• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I can't get the game on Spectrum cable (according to the guide), but evidently an ESPN streaming service is offering it.

Not going to be watching it, although I am curious to see if/ when they start booing Mond and "his type." (it's funny how a white man can commit treason and outright murder in the name of white supremacy and be an aggy hero, but if a black man speaks of injustice or chooses not to play college football for personal reasons, he is a "quitter" and denigrated in aggy culture, but that is for another time).

• Hook 'Em 2

about 24 hours from game time, and the slapdicks over at texags are split 50/50 on whether or not they should boo their starting QB for speaking out about racial injustice. thread just getting started, I'm sure it will be a showcase of racial tolerance by the time its over. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3138697

If Mond and/or other black players on the team take a knee during the anthem, you will be able to hear  the aggy heads exploding all the way over here in Austin. Wheels should be coming off earlier than usual this year. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

about 24 hours from game time, and the slapdicks over at texags are split 50/50 on whether or not they should boo their starting QB for speaking out about racial injustice. thread just getting started, I'm sure it will be a showcase of racial tolerance by the time its over. 

If Mond and/or other black players on the team take a knee during the anthem, you will be able to hear  the aggy heads exploding all the way over here in Austin. Wheels should be coming off earlier than usual this year. 

Good lord. These guys really do have a hard time reading the temperature in the room, don’t they? 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Good lord. These guys really do have a hard time reading the temperature in the room, don’t they? 

It really cant be overstated. Aggy wants to compete in SEC football, but they want their black players to keep their mouth shut. A&M's squad is going to be whiter than Wisconsin in a couple of years....we'll see how that works out for them. 

Edited by Blotto

On 9/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, Leanderman said:

How can those gomers claim research for a state agency like the forest service? Do they even have any students ? What is next trying to claim pot holes filled by TXDOT?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, Godzillatron said:

Actually they do. The research budget for the TX Transportation Institute is 90% or better funded by TxDOT. And if TxDOT ever tries to steer money elsewhere the Aggys in the Legislature step in.

aTm's TTI is pretty worthless too. They're best known for putting out an annual report ranking cities with the most congested highways. Despite becoming some bullshit that article that runs in the newspaper one day very year, the report has contributed nothing positive to mankind in its entire existence. -- much like the rest of aTm.

On 9/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I can only imagine the level of graft and corruption related to road contracts

In the modern era in Texas, up to at least Rick Perry's governorship, the awarding of contracts was handled on a very rigorous low bidding system. Perry however significantly politicized TXDOT and handed control over the agency to his benefactors. I've not been involved at all in the transportation industry for some time however so I have no idea how things are today - other than pathetic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sdm said:

The game is on one of the two SEC Network channels. For AT&T Uverse customers that's channel 1608. Not sure about how much scurrying they're going to have to do.

This isn't entirely accurate. It's on SEC ALT, meaning it's not on the regular SEC Network channel and will be unavailable to some folks who get the SEC Network but don't have an expanded package of channels. I know this from experience as one time my in-laws couldn't watch their beloved Klan aggy Bulldogs for the same reason.

I've since upgraded, but not out of a desire to please my in-laws or catch no-so-hot SEC action that's been relegated to the SEC Network's alternate channel because it didn't get picked up by CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, or the SEC Network's primary channel.

Edited by Baconboy
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Baconboy said:

This isn't entirely accurate. It's on SEC ALT, meaning it's not on the regular SEC Network channel and will be unavailable to some folks who get the SEC Network but don't have an expanded package of channels. I know this from experience as one time my in-laws couldn't watch their beloved Klan aggy Bulldogs for the same reason.

I've since upgraded, but not out of a desire to please my in-laws or catch no-so-hot SEC action that's been relegated to the SEC Network's alternate channel because it didn't get picked up by CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, or the SEC Network's primary channel.

Well in Philadelphia it's worth 50 bucks, and on Uverse in the DFW market it's on a Primary Channel. But your point is taken and understood.

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

It really cant be overstated. Aggy wants to compete in SEC football, but they want their black players to keep their mouth shut. A&M's squad is going to be whiter than Wisconsin in a couple of years....we'll see how that works out for them. 

Cultural.  Fit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

I think the fractured locker room is being undersold. Ceiling is 6 wins. 

I'm with you Deej, I think there are some very strong undercurrents coursing through their program right now. As the season proceeds those disgruntlements will come to the surface.

So, looking through guide at SEC games tomorrow...

LSU on CBS

Bama, UF on ESPN

UGA, Barn, Tenn on SECn

aggy gets their own special channel, only game of the day and it’s prime time!  Meanwhile stupid sips have to play the midday loser slot on a dying free channel.  aggy wins yet again.   

• Like 1

True contenders in the sec west all the sudden. They haven't been true contenders in the big 12 since Clinton.

10 minutes ago, leaf said:

I have an aggy coworker that told me their might be some fireworks before the game.  Apparently the corp turds do a walk from somewhere on campus to the stadium.  He said that BLM protesters are planning on blocking their path to the stadium.

To go around them will they have to walk on the sacred grass, or will their heads explode at the paradox? Only time will tell...

10 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

To go around them will they have to walk on the sacred grass, or will their heads explode at the paradox? Only time will tell...

Whether a nazi wannabe or a BLM 2%er, there is one thing all aggy hold sacred. Their administrators just need to park one of these along the way. They will be so distracted that before you know it, errbody will be whooping and tag-teaming livestock like it was 2019. Gig 'em.

image.thumb.png.08ffa1b1d3e071fe79079869af37658f.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

*thar

That'll work, too.

23 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

The aggy football team is wearing a patch today that says “Unified”. Pretty innocuous. But Texags is melting down. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3140105

[Palpatine] Yes, yes, let the butthurt flow through them... [/Palpatine]

Texags is going peak aggy today:

Maybe I've missed this angle from someone else, but it's a thought I've had a lot lately. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Mond saw how good Calzada or King can be and got a little nervous about his job security.

What's one way to make it harder on your coach to bench you in this climate? Answer, turn into a woke SJW. That right there turns him into the victim if he gets benched and replaced.

What Kellen did this off season sure makes it hard as hell for Jimbo to bench him and not have himself and Texas A&M labeled as racists who are only benching him because of his politics.

Some food for thought... several players walked... "opting out," but many fans believing it was because they dropped in the depth chart. If Mond felt HE was passed up by either of the two white guys behind him... even as a 4th year Sr... he just protected his job to start the season. No way a White coach would replace a Black QB and risk the backlash.

Hell, Gundy (OSU) couldn't even wear a t-shirt without damn near getting fired and losing all possibility to coach again. Certainly lost $Milliond, for it.

Makes you think. Makes you realize we are getting played.

Yeah, it could be that Jimbo is so scared of backlash that he's afraid to bench mond. Or, it could be that you dumbfucks gave him a 100% guaranteed $75M contract and since he's just riding it out he doesn't give a shit how the team plays. I wonder which is more likely.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Funny thing is, Footwork King, who appears to be on the aggy payroll, had a twitter meltdown yesterday because his guys (Demond Demas and Spiller) were not getting playing time. He said something like, he was promised (paid less and) Demas (accepted less money because he was also promised he) would play and that he didn't like liars. 

edited

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Texags is going peak aggy today:

Yeah, it could be that Jimbo is so scared of backlash that he's afraid to bench mond. Or, it could be that you dumbfucks gave him a 100% guaranteed $75M contract and since he's just riding it out he doesn't give a shit how the team plays. I wonder which is more likely.

Simplest answer: Mind is still their best bet at QB.  

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Funny thing is, Footwork King, who appears to be in Aggy payroll, had a Twitter meltdown yesterday because his guys (Demond Demas and Spiller) were not getting playing time. He said something like, he was promised Demas would play and that he didn't like liars. 

“The King” needs a success to justify his fees. “Success” used to be pipelines into major D1 programs. He needs “his guys” to kick ass, but “his guys” don’t always do all that well. 

Look back to his bullshit on Twitter when Toniel Carter wasn’t getting carried at UT. The same Toniel Carter who transferred to Sam Houston and, against lesser competition, faded into obscurity. 

But FK didn’t hesitate to blame UT and everything associated with it for Carter’s lack of success. 

Fuck FK. He sells hope. Often false hope. And blames everyone else when what he should be doing is being more honest with the kids he is working with.