• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, GTNY said:

The least surprising thing in this collage is the profile pictures of all the commentators 

From the comments on the "Tim England" tweet

Remember, folks...these are "the finest fans in all of college sports®."

I mean many, like myself donate a lot of $ for football and the kid stole reps away from someone else this whole time and dropped out a week before the season. It’s lame and wasting a scholarship on someone else that could have had it

He could've been working his butt off trying to clear his mind whenever he stepped on the practice feel. He could've been losing sleep because of his stressed he was. He could've been wondering what's wrong with his game for weeks before figuring out it was this.

Except he was interviewed two weeks ago and stated he was doing great, excited to play and start and etc. then loses his starting position and dips. Frustrating when ppl like myself help out for scholarships and etc that could have gone to someone else

Maybe he didn't want to admit he was struggling? He could've been putting on a brave face because he didn't want to let down the fans and the people who paid for his scholarship. Men have problems talking about their depression and admitting when they need help.

Never a fan of anyone being hateful. But can't blame anyone for finding this particular incident extremely lame.

I mean this stuff is just mean and uncalled for but I don’t think they are wrong

Hateful for someone using injustice in the US and a reason that he is opting out of his season 1 week before the first game.. he screwed every kid in front of him and he doesn’t care. What a POS

Texags is an absolute embarrassment right now. Not sure half those people can think for themselves.

I know a quitter when I see one, y’all folks must have been raised to be quitters and sympathizers for them

Edited by Randolph Duke

5 hours ago, dbecks said:

Turned off replies to this tweet (wise).  Can't imagine Aggy offer anything but glowing support for the "taking time off for my family and racial justice" move, right?

That has grad transfer next year written all over it.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Start exploring?

Many of us called that shit from the get-go.   Jimbo would have been crazy NOT to let the aggy circus overpay.

aggy has had a long history of students at the institution banding together to protest various aspects of life at the school. The more famous ones were in 1908 and 1947. The details of the 1908 "rebellion" can be found here: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=loc.ark:/13960/t1hh75d2z&view=2up&seq=8

Student protests against the school administration at A&M pre-dates  any "tradition" of protests and student activism on the UT campus.

The problem isn't that students are protesting on the A&M campus. The problem is that Black students are protesting on the A&M campus.

Michael Young not only just got fired by John Sharp, he got publicly humiliated by John Sharp. This, when after the Murano/ Loftin idiocy A&M struggled to find any qualified candidate to take that role (knowing they would be micromanaged by John Sharp).

aggy is a backwater school in a town with ZERO media presence. Their "go to" deflection is "We're just like UT Austin!" Look back to 1999 when there were dead bodies littering the aggy campus and count the number of aggy dumbfuck administrators who have ever been held accountable for bad decisions at A&M. Michael Young was fired as school president for not using all possible force when dealing with Black protestors on the A&M campus, and for allowing the thought of a Matthew Gaines statue on John Sharp's beloved "home of the gallant negro killer."

And you think (after Sherrill, Franchione, and Sumlin) people are going to ask "WTF?" about what they paid Jimbo Fisher!?

As a gift for all those aggy who insist their school was founded as a "military academy" here is a quick snip from the school's 1900 report to the legislature.

Texas A&M was founded as a reform school for incorrigible farm boys as young as 13 whose parents wanted to be rid of them. It wasn't until 1904, when A&M finally raised its admissions age to 18, thatA&M began to leave its reform school foundations behind and focused on education instead of babbysitting.

The aggy corps was founded to provide the discipline necessary to keep those students in line. Neither the A&M College of their "corps of cadets" had anything to do with teaching military science to aspiring officers. (a second snip from the 1880 report setting forth the nature of the "military training" at the school is also included below.

In 1862, when the Morrill Act was passed, the U.S. Congress did not start a program to establish military academies or teach military science to undisciplined boys in states currently in rebellion against the nation.

Not did Congress seek to enter post-Reconstruction by hiring former Confederate officers and politicians to teach military science in states that had just come out of military occupation by U.S. troops, all financed by Congress.

How clueless does one have to be to believe otherwise?

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M

Source:https://archive.org/details/annualreportofag1900agri/page/n7/mode/2up

aggy admissions 1900.jpeg

aggy 1880 military instruction.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.thumb.png.3fe306b4552b5d9c68314231bc915468.png

In typical aggy fashion, this fine, "educated" follower of "Saint Sul Ross" seems oblivious to the fact that whites (ie: aggy) might also benefit from programs designed to help Blacks.

We'll start with the easy questions:

Q: If A&M is a branch of UT that receives a "fair share" of the UT endowment ($13B), why doesn't Prairie View (a branch of A&M) share at all in TAMU endowment?

A: Systemic aggy racism

Q: If the Morrill Act mandated Texas A&M be a "military academy," why isn't Prairie View also operated as a "military academy"?

A: Systemic aggy racism

But if it helps them sleep at night to tell themselves there is no systemic aggy racism, then a racist has to do what a racist has to do.

The people of texas deserve better than texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1

Today's "dumbfuck aggy" moment is about sacred grass.

An aggy was visiting Arlington National Cemetery and afterward posted the following:

"I know the section and grave number and in 2017 was even at the section he was buried in, but was very apprehensive about walking around on the grass to find the particular grave. I didn't see anyone else doing it and couldn't find anyone to ask so I decided that discretion was the best policy."

https://texags.com/forums/49/topics/3138950/replies/57424652

aggys have no clue that at actual historical sites (Normandy, Gettysburg, Arlington, etc) there is no concept of "sacred grass." Intelligent, educated, serious people do not designate random plots of grass where nothing happened as "sacred" and then enforce "sacred recognition" as dogma, often in extremely offensive and inappropriate ways.

Yes, you pimple-faced racists, you can actually walk on the grass when visiting places of actual historical significance. In fact, you can even wear a hat.

Wake the fuck up and start realizing the "education" you received at Texas A&M was mostly garbage.

Just another example of how the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, sdm said:

I think it had more to do with aggy desperation than Jimbo Fisher's smarts, but yeah aggy definitely made the West Virginia hillbilly the smartest guy in the room.

The most amusing part to me was that the Aggies convinced themselves it was prestigious that it took a 10-year $750 million contract to land their coach.

It's like a man bragging about his ability to afford to pay young men $100 each to ask his daughter for a dance. He's so wrapped up in his own image, that he misses the big picture. He even claims that the young men all love his pitiful daughter, and that's why they danced with her.

Of course, then he goes to the bank and sees that he's overdrawn.

• Hook 'Em 1

every single one of the slaves descendants should be thanking their lucky stars that their ancestors were sold to come to America. Their lives would be 1,000,000x worse off if their family tree never left Africa.”

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3139311/last#last

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

The Texas A&M "Fighting Negro Killers" have a top 10 team and their fans are scurrying like white mice to find what streaming services are showing their "prime time" game tomorrow night.

Seems like a good excuse to revisit the aggy iPhone rant of a few years ago. aggy self-awareness at its best. This is from 2015, when their program was in the middle of a slow, frustrating downward slide that would lead to the firing of their coach and having to take the program in (yet another) new direction.

As this wise aggy said "its about the program's footprint as a whole which is more than just wins and losses."

And how's that "footprint" treating you these days, aggy? Top 10 and still having to wear out F5 to watch "big boy football."

Whoop!

CMV: A successful program is more than just about wins
and losses, it's about the program's overall footprint. This
is why Texas A&M is the marquee program in the State of
Texas despite Baylor and TCU having more success
recently.

Despite Baylor and TCU having more success last season, and
Baylor being more successful over the past two seasons, Texas
A&M is the premiere program in the state.

It's more than just wins and losses. A&M first of all is set to lead
the nation in attendance this year. That's big, and our fanbase is
massive. We also just signed a multi million dollar deal with
Adidas. A&M plays on national TV each week, sometimes on CBS,
which translates into a lot of eyeballs and TV ratings making them
a national brand.

Then there is recruiting. We continue to dominate recruiting
rankings which validates what our program has become and shows
that recruits want to be here. I feel like recruiting is HUGE when it
comes to the influence and footprint of a program, because it
either validates or rejects what your program is. The fact that we
are doing so well in recruiting PROVES that our program is a big
one that the best want to be associated with. If Baylor and TCU
were truly marquee programs they would be pulling in the state's
top recruits.

Baylor and TCU may have had 11 and 12 win seasons, conference
titles, and played in a big bowl, but they aren't A&M. They don't
have the fanbase, they don't have the attendance, they don't play
on the big networks and have the TV ratings and aren't big TV
draws which makes them a regional brand at best. They also lack
the recruiting pull that A&M has.

I would compare it to the iPhone. Texas A&M is the iPhone - a big
brand. We always hear about how new phones are "iPhone Killers"
but never kill the iPhone. While these iPhone killers may be more
impressive pieces of technology that are more powerful and
functional, the iPhone still outsells them big time. Baylor and TCU
are those iPhone killers. They may be better on the field, but in
the big picture, adding in factors like attendance and recruiting
and TV ratings, they don't stack up. Texas A&M is the brand
name.

I'd rather win 8 games every year and yet be tops in the nation in
attendance, recruiting, and national recognition, than win 11
games and have limited appeal. It's more about wins/losses, its
about the program's footprint as a whole which is more than just
wins and losses.

Edited by Randolph Duke

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The Texas A&M "Fighting Negro Killers" have a top 10 team and their fans are scurrying like white mice to find what streaming services are showing their "prime time" game tomorrow night.

Seems like a good excuse to revisit the aggy iPhone rant of a few years ago. aggy self-awareness at its best.

The game is on one of the two SEC Network channels. For AT&T Uverse customers that's channel 1608. Not sure about how much scurrying they're going to have to do.