4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

Total

41-35 vs P5 (53.94%)

34-30 vs SEC (53.13%)

Average SECW rank - 4th

Truly among the best.

• Like 6

I don’t know, but you have reminded me: we need to work harder at destroying that racist piece of shit Daniel Joseph Figurelli. 

Are you implying that THE Daniel Joseph Figurelli, formerly of Price Waterhouse and Coopers, is a racist??! I cannot believe that Price Waterhouse and Coopers would be caught associating with a known and admitted racist like Daniel Joseph Figurelli. Thank goodness that Price Waterhouse and Coopers came to their good senses and immediately cut all ties with rabid fascist and racist Joseph Daniel Figurelli.

Isn’t Daniel Joseph Figurelli also a huge @texags @tamu aggie fan?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Modessit said:

Here's in the SEC

7-2 vs P5

6-2 vs SEC

3rd in SECW

5-4 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

4-5 vs P5

3-5 vs SEC

6th in SECW

5-4 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

Lost to G5 in bowl game

5-5 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

4-6 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

5th in SECW

6-4 vs P5

5-3 vs SEC

2nd in SECW

5-5 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

Total

41-35 vs P5 (53.94%)

34-30 vs SEC (53.13%)

Average SECW rank - 4th

Truly among the best.

So their best finish was with B12 type of players?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

IIRC, aggy has a conference winning percentage around 50-57% in every conference in which they have played.  For simpletons: it don't matta da confrence, da aggy just da same.

Count on it...aggy always be aggy.  It doesn't matter what conference, what coach, what era, or what generation.  They are the model of consistency.

16 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

IIRC, aggy has a conference winning percentage around 50-57% in every conference in which they have played.  For simpletons: it don't matta da confrence, da aggy just da same.

QFT

Middle. Of. The. Road.

7 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Btw - if you want to know their non-P5 records for both:

Big12 - 41-4 (91.11%)
5-0 vs FCS

SEC - 27-1 (96.43%)
8-0 vs FCS

Now there’s some Big Boy football!

Too bad those facts do not get posted on the SEC rant forum.

Edited by Armybrat

Stackin' em deep and sellin' em cheap...

Saturday
Sep. 5
Abilene Christian Football Schedule Abilene Christian WildcatsKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 4
Kent State Football Schedule Kent State Golden FlashesKyle Field, College Station, TX
Saturday
Nov. 20
Prairie View A&M Football Schedule Prairie View A&M PanthersKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 3
Sam Houston State Football Schedule Sam Houston State BearkatsKyle Field, College Station, TX  

Saturday
Sep. 10
Appalachian State Football Schedule Appalachian State MountaineersKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 19
UMass Football Schedule UMass MinutemenKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 16
ULM Warhawks Football Schedule ULM WarhawksKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 18
Abilene Christian Football Schedule Abilene Christian WildcatsKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 7
McNeese Football Schedule McNeese CowboysKyle Field, College Station, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Sep. 21
Bowling Green Football Schedule Bowling Green FalconsKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 22
Tarleton State Texans Football Schedule Tarleton State TexansKyle Field, College Station, TX  

11 hours ago, Modessit said:

Here's in the SEC

7-2 vs P5

6-2 vs SEC

3rd in SECW

5-4 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

4-5 vs P5

3-5 vs SEC

6th in SECW

5-4 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

Lost to G5 in bowl game

5-5 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

4-6 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

5th in SECW

6-4 vs P5

5-3 vs SEC

2nd in SECW

5-5 vs P5

4-4 vs SEC

4th in SECW

Total

41-35 vs P5 (53.94%)

34-30 vs SEC (53.13%)

Average SECW rank - 4th

Truly among the best.

Lol so if you remove their 2012 season in which a team of big 12 players had a good run and their qb won a heisman, they are exactly .500 in conference play and 1 game over .500 vs P5 from 2013-2019.  If that makes them one of the best in the conference over that time, then maybe the conference isn’t so great.

14 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Stackin' em deep and sellin' em cheap...

Saturday
Sep. 5

Saturday
Sep. 4
Kent State Football Schedule Kent State Golden FlashesKyle Field, College Station, TX
Saturday
Nov. 20
Prairie View A&M Football Schedule Prairie View A&M PanthersKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 3
Sam Houston State Football Schedule Sam Houston State BearkatsKyle Field, College Station, TX  

Saturday
Sep. 10
Appalachian State Football Schedule Appalachian State MountaineersKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 19
UMass Football Schedule UMass MinutemenKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Sep. 16
ULM Warhawks Football Schedule ULM WarhawksKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 18

Saturday
Sep. 7
McNeese Football Schedule McNeese CowboysKyle Field, College Station, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Sep. 21
Bowling Green Football Schedule Bowling Green FalconsKyle Field, College Station, TX

Saturday
Nov. 22
Tarleton State Texans Football Schedule Tarleton State TexansKyle Field, College Station, TX  

App State will beat them.  They have a nice program.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Tarleton State has a football team? Huh. I had no idea.

Yes they were in D2 forever. This coming season will be their first season in D1 as an independent member. They were a Lone Star Conference rival of my school, A&M-Commerce/East Texas State.

Honestly, I hated them. Tarleton State fans are just as bad as aggy. Good riddance. I for one won't miss them. Can't wait to see them lose most if not every game this season.

• Like 4

• The Texas A&M football program violated NCAA recruiting and countable athletically related activity rules between January 2018 and February 2019, according to an agreement released by the Division I Committee on Infractions. The head football coach also violated NCAA head coach responsibility rules.

The university, head coach and NCAA enforcement staff agreed that the head coach and an assistant coach had impermissible recruiting contact with a prospect at his high school. The conversation was impermissible because it occurred before the completion of the prospect’s junior year in high school.

Regarding the countable athletically related activity violations, during permissible weeks of spring and summer activity, the football program unintentionally caused student-athletes to exceed activity time limits by approximately seven hours.

According to the agreement, the head coach failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance because of his personal involvement in the recruiting violation. The agreement also said the head coach failed to monitor his staff when he did not ensure the program was staying within the allowable number of countable athletically related activity hours.

The university, head coach and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved penalty guidelines for Level II-mitigated penalties agreed upon for the university and assistant coach and Level II-standard penalties for the head coach. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below:

• One years of probation.
  • A fine of $5,000.
  • A reduction in football official visits by 17 days during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • An off-campus recruiting ban for the entire football coaching staff for November 2019, which reduced the permissible evaluation days for the 2019-20 academic year by 19.
  • A seven-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 spring off-campus recruiting period and a 10-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 fall off-campus recruiting period.
  • The university ended its recruitment of the prospect.
  • A ban on recruiting any prospects from the prospect's high school for the 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-222 academic years.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the head coach. The terms of the show-cause order include a previously served nine-day ban on phone calls, emails or texts with prospects in January 2020; a reduction in off-campus recruiting contact days by three for the December 2019 through January 2020 contact period; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period; additional one-on-one rules education; and a public statement from the head coach addressing the violations.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the assistant coach. The terms of the show-cause order include a previously served nine-day ban on phone calls, emails or texts with prospects in January 2020; a reduction in off-campus recruiting contact days by three for the December 2019 through January 2020 contact period; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period; and additional one-on-one rules education.

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
  • The Texas A&M football program violated NCAA recruiting and countable athletically related activity rules between January 2018 and February 2019, according to an agreement released by the Division I Committee on Infractions. The head football coach also violated NCAA head coach responsibility rules.

The university, head coach and NCAA enforcement staff agreed that the head coach and an assistant coach had impermissible recruiting contact with a prospect at his high school. The conversation was impermissible because it occurred before the completion of the prospect’s junior year in high school.

Regarding the countable athletically related activity violations, during permissible weeks of spring and summer activity, the football program unintentionally caused student-athletes to exceed activity time limits by approximately seven hours.

According to the agreement, the head coach failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance because of his personal involvement in the recruiting violation. The agreement also said the head coach failed to monitor his staff when he did not ensure the program was staying within the allowable number of countable athletically related activity hours.

The university, head coach and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved penalty guidelines for Level II-mitigated penalties agreed upon for the university and assistant coach and Level II-standard penalties for the head coach. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below:

• One years of probation.
  • A fine of $5,000.
  • A reduction in football official visits by 17 days during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • An off-campus recruiting ban for the entire football coaching staff for November 2019, which reduced the permissible evaluation days for the 2019-20 academic year by 19.
  • A seven-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 spring off-campus recruiting period and a 10-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 fall off-campus recruiting period.
  • The university ended its recruitment of the prospect.
  • A ban on recruiting any prospects from the prospect's high school for the 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-222 academic years.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the head coach. The terms of the show-cause order include a previously served nine-day ban on phone calls, emails or texts with prospects in January 2020; a reduction in off-campus recruiting contact days by three for the December 2019 through January 2020 contact period; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period; additional one-on-one rules education; and a public statement from the head coach addressing the violations.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the assistant coach. The terms of the show-cause order include a previously served nine-day ban on phone calls, emails or texts with prospects in January 2020; a reduction in off-campus recruiting contact days by three for the December 2019 through January 2020 contact period; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period; and additional one-on-one rules education.

Jimbo promise.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You would think that one of the best teams in the SEC would have a winning record against P5 competition on their home field.  Aggy doesn't during their time in the SEC.  However, there are six other teams that have winning records against P5 competition in Kyle field during aggy's time in the SEC.

Actually that pisses me off. It wouldn't shock me if Texas got pinched for the same thing, the way Michigan got pinched in 2008 (?) for incidental overages in the number of supervised workouts they did in the offseason or some parking-ticket level shit like that. 

A&M's over here fucking buying players, and they get a wrist slap for "just a little too much recruiting!"  

Edited by SwanderedTalent

30 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Yes they were in D2 forever. This coming season will be their first season in D1 as an independent member. They were a Lone Star Conference rival of my school, A&M-Commerce/East Texas State.

Honestly, I hated them. Tarleton State fans are just as bad as aggy. Good riddance. I for one won't miss them. Can't wait to see them lose most if not every game this season.

When I got to Austin it was amazing to me that there could be more than two nightlife options on a weekend night.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Unfortunately it's a slap on the wrist, especially since no one's doing in-person recruiting anyway. The $5,000 fine is a joke and the rest isn't much.

Its a black eye and its aggy just point and laugh

7 minutes ago, Tigersnake said:

When I got to Austin it was amazing to me that there could be more than two nightlife options on a weekend night.

Yep, in Stephenville it was only Bostock's or The Dodge House. Now, I think it is up to six options.

CHIEF

Fuck aggy, but fuck the ncaa more. This one makes no sense.

Yeah, it's aggy, but if a player from that school has had a lifelong dream of being aggy, or would decide aggy is right for him after meeting with them for whatever reason, but now that's completely off the table? How the fuck does this one have anything to do with punishing aggy? It seems more of a punishment of players at that high school by limiting their opportunities for recruitment.

A ban on recruiting any prospects from the prospect's high school for the 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-222 academic years.

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Count on it...aggy always be aggy.  It doesn't matter what conference, what coach, what era, or what generation.  They are the model of consistency.

Now, every 3-4 years they will upset a team, hang their hat on it,  push out their chest, and tell everybody they are a top 10 team and the sky is the limit.

Aggies do not lie or cheat or steal..... 

Sorry Jimbo.  It's been a good run, but that institutions integrity is not placed ahead of wins. I suppose they wait until early next week to terminate him? 

Edited by deech
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 'stache said:

How the fuck does this one have anything to do with punishing aggy?

A&M is now temporarily prohibited from recruiting players from a high school they've targeted in the past? 

A&M now can't leverage whatever advantage the NCAA thinks the rule-breaking gave A&M at that school?

I feel like some of you look at this stuff and just say "OH IF THE NCAA SAYS IT THEN FUCK WHATEVER IT SAYS". I'm not arguing pro or con on the item, but it's not at all difficult to see why the NCAA would think this punishes A&M. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent