Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Fucking hilarious. One of the rednecks is claiming he is calling adult protective services, asking an aggy football player be arrested for “abusing” an old aggy racist by talking too close to him. 

Any Aggie yelling 12 inches from a peaceful man's face and bowing up to him (perhaps in his 70s) is a 2%er and a coward. That thug could out run me and would have to but skinny twig best not try to get physical with most men under 60. 
I am going through legal avenues to have him properly charged and arrested. The good elderly peaceful Ag that he abused isn't the type to press charges but in cases of the abuse of children and the elderly the state can move forward with charges anyhow and it's all on video as the moronic abuser mentions at the end of the video. Should make the Stupid Criminals show.

Look at 0:17 

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1276708873475428352?://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1276708873475428352?

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/adult_protection/

(979) 220-8595

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121301/last#last

Edited by Randolph Duke

• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3121120

“Texas A&M University Department of History Faculty on the Institutional History of Lawrence Sullivan Ross
It has come to our attention that recent calls for removal of the Lawrence Sullivan Ross statue from Academic Plaza are being answered by the Chancellor's office with a document titled "Lawrence Sullivan Ross: Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman" that is outdated, incomplet, Knightly Gentleman" that is outdated, incomplete, ande, and unreliable. Elements of this partial history are likewise being uncritically repeated in various forums online and elsewhere. Let us be clear, the "real story of Sul Ross," as it was termed in one email, was not produced by the Department of History at Texas A&M University and does not meet the rigorous standards of our discipline (i.e., it is missing attribution, bibliographic citations, and an acknowledgement of varying interpretations, among other flaws).1 Our commitment to the scholarly standards of our profession, as well as to academic and personal integrity, compel us to offer the following statement by way of clarifying, contextualizing, and enriching our collective understanding of Ross as an historical figure.
As historians in the Department of History at Texas A&M University, we find the "real story of Sul Ross" to be unreliable in three important ways.
1. The narrative that is being circulated does not sufficiently explain Ross's role in the displacement, dispossession, and denigration of Indigenous people in Texas. Instead, it relies on: a partial account of his time as a Texas Ranger without the full history of the Ranger force as one that terrorized Indigenous peoples as well as Mexican and African Americans, facile characterizations of Native groups as "friendly" or "hostile," and little consideration of his role in the massacre at Pease Creek and the expulsion of most Native American Texans from their ancestral homelands to Indian Territory.2
2. The narrative makes no mention of Ross's role within and on behalf of the Confederate States of America nor does it even use the term Civil War, referring instead to a "call to duty" and concern for states' rights. What might that duty and those rights be? The leading Texas secessionist, John Marshall, spelled it out in the Austin State Gazette, April 20, 1861: "It is essential to the honor and safety of every poor white man to keep the [N]egro in his present state of subordination and discipline." While the consequences of the Civil War are still unfolding in the present, it is a matter of consensus among professional historians that preservation of an agrarian economy, culture, and society based on human bondage and white supremacy was the primary catalyst for Confederate secession, whether or not a given individual was a slave owner (as was Ross's father and from which he directly benefitted).3 In addition, Texan Confederates' proclivities for
1 We recommend consulting: the American Historical Association's "Statement on the Standards of Professional Conduct."
2 We recommend consulting: Gary Clayton Anderson, The Conquest of Texas: Ethnic Cleansing in the Promised Land, 1820-1875 (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2005); Paul H. Carlson and Tom Crum,
William Carrigan and Bill Clive, Forgotten Dead: Mob Violence against Mexicans in the United States, 1848-1928 (New York: Oxford University Press, 2013); David LaVere, The Texas Indians (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 2004); Monica Muoz Martnez, The Injustice Never Leaves You: Anti-Mexican Violence in Texas (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2018).
and Massacre: The Pease River Capture of Cynthia Ann Parker (Lubbock: Texas Tech University Press, 2012);
Eighth Census of the United States 1860; National Archives Washington DC, USA; Series Number: M653; Record
Group: Records of the Bureau of the Census; RG29,
Myth, Memory,

violence extended to other ethnic groups such as Germans and Tejanos and also to white dissenters from "the cause."4
3. The narrative pointedly disavows any participation in the Ku Klux Klan but does not explain that white supremacist violence characterized the state in the years after Reconstruction far beyond the functioning of any single organization. As a Texas Ranger in his early life and as the Texas governor who oversaw the Rangers later, Ross represented and carried out anti-Mexican, anti-Black, and anti-Indigenous beliefs and policies. These were not hidden attitudes, as one lyric of an official Rangers song attests: "all the Mexkins [sic] ought to be...in a narrow grave just six by three."5 Ross's direct involvement in the so-called Jaybird-Woodpecker War in 1888-89 resulted in the disfranchisement and violent expulsion of Black Americans from Fort Bend County and ensured whites-only primaries and elections for decades to come.6 In these and other actions, Ross was not alone. Anti-Black laws, poll taxes and voter intimidation, and violent attacks against people of color were the primary way that white southerners consolidated their power in the post-Reconstruction era. It is unequivocally true that Ross agreed with, supported, and defended these policies until his death, even as he carried out what might be considered isolated acts of charity towards some communities of color.7
There are many other important historical contexts and bodies of testimony that should be considered in any legitimate accounting of Lawrence Sullivan Ross's life and legacies. Historians have a responsibility to consult myriad sources from multiple perspectives and all those voices cannot always be reconciled. Instead, we must inhabit the uncertainties and contradictions of the human condition and be ever-mindful of how choices made in the past affect our lives in the present. The "real story of Sul Ross" does none of this.
4 We recommend consulting: Dale Baum, The Shattering of Texas Unionism: Politics in the Lone Star State during the Civil War Era (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1998); Walter Buenger, Secession and the Union in Texas (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1984);
5 David Montejano, Anglos and Mexicans in the Making of Texas, 1836-1986 (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1987), 102.
6 Leslie Ann Lovett, "The Jaybird-Woodpecker War: Reconstruction and Redemption in Fort Bend County, Texas, 1869-1889," (M.A. Thesis, Rice University, 1994), 78-79; Pauline Yelderman, "Jaybird-Woodpecker War," Texas State Historical Association Online, https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/wfj01.
7 We recommend consulting: Randolph B. Campbell, Grass-Roots Reconstruction in Texas, 1865-1880 (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1997); Eric Foner, Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877 (New York: HarperCollins, rev. ed. 2014); John Hope Franklin, Reconstruction after the Civil War (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 3rd. ed. 2012); John William Gorman, "The Crucible of Freedom: Reconstruction Violence in Texas, 1865-1868 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Texas A&M University, 2019); Jumpin' Jim Crow: Southern Politics from Civil War to Civil Rights, ed. Jane Dailey, Glenda Gilmore, and Bryant Simon (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2000); Montejano, Anglos and Mexicans in the Making of Texas, 1836-1986.
Randolph B. Campbell, An Empire for Slavery: The Peculiar
Institution in Texas, 18211865 (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1989); F.R. Lubbock,
Texas: Or, Memoirs of Francis Richard Lubbock, Governor of Texas in War Time, 1861-63. A Personal Experience in
Six Decades in
Business, War, and Politics (Austin, B. C. Jones & co., printers, 1900); Sul Ross, "Life & Adventures," [n.d.], Ross
Family Papers, Baylor University Library; Andrew J. Torget, Seeds of Empire: Cotton, Slavery, and the
Transformation of the Texas Borderlands, 1800-1850 (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2015).

The discipline of history itself is rooted in vast inequities, in privileging some forms of knowledge over others. This has changed over time, largely as the result of work by determined individuals and communities whose very voices had been marginalized or ignored. As a profession, we still have far more work to do. But we are also laboring in a moment in which ill- informed opinions and comfortable fictions are trumpeted as examples of serious academic inquiry and against this trend, we protest.
We stand in opposition to the uncritical reverence of historical figures who represent racist, colonialist, and sexist attitudes and policies of the past. We advocate for the careful and unflinching study of our shared history. But we also advocate a compassionate and nuanced approach in the present. We value the Aggie traditions of respect for all members of our communityon campus and beyond, integrity in our work and our livesas teachers, researchers, and mentors, and excellence in our approach to dealing with even the most troubling and traumatic histories our work uncovers.
We study history. We teach history. But we do not worship it. And we do not know how we will be judged by it in the future. But we do know that students, colleagues, and community members feel hurt, frustrated, humiliated, and silenced by the continued pride of place accorded the Ross statue and legacy by the Texas A&M University system.

Armando C. Alonzo
Terry H. Anderson
Troy O. Bickham
Carlos Kevin Blanton Cynthia A. Bouton Albert S. Broussard Jonathan Brunstedt Jonathan C. Coopersmith Olga Dror
April Lee Hatfield
Sonia Hernndez
Felipe Hinojosa
Angela Pulley Hudson Violet M. Showers Johnson Walter D. Kamphoefner Kim, Hoi-eun
Brian McAllister Linn Lawrence "Trent" MacNamara Sarah McNamara
Robert P. Resch
Stephen Badalyan Riegg
Brian Rouleau
Rebecca Hartkopf Schloss Daniel L. Schwartz
Anthony N. Stranges
David Vaught
Katherine Unterman
[Updated 6/15]”

'Knightly ' you say...

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Interesting tidbit I noticed about 12th Man.com website history of all-time results against Texas. They just start with the 1915 season (with a 13-0 victory over the Horns) but do not list the 19 times they played Texas prior to that. Of those “unlisted” games, Texas had a 15-4-2 record against aggy - playing them twice in a season several times.

*21 times

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Fucking hilarious. One of the rednecks is claiming he is calling adult protective services, asking an aggy football player be arrested for “abusing” an old aggy racist by talking too close to him. 

Any Aggie yelling 12 inches from a peaceful man's face and bowing up to him (perhaps in his 70s) is a 2%er and a coward. That thug could out run me and would have to but skinny twig best not try to get physical with most men under 60. 
I am going through legal avenues to have him properly charged and arrested. The good elderly peaceful Ag that he abused isn't the type to press charges but in cases of the abuse of children and the elderly the state can move forward with charges anyhow and it's all on video as the moronic abuser mentions at the end of the video. Should make the Stupid Criminals show.

Look at 0:17 

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1276708873475428352?://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1276708873475428352?

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/adult_protection/

(979) 220-8595

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121301/last#last

It's astounding to me how blatant the racism is here. Why do so many white men fantasize about beating up young black men? 

No other SEC teams are making fools of themselves like aggy.  Are aggy 98%ers that proud of their "gallant negro killer"?  When I was a kid I heard that there used to be a big Klan presence in Rockdale, Milano and Hearne, but danged if the Brazos Valley hasn't outklanned Mississippi and Jawja.  Turdition on Highway 6, Kow and Kream Klub.    

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121301

"Mond and those other football players tried to intimidate those former students who have given decades of loyalty and monetary donations to theTexas A&M Atheletic Department, just because those former students peacefully and silently stood up for their beliefs about Aggie tradition. Mond and those players owe all of those men and all of us other former students a sincere and heartfelt apology. These players are literally accusing us of things that are not true. Those in charge need to put a stop to mob rule."

58 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121301

"Mond and those other football players tried to intimidate those former students who have given decades of loyalty and monetary donations to theTexas A&M Atheletic Department, just because those former students peacefully and silently stood up for their beliefs about Aggie tradition. Mond and those players owe all of those men and all of us other former students a sincere and heartfelt apology. These players are literally accusing us of things that are not true. Those in charge need to put a stop to mob rule."

I scrolled down a bit on that thread and actually saw a refreshing number of responses that were atypical of what I'd expect from that shit-hole fan base. Still, fuck them. I hope Carrington and the rest of our recruiting staff are collecting all of this to use in recruiting.

Just now, C-Man said:

I scrolled down a bit on that thread and actually saw a refreshing number of responses that were atypical of what I'd expect from that shit-hole fan base. Still, fuck them. I hope Carrington and the rest of our recruiting staff are collecting all of this to use in recruiting.

aggy culture is why most 5 star recruits don't want to play there. 

More old ags over on texags talking about Mond: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3119839

He's an "Aggie" who uses his platform to bring negative attention to our university. An "Aggie" who has totally divided the fanbase and fractured player/fan relations. An "Aggie" who wants to change damn near everything about Texas A&M to fit the liberal agenda pushed by globalist deep state operatives.

Is he really an Aggie?

Screw 'em

He may be an Aggie but he's still a dingbat

Mond didn't just state an opinion. He made demands. He called many Aggies racists. He put other coaches and players in difficult situations. Some of his tweets and words are racist.

Also, we need to understand that just because you are an athlete going to school for free doesn't make your misguided opinions or demands carry any more weight than any other current or former student. If they want to have honest, factual conversations, more power to them. If they make demands, maybe they should just move on to a university that suits them better.

Wish he had gone pro so he could kneel with his buds, but he couldn't have made a team so I guess that wouldn't have worked.

Interesting.... https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121396

I believe the current students are killing the school. At least two students just got caught creating a fake hate crime and he/she is most likely gonna be praised for it before getting in trouble. Mond in his fourth year is suddenly offended by a statue. BLM is still marching chanting obscenities about cops after the school committed over 100 million to reform. The track team isn't winning anymore so they are bowing up to our ol'ags for attention. This will continue, and sadly get worse and worse. I am heart broken for the school. While I agree that everyone has the right to protest I do not think "everyone" means only one group. While my donation is not a lot compared to others, I can't contribute to an institution that's allowing and condoning these actions. We are seeing student athletes decide what news channels you can watch, what statues can be on campus, what you can and can't protest, what social media statements you can make, what your donations go too, and now they are literally bowing up to ole ags while getting their social media cronies to make up stories about them saying things to provoke it. I'd rather go 0-12 than pander any more to people that want to create more division. Inclusiveness by division, is just division.

P.S. If you see Brent Zwerenermans spine anywhere, please call 1-800-Pan-ders. His family is beginning to worry.

I'd love to see aggy lose every game too.

Notice how the discussion about adding a statue of Matthew Gaines, the actual individual who pushed through the legislation to found the school, has completely disappeared. 

What all this shows is just how sick aggy culture is. It lacks the mechanisms to be relevant to a shifting state population demographics. aggy culture, which we all know is enforced with intimidation, is not dynamic. It is sclerotic and doesn’t reflect the current racial composition of the student body. Many students today don’t want to celebrate a past built largely on racial and gender oppression. 

This will get much worse before it gets any better. If the statue comes down, aggy racial animosity will explode and it will make the national news. If the statue stays,  the academic legitimacy of A&M will take a very bad hit. I don’t see how any of this helps aggy with the legislature in what will be a very bad budget cycle. 

Sul Ross is going to be the man who costs Texas A&M dearly.

What the ags can’t grasp is that the anger and frustration being released has been building for generations. The change that is coming to A&M will not be of their choosing. Which is ok. They are incapable of changing from the inside, looking out, so.... 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

aggy culture is why most 5 star recruits don't want to play there. 

FedEx envelopes/ bags are the only rational reason I could see any player of talent giving them a look.   Never has made sense to me.

The racists have something of a point...Mond has been there 3 years, he just now noticed?

36 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Be nice if the $EC said no more games will be played  in gomersville until sully is removed.

Think bigger. Congressional action to terminate their status as a Senior Military College if the statue isn’t removed from public property. 

Essentially ask, “Pick one-fake military and closet racist, or disgraced fake military and outed racist?”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pancho said:

If you’re home bored due to corona, “Aggies” is trending in Texas on twitter and it’s gold. Pour you some drank and enjoy

Here is an A&M track athlete:

The worst mistake old men can make is to think they are still young. The old man in the maroon shirt figured it out pretty quick. But I'm trying to figure out if water bottle guy is scared or thinking that he wishes he could just open a can of whoop-ass and teach this group of 21 year old (in shape) athletes a lesson. Then I saw this quote on Texags. I don't know if it was in response to this altercation or not but it proves my first mistake theory: "And if we are keeping it real. If you want to try and intimidating to a bunch of old dudes who might whip your ass you better be tougher than 4 loss Texas Bowl MVP. "

7 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

The worst mistake old men can make is to think they are still young. The old man in the maroon shirt figured it out pretty quick. But I'm trying to figure out if water bottle guy is scared or thinking that he wishes he could just open a can of whoop-ass and teach this group of 21 year old (in shape) athletes a lesson. Then I saw this quote on Texags. I don't know if it was in response to this altercation or not but it proves my first mistake theory: "And if we are keeping it real. If you want to try and intimidating to a bunch of old dudes who might whip your ass you better be tougher than 4 loss Texas Bowl MVP. "

You never know, the guy who defended the sacred carpet of Pyle Field against the invading horde of SMU cheerleaders might show up. Then all hell may break loose 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

Sad state of affairs when a school located within our state borders make the rest of the SEC (including Miss schools) look progressive by comparison.

I was happy when they left the conference a decade ago, each passing year reinforces that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

The racists have something of a point...Mond has been there 3 years, he just now noticed?

No, that is a stupid point. Made by stupid people. 

As many people have already pointed out, these objections to the statue were made before to the highest levels of the administration. They were shot down because of tradition and a cherry picked historical narrative. It is not Monds duty to inspect the racial history of every statue on campus. He is just a student. Upon learning of the history, and really learning all the bad parts of it, yes, catalyzed by recent events in America, he is trying to enact meaningful change. And the idiots retort is “but but but you didn’t have a problem with the statue the past three years”. I’m sorry, but it is a stupid rebuttal and lacks understanding of pretty much every aspect of the situation. It is said by an idiot and repeated by other simpletons who think “yes, it is true, he didn’t protest the statue the first three years. That is a provable fact so my side has facts too.” It is stupid because it ignores the thousands of other facts that lead to the current situation. Such facts include, but are not limited to, Mond was just one student of 60K and not responsible for ensuring every statue on the campus wasn’t glorifying a losing war veteran that fought to enslave a race of people. As a student, Mond was not required to know the history of every statue on campus. Mond was not required to research what protestations had been made on behalf of black people at A&M. The recent surge of Black Lives Matter movement that has been going on for years, but recently gained worldwide attention because of the alleged murder of George Floyd. Context matters.  We should stop allowing stupidity to permeate unabated in our schools, our universities, our workplaces, and our message boards. We can do better. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Pancho said:

If you’re home bored due to corona, “Aggies” is trending in Texas on twitter and it’s gold. Pour you some drank and enjoy

Here is an A&M track athlete:

This is Aggie Lyin' Legend nirvana. Evil doers are threatening elderly Aggies. They better be careful or some young, tough Aggies may show up and beat the hell out of them!

The answers (some, even a few Aggies are on the right side of this) keep focusing on the threatening actions of the black athletes present. The shirtless athlete that stands up to one of the guys guarding the statue provides a perfect Rorschach for defining Aggies.

The "old man" is actually physically imposing. He stands with his hands crossed silently glaring at the crowd. The classless black athlete who is "threatening" simply removes his shirt and stands with his hands crossed silently staring at the "old man."

They become a mirror image of each other. Most Aggies see the younger man as a threatening, classless bully. The Old Ag is bravely risking himself to defend their traditions. It's necessarily, to fit Aggie fake history, a show down between good and evil.

Typically, the Aggies are not self-aware and irony deaf. Tearing down the statue should just be the beginning for that whole mess out there. Excise the Aggie traditions altogether and maybe save the mid-level diploma mill for students actually looking for education instead of indoctrination.

Edited by RomaVicta

6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

EbnWoFMWsAIJqw7.jpg

Zulu tribe, y'all 

I think I’ve seen it all from aggy and there they go, raising the bar again, hanging their red ass out the window even further. I’ll bet this guy also isn’t a racist because he had a black friend 20 years ago. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No, that is a stupid point. Made by stupid people. 

As many people have already pointed out, these objections to the statue were made before to the highest levels of the administration. They were shot down because of tradition and a cherry picked historical narrative. It is not Monds duty to inspect the racial history of every statue on campus. He is just a student. Upon learning of the history, and really learning all the bad parts of it, yes, catalyzed by recent events in America, he is trying to enact meaningful change. And the idiots retort is “but but but you didn’t have a problem with the statue the past three years”. I’m sorry, but it is a stupid rebuttal and lacks understanding of pretty much every aspect of the situation. It is said by an idiot and repeated by other simpletons who think “yes, it is true, he didn’t protest the statue the first three years. That is a provable fact so my side has facts too.” It is stupid because it ignores the thousands of other facts that lead to the current situation. Such facts include, but are not limited to, Mond was just one student of 60K and not responsible for ensuring every statue on the campus wasn’t glorifying a losing war veteran that fought to enslave a race of people. As a student, Mond was not required to know the history of every statue on campus. Mond was not required to research what protestations had been made on behalf of black people at A&M. The recent surge of Black Lives Matter movement that has been going on for years, but recently gained worldwide attention because of the alleged murder of George Floyd. Context matters.  We should stop allowing stupidity to permeate unabated in our schools, our universities, our workplaces, and our message boards. We can do better. 

Not the statue.

The racism in general.  Thanks for the sermon though...  in an aggy thread.   Now explain gravity to the class...

Edited by Iceman