Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 8/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, Burt Macklin said:

I guess the Ravens needed to round out a bloated roster, and Daylon was part of the dead weight. Not sure if another team will be willing to pick him up so his odds of snabbing a fat check will be rather slim. 

SLLQFXYCDREE5GGIKWNXPPGYBY.jpg

The Detroit Lions waived defensive tackle Daylon Mack days after claiming him via waivers from the Baltimore Ravens.

Detroit claimed Mack in the aftermath of defensive tackle John Atkins opting out of the upcoming season. He was waived with a failed physical designation per the league’s transaction wire.

• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

There’s way too many years/too many $$$$ left on that contract to allow themselves to start thinking about then next messiah HC who will rescue them from wandering the desert. Are they done paying the last hoser?

I think they are still paying the last 2-3 losers in addition to Jimbo.  You know, it’s tradition!

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

The Detroit Lions waived defensive tackle Daylon Mack days after claiming him via waivers from the Baltimore Ravens.

Detroit claimed Mack in the aftermath of defensive tackle John Atkins opting out of the upcoming season. He was waived with a failed physical designation per the league’s transaction wire.

He didn’t lose. He just ran out of buffet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Imagine thinking they have to be good to have a shot at beating aggy.

Tennessee.  The alma mater of my wife and most of my closest friends.  (I lived in Knoxville for 20 years.)

The Vols are a lot like aggy except for that they have much better players in the trenches.  Both have average QBs that have, for the most part, underachieved.  I can't recall if if was last year or the year before, but TN played revolving chairs at QB the entire year because the current QB (Guarantano) kept fucking things up.  I would expect TN to be slightly favored; however, who knows how the "home" field is going to work?  If we weren't Covid-ing, TN, in a packed house, would crush aggy.

12 hours ago, Whatever said:

Reminds me of 2012. Great chance they go undefeated in the Big 12 and make a BCS game or possibly the Title game.

I don't agree with either of these suppositions. If they hadn't played Alabama and given Bama its only loss, the BCS title game would have been unbeaten Notre Dame versus unbeaten Alabama. In that scenario, "unbeaten" A&M (which I don't agree would have existed anyway) wasn't breaking up that TV exec's wet dream of a BCS title game. 

We can get into "would A&M have been unbeaten in the Big 12" in another post if you're so inclined, which I truly doubt.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

I cannot emphasize enough how much I am literally unsurprised that there are Aggies who think this way. Total wins, win percentage, national titles, conference titles, bowl wins, Alliance/Coalition/BCS/NY6 bowl appearances and wins, head-to-head record, we have a winning record ON THEIR FIELD all-time, fuck all that shit! Aggie Joan says tu isn't superior in any way! Get the fuck out of here with your facts and evidence, this is 2020!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

@Randolph Duke If fall sports are cancelled, I’m going to need to know how much debt service Is due for Aggy and how fucked they are financially 

Their debt service is around $27 mil/yr. I'm not sure what the full financial picture is, but I know it's not pretty. They operate on about $150mil/ yr. Remember their super-duper special T3 deal (SECN)? That was a revenue deal, not a licensing deal like LHN. With the reduced content, ain't no way any SEC school gets paid a nickle for 19/20 or 20/21 T3 rights. They lost two home games, plus the the hit on overall season tickets. I can see aggy athletics taking a $70 mil hit. That also takes into consideration that part of the funding for the stadium comes from local hotel occupancy taxes which won't be generated. It's a mess. Their problem is they barely break even on an operating basis to begin with, so financing that type of a hole through bank lending isn't a viable option. Its going to have to be part of the overall bailout A&M will be given by the legislature. The fiscal year is the end of this month, so we will start getting some actual numbers soon.

• Hook 'Em 4

Then they play the game where they choose when the timeline starts. Wins decades ago don’t matter. Their timeline starts when aggy was pretty good and Texas was relatively down. Problem is those numbers don’t end up in their favor either.

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Their debt service is around $27 mil/yr. I'm not sure what the full financial picture is, but I know it's not pretty. They operate on about $150mil/ yr. Remember their super-duper special T3 deal (SECN)? That was a revenue deal, not a licensing deal like LHN. With the reduced content, ain't no way any SEC school gets paid a nickle for 19/20 or 20/21 T3 rights. They lost two home games, plus the the hit on overall season tickets. I can see aggy athletics taking a $70 mil hit. That also takes into consideration that part of the funding for the stadium comes from local hotel occupancy taxes which won't be generated. It's a mess. Their problem is they barely break even on an operating basis to begin with, so financing that type of a hole through bank lending isn't a viable option. Its going to have to be part of the overall bailout A&M will be given by the legislature. The fiscal year is the end of this month, so we will start getting some actual numbers soon.

Thank you sir

• Hook 'Em 1

I cannot emphasize enough how much I am literally unsurprised that there are Aggies who think this way. Total wins, win percentage, national titles, conference titles, bowl wins, Alliance/Coalition/BCS/NY6 bowl appearances and wins, head-to-head record, we have a winning record ON THEIR FIELD all-time, fuck all that shit! Aggie Joan says tu isn't superior in any way! Get the fuck out of here with your facts and evidence, this is 2020!
*Truth over facts!

*aggy truth

13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Reminds me of 2012. Great chance they go undefeated in the Big 12 and make a BCS game or possibly the Title game. But no, they go to the redneck conference and have literally a banner year which culminates with the Cotton Bowl. So very aggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't agree with either of these suppositions. If they hadn't played Alabama and given Bama its only loss, the BCS title game would have been unbeaten Notre Dame versus unbeaten Alabama. In that scenario, "unbeaten" A&M (which I don't agree would have existed anyway) wasn't breaking up that TV exec's wet dream of a BCS title game. 

We can get into "would A&M have been unbeaten in the Big 12" in another post if you're so inclined, which I truly doubt.

This just another in a long line of aggy fairy tales, probably covered at Fish Camp. Not a chance in hell they wouldn't have aggyed that season up as only aggy can. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

My sources tell me he tested positive for blood type gravy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Then they play the game where they choose when the timeline starts. Wins decades ago don’t matter. Their timeline starts when aggy was pretty good and Texas was relatively down. Problem is those numbers don’t end up in their favor either.

What always astounds me is the ignorance of the entire culture. We all know their go-to is to avoid the complete shitstain that was aggy football circa 1957-1975. Scholarship limits had been in place for years prior to 1975. The last school with mandatory ROTC for all male students wasn't A&M, it was Arky, which made ROTC optional in 1969. Darrell Royal didn't "stock up on all the talent." A&M had more players on scholarship than any other school in the conference when scholarship limits went into effect.Texas A&M's entire problem is that the school is run by aggys.Their sports teams badly underperform because they are run by aggys. Their knowledge of history is abysmal because they attended a school run by aggys. Ask anyone who has succeeded at a high level in a competitive endeavor - details matter. Seemingly small details matter. Details simply don't matter to aggys.

It is a character defect of the aggy culture to be absolutely certain in their certainties. A number of the dumb bastards actually believe the "scholarship limits" fairy tale, or their "aggys were the only ones off traveling the world, killing people in the name of democracy." They have no clue the people they are talking to both know the actual facts and aren't burdened with only an aggy-level education. They don't care about the actual history of their school, which is often far more fascinating than the dumb farm boy shit they spew in Fish Camp. They just go through life astounding people with how poorly educated they are, and doing so with the smuggest of looks on their faces.

1961 scholarship limits.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The serious fallout from cancellation of the entire football season won’t hit them until next fiscal year. Can a college athletic department declare bankruptcy?

The fallout is probably hitting already. Below is a snapshot of their expenses. I'm guessing A&M is about $30 mil in the hole so far (compared to original cash flow projections). They can do things such as delay the transfer of scholarship tuition to the university, but they are hurting.

The Big 12 conference distribution for 19/20 was down $1.1 mil/school. The SEC will announce their numbers in the fall. I expect them to be down at least $10 mil vs last year (the T3 hit).

A&M's 2019 attendance was 711k. Drop two games and you are at 500k. Even if they allow 50% fan attendance, the best case scenario is that they lose two thirds of last year's paid attendance. That's almost half a million paying fans. That is one hell of a gut punch. At $100 per fan, that's $50 mil.

Whisky and Iowa State have both projected to be out around $70 mil. aggy could easily match that number just on lost revenue.

Wait for aggy to have to start making rather substantial cuts. Hard times are headed to College Station like a freight train. Especially for the businesses that depend on students and aggy football. And please, please, Lord, let Jimbo have to announce that he's taking a salary cut to help out during hard times.

The next federal stimulus plan will bring round two of the payroll loans. Bet money those idiots at Texags are going to have their hands out again getting another financial bailout. College Station is going to get crushed in the next six months. I'm guessing the 2021 state bailout for A&M's athletics program will be around $80 mil. For the academic side it will probably be around $300 mil.

aggy expenses.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

@Randolph Duke If fall sports are cancelled, I’m going to need to know how much debt service Is due for Aggy and how fucked they are financially 

If?  If they put 50,000 fans in the stands for hours on end, and a shit-ton of them are crammed into the concession areas, choking the aisles, etc., and many not wearing masks, they'll get one helluva hit of covid within two weeks that will a) nationally embarrass the shit out of them b) probably kill off some of the elderly aggy they love to parade around the stadium and c) actually force the aggy leadership to back off on loading the stadium up.

55 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The fallout is probably hitting already. Below is a snapshot of their expenses. I'm guessing A&M is about $30 mil in the hole so far (compared to original cash flow projections). They can do things such as delay the transfer of scholarship tuition to the university, but they are hurting.

The Big 12 conference distribution for 19/20 was down $1.1 mil/school. The SEC will announce their numbers in the fall. I expect them to be down at least $10 mil vs last year (the T3 hit).

A&M's 2019 attendance was 711k. Drop two games and you are at 500k. Even if they allow 50% fan attendance, the best case scenario is that they lose two thirds of last year's paid attendance. That's almost half a million paying fans. That is one hell of a gut punch. At $100 per fan, that's $50 mil.

Whisky and Iowa State have both projected to be out around $70 mil. aggy could easily match that number just on lost revenue.

Wait for aggy to have to start making rather substantial cuts. Hard times are headed to College Station like a freight train. Especially for the businesses that depend on students and aggy football. And please, please, Lord, let Jimbo have to announce that he's taking a salary cut to help out during hard times.

The next federal stimulus plan will bring round two of the payroll loans. Bet money those idiots at Texags are going to have their hands out again getting another financial bailout. College Station is going to get crushed in the next six months. I'm guessing the 2021 state bailout for A&M's athletics program will be around $80 mil. For the academic side it will probably be around $300 mil.

aggy expenses.jpeg

How does 80/300 compared to what UT will need for comparison. It drives me fucking nuts that as a taxpayer I am funding their incompetence and overspending. Especially when they are already taking federal money to develop maroon coronavirus treatments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

How does 80/300 compared to what UT will need for comparison. It drives me fucking nuts that as a taxpayer I am funding their incompetence and overspending. Especially when they are already taking federal money to develop maroon coronavirus treatments.

UT Austin and A&M are in two separate worlds. The total net assets of the entire A&M System are only $5.7B The UT System is almost 10 times that. The operating budget for UT Austin is approaching $3.5B. A&M's is $1.9B. UT Austin ($53k per student) is funded at twice the level (per FTSE) of A&M ($31k/student). The bottom line is that as a percentage of revenue, tuition is less at UT than A&M (and UT has fewer students). Refunding any tuition will be less painful for UT.  Plus, while there will be a painful hit, the UT System has the resources to handle things without the state having to get involved.

For athletics, Texas pulled in about 580,000 fans in 6 games. Eliminate one game and go down to 50% and that cuts out about 300,000 fans. At $100 per, we are talking $30 mil. The LHN deal is a license agreement, so T3 revenues will actually increase to $14.3 mil this year. Toss in some added expenses and I could see UT athletics at about a $50 mil loss, but UT athletics (last I knew) had almost that amount in reserves. A&M has no reserve fund,. They rely on the academic side to bail them out when they can't pay their bills (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012). Plus, even though Bellmont wastes like crazy, Texas actually operates in the black, so if UT athletics did need to finance a deficit, they have the free cash flow to repay it.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If?  If they put 50,000 fans in the stands for hours on end, and a shit-ton of them are crammed into the concession areas, choking the aisles, etc., and many not wearing masks, they'll get one helluva hit of covid within two weeks that will a) nationally embarrass the shit out of them b) probably kill off some of the elderly aggy they love to parade around the stadium and c) actually force the aggy leadership to back off on loading the stadium up.

Problem is that after the game, they spread back out across the state. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Literally?

With the aggypedia page on Sul Ross finished, I'm open to suggestions on what other additions are needed.

The Sul Ross page is here:

https://aggypedia.com/wiki/Sul_Ross#Sul_Ross_.22The_Gallant_Texas_Negro_Killer.22

Speak up if you see any typos.

I also added the tidbit about local Klan meetings being promoted over the loudspeakers during A&M football games, and the A&M faculty/alumni Klan robe collection  to the "social progress" page.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Would be hilarious if they did something like Jimbo forgoes his entire salary for this season in exchange for an additional 2 years on his deal.   

Maybe a Bonilla-like deferred compensation plan.  Jimbo defers his 7.5 million this year and they pay him 2 million a year from 2030-2045. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 2:34 PM, Randolph Duke said:

What always astounds me is the ignorance of the entire culture. We all know their go-to is to avoid the complete shitstain that was aggy football circa 1957-1975. Scholarship limits had been in place for years prior to 1975. The last school with mandatory ROTC for all male students wasn't A&M, it was Arky, which made ROTC optional in 1969. Darrell Royal didn't "stock up on all the talent." A&M had more players on scholarship than any other school in the conference when scholarship limits went into effect.Texas A&M's entire problem is that the school is run by aggys.Their sports teams badly underperform because they are run by aggys. Their knowledge of history is abysmal because they attended a school run by aggys. Ask anyone who has succeeded at a high level in a competitive endeavor - details matter. Seemingly small details matter. Details simply don't matter to aggys.

It is a character defect of the aggy culture to be absolutely certain in their certainties. A number of the dumb bastards actually believe the "scholarship limits" fairy tale, or their "aggys were the only ones off traveling the world, killing people in the name of democracy." They have no clue the people they are talking to both know the actual facts and aren't burdened with only an aggy-level education. They don't care about the actual history of their school, which is often far more fascinating than the dumb farm boy shit they spew in Fish Camp. They just go through life astounding people with how poorly educated they are, and doing so with the smuggest of looks on their faces.

aggy is terrible at explaining this compliant.  While everyone had the same scholarship limits there weren't class size limits.  Saban would be sporting wood 24/7 over some of DKR's class sizes.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

23 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

It's been a year or so since i brought this up, but since you asked....

aggys rhymes with haggis.

aggy is singular, plural, a noun, a verb, an adjective and an adverb.

please don't add the "s" to make aggy plural.

it's already plural.

It's an extremely versatile word, which is really ironic when you think about it 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's already plural.

I hope that info is available in aggypedia.....

21 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's already plural.

21 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

It's an extremely versatile word, which is really ironic when you think about it 

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You might even say it’s all inclusive

So basically it's fuck, except spelled aggy?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1