• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/27/2020 at 4:25 PM, F250 said:

I had this conversation last night with an aggy friend. He started off bitching about Mond starting as if they had some better option on the bench. I just asked "who would be a better option?" LOL he just said, "hell if I know but Mond sucks ass." He then went on about being tired of this shit. The shit being annually disappointed.

I had to slip in a "Just enjoy each game at a time and accept things as they are, stop expecting a championship that will never happen." LOL He actually agreed then told me to fuck off after realizing it was a jab.

.. and just how long did it take him to realize it??   Something something inquiring minds...

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Pyle is natural grass. They changed to grass during mid to late 90s and we did the same.

I think we changed back to artificial turf around Colt’s senior year. aggy kept theirs, especially after the decision was made to go to SEC.

we got Field Turf after the 2008 season-- the A&M game here was the old grass field's last hurrah, clumping and flying everywhere

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

.. and just how long did it take him to realize it??   Something something inquiring minds...

LOL He didn't pick up on it until I repeated that they will never win a championship. He is actually a pretty smart dude, he was just in a really low place realizing that Jimbo isn't going to win shit. I can kind of relate to the frustration (past 10 years) but aggy was sold on the dream of a new stadium, SEC and a Billion dollar Jimbo contract. Those guys think the Manziel era was the start of something to come and not an anomaly.

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

LOL He didn't pick up on it until I repeated that they will never win a championship. He is actually a pretty smart dude, he was just in a really low place realizing that Jimbo isn't going to win shit. I can kind of relate to the frustration (past 10 years) but aggy was sold on the dream of a new stadium, SEC and a Billion dollar Jimbo contract. Those guys think the Manziel era was the start of something to come and not an anomaly.

Yes. They think what they are told to think. In fish camp, by former fish camp losers, and maintained and polished off by Looch. Rinse/repeat. It is a thing of marvel for the rest of the world. The perfect idiot cycle/loop.

It also never occurs to them that praying for a kid to be severely injured with a likely life-long ailment is not exactly what Jesus would do.
Remember that no one is born an aggy, they choose that lifestyle.  Just one of God's burdens on us that we can't pray the aggy away.
yeah cause Jesus would go all money changers in the temple on his ass. whoop!

It also never occurs to them that Jimbo might know more about football than most Texags posters.  I’m sure he’s not just playing Mond to spite everyone, he’s probably playing him because that’s the best QB they got regardless of whether he actually sucks.
nope. he is playing him to get aggy to fire his ass soonest. get the hell out a that shithole.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 9/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:
Jimbo's not failing, the problem is bigger than him. Aggy just now starting to realize their place

They don't know their place. They fully believe they are among alabama and lsu and not SC and arkie.

Personally, I do not consider a given college football team to have "been in the hunt" for the national championship if they didn't at least finish .500 in conference play. Most legitimate teams at least accomplish a winning record in conference play. 5-3 in the S!E!C! gives a team the right to claim to have been "on the verge of winning it all."

I challenge anyone to offer a legitimate metric for "extreme excellence" in college football lower than a winning record in conference play. It is beyond generous to equate "above .500 in conference play" with "excellence." I'm trying to shade the argument as much as anyone ever has to A&M's favor, while keeping the metric one that can be legitimately defended as "reasonable."

It has been a quarter century since Texas A&M has had back-to-back seasons with a winning record in conference play.

The aggy alumni and supporters have completely lost touch with the concept of establishing reasonable goals toward building a competitive program and holding people accountable for achieving those interim goals. Step-by-step is how success is generated in any large-scale endeavor.

I think even Jimbo has lost contact with the concept a "building a program" and instead has fallen into "the trap of unending futility" which is the belief that somehow Texas A&M is "different" in a way that allows them to just "find" championships, not having to build toward them.

Programs perpetually struggling to finish above .500 in conference play have a consistent and easily identifiable problem - lack of leadership. aggy will never break out of their cycle of perpetual struggle until and unless they have a sharp change of leadership (swidt?). The change would need to be cultural. They would need to accept they actually have to work toward building something, and to admit their previous "savoir as hero" culture that expected just "one final piece of the puzzle" was completely misguided and a product of perpetually poor leadership.

Never. gonna.happen.

Not only do the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M, the people of Texas A&M deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Personally, I do not consider a given college football team to have "been in the hunt" for the national championship if they didn't at least finish .500 in conference play. Most legitimate teams at least accomplish a winning record in conference play. 5-3 in the S!E!C! gives a team the right to claim to have been "on the verge of winning it all."

I challenge anyone to offer a legitimate metric for "extreme excellence" in college football lower than a winning record in conference play. It is beyond generous to equate "above .500 in conference play" with "excellence." I'm trying to shade the argument as much as anyone ever has to A&M's favor, while keeping the metric one that can be legitimately defended as "reasonable."

It has been a quarter century since Texas A&M has had back-to-back seasons with a winning record in conference play.

The aggy alumni and supporters have completely lost touch with the concept of "establishing reasonable goals toward building a competitive program and holding people accountable for achieving those interim goals." Step-by-step is how success is generated in any large-scale endeavor.

I think even Jimbo has lost contact with the concept a "building a program" and instead has fallen into "the trap of unending futility," which is the belief that somehow Texas A&M is "different" in a way that allows them to just "find" championships, not having to build toward them. aggys perpetually believe they are "one savior" away from a championship. "The last piece of the puzzle" is all they need. All the while, none of them can point to any track record of accomplishment that represents the building of a program.

Programs perpetually struggling to finish above .500 in conference play have a consistent and easily identifiable problem - lack of leadership. aggy will never break out of their cycle of perpetual struggle until and unless they have a sharp change of leadership (swidt?). The change would need to be cultural. They would need to accept they actually have to work toward building something, and to admit their previous "savoir as hero" culture that expected just "one final piece of the puzzle" was completely misguided and a product of perpetually poor leadership.

Never. gonna.happen.

Not only do the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M, the people of Texas A&M deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke

9 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
18 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:
It also never occurs to them that Jimbo might know more about football than most Texags posters.  I’m sure he’s not just playing Mond to spite everyone, he’s probably playing him because that’s the best QB they got regardless of whether he actually sucks.

nope. he is playing him to get aggy to fire his ass soonest. get the hell out a that shithole.

I would assume that aggy is going to pull  the ol'  #6 on Jimbo same as Tech did to the Pirate.

9 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
19 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I think I could hang around that shithole for a little while if I were riding a $75MM gravy train.  You don’t have to actually live in town, just get a nice car and commute every day.

20 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I think I could hang around that shithole for a little while if I were riding a $75MM gravy train.  You don’t have to actually live in town, just get a nice car and commute every day.

Jimbo not only gets to hang around town, his job is to essentially "swing for the fence" on every pitch. Every season he helps push the "roller coaster of hype" and when it falls off the tracks, they blame a call or two on a random ref who did nothing wrong, UT Austin (always), they turn on their "hero," and proclaim "wait until next year."

Wash, rinse, repeat. Since 1894.

Think of the aging slugger. Jimbo was hired by John Sharp personally to play designated hitter. Jimbo wasn't hired to be the Bobby Bowden of A&M. He was hired to be their Hero!

Jimbo's job is far easier than people imagine. He knows he doesn't have to do the work of a Scott Frost, Chip Kelly while at Oregon, or Dabo at Clemson. No one is asking Jimbo to "climb the stairs" one step at a time. Jimbo doesn't have to put the effort into maintaining the level of facilities, asking donors for money, actually competing for recruits. None of the stuff that really challenges head coaches. Jimbo is guaranteed. We all know his actual job is to "push the roller coaster of aggy hype."

Few people knowledgeable about college football or Texas A&M expect Jimbo Fisher to last 10 years at Texas A&M. We all know he will never work as a coach again after A&M. Jimbo is running out the clock on his coaching career, swinging at the fence but not building the program, and aggy doesn't have a clue about the long-term forces at play.

Hell no! Swing for the fence every season! Buy the trophy now! Exhaust the financial goodwill of the alumni base!

If a program has the money to throw at facilities, that approach can get you to a chicken sandwich bowl in the good years, and playing in the First Responder Bowl in the tough years.

Which is exactly A&M's track record.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

this is where he lives. and yes, there are hi-lines running down the middle of his property.

image.thumb.png.2c7a54d6d3b132e47e53cb6f96df44c8.png

21 minutes ago, RoundRobin said:

Pool and a pond. The pond would be good for Jimbo. 

He's come a long way since his boyhood home in Appalachia. He had a cement pond back then, too. His College Station home captures the essence of life in West Virginia, except that West Virginia has fewer raw sewage spills.

Trivia fact - Jimbo grew up about a 40 minute drive from where Nick Saban grew up as a kid.

That's his mom. I'm pretty sure he took the job at A&M because aggy women reminded him of his mom. Just taller. aggy women are, on average, closer to 5' tall. I think Jimbo is about 5'2", so his mom looks to be about 4'8". Those velcro sweatpants Jimbo is wearing look like they are from the kid's section at Walmart.

Jimbo personifies aggy culture in this picture. If only the house was a tract home in Katy (obviously, Jimbo had some aggys handle the landscaping). Jimbo not wearing a hat. His mom giving the aggys the "FU" by putting her foot on the grass.

jimbo boyhood home.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It makes it easier to succeed in life if you set your expectations low

This is the twitter pic of the kid. He will fit in well at A&M. Nothing says "aggy rich" like flashing the big bucks on camera. Grab a stack of $1s, throw in a $20 or two, and you too can scream "redneck rich." It is as if this kid was destined since birth to experience the "opulent wealth" that characterizes Texas A&M, "the wealthiest public university in the known galaxy®!" He might as well already start picking out that tract home in Katy.

He's a 2.5 gpa, a couple of trade school-level classes, and a few televised nut squeezes away from a Texas A&M diploma. Hell, this kid might even be silly costume and jizz jar material. You know - "elite aggy."

On a slightly different note:

"There are lots of Aggies who are terrible people. Mond isn't a terrible person but deserves some criticism. Giving a pass to someone just because they went to the same school as you is ridiculous. You'll find that out there first time someone uses their ring to con you."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3141360/replies/57482968

aggy self-awareness.

aggy new acceptance.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

No big deal. aggys are used to bad report cards. It’s why they had to settle for A&M in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I love all the fans blaming their problems on Mond being a bad QB. He’s had a shit OL for two years now with poor skill position talent in a Stone Age offense that doesn’t fit him at all. The $75 mil guaranteed is why aggys want to blame Mond instead of Jimbo, but the reality is the fault is Jimbo’s. If Mond was at Auburn or some school that would actually let him use his legs and give him quick, easy reads, he’d be an above average college QB. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

No big deal. aggys are used to bad report cards. It’s why they had to settle for A&M in the first place. 

I love all the fans blaming their problems on Mond being a bad QB. He’s had a shit OL for two years now with poor skill position talent in a Stone Age offense that doesn’t fit him at all. The $75 mil guaranteed is why aggys want to blame Mond instead of Jimbo, but the reality is the fault is Jimbo’s. If Mond was at Auburn or some school that would actually let him use his legs and give him quick, easy reads, he’d be an above average college QB. 

It's only been like 15 minutes since they were convinced that Mond was the best QB in the state.  

Ahh, seems like just yesterday they had their “almost win” against Clemson solidifying Mond as a legit top-tier QB, getting Demas to accept the bag (or new home with aggy booster) and showing the world that Jimbo was worth every penny of his $75M. 

14 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we're being honest...

Lulz yeah. They already blamed Mond for all their problems last year, but the whole Sul Ross situation is basically just dousing a dumpster fire in lighter fluid. Shit’s gonna get ugly for them. I really hope aggy players decide to kneel at some point this year.  I just wish they had a full stadium so the media could pick up on all the racist comments from fans this year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz yeah. They already blamed Mond for all their problems last year, but the whole Sul Ross situation is basically just dousing a dumpster fire in lighter fluid. Shit’s gonna get ugly for them. I really hope aggy players decide to kneel at some point this year.  I just wish they had a full stadium so the media could pick up on all the racist comments from fans this year. 

Maybe they should kneel during the aggy War Hymn until the statue of Sully is taken down.

Heads. Would. Explode.

• Like 1