• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Well, I'm not surprised you didn't get that. It was in fact a trick question. Coventry City have never won the FA Cup.

(as of 1970 when that episode of Python was filmed and aired.....)

(Coventry City did go on to finally win the FA Cup in 1987 on a 96' own goal scored by a Spurs player named...... Mabbutt.)

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2000 atm game on LHN right now. 

We get stuffed on the first posession of the game - 3 and out. Punt to the 12ish yard line.

First aggy play is a slant pass that gets jumped for a pick 6.

Never change, aggy.

That game was so much fun.  They came in so sure they were going to win that one and we lit them up.

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

For anyone interested in making a quick $1,000, the "aggy challenge" contest still hasn't had a winner come forth and solve the mystery.

The aggys claim their "yell leader" tradition started in 1907 during an A&M home football game. Below is how they explain the events.

Anyone who can tell me what home football game in 1907 the aggy yell leader tradition began gets $1,000 in cash. aggys can play, fans of other schools can play, historical detectives can play. The contest is open to anyone. One winner. The first person to point out which 1907 aggy home football they are talking about in the story of how their yell leader tradition started in 1907. Who was the opponent, what was the date in 1907 the game was played?

https://yell.tamu.edu/

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

Fort Worth University - home opener in which aggy got beat 34-0.

2 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Fort Worth University - home opener in which aggy got beat 34-0.

Nice try, but (shockingly) aggy didn't lose to FWU in 1907.

If it helps, below is a snip from the Wed, Oct 31, 1906 edition of the aggy school paper.

$1,000 to the first person who can identify the date and opponent of the 1907 home aggy football game where their "yell leader" tradition originated. Still waiting to be claimed by someone.

Come on, aggys. They must have taught you idiots about yell leaders at fish camp. An easy $1,000 just waiting to be claimed.

aggy vulgar yells 10-6-06.jpeg

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

8 Games

G Date Day School   Opponent Conf   Pts Opp W L T Streak Notes
1 Oct 5, 1907 Sat Texas A&M   Fort Worth Non-Major W 34 0 1 0 0 W 1  
2 Oct 12, 1907 Sat Texas A&M N Texas Ind T 0 0 1 0 1 T 1 Dallas, TX
3 Oct 21, 1907 Mon Texas A&M   LSU Ind W 11 5 2 0 1 W 1  
4 Oct 28, 1907 Mon Texas A&M   Haskell Ind W 5 0 3 0 1 W 2  
5 Nov 5, 1907 Tue Texas A&M   Texas Christian Ind W 32 5 4 0 1 W 3  
6 Nov 12, 1907 Tue Texas A&M   Oklahoma Non-Major W 19 0 5 0 1 W 4  
7 Nov 16, 1907 Sat Texas A&M @ Tulane Ind W 18 6 6 0 1 W 5  
8 Nov 28, 1907 Thu Texas A&M @ Texas Ind L 6 11 6 1 1 L 1  

start guessing if you want $1k from RD. 

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

For anyone interested in making a quick $1,000, the "aggy challenge" contest still hasn't had a winner come forth and solve the mystery.

The aggys claim their "yell leader" tradition started in 1907 during an A&M home football game. Below is how they explain the events.

Anyone who can tell me what home football game in 1907 the aggy yell leader tradition began gets $1,000 in cash. aggys can play, fans of other schools can play, historical detectives can play. The contest is open to anyone. One winner. The first person to point out which 1907 aggy home football they are talking about in the story of how their yell leader tradition started in 1907. Who was the opponent, what was the date in 1907 the game was played?

https://yell.tamu.edu/

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

Jesus, their egos were so fragile, even way back then. This couldn't be more aggy if it had a lost ring and goose stepping boots on.

Let me get this straight, The seniors or upperclassmen that had "dates" from the Women's college in town to hang with them, got enraged when their "guests" were more entertained by the younger boys that they made do yells during a football game. The football game no longer matters due to 1) aggy losing so badly and 2) doing anything else was enough to keep their dates attention from leaving the game. The seniors or upperclassmen, being so fucking lame and jealous of the younger boys, whom they made entertain their dates, decided that they needed to be the center of attention going forward, and that's how their "cheerleaders" got started. Because of their small guy (most likely mental and physical) syndrome? They are proud of this story and point to it as a means to how special a place this is? Why not make a tradition of the freshmen entertaining the crowd? They just couldn't take it that someone that just got to the college had more value than them. Just burned them up inside that they couldn't entertain their guests with all that aggy had to offer.

The aggy mentality is so fucking weak, and apparently has been since at least 1907. This is deep seeded and familiar in the aggy psyche. Can't hang on the field, can't hang off the field. Red ass, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

If it helps, below is a snip from the Wed, Oct 31, 1906 edition of the aggy school paper.

$1,000 to the first person who can identify the date and opponent of the 1907 home aggy football game where their "yell leader" tradition originated. Still waiting to be claimed by someone.

Come on, aggys. They must have taught you idiots about yell leaders at fish camp. An easy $1,000 just waiting to be claimed.

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

I took you up on this sometime back - and I beleive my best guesses were both games from different years and that they had gotten the date wrong and decided to stick with it.

Or more likely they just made it up.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

2000 atm game on LHN right now. 

We get stuffed on the first posession of the game - 3 and out. Punt to the 12ish yard line.

First aggy play is a slant pass that gets jumped for a pick 6.

Never change, aggy.

CSB:

I remember this game because I was in the stands with my soon to be aggy wife. This was particularly an awesome play for two reasons: 1) Texas pick six, and 2) The Texas CB told his position coach before the game and most of the week leading up to the game that the aggy QB (Farris?) would always throw the slant to a specific side in a specific formation on the first play of the game. He told his coach that he was going to break off his assignment if they got in the formation to pick the ball. The coach told him that if he did and his guy caught a pass he would sit the rest of the game. If you go back and watch that play, as soon as the ball is hiked he immediately runs to where the ball is going to be thrown, catches it, and the rest is history. Heard the story after the game in a live interview, and watching the film you can tell that's exactly what he did. 

CSB: Same game, walking out of the stadium, my future aggy wife had to listen to "Poooooooor Aggies" for a solid 30 minutes before it was just a sound off in the distance. I loved every minute of that game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

That game was so much fun.  They came in so sure they were going to win that one and we lit them up.

I'll never forget the idiot yelling "beat the hell out of tu" during the pre-game moment of silence. I will also never forget the volume of POOR AGGIES ringing through the stadium during the walk out. That was a fun game. 

5 minutes ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

I remember this game because I was in the stands with my soon to be aggy wife. This was particularly an awesome play for two reasons: 1) Texas pick six, and 2) The Texas CB told his position coach before the game and most of the week leading up to the game that the aggy QB (Farris?) would always throw the slant to a specific side in a specific formation on the first play of the game. He told his coach that he was going to break off his assignment if they got in the formation to pick the ball. The coach told him that if he did and his guy caught a pass he would sit the rest of the game. If you go back and watch that play, as soon as the ball is hiked he immediately runs to where the ball is going to be thrown, catches it, and the rest is history. Heard the story after the game in a live interview, and watching the film you can tell that's exactly what he did. 

CSB: Same game, walking out of the stadium, my future aggy wife had to listen to "Poooooooor Aggies" for a solid 30 minutes before it was just a sound off in the distance. I loved every minute of that game.

When I got home from this game I was hired by a pipeline worker from Louisiana to defend him against a DWI charge. Seems that although born and raised there he loved the Horns. Unfortunately after watching the game in a bar in Beaumont he was pulled over by a DPS trooper in Jasper County. The video of his field sobriety tests just amounted to him repeatedly yelling “Hook ‘em Horns!”. Case dismissed 

• Hook 'Em 6

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I took you up on this sometime back - and I beleive my best guesses were both games from different years and that they had gotten the date wrong and decided to stick with it.

Or more likely they just made it up.

Is there an excuse for their not having a clue what the actual story is? 

Personally, I’m very confident they just made the whole story up. Just one big redneck fairytale. 

But the offer stands. $1,000 to the first person who can identify the opponent and date for the 1907 game of the origin of the aggy yell leader tradition. 

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

When I got home from this game I was hired by a pipeline worker from Louisiana to defend him against a DWI charge. Seems that although born and raised there he loved the Horns. Unfortunately after watching the game in a bar in Beaumont he was pulled over by a DPS trooper in Jasper County. The video of his field sobriety tests just amounted to him repeatedly yelling “Hook ‘em Horns!”. Case dismissed 

Here, have a "csb".

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

Didn’t Greg brown make that pick 6?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

First play in the vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah. A few things I noticed watching that game:

1. Roy Williams was really fucking good. Even as a freshman.

2. Quentin Jammer was really fucking good.

3. The announcers never shut the fuck up about Chris Simms. (although we got good Simms that day)

3 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I'll never forget the idiot yelling "beat the hell out of tu" during the pre-game moment of silence. I will also never forget the volume of POOR AGGIES ringing through the stadium during the walk out. That was a fun game. 

Pretty sure it was followed up by a "whhhoop" .  

I also remember telling "Tooommbs" whenever he got a 2 yrd run.  I was in the front row in corner endzone.  Best seats I've ever had.  

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Yep, yep and when Simms was on, he was amazing. He just wasn't on frequently, also, gdgd.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

3. The announcers never shut the fuck up about Chris Simms. (although we got good Simms that day)

The problem with Simms was you never knew what you were getting. Rattle him once and he would struggle.

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Has the aggy adm made any salary adjustments/staff reductions like the Horns announced today?  They are rich, ya know.

Sharp seems to be playing internal politics with their budget issues, so far. There are some favors he wants to hand out, and some messages he wants sent, so they have been having some comical "restructurings" that appear to be fire/rehire deals where "certain" people are not rehired, some rehired for essentially their old job (but at a lower pay), and others not touched.

They released this statement in July:

"We have identified some difficult but necessary organizational changes that will be implemented in the weeks to come, including updates to policies focused on a more transparent approach to operations, realignment of programs in an effort to reduce redundancy, centralization of select services focused on academic and service excellence, and elimination of positions.

As programs and services are restructured and/or realigned, reductions in force will be unavoidable. I know this information is difficult to hear, but these steps are being taken thoughtfully and with a clear outcome in mind. Due to the unique administrative structure of our organization, direct supervisors will meet with members of their units in the coming weeks to share details of their distinct plans that range from restructuring some programs and related positions to elimination of duplicative or no longer needed roles. We will announce final decisions in phases throughout July and August."

The more naive rednecks keep bringing up the "$100 million diversity pledge" Sharp stupidly made (with no intentions of ever funding). Some affected aggy employees absurdly believe there is a pool of money available that could have either been used to fund the diversity pledge, or retain staff. Sharp is having to publicly feign honoring that commitment, while privately explaining that layoffs have to happen because the A&M system doesn't have the money for either.

Lots of talks going on in the background to gain a clue how much the legislature is going to cut, and how much assistance for universities is still to be approved in the next federal stimulus bill that will be taken up starting next week.

19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy 1907 chalenge.jpeg

I'd like to go with "It's all made up and never happened that way for $1,000" Randolph!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

Now we can insert someone who will protect sully and reprimand all of those colored boys. /aggy

It wouldn't be aggy if they didn't choose someone based on cultural considerations, instead of on academic and leadership considerations.

By shoving Young out the door, Sharp is sending a clear message that the supremacy of the white man shall be recognized as the law on the campus of Texas A&M.

aggy klan rally robes.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Sec announce no bands during football year. That mean aggy doesnt win halftime. Hope they dont forget thier halftime show

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You know the aggy administration wanted this - the AD was desperate to sell those seats. He was probably the most vocal person lobbying the SEC to make this a rule so he and the administration could avoid any criticism.

Just now, Randolph Duke said:

aggy diversity.jpg

Dude on the right is the record-holder for number of times winning the Fighting Texas Aggie Gloryhole Cadet of the Week award.

In his 5 years on campus, Kyle only lost twice. One time, he had to sit out when he had his wisdom teeth removed. The other time, Kyle got up and left because Reveille barked just before his Pisshead Old Lady came. That day, the Old Lady sadly ran out of time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Pretty sure it was followed up by a "whhhoop" .  

I also remember telling "Tooommbs" whenever he got a 2 yrd run.  I was in the front row in corner endzone.  Best seats I've ever had.  

CSB: I grew up with Ja’Mar, we had the same Kindergarten class. And he went to Pine Tree until Kilgore got his momma a job around our Sophomore year. Buncha assholes. 

for his sake I wish his life would’ve worked out different. 

CSB: I grew up with Ja’Mar, we had the same Kindergarten class. And he went to Pine Tree until Kilgore got his momma a job around our Sophomore year. Buncha assholes. 

for his sake I wish his life would’ve worked out different. 

Is this where we say something about north east Texas represent? Isn’t Toombs back up this way coaching or am I thinking of someone else like Javorskie Lane?

30 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is this where we say something about north east Texas represent? Isn’t Toombs back up this way coaching or am I thinking of someone else like Javorskie Lane?

I'm not sure what he's up to these days. Last time i talked to him i saw him at my cousins baseball game 5yrs ago. Last time i heard his name my mom was telling me about his son needing some kind of surgery. Mom worked at the Pine Tree middle school in the office so she would hear things from time to time. She retired 2yrs ago so i haven't heard any news since. 

He was always nice to me, he just had an issue with wanting to be part of the "gang" around town. 

That's a strangely telegraphed move by Young.  To announce his retirement, already markedly along into the academic semester?   And then to make it for 9 months from now?  Not end of semester, not end of calendar year, but all the way to 31 May of next year?  As stated above, that has Perry's fingerprints written all over it, but then---Sharp is not one to share the limelight.  This is a very strange all the way around.  I mean, he's gonna miss out on A&M winning the Director's Cup in June as well.  Who will represent A&M at the College World Series in June of '21 if Young is retired?