• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Sorry for the longcat, I suck but more hilarity from secrant.

: Texas Aggy fans hurling racist abuse towards student athletesPosted by PeeJayScammedGT iconGATech.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:09 am to texag7
quote:
According to the comments from a black professor he said “Blaggie”

In 2020 with everything going on since Trumpf got elected (Charlottesville etc), that guy had to know that saying "blaggie" was too close to THE LINE and crossing into a grey area of racism where you do not want to be

Blaggie doesn't sound like something you'd ever want to say in public, much less to a Black person's face
Posted by texag7 iconUSA.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:20 am to Captain Crown
quote:
And I am asking you if you still think that "Blaggie" is ok.

I never thought it was ok.

Do you think lsu tigers being named after a Confederate regiment is ok?
Posted by TigahJay iconMaryland.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:27 am to texag7
quote:
texag7

Are you the guy who called Texas recruits the N word on Twitter? My memory is hazy this morning.
Posted by PeeJayScammedGT iconGATech.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:29 am to texag7
quote:

Really?

The phonetic sound of the word TIGERS elicits a much different response from Blacks or anyone else for that matter than the phonetic sound of the word Blaggie
Posted by Captain Crown iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:34 am to texag7
quote:

That was all I was asking.

quote:

I prefer Swamp Kittens personally. Also nice way to deflect from an Old Ag calling someone a "Blackie or Blaggie" Iconcheers.gif
Posted by texag7 iconUSA.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:38 am to Captain Crown
quote:
Also nice way to deflect from an Old Ag calling someone a "Blackie or Blaggie"

I corrected your questioned for you and then answered it.

You won’t answer mine because...well we already know what you think
Posted by Bigbearchaseme iconOlemiss.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:46 am to texag7
Post less.
Posted by Errerrerrwere iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:46 am to texag7
quote:
well we already know what you think

You’re a racist that can’t find a job?
Posted by Captain Crown iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:51 am to texag7
I am all for switching the name the "Bayou Bengals". But I'm sure someone would be upset about that as well.
Posted by lucki98 iconLSU.gif online on 6/30/20 at 10:03 am to p&g
Well how about stop hiding behind a monitor and you confront him?
Posted by p&g iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:11 am to lucki98
Ok nerd

I’ll drive all the way to college station to confront a dude who’s prob not there anymore over a statute I do t even care about.

Are you this fricking stupid on purpose?
Posted by i am dan iconAuburn.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:11 am to scionofadrunk
quote:
Here come the excuses from the board racists for that old fart's slur

Answer me this.. I see the word "whitey" everywhere these days and never a word is said. I've seen "KILL WHITEY" many times as well.

Is that okay with you? THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME THING just to let you know, well, except the "KILL WHITEY" part.. that's a little different.

But that's quite okay with everyone for some idiotic reason.
This post was edited on 6/30 at 10:14 am
Posted by p&g iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:17 am to i am dan
Of course it ok to these mentally deranged people.

Double standard is a concept they just don’t understand nor care to acknowledge.

frick em all I say.
Posted by scionofadrunk iconTennessee.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:30 am to PeeJayScammedGT
quote:
PeeJayScammedGT

Are you dumb? I was defending you.
Posted by atrueamerican iconBostonCollege.gif on 6/30/20 at 11:06 am to sand mountainDvalues
we’ll never move on as a society with people like that still around. it is a shame.

makes sense when you look at the school associated in this incident though. a bumpkin farm school.
This post was edited on 6/30 at 11:10 am
Posted by AgSGT iconTexasAM.gif on 6/30/20 at 11:18 am to Captain Crown
I think folks don't quite understand what the word racist means. It requires intent to belittle someone for no other reason than skin color. Do I think the old man said something that could be construed as racially insensitive, absolutely, but I am almost certain his intent was not to denigrate someone based on skin color. This goes far beyond what is happening at A&M, this entire country needs to relearn what the actual term racism or racist means because right now we've bastardized the word and in all honesty it has lost a lot of its power. A statue is not racist unless the intent of it's construction was to demean others because of skin color. Offense does not equal racism without intent
This post was edited on 6/30 at 

I wonder if we could get CDC to suspend all athletic competition with Texas A&M as long as they maintain their campus shrine to their "Gallant Negro Killer®*"

*"Gallant Negro Killer®" is a registered trademark of Bestest Fans In All Of Sports, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Texas A&M University.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

Plus you know those cute little white girls from Colleyville or Centerville or Madisonville are just ready to rebel against daddy. 

You'd think this, but from the sounds of it, it would be a quick way to be immediately ostracized from the entire campus.  

46 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I wonder if we could get CDC to suspend all athletic competition with Texas A&M as long as they maintain their campus shrine to their "Gallant Negro Killer®*"

*"Gallant Negro Killer®" is a registered trademark of Bestest Fans In All Of Sports, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Texas A&M University.

No, it would just give them a new talking point that we're looking for excuses not to play them because "tu's skeered".

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

I didn't mean that it did but I probably was clumsy in my post. I *think* he thinks he's making a salient point. In his brilliant mind, he thinks he's being progressive to say there are no white aggys, or black aggys, just aggys. He's too ignorant, too backward and probably (at least) a little racist in asking his question that way. I mean "blaggie" rolled right off his tongue like he's been using it quite often. It's way the fuck out of bounds but I guarantee he doesn't think so at all.

This, and it also reveals his ignorance of modern America if he thinks a white person can approach a black person protesting and say something along the lines of "can't we all just get along?" and expect it to be well received. 

11 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

And it's been answered: Fed Ex and cash.

to which, you can kind of understand why Mr. Leroy and company are so peeved-- how dare these employees criticize the company? y'all boys is PAID to be heah, Highway 6 runs both ways, y'all can git out, Jimbo will replace you

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

to which, you can kind of understand why Mr. Leroy and company are so peeved-- how dare these employees criticize the company? y'all boys is PAID to be heah, Highway 6 runs both ways, y'all can git out, Jimbo will replace you

You captured the mentality perfectly, all the way down to the accent. 

6 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

You captured the mentality perfectly, all the way down to the accent. 

Almost...

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

y'all boys  blaggies is PAID to be heah, Highway 6 runs both ways, y'all can git out, Jimbo will replace you

There.  That should do it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

t1rLIar.gif

58 minutes ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I knew aggy was racist, but god damn! So glad we don't play them anymore. Fuck that entire institution that they call a school.

Note that the airport named after your avatar in California is about to be renamed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I knew aggy was racist, but god damn! So glad we don't play them anymore. Fuck that entire institution that they call a school.

never happen but it would be amusing to see someone in our hierarchy respond to one of those clickbait "when are A&M and Texas going to play again???" questions by saying "the values of Texas A&M preclude us from scheduling them". 

We're not run by John Sharp so it will never happen and I'm not advocating for it, but it would be fucking funny. 

Here is the link to the Sweatt Family Amicus Brief - Fisher (II).

It is well worth reading. It should be required reading for every high school senior in Texas.

When one reads a high-level explanation of the social need for diversity in the classroom, it makes it even harder to comprehend how a major public university anywhere in the United States would be allowed to maintain a shrine to their school's "Gallant Negro Killer."

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://www.civilrightsproject.ucla.edu/legal-developments/legal-briefs/brief-of-the-sweatt-family-in-fisher-v.-university-of-texas/sweatt-family-amicus-brief-2012.pdf

20 hours ago, jinx said:

He was defending the temporary aggy sacred land in Lubbock just like they defend their sacred grass and sacred statues.

And he was the casualty of another aggy swinging binoculars like a bolo...

I didn't mean that it did but I probably was clumsy in my post. I *think* he thinks he's making a salient point. In his brilliant mind, he thinks he's being progressive to say there are no white aggys, or black aggys, just aggys. He's too ignorant, too backward and probably (at least) a little racist in asking his question that way. I mean "blaggie" rolled right off his tongue like he's been using it quite often. It's way the fuck out of bounds but I guarantee he doesn't think so at all.
Sounds kind of like when someone asks "Are you American or African-American?"

Stumbled across a documentary about the bonfire collapse on Prime Now today. Disgusting how they refuse to accept any responsibility for the incident. We get a rehash of how twelve dying was an indicator of aggy magic number and the fairy tail of E. King Gill.

19 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Sorry for the longcat, I suck but more hilarity from secrant.

: Texas Aggy fans hurling racist abuse towards student athletesPosted by PeeJayScammedGT iconGATech.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:09 am to texag7
quote:
According to the comments from a black professor he said “Blaggie”

In 2020 with everything going on since Trumpf got elected (Charlottesville etc), that guy had to know that saying "blaggie" was too close to THE LINE and crossing into a grey area of racism where you do not want to be

Blaggie doesn't sound like something you'd ever want to say in public, much less to a Black person's face
Posted by texag7 iconUSA.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:20 am to Captain Crown
quote:
And I am asking you if you still think that "Blaggie" is ok.

Posted by TigahJay iconMaryland.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:27 am to texag7
quote:
texag7

Are you the guy who called Texas recruits the N word on Twitter? My memory is hazy this morning.
Posted by PeeJayScammedGT iconGATech.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:29 am to texag7
quote:

Really?

The phonetic sound of the word TIGERS elicits a much different response from Blacks or anyone else for that matter than the phonetic sound of the word Blaggie
Posted by Captain Crown iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:34 am to texag7
quote:

That was all I was asking.

quote:

I prefer Swamp Kittens personally. Also nice way to deflect from an Old Ag calling someone a "Blackie or Blaggie" Iconcheers.gif
Posted by texag7 iconUSA.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:38 am to Captain Crown
quote:
Also nice way to deflect from an Old Ag calling someone a "Blackie or Blaggie"

I corrected your questioned for you and then answered it.

You won’t answer mine because...well we already know what you think
Posted by Bigbearchaseme iconOlemiss.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:46 am to texag7
Post less.
Posted by Errerrerrwere iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:46 am to texag7
quote:
well we already know what you think

You’re a racist that can’t find a job?
Posted by Captain Crown iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 9:51 am to texag7
I am all for switching the name the "Bayou Bengals". But I'm sure someone would be upset about that as well.
Posted by lucki98 iconLSU.gif online on 6/30/20 at 10:03 am to p&g
Well how about stop hiding behind a monitor and you confront him?
Posted by p&g iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:11 am to lucki98
Ok nerd

I’ll drive all the way to college station to confront a dude who’s prob not there anymore over a statute I do t even care about.

Are you this fricking stupid on purpose?
Posted by i am dan iconAuburn.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:11 am to scionofadrunk
quote:
Here come the excuses from the board racists for that old fart's slur

Answer me this.. I see the word "whitey" everywhere these days and never a word is said. I've seen "KILL WHITEY" many times as well.

Is that okay with you? THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME THING just to let you know, well, except the "KILL WHITEY" part.. that's a little different.

But that's quite okay with everyone for some idiotic reason.
This post was edited on 6/30 at 10:14 am
Posted by p&g iconLSU.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:17 am to i am dan
Of course it ok to these mentally deranged people.

Double standard is a concept they just don’t understand nor care to acknowledge.

frick em all I say.
Posted by scionofadrunk iconTennessee.gif on 6/30/20 at 10:30 am to PeeJayScammedGT
quote:
PeeJayScammedGT

Are you dumb? I was defending you.
Posted by atrueamerican iconBostonCollege.gif on 6/30/20 at 11:06 am to sand mountainDvalues
we’ll never move on as a society with people like that still around. it is a shame.

makes sense when you look at the school associated in this incident though. a bumpkin farm school.
This post was edited on 6/30 at 11:10 am
Posted by AgSGT iconTexasAM.gif on 6/30/20 at 11:18 am to Captain Crown
I think folks don't quite understand what the word racist means. It requires intent to belittle someone for no other reason than skin color. Do I think the old man said something that could be construed as racially insensitive, absolutely, but I am almost certain his intent was not to denigrate someone based on skin color. This goes far beyond what is happening at A&M, this entire country needs to relearn what the actual term racism or racist means because right now we've bastardized the word and in all honesty it has lost a lot of its power. A statue is not racist unless the intent of it's construction was to demean others because of skin color. Offense does not equal racism without intent
This post was edited on 6/30 at 

Try and guess which one of those is me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Try and guess which one of those is me.

I think I just found one of your posts. At least I hope I did.

The slaves that came to America were slaves in their originating country before they came here. We didn't conquer otherwise "free" men and women and force them into slavery. For the record, that includes many white slaves. I'm not defending anything, but if I had a choice between being a slave in country xxx or being a slave in America, it is clear the better choice was to be a slave in America (now that history has played out). Certainly the first direct generation afterwards (and I would argue all the others) were better off for coming to America. Again, I'm in no way defending slavery, It was wrong and evil, I'm simply comparing slavery in America versus other countries. Ideally, anyone buying slaves at that time would have immediately freed them upon boarding the ship to America, but that didn't happen.

Here is another winner, but from SECRant on a thread talking about the aggy campus racist shrine.

I am not totally opposed to diversity. Personally, I love ethnic food, but don't see why we need a majority non white nation to have loots of ethnic food here. But still, I am open to learning. What are the benefits? Are they worth the hit on social trust and national unity?

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/texas-aggy-fans-hurling-racist-abuse-towards-student-athletes/90707137/page-7/