Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

NMAS, you're going to screw around and hurt yourself trying to understand what those idiots mean/intend/think.

Both my parents went to UT.  Out of myself and my three siblings, 3 of 4 went to UT.  The other went to Appalachian State.  Out of my kids and my nieces/nephews that are of college age and went to college 4 of 5 are aggy.  I understand them out of necessity.

• Like 1

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

If we're not careful here, Sharp might just dig in his heels on this racism shit and then piss off enough of the more tolerable aggies and find himself too much of an embarrassment to hold the position.

I mean, the chances they'd hire anyone good are pretty slim, but if there is one thing we can be sure of it is that Sharp is making a mockery of that place on every level and the schadenfreude has been pretty fun. I'm not ready for the roller coaster to end. Maybe he will extend Jimbo another 10 years or something.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Both my parents went to UT.  Out of myself and my three siblings, 3 of 4 went to UT.  The other went to Appalachian State.  Out of my kids and my nieces/nephews that are of college age and went to college 4 of 5 are aggy.  I understand them out of necessity.

Appalachian State is HOT HOT HOT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Well if we’re piling on, and why wouldn’t we, my niece had the same reaction. Way too cultish for her.

My daughter (UT grad, no damn pictures) went to a football game there with friends while she was still in high school.  When I asked her what she thought about it afterward, she likened it to "Triumph of the Will".  Smart girl.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Orange&White said:

If we're not careful here, Sharp might just dig in his heels on this racism shit and then piss off enough of the more tolerable aggies and find himself too much of an embarrassment to hold the position.

I mean, the chances they'd hire anyone good are pretty slim, but if there is one thing we can be sure of it is that Sharp is making a mockery of that place on every level and the schadenfreude has been pretty fun. I'm not ready for the roller coaster to end. Maybe he will extend Jimbo another 10 years or something.

Sharp originally wanted to give Jimbo a 15 year contract. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Sharp originally wanted to give Jimbo a 15 year contract. 

John Sharp can't understand how a shrine on a public university campus to a celebrated "negro killer" could be seen as offensive.

No one could exemplify that which is aggy any better than John Sharp, except possibly Rick Perry who still can't understand how naming his hunting camp "Niggerhead" could be deemed offensive.

From Jefferson Davis to the "abomination of African citizenship," to "Niggerhead," to their sacred "negro killer" shrine. How can anyone (other than an aggy) not recognize the corps of racial hatred that runs deep throughout the culture of Texas A&M? And in mere weeks, another crop of young Texans are going to begin their state funded indoctrination into racism at aggy Fish Camp.

Why again do the people of Texas still pay to perpetuate institutionalized racism on public university campuses?

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

sul ross negro killer.jpeg

jeff davis sublime.jpeg

rick perry camp.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, nnm said:

Even worse if you whitemansplained twice. 

you know what's strange? I didn't hit "Submit Reply" twice, or even notice anything was amiss. I hit Reply, it seemed like it worked with no issues, one reply showed up, and then I moved on. I come back and bingo, there are two replies there. Never seen that before. 

• Like 1

A&M season win total is sitting at 9.5 wins. I took a little action on the under  (+105), as I have a hard time seeing them getting to 10 wins with Bama, LSU, and  a few other teams with a pulse on the schedule. They better have some pretty good white backups on that team, because the fanbase is ready to write of Mond and every other player with the audacity to think black lives matter. Unfortunately, I suspect the chances of the season getting played in its entirety (full 12 game schedule) is risky at best. 

On 6/23/2020 at 10:41 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Soooo.... We're waiting on another data dump from TexAgs?

Turdition.

An aggy is dumping data on the SEC Rant board right now about their Corps and how they sent more officers to fight in WW2 than all the service academies put together.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

An aggy is dumping data on the SEC Rant board right now about their Corps and how "they sent more officers to fight in WW2 than all the service academies" put together.

Well, they should have seeing how the student body there was LARGER  than ALL 3 Service Academies (WP, Annapolis, USCG) combined at that time. Merchant Marine Academy didn't start until 1943 and USAF in '54. 

Whenever I hear one of our aggy brethren spouting how they saved the world from fascism, tyranny, and then proudly use the quote above.... I simply reply, "And that's why it took us almost 4 years to win the war". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Oh Lord that crock of shit again.

"By federal law Texas A&M is the largest SMC"?  Lol. Wow.

The academy/WWII fairy tale

"Over 6100 aggys dies during WWII!?" Fucking hilarious.Total fiction. Fyi - The WWII death rate for West Point grads during WWII was 54.3 per thousand. This racist redneck is asserting the death rate for aggys during WWII was 300 per thousand, or 600% of the rate of West Point.

Toy soldier idiots.

Texas A&M by federal law is the largest of six designated senior military universities in the country, outside of the service academies.
Aggies have served and countinue to serve in the US Armed forces by the thousands.
WWII TAMU provided more serving officers than ALL the military academies combined. With over 14,000 officers. 7 Medal of Honor winners. Over 6100 Aggie Deaths.
Korean War- 1900 Aggie Officers
Vietnam War- almost 4000 serving officers, 161 dead.
Aggies continue to serve as officers in all military branches by the thousands, up to and including two and three star ranks.
You can make fun of our football team, our traditions we hold dear. But if you wish to slander and denigrate our tradition of military service to this country you’d better keep hiding behind your keyboard and Antifa mask in your mommy’s basement. Otherwise you will get your arse kicked. Saying otherwise about the proud Aggie service to this country does nothing but reveal an astonishing ignorance and stupidity that reflects poorly on you and your university.

One of their revered MOH honorees was a horned frog. Carswell went to aggy for a year, got the hell out of there, transferred to TCU, played football, graduated, and was a proud horned frog all his life. He never claimed aggy, never wanted to be associated with them. But they speak about him and his sacrifice in hushed tones, as if it were theirs. Makes me sick.

Texas A&M = Stolen valor. 

• Like 3

The ags have been predictably comical in their defense of their shrine to their beloved "negro killer." One narrative being promoted is that since the statue was created some 50 years after the end of the War and since Ross was wearing civilian clothes, as opposed to his Confederate uniform, the statue couldn't possibly be related to his racially fueled war crimes committed against U.A. Army soldiers.

An interesting analysis of the construction of statues and monuments celebrating Civil War era individuals helps explain.

https://www.aier.org/article/what-the-data-say-about-civil-war-monuments/

The peak year for the construction of both types was 1911, the beginning of the 50th anniversary of the war.

Union monuments substantially outnumber Confederate monuments in total, although the annual number of Confederate statues briefly overtook the Union totals in the cluster of dates around the 1911 anniversary. Likely explanations include the northern states being comparatively wealthier after the war and thus able to afford commemorations at earlier points, as well as the country’s coalescing around a reconciliationist narrative of how the war was remembered in the lifetimes of its participants. Although this narrative tapped “reunification” and a nationalist concept of the union, it was also intertwined with the elevation of the southern “Lost Cause” myth that intentionally downplayed slavery. With a few notable exceptions, monuments in this era often neglected or omitted the presence of African-Americans entirely, including the United States Colored Troops that fought on the northern side of the war.

At the same time, the statistical patterns for both types of monuments likely has a deeper explanation tied to the influence of Civil War veterans as a sizable political constituency. The influx of public and private expenditures on monuments coincides with the lifespan of veterans from the conflict, as well as a pattern witnessed in other wars that commemorates major anniversaries. The 50th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg in 1913, for example, drew over 50,000 elderly veterans to the site. It coincided with a monument building spree across the country, including hundreds of local ceremonies and veterans reunion events.

121212.jpeg

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The ags have been predictably comical in their defense of their shrine to their beloved "negro killer." One narrative being promoted is that since the statue was created some 50 years after the end of the War and since Ross was wearing civilian clothes, as opposed to his Confederate uniform, the statue couldn't possibly be related to his racially fueled war crimes committed against U.A. Army soldiers.

An interesting analysis of the construction of statues and monuments celebrating Civil War era individuals helps explain.

121212.jpeg

Who the hell is making Confederate monuments in the year 2000?

45 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Go to secrant.com

first forum (Sec Rant)

Title of thread: “Does aggie have military affiliation”

thank you! https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/does-aggie-have-military-affiliation-or-are-they-wannabes/90629928/

this is great

first post:

Does Aggie have military affiliation or are they wannabes?

Serious question.

If they’re not affiliated with the military, wtf is going on with their uniforms?

Don’t ask, Don’t tell

the one mentioned above

Spoiler

Texas A&M by federal law is the largest of six designated senior military universities in the country, outside of the service academies.
Aggies have served and countinue to serve in the US Armed forces by the thousands.
WWII TAMU provided more serving officers than ALL the military academies combined. With over 14,000 officers. 7 Medal of Honor winners. Over 6100 Aggie Deaths.
Korean War- 1900 Aggie Officers
Vietnam War- almost 4000 serving officers, 161 dead.
Aggies continue to serve as officers in all military branches by the thousands, up to and including two and three star ranks.
You can make fun of our football team, our traditions we hold dear. But if you wish to slander and denigrate our tradition of military service to this country you’d better keep hiding behind your keyboard and Antifa mask in your mommy’s basement. Otherwise you will get your arse kicked. Saying otherwise about the proud Aggie service to this country does nothing but reveal an astonishing ignorance and stupidity that reflects poorly on you and your university.

i think this one is my favorite though

Aggies are the Village People of the SEC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

KaiserSoze thinks he’s on a roll over there jumping on a sip who called his bs.

“Randy Duke”

”shitte”

“Frick”

lulzes

I’m just waiting for John Sharp’s “facts” about their beloved, gallant “negro killer.” Whoever accepts that assignment has to whitewash (pun intended) aggy history and that of Sul Ross to deliver to John Sharp a story that “proves” Ross to be the greatest friend ever of the black man in a document sure to be scrutinized (dare I say ridiculed) by qualified (read: “non-aggy”) academics. 

What Sharp wants would be career suicide for any historian. 

Its going to be pure comedy gold watching the aggys deal with the backlash that is just waiting for them. 

Jackie Sherrill:

Key notes from Jackie Sherrill interview

• It's been a hard few months for everybody. The administrations, the fans and the players have dealt with a lot of different situations. We're all in this pool of water, and it goes up and down every day. One day a group of scientists and experts say this, and the next day they will say something completely different. We're in uncharted waters, and I don't think anyone knows what's happening. 

• Most college athletes have a 12-month training program where you keep your body and mind in shape year-round. As an athlete, you get into a routine of breaking those months up into sections and taking into account the offseason, the spring practices, the summer workouts and the actual season. We've missed a large chunk of the offseason, all of spring practice and a chunk of the summer as well. How much will not having that everyday schedule affect the athletes? They are in a much different situation now than they have ever been in.

• To give you an idea of the medical staff at any university, they have been bombarded lately. There is a lot of equipment and decisions that have to be made to keep them safe. There is so much equipment, sanitation and so many factors to take into account. How do you accurately measure what you need to keep the athletes safe? We know now that you can't go into the facilities if you have a high temperature, so there are a few things schools are doing to make sure they contain the spread of the virus. We're looking at additional millions of dollars that every university will be spending just on medical staff alone.

• I don't have an idea of just how vital the chaplains, team therapists and psychiatrists are within a team. We had a psychiatrist during my coaching days that helped us to get a better idea of what a player was going through, understand what they have experienced and where they were mentally. I think we need to continue to test the players and make sure they are succeeding mentally. A player may be great physically speaking, but mentally, they are struggling. Those are the things that need to be considered moving forward. We're going through something we have never experienced, and I don't know many coaches that are part-time psychiatrists, so you have to hire people like that to help your players grow not just in their sport, but as people as well.

• I think people are becoming more open-minded and trying to understand the issues going on in the country. Many people know me, and back in the 80s, I was not a political person. I said what needed to be said and didn't branch out too much. I remember talking to Mack Brown once and telling him that there is no way I could've ever coached at Texas. I'm not the kind of guy that can flip the tie every five seconds to appease the people.

• What I will say is that we need to continue to do the right thing, and there are guys with the titles in front of their names whose jobs it is to handle these types of issues in the news. Chancellors and presidents like John Sharp and Michael Young — even head coaches like Jimbo Fisher — have to deal with a lot of things that many others don't have to account for. We are in times where there are people in place that hold the responsibility to act.

• As a person involved in politics, the Governor of Mississippi is being pulled in different directions. A majority of Mississippians voted to keep the flag the way it is, but there are still a lot saying it needs to be changed. I think we need to get rid of things that suppress people. One of my favorite things from coaching was the unity in the locker room. On a team, everyone is equal, no matter where you are from or what religion or beliefs you have.

• Unfortunately, people are using the athletes for their agenda and using them for their benefit. I always ask people how much they have studied history and not just what someone has told them about. What I will say is that when the NCAA says they won't play a championship in Mississippi, I think the NCAA is trying to get too involved.

• The NCAA has never been in the business of helping the athletes. At one time, a student-athlete in Kansas sued the NCAA because they were found to be withholding funds that were supposed to go to athletics. For years you had athletes that were underfunded because the NCAA didn't provide the funds to truly take care of them. If you look at the cost of living, the quality of living that the NCAA had pushed on its athletes had been underwhelming for decades. I'm against all the people that just jump on the bandwagon, and to me, the NCAA is one of the biggest hypocrites there is.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, Randolph Duke said:

"Over 6100 aggys dies during WWII!?" Fucking hilarious.Total fiction. Fyi - The WWII death rate for West Point grads during WWII was 54.3 per thousand. This racist redneck is asserting the death rate for aggys during WWII was 300 per thousand, or 600% of the rate of West Point.

With the likelihood of fragging due to aggy incompetence &/or annoyance, he may actually be correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, Orange&White said:

You ain't seen nothing yet.