Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

57 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's a strangely telegraphed move by Young.  To announce his retirement, already markedly along into the academic semester?   And then to make it for 9 months from now?  Not end of semester, not end of calendar year, but all the way to 31 May of next year?  As stated above, that has Perry's fingerprints written all over it, but then---Sharp is not one to share the limelight.  This is a very strange all the way around.  I mean, he's gonna miss out on A&M winning the Director's Cup in June as well.  Who will represent A&M at the College World Series in June of '21 if Young is retired?  

Sharp wants his own guy. Young was asked to resign. The rest is PR bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's a strangely telegraphed move by Young.  To announce his retirement, already markedly along into the academic semester?   And then to make it for 9 months from now?  Not end of semester, not end of calendar year, but all the way to 31 May of next year?

He wants to be able to say that he presided over the 7-3, 10-win fightin texum aggys of 2020, that played through a global pandemic when other schools were clutching their pearls.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Sure to get a lot of folks in an uproar...

So much bro unpack here:

"Even after 3 decades of experimentation, Kornegay has failed to produce a treatment"

Typical Aggy.  

"Kornegay's trials include the breeding/insemination of dogs"

Do I even want to know?

7 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Happy anniversary, aggy!

I wonder if @Sbbruin turned off the tv, then turned it back on when the Bruins started making their comeback. 

Also, this is the perfect example of aggy athletics. They choke away leads and out play their opponent for most of the game and still find a way to lose. 

Big 12 aggy ====> SEC aggy

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I can watch that play a million times and still not believe it wasn't an  interception.  Success in his grasp and it goes right through his hands.  aggy in a nutshell.
Uh guys, glass houses and all. Now we can argue about why we never should have been in said glass house but thats a different thread.

17 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
39 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:
I can watch that play a million times and still not believe it wasn't an  interception.  Success in his grasp and it goes right through his hands.  aggy in a nutshell.

Uh guys, glass houses and all. Now we can argue about why we never should have been in said glass house but thats a different thread.

Yeah, we shouldn't make fun of OTHER schools' 34-point blown leads.  

1 hour ago, DCA_HORN said:
2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

One was by a true freshman that probably cost his team a shot at the National Championship, the other by a junior that allowed a 6-7 team to make a historic comeback.  The difference is everything about the two programs.

While the $1,000 aggy "yell leader" challenge still hasn't been claimed, let's have another game, this one just for fun.

Name that year in Texas history:

Memorial Park in Houston was the site of open fighting between armed civilians and U.S. Army forces that lead to the immediate deaths of 20 individuals, and that eventually another 19 individuals would be executed by hanging and over 60 life sentences in federal prison handed down to others. It was the largest collective execution of active duty U.S. military in the nation's history.

This, while the head football coach at the "military academy" some 90 miles away was wearing his Klan robe during evening "excursions into the community" and local Klan rallies were promoted over the public address system during home football games at said "military academy."

Preparations were being finalized for a statue to be dedicated on the grounds of the "military academy" to honor an individual who, while serving a government in a state of war against the United States, murdered people of color to "establish the supremacy of the white man" was known by his admirers as "the gallant Texas negro killer."

What year was it?

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

While the $1,000 aggy "yell leader" challenge still hasn't been claimed, let's have another game, this one just for fun.

Memorial Park in Houston was the site of open fighting between armed civilians and U.S. Army forces that lead to the immediate deaths of 20 individuals, and that eventually another 19 individuals would be executed by hanging and over 60 life sentences in federal prison handed down to others. It was the largest collective execution of active duty U.S. military in the nation's history.

This, while the head football coach at the "military academy" some 90 miles away was wearing his Klan robe during evening "excursions into the community" and local Klan rallies were promoted over the public address system during home football games at said "military academy."

Preparations were being finalized for a statue to be dedicated on the grounds of the "military academy" to honor an individual who, while serving a government in a state of war against the United States, murdered people of color to "establish the supremacy of the white man" was known by his admirers as "the gallant Texas negro killer."

What year was it?

Camp Logan, 1917?

48 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I appreciate your aggy takedowns, but this passive aggressive style is tiring. We get it, there was no game in 1907 where that story actually happened. Their own website says "as legend has it" which is about the most self-aware thing I've ever read from anything aggy official, essentially admitting that it is a legend and not necessarily fact. I do find it weird that they can't track down with some certainty the first time a few morons wore janitors outfits and acted like morons considering it has been ongoing for more than 100 years.

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I appreciate your aggy takedowns, but this passive aggressive style is tiring. We get it, there was no game in 1907 where that story actually happened. Their own website says "as legend has it" which is about the most self-aware thing I've ever read from anything aggy official, essentially admitting that it is a legend and not necessarily fact. I do find it weird that they can't track down with some certainty the first time a few morons wore janitors outfits and acted like morons considering it has been ongoing for more than 100 years.

The mere fact that a supposedly easy $1,000 is completely unobtainable creates a conundrum is the entire point.

To a college student, $1,000 for answering a trivia question whose answer was taught on the first day of undergrad would seem a reasonable thing to do. Except when that undergrad is an aggy, because that $1,000 represents one of the many, many rewards of life unobtainable because of their aggy-level education.

Those idiots have no interest in preserving their "traditions." Tradition means nothing to an aggy.

What matters to an aggy is promoting the culture they grew up in. That culture being stained to an irreparable degree by ignorance, racism, and poor judgement.

Most of aggy "traditions" are pure lies meant to glorify white, male privilege. That a major university banned the use of children's chalk on campus as a means to communicate about the school's history says a lot of the level of intellectual honesty allowed within their culture.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Camp Logan, 1917?

Yep. While the aggys were busy building their on-campus shrine to "the gallant Texas negro killer," armed race wars between active duty U.S. Army troops and individuals fighting to deny U.S. citizens their constitutional rights.

It is easy for the rednecks to lie to themselves and claim the Sul Ross statue was meant as an honor to "the Black man's best friend," not as any symbol of the aggy commitment to white supremacy. Meanwhile, just 90 miles away, full blown race riots were breaking out and U.S. Army solders were soon to be hanged by the government for defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic. It is naive to accept the Blacks in Texas at the time didn't see a number of dots that could easily be connected. Or that there might be still more happened over the years that was never taught to people who were taught to refuse to believe such information.

aggys claim they were ordained as a "military academy" pursuant to the Morrill Act. Prairie View was established in the same years and pursuant to the same Morrill Act.

If Sul Ross was "the Black man"s best friend" and a champion of minority education, why didn't Sul Ross (either as governor or as the head administrator of Prairie View) also ensure Prairie View lived up to its obligation to be a "military academy" for blacks? Anyone have the answer to THAT trivia question?

Wasn't Sul Ross derelict (yet again) for not providing the same government-mandated military training for black students at PV as he ensured white students received at A&M?

I wonder if [mention=1357]Sbbruin[/mention] turned off the tv, then turned it back on when the Bruins started making their comeback. 
Also, this is the perfect example of aggy athletics. They choke away leads and out play their opponent for most of the game and still find a way to lose. 
200.gif
If I recall he was actually at the game but ended up leaving early because his dad got sick or something happened.

47 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

He died.

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:
6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:
I wonder if [mention=1357]Sbbruin[/mention] turned off the tv, then turned it back on when the Bruins started making their comeback. 
200.gif

If I recall he was actually at the game but ended up leaving early because his dad got sick or something happened.

Correct.  He left to be with his father in his final moments, iirc.     

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I wonder if @Sbbruin turned off the tv, then turned it back on when the Bruins started making their comeback. 

200.gif

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

What year was it?

Every year except the Sumlin years?

On 9/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, Trey3216 said:

Sure to get a lot of folks in an uproar...

You may be able to defend testing animals to find cures for humans. I don't object to it in general. One wonders if the Aggies are learning anything.

I think the issue when this came up earlier included the conditions the dogs lived under. Look at that stark cage. The dogs are sick and in pain, but few measures are taken to make their experience a humane as reasonably possible. Instead of improving it, I'm sure A&M refused to admit they'd done anything wrong (see fatally collapsing bonfire) and carry on defiantly.

Feckless on every front.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Over the last seven seasons aggy has wins over:
FCS = 7
SEC (true road games) = 11

During their “magical” 2012 season (11-2), two of those W’s were against FCS teams.

aggy hasn't had a season with 10 wins against FBS teams since the 1990s.

Since aggy had its most recent 10-win (FBS) season, LSU has had 8 such seasons. Texas - 10. OU-16. A&M-0

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy hasn't had a season with 10 wins against FBS teams since the 1990s.

Since aggy had its most recent 10-win (FBS) season, LSU has had 8 such seasons. Texas - 10. OU-16. A&M-0

Now do the other Texas FCS schools.