• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

1:28:30 - 2:08:00

Looch goes on a 40 minute rambling tirade that can be summed up as basically: college football is getting shut down by a bunch of B1G and Pac 12 presidents that are cowardly arrogant LIBS!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/TYC01-on27E/0132153-nnro.mp3

Now warning lights are flashing down at quality control somebody threw a spanner they threw him in the hole

There's rumors in the loading bay and anger in the town

Somebody blew the whistle and the walls came down

There's a meeting in the boardroom they're trying to trace the smell

There's leaking in the washroom there's a sneak in personnel

Somewhere in the corridor someone was heard to sneeze

Goodness me could this be Industrial Disease?

Caretaker was crucified for sleeping at his post

Refusing to be pacified it's him they blame the most

Watchdog got rabies the foreman got a-fa-leas everyone concerned about Industrial Disease

There's panic on the switchboard tongue is in knots

Some come out in sympathy some come out in spots

Some blame the management and some the employees everybody knows it's the Industrial Disease

Now the work force is disgusted downs tools walks

Innocence is injured experience just talks

Everyone seeks damages and everyone agrees that

these are 'classic symptoms of a monetary squeeze'

On ITV and BBC they talk about the curse

Philosophy is useless

Theology is worse

History boils over there's an economics freeze sociologists invent words that mean Industrial .... Disease

Doctor Parkinson declared 'I'm not surprised to see you here you've got smokers cough from smoking brewer's droop from drinking beer'

'I don't know how you came to get the Betty Davis kneeeees but worst of all young man you've got Industrial Disease'

He wrote me a prescription he said 'you are depressed, but I'm glad you came to see me to get this off your chest'

'Come back and see me later'

ding!

'Next patient please'

'Send in another victim of In-dustrial Disease'

'Ha'

'Send him in'

'n I go down to Speaker's Corner I'ma thunderstruck they got free speech tourists, police in trucks

Two men say they're Jesus

One of them must be wrong

There's a protest singer he's singing a protest song

He says 'they wanna have a war, to keep their factories'

'They wanna have a war, to keep us on our knees'

'They wanna have a war to stop us buying Japanese'

'They wanna have a war to stop Industrial Disease'

'They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and b-lind'

'They wanna sap your energy, incarcerate your mind'

'Give you Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three'

'Two weeks in Espanyer and Sunday strip-tease'

Meanwhile the first Jesus says 'I'd cure it soon, abolish monday mornings and friday afternoons'

The other one's out on hunger strike he's dying by degrees

How come Jesus gets Industrial Disease?

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

He didn’t go to aggy. But he sure as fuck fits in. 

"They're turning America into a communist country!" seconds later... "they're teaching our kids to fear their fellow man!"

I'm not sure how well he understands the ideology of communism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

1:28:30 - 2:08:00

Looch goes on a 40 minute rambling tirade that can be summed up as basically: college football is getting shut down by a bunch of B1G and Pac 12 presidents that are cowardly arrogant LIBS! 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/TYC01-on27E/0132153-nnro.mp3

Just when you think you have a grasp on how big of a fucking moron Looch is, manages to dial it up to 11.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2020 will mark the 6th year since 2006 that aggy athletics had a "financial emergency" and couldn't pay it's bills (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012). The ags had plenty of opportunity to pay off their previous indebtedness to the academic side and to establish a reserve fund for future "financial emergencies."

Instead, they chose to overbuild their stadium and to waste money on coaching salaries.

According to the ags, they have plenty of money to weather the current financial storm. As of their July 2020 financial filings, the entire Texas A&M System alumni endowment is now over $1B.

If the ags want to rob their academic endowment to spend still more on athletics, let them. Out of their endowment, not out of the UT endowment. Not a penny out of the PUF or AUF other than for its original intended purposes. If the voters would separate The University of Texas and Texas A&M into two separate institutions and segregate the PUF (how could aggys not be in favor of a plan calling for segregation?) we would all be better off. The need for UT to distance itself from A&M as much as possible cannot be over emphasized.

Reality is going to hit the aggys hard when it comes time to balance their books. And I can't think their demand to keep their shrine to "the gallant Texas negro killer" is going to sway many legislative votes their way.

They irresponsibly spent on athletics and now hard times have come. I'm not sure how what is about to befall the aggys will be determined by the rednecks to be "tu's" fault, but you know its coming. They overspent on their stadium and wasted money on coaching contracts. Now they aren't going to be able to pay their bills, and its someone else's fault.

I'm not sure how the fallout of a cancelled football season is going to affect most Texas schools, but I am sure robbing the academic endowments to throw still more money at college athletics isn't something a respectable academic institution would consider for a moment.

Texas A&M, on the other hand....

aggy athletics fine.jpeg

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

It has to be ironic that Aggies aggy almost certainly think of themselves as the Ants in the "The Ant and the Grasshopper" parable, and yet they're grasshoppers all the way

eatin' that seed corn

fify

17 hours ago, happyhookem said:

Don't know. That's why I'm asking. But it seems perfectly reasonable to me. When something goes wrong, "Well, aggy" has about the same connotation (sp?) as "Well, fuck."

Fantastic!  I’ll stop saying “fuck” in public and just use “aggy” instead.  My wife and kids will be so pleased.  I’ll report back on how this goes............

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't think they could do either of those things even if they wanted to.

The PUF is safe from being raided, but their alumni endowment is governed by other rules.

The ags could borrow from system revenues, but that would cost them their AAA rating if the hit to the entire system is severe.

My guess is they borrow the money and pledge revenues from an additional capital campaign (football ticket "contribution").

Add more debt on top of existing debt. It's turdition. Hopefully they roll their existing debt into the new debt and then add in a reserve (that they don't immediately spend to replace Jimbo).

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Add more debt on top of existing debt. It's turdition. Hopefully they roll their existing debt into the new debt and then add in a reserve (that they don't immediately spend to replace Jimbo).

Aggy IOUs. They're as good as money. Someone, someday will pay the money back.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

RC is posting on texags after being called out by former walk on kickoff team rubes. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3128205/1

Lol. The way any of those threads read you would think they had the history of Notre Dame. I mean that's really what their program is - a dumber, shittier, politically incorrect ND. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Just when you think you have a grasp on how big of a fucking moron Looch is, manages to dial it up to 11.

He's probably got a lot of TexAgs expenses that could go in the shitter with a lack of football.  He's probably shitting sheep.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, Deej said:

Just fantastic that the people of Texas are going to have to bail these dumbshits out again. 

You just know Luigi will try and apply for some sweet covid relief.

If there was ever, ever a year when somebody put a gun to your head and said 'pick a year for aggy to win in all', it is this year. Yea they still wouldnt beat Alabama auburn and Florida, but I would want it this year for sure.

Real talk: aggy is arkansas and soCar 25 years ago, Nebraska and Colorado today. Change conferences and you go downhill not up. Arkie is happy with a trip to Atlanta every 10 years. Aggy should feel the same, but they won't. Know your place.

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The PUF is safe from being raided, but their alumni endowment is governed by other rules.

The ags could borrow from system revenues, but that would cost them their AAA rating if the hit to the entire system is severe.

My guess is they borrow the money and pledge revenues from an additional capital campaign (football ticket "contribution").

They could just borrow some $$$ from Jimbo.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's probably got a lot of TexAgs expenses that could go in the shitter with a lack of football.  He's probably shitting sheep.

You just know Luigi will try and apply for some sweet covid relief.

they already got a PPP loan, it was posted on here about 3 weeks ago    

Has anyone explained to to Demarvin Leal just how those who worship "the gallant Texas negro killer" approach risk?

"Not well" would be an apt description.

As federal safety inspectors noted almost 20 years ago, aggys suffer from "a cultural bias that impedes risk identification."

Ouch!

Let's not forget that cultural bias was identified as a proximate cause of the needless deaths of twelve people about the same age Demarvin is today.

And now Demarvin wants to bet his health (and possibly his life) that aggys have undergone a massive cultural change.

Just a quick question, Demarvin, "Having spent time getting comfortable among those who worship "the gallant Texas negro killer," in which other ways has A&M culture undergone radical change and much needed reform over the past few years?"

If I had a second question, it would be "Have you read aggypedia.com?"

aggy bonfire risk management.jpeg

demarvin leal.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

On 8/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Darrell Royal didn't "stock up on all the talent." A&M had more players on scholarship than any other school in the conference when scholarship limits went into effect.

to be fair, aggy having lots of players and aggy having lots of talent are two different things

• Hook 'Em 4

Here ya go aggy.....

Northeast Austin will soon be home to the third largest defense contractor in the world. On August 11, BAE Systems announced it is expanding its operations in the Capital City with a new $150 million, 390,000-square-foot facility near East Parmer Lane and I-35.

BAE Systems' new campus will be part of the Parmer Austin Business Park, and will include engineering, manufacturing, and laboratory facilities, as well as office space. Once complete, the campus will hold 1,400 employees, according to a release.

Ya'll still waiting on that Waffle House?

https://austin.culturemap.com/news/city-life/08-11-20-north-austin-future-home-of-global-defense-contractors-150-million-campus/

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1