Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

The funny part to me is, for as long as I can remember, aggy recruiting has made use of Texas "last all-white National Championship team" as a negative recruiting pitch. Everyone with a pulse and a junior high education was capable of seeing through that bullshit, but it worked just well enough for a number of players over the years to give them a shot in spite of their (ahem!) questionable race relations on that campus.

I'd say that whole approach to bullshitting in a recruit's family's living room has now been shot thoroughly to hell.

• Like 2

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So the negative recruited against UT by telling recruits we’ve won a national championship in recorded history.

At a time they did not have scholarship black football players (there first black football player on scholarship was in 1972).

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I’ll bet those sumbitches hate Sam Houston for refusing to take the oath to the Confederacy.

You're actually not wrong. Most of them aren't aware of it, but I have more than once commented on it to people who had Sam Houston State parking stickers (Sam is the go-to for classes they can't pass at Blinn) on the same beat up pickup as a Texas Secede bumpersticker. "Dude, Sam Houston would have kicked your ass up one side and down the other for that." "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Well I guess Dumbo will find a way to get below the 85 player limit by starting with Mond and a few others?

He'd probably get an extension if he did. In fact, it would be brilliant if he actually wants to coach there forever.

He'd establish himself as a great Ag who cared more for the beloved university than winning a simple football game.

He'd provide the Aggies with an excuse for losing that would last years: We'd be the best if we had been willing to give up our integrity and our traditions!

I also wonder how the Aggies will portray this in 20 years.

Back in 20, a bunch of 2 percenters led by outside agitators from that school in Austin gathered in hundreds to attack a group of Old Ags defending the honor of Sully and a couple of white women beside the sacred statue.

The battle raged for hours. Many good Ags died but were fearless on every front. At last, the thugs retreated.

A call went around the state for Ags to muster in College Station. We played Silver Taps and loaded artillery and cruise missiles on railroad flat cars to bombard the Fourth Ward in Houston. We'd have done it, too, but the Texas Rangers stopped us just in time!

We awarded ourselves three more football national championships to commemorate the battle.

WHOOP! Caneck!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Somebody should tell ceh54 that the Zulus kicked the British army's ass at the Battle of Isandlwana

Just when I think they can't say anything any stupider. I kept looking for something to indicate it was said with sarcasm but I can't find it.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121428

"I'm all in favor of returning to a losing tradition with all white athletes or with Blacks who "know their place." But it's probably better not to say that or allude to it out loud...sounds racist."

15 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Just when I think they can't say anything any stupider. I kept looking for something to indicate it was said with sarcasm but I can't find it.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3121428

"I'm all in favor of returning to a losing tradition with all white athletes or with Blacks who "know their place." But it's probably better not to say that or allude to it out loud...sounds racist."

I can’t “like” that post. Disgusting. 

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

In their minds, it’s because they make money for the school by playing sports. In reality, they are replaceable as hell. Just like all of the rest. Most schools lose their ass carrying sports though.

I'm with you, but it looked like Gringo was agreeing with them.

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

EbnWoFMWsAIJqw7.jpg

Zulu tribe, y'all 

Holy shit. The stupidity is breathtaking. 

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

From the r/aggies subreddit today:

105455656_10118222979639604_6741848270868138666_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=IviQHlRRdxkAX-m_ePv&_nc_ht=scontent.fiad1-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=5bea7a4476ca4d5e5e1377e924dc807f&oe=5F1EC487 

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I would have taken issue with this rant back in 198(something).. 

Wow, just wow. 

That fits with what I was thinking. How incestuous and conformist does your crowd have to be that a person can write the above and not even think to rethink it? This idiocy was presented as wit, and nobody he hangs around with challenges it. 

This is the very reason that traditions and icons need to be challenged from time to time rather than blindly revered. This is the danger of constant self-congratulation. This is aggy.

Reading up on ole Sully and I learned that we had ‘Jaybird-Woodpecker War’ back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaybird%E2%80%93Woodpecker_War

The Jaybird–Woodpecker War (1888–89) was a feud between two United States Democratic Party factions fighting for political control of Fort Bend County, Texas, in the southeast part of the state.[1][2][3] The Jaybird Bird Democratic Association was an all-white political organization formed in 1887 by young men to challenge and regain control of the county government from the biracial coalition of former white and black Republicans who had dominated the county Democratic party and county government since 1869.[4][5] Murders and political assassinations were committed against persons in each faction in 1888 and 1889.[6][7]

We need a Texas history thread.

Reading up on ole Sully and I learned that we had ‘Jaybird-Woodpecker War’ back in the day.

The Jaybird–Woodpecker War (1888–89) was a feud between two United States Democratic Party factions fighting for political control of Fort Bend County, Texas, in the southeast part of the state.[1][2][3] The Jaybird Bird Democratic Association was an all-white political organization formed in 1887 by young men to challenge and regain control of the county government from the biracial coalition of former white and black Republicans who had dominated the county Democratic party and county government since 1869.[4][5] Murders and political assassinations were committed against persons in each faction in 1888 and 1889.[6][7]

Guess Sharps "historians on both sides" dont have access to wiki..

They couldnt find a single racist bone in ole Sully's body.

13 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Anybody want to guess the mascot of  Needville HS (Ft Bend County)?

• Like 3

And all the aggys "threatening" to pull donations if their shrine to their "gallant negro killer" is removed, in the 2019 calendar year, the aggy 12th Man foundation had 19,159 active members. 9,705 were season ticket holders.

500,000 living alumni. 19,150 12th Man Foundation members. A whopping 534 of the 500,000 aggy alumni give "above and beyond' to the 12th Man Foundation.

What constitutes a gift that, in aggy terms, rises to "MVP" level? $750 and above. 1/10 of 1% of all aggy alumni donate $750 or above to the 12th Man Foundation.

Most aggys do not give to their school.

aggy foundation season tickets.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

6 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I've just now become convinced that this is real.  I have no idea what he was doing in Lubbock

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and his playing partner Winn Galyean picked up a first place result this weekend in the 1st Flight group of the 2020 Hillcrest Swinger here in Lubbock. <a href="https://t.co/e5Q5QH8kSi">pic.twitter.com/e5Q5QH8kSi</a></p>&mdash; Eric Kelly (@EricKellyTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricKellyTV/status/1277390187191046146?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll take a wild guess that he was playing golf 

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'll take a wild guess that he was playing golf 

But I've been operating under the assumption that he was in Lubbock for some unknown reason and just happened upon the tournament, entered with a guy that lost his partner to the Covid, and won with some rented clubs

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Oh shit, I thought you were being funny.

I’m sure that’s no accident. Just homage to the good ole days.

The Jay diner across the street from the school is legit tho, the chicken fried steak is pretty damn good. And lots of slightly pudgy cute waitresses that are about 5 years from disaster. 

• Like 1

I understand aggys have a tough time dealing with how others view their cultural racism. Maybe if aggys started by looking at how they have changed since the last time they supposedly tried to deal with their racist past, the intransigent aggys would begin to see part of the problem. Which is their systemic cultural racism.

It is time for new leadership at Texas A&M to start instituting change. The old "leadership" has had enough time, and failed to do the job.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy turning the page.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:02 PM, Handcruser said:

Wait, this is a real person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol, I've had that question swirling in my mind since it was first posted.  He looks so bizzare I didn't dare ask.  So what is that studly athletes name?

20 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

And all the aggys "threatening" to pull donations if their shrine to their "gallant negro killer" is removed, in the 2019 calendar year, the aggy 12th Man foundation had 19,159 active members. 9,705 were season ticket holders.

500,000 living alumni. 19,150 12th Man Foundation members. A whopping 534 of the 500,000 aggy alumni give "above and beyond' to the 12th Man Foundation.

What constitutes a gift that, in aggy terms, rises to "MVP" level? $750 and above. 1/10 of 1% of all aggy alumni donate $750 or above to the 12th Man Foundation.

Most aggys do not give to their school.

aggy foundation season tickets.jpeg

So...what you're saying is...."Got change for a $20"?

On 6/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, Orange&White said:

Make no mistake about it; the first bad game Kellen Mond has, he will be booed in the stadium and ridiculed on the message boards. And if they do it enough, he will quit and some of his team mates will go with him.

If there is a season, and that's a big if, count on Mond being "accidentally" injured in practice and not seeing a game this year.