• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Regarding the "best college QB we ever seen", was I the only one who watched Burrow last year and thought "System QB 3.0"...? Thirty years ago, he'd have been David Klingler. Fifteen years ago, he'd have been Graham Harrell. 

He deserved the Heisman, he had an insanely great year numbers-wise-- I just felt like watching him that if you switched him and Ehlinger, LSU and Texas would have had about the same results. Or if you stuck him on A&M's team, A&M was still going to lose all the games it lost anyway, even if A&M said "holy fuck we have Joe Burrow, let's open up the offense a little bit". 

Burrow wasn't the primary difference maker for LSU last year. Joe Brady's offense was. We have two years of stats to demonstrate it. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

24 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Regarding the "best college QB we ever seen", was I the only one who watched Burrow last year and thought "System QB 3.0"...? Thirty years ago, he'd have been David Klingler. Fifteen years ago, he'd have been Graham Harrell.

It was a little different because Burrow was exceptionally precise, but it was the perfect storm of QB peaking and the system he was in. I think he will be good, not great in the NFL. Everything clicked for Burrow and the Tiger offense last year, but he was not a freak of nature like VY was.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

It was a little different because Burrow was exceptionally precise, but it was the perfect storm of QB peaking and the system he was in. I think he will be good, not great in the NFL. Everything clicked for Burrow and the Tiger offense last year, but he was not a freak of nature like VY was.

Last year, the Heisman Trophy recipient (Burrow) was older than the NFL MVP (Jackson). 

Strange, but true. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/4/2020 at 10:45 AM, Randolph Duke said:

F'ing amazing. Back in the 1920s, they announced and promoted upcoming area Klan rallies during Texas A&M home football games.

(h/t: Prof Alvard)

Bryan KKK rally story.jpeg

"Good negroes have the protection of the KKK"

Somethings never change. Aggy fans today love their black players, unless they dare speak up in support of racial justice. Those who stay nothing are "good ones" who aggy luv. The rest are just typical n-words, like Mond, pull their scholarships!!!

A&M needs that ticket money. From Gigem247

Colleges and conferences across the country are having to make plans for the upcoming football season on the fly. They are ever-changing, such as when the SEC announced last week that teams would be playing a 10-game conference-only schedule with the beginning of the season pushed back to Sep. 26.

Though Texas A&M's final two opponents and the order of the schedule are still up in the air, fans are now making plans to try and attend games at Kyle Field. Last week, Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork shared that the plan is to currently allow 50 percent capacity at Kyle, which is what Texas governor Greg Abbott has laid out as the current order for outdoor stadiums.

This week, Bjork spoke with the Voice of the Aggies Andrew Monaco and Will Johnson on Studio 12 and the topic of capacity came up again.

"Kyle Field's capacity, working at the moment under a 50-percent capacity, and that is within the governor's orders. It's a situation where you've got to see [the] numbers through August. Students are going to come back. You've still got to dive in to the data and the science and it's fluid...but, still wanting to get to that 50 percent, I guess is the goal right now," Johnson said.

Bjork says that is still the plan and will remain so as long as Abbott and the state government permit it. The capacity is higher than most people would think, though.

"We'll follow the governor's order and, right now, it says we can have up to 50 percent of our normal operating capacity," Bjork responded.

"What I did last week is I talked about what that number is. The number is 110,000. We have 102,000 seats, but we have standing room only. So, our normal operating capacity for spectators is right around 110,000. And we actually need that standing room to allow people to spread out.

"Even though we're not social distancing our stadium, because the 50 percent doesn't allow that, they key in the whole thing is we've got to make it as safe as possible."

What exactly it will look like with 50 percent capacity and how groups of fans will be situated is still up in the air, though.

"And then it comes down to, whatever our limit is - if it stays at 50 percent, what's the personal preference of everyone? 'If you decide to come, that's your choice. You made the decision. Here's what Texas A&M will do to protect you.' So, we're putting all those things together," Bjork said.

Texas A&M has the largest student section of any school in country and a lot of Aggies were somewhat surprised that, last week, Bjork mentioned reducing the number of students at the game. He did not specifically mention reducing the season-ticket holders as well as he said at the time, "So our normal operating capacity gets us to a point where we have, we have plenty of room to accommodate season ticket holders, and then we will have to reduce the student number."

However, Bjork says that the ratio of season-ticket holders to students will remain the same.

"People get fixated on the numbers," he said. "I talked about a number of student tickets. People got fixated on that. First of all, let's just make sure we're playing college football. That's what we need to focus on and all doing our part.

"And then, the way the plan works as of now, the students will have the exact same percentage of Kyle Field capacity as if we were open in a normal season. That's our goal, to try and keep that percentage the same. And we can accomplish that with the way that we're rolling out our seating plan. So we can accomplish this.

"Will that mean less student tickets? Yes. But, as of today, we've only sold around 12,000 student tickets. So there's still room for students to buy their tickets. We know we'll have to eductate them on where they sit so that they'll spread out and socially distance."

Also on Wednesday, Bjork held a virtual town hall with fans able to ask questions. He took a question about tickets and cleared things up even further.

"Right now, we are prioritizing students," Bjork said. "The only ticket that anyone can buy right now for Texas A&M football is a season ticket. We are not selling any single-game tickets. We are not selling any mini-plans. Today, the only ticket you can buy is a student sports pass. We still have room within our 50 percent capacity for students to buy their all sports passes.

"We will spread out the number of weeks that we have ticket pull (for students)," he added. "However, we will have only two sessions of ticket pull - games one through three and then the last two games, depending on how the schedule works out."

Bjork wants to have a final plan relatively soon so that both students and former students can make plans for games.

"So all those things are being worked on right now," he said. "We hope that when we get our 10 opponents - when we get that announcement, we've got to go through some stadium protocols at the SEC level to get approval [and] that should happen Wednesday and Thursday and then we hope to be able to release our stadium plan hopefully some time this week. If it doesn't happen this week, it could happen early next week.

"Let's get the schedule, at least knowing who our opponents are. We may not have the dates yet. Let's get the stadium protocols approved by the SEC, which we're obviously meeting or exceeding here at Texas A&M. Then we'll roll out what the plan looks like.

"Again, we don't need to focus on the numbers. We want everyone to have a safe experience, safe as possible. If that means some people have to sacrifice this year, then we have to sacrifice. But that's how it needs to be looked at is we will do our best knowing that we have restrictions [and] knowing that it needs to be as safe as possible. We'll roll out the plan and we'll communicate with people and give people options and be flexible and that's what it's really all about this year."

"Even though we're not social distancing our stadium, because the 50 percent doesn't allow that, they key in the whole thing is we've got to make it as safe as possible." - Ross Bjork

-In semi-related news, the Aggies and Longhorns are not meeting on the field, no matter how hard Chris Del Conte and Tom Herman whine about to the media. However, the rivalry is alive and well behind the scenes, as wanna-be mountain man 'CDC' is going to have to walk back his previous claims of 50% capacity at DKR. You see, it's sounding more and more like 25% is going to be the reality in Travis County. Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

So try and predict Texas' current play. Yep, you guessed it. They're almost certainly going to attempt to go the political route, likely asking our Longhorn Governor to exert a little behind-the-scenes leverage on TAMU brass to go along with the other in-state programs at 25%. I don't think it's going to work, but we'll see. Stay tuned.

Don't forge Luicci using social distancing during a pandemic as rival smack...because he's an idiot. 

"I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???"

does he not understand that Texas people never look at anything A&M does, ever, and insist "we gotta do that too!!!!".....?

• Hook 'Em 1

That game and OU in 2013 are why Case McCoy should never have to buy a beer in Austin.

I gotta agree, that 3rd and long herp and derp is almost as legendary as Ricky's Heisman run/TD against aggy.

But maybe just a natty lite or Miller High Life if I'm in a good mood.

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A&M needs that ticket money. From Gigem247

"Even though we're not social distancing our stadium, because the 50 percent doesn't allow that, they key in the whole thing is we've got to make it as safe as possible." - Ross Bjork

Don't forge Luicci using social distancing during a pandemic as rival smack...because he's an idiot. 

50% is hilarious. NBA, MLB, etc are all doing zero fans but sure. Let's cram 50k people in a stadium an see what happens because that is ok!

"

Even though we're not social distancing our stadium, because the 50 percent doesn't allow that, they key in the whole thing is we've got to make it as safe as possible." - Ross Bjork

donald trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???"

does he not understand that Texas people never look at anything A&M does, ever, and insist "we gotta do that too!!!!".....?

This is the quality of journalism that caused Texags to have to rely on a federal bailout last April just to stay in business. 

The aggys are the last organization that will be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to risk identification. A&M will never be allowed to host a greater percentage of capacity than others schools. Don't forget, it was the federal government that finally recognized what had been obvious to the rest of Texas for over a century - that aggys have shit for brains. The feds had a more delicate way of putting is after aggy shit for brains killed 12 students when they said aggy had "a cultural bias that impedes risk identification."

No way in Hell anyone in a position of accountability allows those shit for brains in College Station to claim they have "identified the relevant risks" associated with the virus and hosting a football game.

Nice try, "Bailout Billy," but it ain't gonna happen that the aggys are going to be given the benefit of the doubt that they won't kill anyone through negligence if they are allowed to host more people than any other school for a football game this year.

aggy bonfire risk management.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggys are the last organization that will be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to risk identification.

This isn't about risk identification at all. It's about "bigger'n dem durn t-sippers! Gyuh gyuh!" just like everything else they do. We don't give one tiny fuck.

Your "bigger" school is easier to get into and has become a degree factory. Your Frankentacklebox of a stadium is a big, mismatched pile of shit. We don't measure our dicks against yours because we don't need magnifying glasses to measure our dicks.

May you reap the epidemic you sow, d-bags.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

This isn't about risk identification at all. It's about "bigger'n dem durn t-sippers! Gyuh gyuh!" just like everything else they do. We don't give one tiny fuck.

Your "bigger" school is easier to get into and has become a degree factory. Your Frankentacklebox of a stadium is a big, mismatched pile of shit. We don't measure our dicks against yours because we don't need magnifying glasses to measure our dicks.

May you reap the epidemic you sow, d-bags.

The problem is those chuckleheads will then infect the rest of us, because we all interact with grocery store baggers, fast food workers, and whatnot

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, NoName said:

50% is hilarious. NBA, MLB, etc are all doing zero fans but sure. Let's cram 50k people in a stadium an see what happens because that is ok!

I’m all for it. Hell, let them really show us and fill it full of 100k fightin Texas Aggies!

Should help thin out the herd a little....

20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I don’t think they can fill it up this year to capacity if there was free admission.  Just saying.

I live in a small Central Texas town infested with aggie.    I think that statement is wrong.  Hell, they’re looking for great deals on apartment rentals in Collie Station, cause, you know-fake virus and 2 night hotel minimums for games.................

On 8/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

So, aggy is using a system called "CANVAS" for their online learning experience. Summer session classes ended yesterday, and they are now in final exam period. Only, they can't take their final exams because CANVAS locked everybody out once classes ended.

Hey, at least this mistake doesn't smell like raw sewage, so aggy has that going for them.

For anyone not following the AISD thread in DT, Canvas is a flagship product developed and sold by Instructure (hq: SLC)

https://www.instructure.com/canvas/

I have a grapevine line to a dozen-odd implementations and none of them have experienced "lockout" or "denial of service" come exam time.  The system has it's issues like all software.

I asked around tonight, and the 2 answers i got back were the same.

"Sounds like aggy didn't pay their bill."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Thinking aggy will go all in like American airlines and say fuck it: fill this bitch to maximum capacity.

I'm in favor of allowing the aggys to bring back their bonfire, also.

Has anyone come up with a good reason why we still have a shrine to a white supremacists and serial murderer on public property in the state of Texas? Don't the people of Texas deserve better?

A lot of us are beyond fed up with the embarrassment we call aggy.

cash finger 3 by 5.jpeg

On 8/3/2020 at 10:57 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Someone needs to paint a tunnel and road on it, like Wile E. Coyote.

Someone creative or clever (outside consultation obviously when we're talking Aggie) would dedicate that wall to trompe l'oeil. Maybe even change it from time to time. Instead of an embarrassment, it could be a source of fun and pride.

They could have Johnny Football doing his money gesture. 

sticker-trompe-l-oeil-new-york.jpg

Wrong kind of football, but you get the picture.

ar-stickers-trompe-l-oeil-3d-foot-23-210

A giant Reveille maybe. 

spacer.png

But that would be too whimsical. I'm not worried about Aggies stealing these ideas. The presence of the French language, visual creativity, and anything antithetical to their self image of manly manfullness are all non-starters.

If they tried it would be some cornball Benjamin Know thing like these:

home-of-the-12th-man_2_1600x.jpg?v=15700

The above needs more Aggie Ring. The one below alludes to touch my Tra-la-la as the child steps forward to touch the Aggie's phallic instrument. Just moments later, the Aggie would invite the children to his Dodge Ram Van 6000 for some candy. Yum!

p45385-Z-03042020062958((2432x2432)).jpg

Of course, if I won the Lottery, I'd hire a team to recreate this bit of genius:

spacer.png

Caneck, my friends. Caneck, caneck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"I know it's gonna be a shock, Ags, but this year I only have us #2 instead of #1. Rebuilding year, y'see. I still expect us to win the national title but we'll do it wearing our road uniforms."

Not the glow-in-the-dark 11am kickoff uniforms???

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Aggie is going to finish their conference schedule 3-7 or 4-6 this season and the pitchforks for Jimbo will be out.

Nah, because that’s like 11-0 in the BDF. Do you even aggy bro?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Added Florida at home, and a road trip to Knoxville...good luck with that. Also LOL Mizzou gets Bama & LSU now

They got a much easier draw than they should have, which is BS. The SEC saddled their bottom-feeding teams (Missouri, Vandy, Arkansas) with brutal schedules in order to give everyone else a free win and prop them up in the rankings. It's blatant manipulation.

• Like 2

The aggy shrine to “the gallant negro killer” has now been declared by the AG as a “monument.”

When are we going to make public education in Texas a source of pride and no longer a source of embarrassment? 

Fuck aggy and all Texas A&M represents. Rot in hell, you redneck pieces of shit. 

Texas A&M should be wiped from the face of the Earth. 

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/08/08/texas-ag-state-legislature-has-authority-to-move-texas-am-sully-statue/

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

They won’t blame jimbo, they will (and probably already are) blaming mond, and next year with King is now the year. 

There’s way too many years/too many $$$$ left on that contract to allow themselves to start thinking about then next messiah HC who will rescue them from wandering the desert. Are they done paying the last hoser?

Reminds me of 2012. Great chance they go undefeated in the Big 12 and make a BCS game or possibly the Title game. But no, they go to the redneck conference and have literally a banner year which culminates with the Cotton Bowl. So very aggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk