that they are missing the massive run of victories up until that point.

They have now turnt on their own who are white: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3119046

Holy shit. They turn on people with such remarkable speed. They loved Gates. The always referred to him as Director Gates or one of his official titles. Now he differs with the cult and he is an absolutely worthless piece of shit who destroyed A&M.

If Gates' goal was to destroy A&M, he failed miserably. What an army of narrow minded morons. They do belong in the SEC, maybe in Mississippi or South Carolina. Not Texas.

11 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

My daughter wanted to see a lot of the Universities to help her decide where she should go. My wife was going to do the A&M trip, so I booked them two rooms in the "Aggy hotel" (Yes, the one that sits 60 yards from a live railroad track). All is well until other daughter breaks her arm (badly) requiring surgery. Much better for mom to stay home, so off we go to Collie Station. We check in, walk around the campus and talk. I laugh about "Rudder tower" and explain to her that our Vet in Austin when I was a kid was one of the "old ags" that wanted Rudder dead, since he allowed women in and allowed students to not be in the corps, now their "main building" is named after him.  She was shocked that they had spent money to have a scoreboard on their stadium pet cemetery. I told her of Sul Ross, Governor, Texas Ranger, President. of A&M, War Criminal. 

Next morning we're on the tour, fairly standard stuff. With a coupe of exceptions, The tour at A&M is more like an hour and a half, where most places keep it to about 45 minutes. A percentage of the folks on the tour are obviously going to send their kid to A&M and ONLY A&M. Instead of trying to soak in the good and the bad, instead of going as a family and letting the kid choose their path, it was a strange vibe. More of a "look at your great new school Jr.!" The tours at A&M are less interactive and more of the guide having to stand on an exact spot and recite the 5 lines from a memorized flash card. Soooo, we end up at the statue of "Sully", I'm more or less numb to all the blather at this point. But I do notice the tour guide tells of what a great guy he was, Governor, Ranger and President of A&M, No reference to the Civil War. My daughter turns and looks at me, with a look that is clearly "aren't you going to say something dad?". I believe my slight head shake told her "no freaking way". The tour had people of all races, and I wouldn't straighten this place out if I could.

Ultimately, it was the concept of "midnight yell" and the tour guide trying to have a "mini yell practice" in front of the statue of E. King Gill that put the nail in their coffin with my daughter. I told her wherever you go to school, you should be a part of the experience. She said going to a midnight yell practice when she might have a paper to write was "stupid". I didn't disagree with her. 

When the tour guide went through all of the different "class yells' and told all of the prospective students to do the freshman yell, my daughter turned to me and said "I'm no longer a prospective student".

It came down to Trinity, TCU, and UT.

She starts at UT in the Fall.

haha i loved reading this...i also took my niece on all her college tours, and we started with atm b/c i wanted to be objective and i also wanted her to see the 'biggest' first so she could compare. 

she obviously knows i'm a longhorn, but i have honestly never said anything about aggy. she couldn't care less about football. 

first, she was completely puzzled and then amused by the corps, she kept asking 'but exactly WHAT do they DO?'

but like your daughter...it was one of the speeches about 'the aggy family' and what a bond it was and the experience of being an aggy, and when one of the girls giving the tour actual teared up talking about one of the traditions (maybe muster? silver taps? hell if i know)...the girl got all emotional about how much it means to be an aggy...

my niece leaned over to me and said quietly 'these people are weird, this place is like a cult'. 

i admit it...i was proud as hell, and she came to the conclusion all on her own lol.

she's going to the Honors college at UNT :)

• Like 7

Amazing...

This Uncle Tom honors Sully. Tell your TSU classmates this coon is a sell out. This minority doctor will still remain as proud as ever a proud Aggie and saw Howdy and pass on the Aggie love. 
Gig 'em!”

From the the same poster, earlier in the same post:

I too attended as a minority student and never felt any discrimination. Walking past some corps dorms confederate logos hung outside occasionally but I knew it was there because of the past and I got lots of Howdys.“

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3118762/last#last

Edited by Randolph Duke

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ am I glad to be out of that backwater den of toad-fucking illiterate redneck racist cumstains.

I had a nice long conversation with a neighbor recently about how to tell the difference between a UNC fan and a Duke fan, because I've been here almost a year, and it's still not obvious to me. He said you can't really tell until the subject comes up. Which is the polar opposite of what I'm used to: aggy has an aura of backwardness that enters the room five minutes before they do.

There is nothing they can't fuck up beyond all imagining. It's 2020, and they wouldn't object to turning the dogs loose at Selma. Unbefuckinglieavable. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Holy shit. They turn on people with such remarkable speed. They loved Gates. The always referred to him as Director Gates or one of his official titles. Now he differs with the cult and he is an absolutely worthless piece of shit who destroyed A&M.

If Gates' goal was to destroy A&M, he failed miserably. What an army of narrow minded morons. They do belong in the SEC, maybe in Mississippi or South Carolina. Not Texas.

Gates' terrible crime was that he commissioned a report that told them exactly what was wrong with them and what they needed to do to fix themselves and they didn't like reading it. It's like when Tarp tells the truth about their recruiting.

The ags are historically illiterate.

Nothing about Sul Ross reflects timeless values. Nothing.

Sul Ross saw African Americans as a race cursed with lower intelligence than whites and doomed "to be governed into extinction" is not for their white overlords gifting them the piss poor excuse of an education they were allowed during Ross' time. ("governed into extinction" by racist whites such as Ross, mind you)

I understand this abhorrent viewpoint is consistent with aggy values, but aggy values are rarely one and the same as American values.

Sul Ross neither believed in equality, nor did he promote equality. He didn’t promote educating black Texans. When it came to African Americans, Ross considered them “blindly ignorant” as a race. His stated goal was to keep the African American race “above the level of extinction.” Nothing more. 

Sounds like most aggys today, doesn't it? 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

ross race title.JPG

stronger in intelligence.JPG

Edited by Randolph Duke

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

haha i loved reading this...i also took my niece on all her college tours, and we started with atm b/c i wanted to be objective and i also wanted her to see the 'biggest' first so she could compare. 

she obviously knows i'm a longhorn, but i have honestly never said anything about aggy. she couldn't care less about football. 

first, she was completely puzzled and then amused by the corps, she kept asking 'but exactly WHAT do they DO?'

but like your daughter...it was one of the speeches about 'the aggy family' and what a bond it was and the experience of being an aggy, and when one of the girls giving the tour actual teared up talking about one of the traditions (maybe muster? silver taps? hell if i know)...the girl got all emotional about how much it means to be an aggy...

my niece leaned over to me and said quietly 'these people are weird, this place is like a cult'. 

i admit it...i was proud as hell, and she came to the conclusion all on her own lol.

she's going to the Honors college at UNT :)

It's an interesting position to be in, isn't it? There you are walking around A&M and basically trying to not laugh at things like "dead dog plaza" or the drama in the guides voice when she says things like "THIS is where the Corps assembles and THIS is where you will get your Aggy ring".

I did fail one time. Not loud enough for anyone other than my daughter to hear. When the guide said "and WE have the second highest ranked Petroleum Engineering program in the whole WORLD!",  I leaned over to my daughter and said "gee,I wonder who is number one?" When she laughed, a few on the tour turned around, but nobody asked why.

She put more weight on campus beauty than I would have, but it was commented on with every University. She thought A&M was ugly, and asked why they have a water tower as a center piece. Speaking of the water tower, we refilled our water bottles at the student center (yes I complied with their wishes and took my cap off). I'm assuming they teach a class in water treatment and let some students have at it. It was WAY over chlorinated (knock a buzzard off a gut wagon).

None of it escaped my daughters notice. But probably the best thing from my perspective, is the "street cred" I gained after the tour guide basically verified everything I told her the night before.

As we waled back to the hotel, we passed near one of the signs that says "Please don't walk on the grass around the student center" She wanted a picture of her next to the sign, stepping on the grass". Yep, she's my daughter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

They're bragging about setting up branches they could steal from. Prairie View was just now able to gain its independence. 

"One of his greatest accomplishments was the support of Prairie View A&M. While opponents in Austin yearly worked to kill funding, Ross made sure the only public school of high education for African Americans would grow and prosper. Ross a hired close personal friend, Professor Edward L. Blackshear, the former director of African=American schools in Austin when he was governor in the late 1880s, to become the ‘principal’ (president) of Prairie View."

I don't get the BUT, Prairie View argument in support of Sully.  PV was created to segregate. 

11 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I don't get the BUT, Prairie View argument in support of Sully.  PV was created to segregate. 

And college station has spent every day since stealing money from their pockets. Which is probably the real reason Ross had in mind for it- to benefit the white school at its expense as a slush fund. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

32 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Texas A&M never fails to promote itself as “the wealthiest public university in the nation.”

To get to this Olympic leap of self-promotion, the ags consider the entirety of the PUF participation of the A&M System as belonging exclusively to Texas A&M, College Station. 

This, of course, ignores any legal rights Prairie View has to receive PUF/AUF revenues. 

They subordinate, ignore, deny, misrepresent, and refuse to recognize Prairie View’s equal status to TAMU, yet they want us to believe they equally promote the interests of PVAMU. 

Bullshit. 

From John Sharp on down, aggys marginalize PV in every way conceivable and yet still claim to respect PV’s role within the TAMU System. 

If aggy is “the wealthiest public university in the nation,” why isn’t PV the wealthiest HBCU in the nation?

Answer: Because of systemic aggy racism.

Since the aggys believe so fervently in segregation, let them segregate a distinct endowment out of the TAMU System’s PUF/ AUF participation rights. The further PV can remove itself from John Sharp and the aggys, the better for all of Texas. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

Texags is showing their true racist colors. And they wonder why most 5 star athletes want nothing to do with them. aggy has a culture that makes poc feel unwelcomed attending their school. Fuck em!

P.S. the corps is a national joke. A fucking Lassie dog can not be a general(those dickheads actually believe that and went to lengths to make it happen). 

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Amazing...

This Uncle Tom honors Sully. Tell your TSU classmates this coon is a sell out. This minority doctor will still remain as proud as ever a proud Aggie and saw Howdy and pass on the Aggie love. 
Gig 'em!”

I too attended as a minority student and never felt any discrimination. Walking past some corps dorms confederate logos hung outside occasionally but I knew it was there because of the past and I got lots of Howdys.“

Same genre as the opposing fan letters after games. Aggies are shameless in inventing propaganda.

"I got lots of Howdys" has to be written by the reddest ass Aggie to be used as evidence for what a swell place Aggieland is.

The reaction to the Confederate "logos" that were okay because of the past further suggest to me that the writer is not African American. "The past" is a bloody defense of slavery and a prelude to Jim Crow, the KKK, and the rope. The writer is surely someone convinced that the war was over state's rights and the flag celebrates the best of the South. Hard to imagine any melanine at all in the writer. 

Just another deplorable act from a cult that has managed to prove themselves more despicable and less amusing over the years. 

edit: I see Orange and White beat me to the out of town fan observation. Kudos.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Same genre as the opposing fan letters after games. Aggies are shameless in inventing propaganda.

"I got lots of Howdys" has to be written by the reddest ass Aggie to be used as evidence for what a swell place Aggieland is.

The reaction to the Confederate "logos" that were okay because of the past further suggest to me that the writer is not African American. "The past" is a bloody defense of slavery and a prelude to Jim Crow, the KKK, and the rope. The writer is surely someone convinced that the war was over state's rights and the flag celebrates the best of the South. Hard to imagine any melanine at all in the writer. 

Just another deplorable act from a cult that has managed to prove themselves more despicable and less amusing over the years. 

edit: I see Orange and White beat me to the out of town fan observation. Kudos.

I too was curious about what "logo" they were talking about. because i doubt anyone could identify the CSA seal

Spoiler

591px-Seal_of_the_Confederate_States_of_

I assume he was talking about the flag which != the battle flag.

Either way, I am actually curious about if anyone called him about about the "logo" comment. 

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Amazing...

Gig 'em!”

Wow. Kellen Mond's letter is impressive and scholarly. It's written with an understanding that he won't have the ear of his listener long, and that his listeners must be appealed to at an emotional level (he graciously accepts that Ross was not wholly wicked). His argument and evidence is perfectly laid out.

I doubt that I could have written that letter while a college student. I see the man in a whole new light now. Brave and exceptionally articulate. Why would such a man choose to go to A&M? I guess it's all Jimbo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Kellen Mond's letter is impressive and scholarly. It's written with an understanding that he won't have the ear of his listener long, and that his listeners must be appealed to at an emotional level (he graciously accepts that Ross was not wholly wicked). His argument and evidence is perfectly laid out.

I doubt that I could have written that letter while a college student. I see the man in a whole new light now. Brave and exceptionally articulate. Why would such a man choose to go to A&M? I guess it's all Jimbo.

Which brings up the question?  ___'_____________

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

I too was curious about what "logo" they were talking about. because i doubt anyone could identify the CSA seal

Hide contents

591px-Seal_of_the_Confederate_States_of_

I assume he was talking about the flag which != the battle flag.

Either way, I am actually curious about if anyone called him about about the "logo" comment. 

From google

Deo vindice, meaning "(With) God (as) our defender/protector", was the national motto of the Confederate States. It appears on the margin beneath the device of the Seal of the Confederate States.

My Latin sucks to the extent it even still exists, so I had to look it up. I'll take this opportunity to salute the Latin students who caught the flaw in my user name. I took 4 semesters of Latin at Texas and had high marks. In the fifth semester, I found myself among the real Latin scholars and was struggling to stay above a D. I dropped the course and always admired the students who put in the work. Compliments. You are my betters.

• Like 1