• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

50 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

What values?  They talk about all these self righteous values and never follow them.  They cheat and cheat and cheat.  

Hey man it was an honest mistake.  How is the full time well experienced, head coach of a well funded football team with many assistants and staffers supposed to know when they can and cannot contact a recruit? 

Or are you talking about the bags of cash?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Hey man it was an honest mistake.  How is the full time well experienced, head coach of a well funded football team with many assistants and staffers supposed to know when they can and cannot contact a recruit? 

Or are you talking about the bags of cash?

I thought it was funny that “jumbo” called one of the violations unintentional.  Freudian slip?

If I wrote for The Onion:

In response to yet another round of protests focused on the virulent racism that has longed defined the campus of Texas A&M University, TAMU System Chancellor John Sharp has announced the following:

"Over the July 4 holiday, I met with a number of TAMU alumni, including (former Texas Governor and TAMU alumnus) Rick Perry to discuss the demand the university develop a plan to modernize some of our sacred Jim Crow-era traditions. We met at Gov Perry's hunting camp for what we have been referring to as "The Niggerhead Summit."

To demonstrate how sensitive we are to the issue, we are suggesting the statue of Sul Ross remain, with changes to its inscription. Additionally, a statue of Matthew Gaines will be added to the campus in a place to be decided later by those who attended the summit.

In recognition and acceptance of Gov Ross' controversial actions during the Civil War, the inscription on the Ross statue will be changed to include the phrase "Gallant Negro Killer."

The inscription on the statue of Matthew Gaines will read "Gallant Negro.""

Edited by Randolph Duke

On 7/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, Boogaloo said:

Damn  , I dared scroll through a bit of that QAnon thread on TexAgs, as mentioned people thinking something is up cause the Airforce flew over their house and this totally sane gem about the reptilians

Ok so just cogitating on this a little. So what if extraterrestrial beings/reptilians were actually children of the sons of God and daughters of men referenced in Genesis 6:1-4? Are the extraterrestrial beings actually demons/fallen angels? Satan is often referenced to as the serpent, hence the Vatican/Satanist meme in the article above. Q saying this is going to be biblical. Just hope Jimbo brings us home a natty before its all over. 

image.jpeg.da15ef524a588eb55310ec995fd82816.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, atomheartbevo said:

The fact that Qanon was started as a prank on 4chan, and that a large number of aggy on TexAgs, not to mention other SEC forums, bought into it, speaks volumes about their culture and the state of their education.   Who the hell buys into pranks coming out of 4chan?  SECSECSEC, that's who.

I'm actually surprised that Luigi allows the 4chan stuff on TexAgs, given how embarrassing it is to most educated adults.   Billy Liucci has allowed that thread to grow to 872 fucking pages.  And people are in it bitching about military aircraft flying over their houses.

Then again, it fits with their mentality.  It's a race to see which will happen first - an aggy football championship when Hitler wasn't in power, or a major qanon prediction coming true.

spacer.png

omg i got sucked into that rabbit hole for the past hour. what a bunch of fucking loons 😳

On 7/3/2020 at 7:51 AM, Randolph Duke said:

From the linked article, for those having trouble believing the debt numbers I have been posting for years. Yes, Texas A&M has had the highest debt service of any college athletics program in the nation due to all the debt they took on for their Kyle Field project. aggy athletics debt is of 200% of gross revenue. UT Austin total debt is less than 100% of gross revenue.

The aggy debt numbers do not include the repayment of the debt they owe the academic side, etc. Notice UT Austin doesn't even make the top 15. Also, the SEZ project was funded with contributions, not debt, so while there is some change in these numbers (refinancings, repayments, etc) they haven't changed much in the few months since these numbers were reported. Revenue and expense numbers are for the FY ending Aug 31, 2019 and can be found here: https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

2018 college football debt.jpeg

DOE data Aug 31 2019.jpeg

RD, what’s the latest on cash reserves for both aggy & UT?

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

RD, what’s the latest on cash reserves for both aggy & UT?

A&M athletics doesn’t have a cash reserve, which is why they had to “borrow” from the academic side in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2012 to balance their books. If the had any cash reserve they would have paid back those loans from their reserve. UT Austin keeps around $50 mil in its athletics reserve. Not sure where that is at the moment. A&M does have their 12th Man Foundation which will have some cash reserve, but it isn’t much. I’ll look and see what that reserve was when last reported. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Florida State’s revenue & expense numbers look pretty shady.  Several others also with zero net income.  What up with that?

Zero net identifies athletics programs receiving subsidies from the university and not self sufficient. 

In other words, programs operating in the red. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Thanks

The athletics departments of the schools that operate in the red in good years are already hurting badly. Look for a number of coaches to either forego or give back part of their salaries until revenues recover. Not doing so would be career suicide. 

I don’t see how revenues recover before 2023 when realignment starts heating up again. If they don’t, it increases the probability of an even more radical restructuring of college athletics in all sports. 

Personally, I don’t see revenues fully recovering until well after 2025. Probably not until about 2030. Look for student sections to suddenly get relocated back to prime (read: unsold) seats. The BMDs who will fuel the recovery in college athletics finances aren’t the BMDs of today. Smart ADs will today have a team working on the 35-45 yr old alums. Those are the key to any program. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

8 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The athletics departments of the schools that operate in the red in good years are already hurting badly. Look for a number of coaches to either forego or give back part of their salaries until revenues recover. Not doing so would be career suicide. 

I don’t see how revenues recover before 2023 when realignment starts heating up again. If they don’t, it increases the probability of an even more radical restructuring of college athletics in all sports. 

Personally, I don’t see revenues fully recovering until well after 2025. Probably not until about 2030. Look for student sections to suddenly get relocated back to prime (read: unsold) seats. The BMDs who will fuel the recovery in college athletics finances aren’t the BMDs of today. Smart ADs will today have a team working on the 35-45 yr old alums. Those are the key to any program. 

Haven’t you just identified a potential way that the aggy culture is going to change?  Since they opened the floodgates of admission a couple of decades ago in order to overwhelm big brother tu with a horde of aggy grads in all segments of society, the complexion of their alumni base has started to change significantly.  At some point, aren’t they going to reach a tipping point where the younger, more pigmented members of their alumni base start to make significant amounts of money, and the older troglodytes start to die off?  At that tipping point, maybe real change, like a changing of the guard in administration, leadership, and statues to “gallant negro killers” can be effected?  Maybe that tipping point will be accelerated with the confluence of C19, BLM, and potential cancelling of 2020 CFB.  

Or is the core (pun intended) of aggy too deep to change to a kinder, gentler, more reasonable aggy?

47 minutes ago, nnm said:

At some point, aren’t they going to reach a tipping point where the younger, more pigmented members of their alumni base start to make significant amounts of money

I think you forgot that they will still only have an aggy diploma.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Haven’t you just identified a potential way that the aggy culture is going to change?  Since they opened the floodgates of admission a couple of decades ago in order to overwhelm big brother tu with a horde of aggy grads in all segments of society, the complexion of their alumni base has started to change significantly.  At some point, aren’t they going to reach a tipping point where the younger, more pigmented members of their alumni base start to make significant amounts of money, and the older troglodytes start to die off?  At that tipping point, maybe real change, like a changing of the guard in administration, leadership, and statues to “gallant negro killers” can be effected?  Maybe that tipping point will be accelerated with the confluence of C19, BLM, and potential cancelling of 2020 CFB.  

Or is the core (pun intended) of aggy too deep to change to a kinder, gentler, more reasonable aggy?

A&M's core problem (pun intended) is their culture produces followers, not leaders. The result of that problem is that in time of crisis, A&M struggles badly. Texas A&M is a dying institution. White, non-Hispanic males comprise 17% of births in the state of Texas. It is stunning to some of us that in 2020, a female still can't be a cheerleader. The school won't even allow a statue of their founder because he doesn't represent white, male privilege.

A&M's only hope of survival is for the legislature to install new leaders from the outside and empower them to make substantive changes to the culture of the institution. Otherwise, the people of Texas will eventually refuse to support the university.

The demographics of Texas have changed. A&M hasn't. Because the white, racist males who run that place won't allow it.

In 2019, John Sharp had to beg the legislature for an additional $80 million, yet they suddenly today have an extra $100 million for a cause they don't believe in (increased minority scholarships)? Never gonna happen. A "commission" to "consider" their shrine to the "great negro killer"? Three weeks later and, to my knowledge, not even one commission member named. Not impressive, but typically aggy.

Sports accelerated desegregation on college campuses. Sports didn't accelerate integration. The ags very unwillingly implemented desegregation and have refused to promote integration. Integration involves change. Having promoted conformity and subservience for almost a century and a half, A&M has no leaders capable of managing their current crisis. Because A&M only produces followers.

Read the amicus brief of the Sweatt family in Fisher (II).* A person cannot support both Texas A&M and the best interests of the people of Texas. In fact, one's commitment to the interests of the state and people of Texas can reasonably be defined by the depth of one's commitment to end what Texas A&M stands for and represents. Which is institutionalized racism.

Here is an example of the depths of the institutionalized racism that defines Texas A&M - Texas A&M College Station campus and Prairie View were established and founded in the same years. Because of A&M's status as a branch of The University of Texas, and Prairie View's identical status as a branch of Texas A&M, both institutions are equally entitled to participate in the proceeds of the publicly funded University of Texas endowment (PUF). Texas A&M College Station campus represents itself as the wealthiest public university in the nation, (supposedly) with an endowment in excess of $13B (over four times that of UT Austin). The endowment of Prairie View is $82 million. The alumni endowment contributions of A&M and Prairie View since 1876 have been, for all intents and purposes, identical. The difference is the publicly funded endowment money allocated to each institution by the A&M "leadership." The allocation of publicly-funded endowment proceeds between the two institutions by A&M "leadership" reflects the allocation of all resources by A&M "leadership" between the two institutions. This is "separate but equal" and institutionalized racism that defines Texas A&M.

A&M has been ranked in the top 50 by USNWR once (1997) in the school's history (and even then that ranking was because of very few programs and was not truly indicative of the university's educational offerings as a whole). The fat, white racist aggys in charge at A&M are ok with that, as long as they can continue to venerate white, male privilege as their highest cultural value and perpetuate the institutionalized racism that defines Texas A&M.

Fuck them. The aggys deserve what they are about to get from those they have long shit upon. Personally, I hope the day of reckoning will be long, painful and humiliating for them. They have earned that fate.

As a wave of demographic change washes over that sewer of an institution, it is inevitable that A&M's institutionalized racism and misogyny will end. It is just a question of how much more damage the aggys will inflict on the people of Texas before it does end. The losers will be the fat, white racists that university has kowtowed to since 1871. The winners will be the people of Texas.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

*Sweatt family amicus brief:  https://www.civilrightsproject.ucla.edu/legal-developments/legal-briefs/brief-of-the-sweatt-family-in-fisher-v.-university-of-texas/sweatt-family-amicus-brief-2012.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I can't roll my eyes any harder. Stop.

Evidently we disagree on the subject. I am sure you feel just as strongly about your position as I do mine. I take solace in the fact I am not alone in my opinion.

Every time the ags get pushed on the fact the Sul Ross shrine is racially offensive, they "form a commission" to study the issue. Then they shelve the issue. This time is no different. Why do you think that is?

More than 20 years later, the ags have seemingly unlimited funds for projects they find important, yet can't seem to find the money for the "planned" statue to the man who founded their university.

Deconstructing Racism One Statue at a Time: Visual Culture Wars at Texas A&M University and the University of Texas at Austin

Patrick Slattery

Visual Arts Research
Vol. 32, No. 2, Papers Presented at a Visual Culture Gathering November 5-7, 2004. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (2006), pp. 28-31 (4 pages)

aggy gaines statue jstor.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

By the way, there is a research paper I am trying to get but can't access because of a paywall. If anyone can get this for me, I would be appreciative.

"In a study published in Psychological Science last year, researchers at the University of Kansas and Texas A&M set out to test what they call the “Marley Hypothesis.” The theory is that minorities may perceive current racism differently because they have more accurate knowledge about the racism of the past. " https://hazlitt.net/blog/marley-hypothesis-who-actually-sees-racism

Abstract

This study used a signal detection paradigm to explore the Marley hypothesis—that group differences in perception of racism reflect dominant-group denial of and ignorance about the extent of past racism. White American students from a midwestern university and Black American students from two historically Black universities completed surveys about their historical knowledge and perception of racism. Relative to Black participants, White participants perceived less racism in both isolated incidents and systemic manifestations of racism. They also performed worse on a measure of historical knowledge (i.e., they did not discriminate historical fact from fiction), and this group difference in historical knowledge mediated the differences in perception of racism. Racial identity relevance moderated group differences in perception of systemic manifestations of racism (but not isolated incidents), such that group differences were stronger among participants who scored higher on a measure of racial identity relevance. The results help illuminate the importance of epistemologies of ignorance: cultural-psychological tools that afford denial of and inaction about injustice.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23232861/

The Marley Hypothesis: Denial of Racism Reflects Ignorance of History

First Published December 11, 2012 

EDIT:

I obtained the research paper I was looking for (h/t gringo).

"experience of collective identity both reflects and promotes particular representations of history, which suggests that glorifying constructions of identity may underlie both ignorance of relevant history and denial of present injustice."

"the typical determinant of relevance in mainstream representations of history is not correspondence to truth, but the exercise of authority. People who dominate cultural production impose beliefs and desires about relevance unto material reality, typically choosing to preserve knowledge about collective triumphs while silencing knowledge of collective misdeeds."

Sound like any group of people we know?

Edited by Randolph Duke

On 7/7/2020 at 8:19 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Here is an example of the depths of the institutionalized racism that defines Texas A&M - Texas A&M College Station campus and Prairie View were established and founded in the same years. Because of A&M's status as a branch of The University of Texas, and Prairie View's identical status as a branch of Texas A&M, both institutions are equally entitled to participate in the proceeds of the publicly funded University of Texas endowment (PUF). Texas A&M College Station campus represents itself as the wealthiest public university in the nation, (supposedly) with an endowment in excess of $13B (over four times that of UT Austin). The endowment of Prairie View is $82 million. The alumni endowment contributions of A&M and Prairie View since 1876 have been, for all intents and purposes, identical. The difference is the publicly funded endowment money allocated to each institution by the A&M "leadership." The allocation of publicly-funded endowment proceeds between the two institutions by A&M "leadership" reflects the allocation of all resources by A&M "leadership" between the two institutions. This is "separate but equal" and institutionalized racism that defines Texas A&M.

Would be a shame if Mond knew about this kind of one sided bullshit.  A real shame.  He alluded to it during one of his stumps, but I have to assume he doesn’t know the full scope, as he wasn’t irate.  

July 16, 2018:

Jimbo Fisher isn't shying away from the championship-or-bust pressure at Texas A&M.

"The timeline is now," he said of bringing a title to College Station. "You want to win immediately."

- Alex Scarborough, ESPN Staff Writer

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24113399/jimbo-fisher-ready-win-immediately-texas-am

July 8, 2020:

If instant coffee is appealing, why are there long lines at Starbucks?

Yet, it seems there are those — especially in college football national media — that think quality should be instantaneous.

Apparently, that’s the case when it applies to Jimbo Fisher, who has been a frequent target of manipulated stats and skewed opinions since becoming Texas A&M’s head football coach two and a half years ago.

The latest shot came from CBS Sports writer Barrett Sallee, who recently disparaged Fisher’s 17-9 record in his first two seasons at A&M. Sallee termed the 2020 season a “put-up-or-shut-up” year for Fisher.

Bashing Fisher’s first two seasons at A&M is at least short-sighted. At most, it’s ignorant.

True, A&M did not agree to pay Fisher $7.5 million per year for 17 victories in two seasons. Some fans, of course, might be dissatisfied. Impatience is a common trait among college football fans.

- Olin Buchanan of texags

https://texags.com/s/36454/history-should-guide-those-making-early-judgments-on-fisher-era-at-am/5

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

July 16, 2018:

Jimbo Fisher isn't shying away from the championship-or-bust pressure at Texas A&M.

"The timeline is now," he said of bringing a title to College Station. "You want to win immediately."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24113399/jimbo-fisher-ready-win-immediately-texas-am

July 8, 2020:

Yet, it seems there are those — especially in college football national media — that think quality should be instantaneous.

Apparently, that’s the case when it applies to Jimbo Fisher, who has been a frequent target of manipulated stats and skewed opinions since becoming Texas A&M’s head football coach two and a half years ago.

The latest shot came from CBS Sports writer Barrett Sallee, who recently disparaged Fisher’s 17-9 record in his first two seasons at A&M. Sallee termed the 2020 season a “put-up-or-shut-up” year for Fisher.

Bashing Fisher’s first two seasons at A&M is at least short-sighted. At most, it’s ignorant.

True, A&M did not agree to pay Fisher $7.5 million per year for 17 victories in two seasons. Some fans, of course, might be dissatisfied. Impatience is a common trait among college football fans.

https://texags.com/s/36454/history-should-guide-those-making-early-judgments-on-fisher-era-at-am/5

Those 17 wins in 2018-19 include Tx State, Lamar, UTSA, Northwestern State, Louisiana-Monroe, and UAB. Take away those 6 cupcakes and they're 11-9. And don't forget, some of those 11 came against mighty Arkansas, Kentucky, and the Mississippi schools. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

Those 17 wins in 2018-19 include Tx State, Lamar, UTSA, Northwestern State, Louisiana-Monroe, and UAB. Take away those 6 cupcakes and they're 11-9. And don't forget, some of those 11 came against mighty Arkansas, Kentucky, and the Mississippi schools. 

And a come from behind theft against LSU in the greatest game ever played. 

47 minutes ago, Player said:

And a come from behind theft against LSU in the greatest game ever played. 

Hmmm.  Can't find that one on the lists:

https://www.si.com/college/2019/08/12/best-games-college-football-history-rankings

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/CFB150games/the-150-greatest-games-college-football-150-year-history

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2470644-25-greatest-games-in-history-of-college-football

Interesting that one particular game tops two of those lists.  

Edited by nnm
  • Like 2

The quote that offends the brilliant Olin says it's "put up or shut up" time. It doesn't say he has to win the national or even SEC championship. It probably just means that they have to be a good team, maybe even ranked.

The Aggie schedule has featured some big, top teams over the last two years. They lost them all except for one which was close. They crowed about the one close win while they counted a close loss to Clemson as a win.

I doubt A&M would have a much worse record had Sumlin stayed or had they hired Tom Herman. The Aggies are a boring mediocrity under Fisher. That's another element of putting up or shutting up. Sadly for the Aggies, they're not really equipped to deal with Briles and Leach. I don't see 10-2 as very likely should there be a complete season.

Some media person predicted the college season would be played only between teams of the same conference. There will be some ugly records in the SEC without the cupcakes. The conference's structure of three or four giants and a lot of midgets will be revealed for all if that's the way the season plays out.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, nnm said:

Piss on ESPiN

Didn’t see aggy on those lists either, but will admit I lost interest on the ESPiN one after rolling down through 75 or 80 games looking for their greatest cup win ever.

Edited by Armybrat

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The quote that offends the brilliant Olin says it's "put up or shut up" time. It doesn't say he has to win the national or even SEC championship. It probably just means that they have to be a good team, maybe even ranked.

The Aggie schedule has featured some big, top teams over the last two years. They lost them all except for one which was close. They crowed about the one close win while they counted a close loss to Clemson as a win.

I doubt A&M would have a much worse record had Sumlin stayed or had they hired Tom Herman. The Aggies are a boring mediocrity under Fisher. That's another element of putting up or shutting up. Sadly for the Aggies, they're not really equipped to deal with Briles and Leach. I don't see 10-2 as very likely should there be a complete season.

Some media person predicted the college season would be played only between teams of the same conference. There will be some ugly records in the SEC without the cupcakes. The conference's structure of three or four giants and a lot of midgets will be revealed for all if that's the way the season plays out.

Close loss to Clemson counted as "almost a win"? I guess if you are an aggy, it counts as an "impressive loss."

Nine games over the past two years against quality teams. A&M went 1-8 in those eight games.

In the only two games where their probability of victory ever approached 50% at any time after the opening kickoff, they went 1-1.

In the other seven games, the aggys weren't ever a serious factor in the game. In six of those seven, the game was over by halftime. That 2018 "close loss" to Clemson is the only game of those seven that wasn't already decided by halftime. It is a massive stretch to say that game wasn't also already decided by halftime.

So I guess a "close loss" for aggy is any loss where the game isn't ridiculously out of hand by the end of the 2nd Qtr.

And they paid $75 mil (fully guaranteed) for this level of performance.

Source: ESPN.com Game Summary

2018 2019 aggy win probability corrected2.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Close loss to Clemson counted as "almost a win"? I guess if you are an aggy, it counts as an "impressive loss."

Eight games over the past two years against quality teams. A&M went 1-7 in those eight games.

In the two games where their probability of victory ever approached 50% at any time after the opening kickoff, they went 1-1.

In the other six games, the aggys weren't ever a serious factor in the game. In five of those six, the game was over by halftime. That 2018 "close loss" to Clemson is the only game of those six that wasn't already decided by halftime. It is a massive stretch to say that game wasn't also already decided by halftime.

So I guess a "close loss" for aggy is any loss where the game isn't ridiculously out of hand by the end of the 2nd Qtr.

And they paid $75 mil (fully guaranteed) for this level of performance.

Source: ESPN.com Game Summary

2018 2019 aggy win probability corrected.jpeg

so 2019 A&M was flatlined by the 4th quarter for every difficult game.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Piss on ESPiN

Didn’t see aggy on those lists either, but will admit I lost interest on the ESPiN one after rolling down through 75 or 80 games looking for their greatest cup win ever.

agree. espn spent over a month touting how great usc was and now it's the #7 greatest game evar?

also, 1969 Texas vs arky needs more love.

June 8, 2018:

Texas A&M System, Partners Selected To Manage Los Alamos National Lab

https://today.tamu.edu/2018/06/08/texas-am-system-partners-selected-to-manage-los-alamos-national-lab/

7 July 2020:

Employees at New Mexico nuclear lab may have been exposed to plutonium after 'breach involving gloved box that was used to handle the material' at facility which has been dogged by safety concerns

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8499087/US-nuclear-lab-investigates-breach-plutonium-facility.html

aggy research.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 8:49 PM, cochamps said:

Florida State’s revenue & expense numbers look pretty shady.  Several others also with zero net income.  What up with that?

Many privates choose not to disclose the expense side of the equation. They will advertise revenue to project wealth and success. These charts often show the private schools with revenue equal to expense to avoid confusing information. 

July 16, 2018:

July 8, 2020:

That’s pretty fucking stupid about Starbucks. Plenty of fools go in there to just get stuff from there and be seen with it. Coffee is ass my dude.