• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I love all the fans blaming their problems on Mond being a bad QB. He’s had a shit OL for two years now with poor skill position talent in a Stone Age offense that doesn’t fit him at all. The $75 mil guaranteed is why aggys want to blame Mond instead of Jimbo

Noooooooo, that's not it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Too funny not to share from Texags...

ILuvAgLand

10:07p, 9/27/20

It was pretty nice. I ran into some mixed vandy fans and they were a little lost. I think they were from Houston and were given. Tickets. Anyhow they got lost checking out the campus and were very impressed by it so I walked them to the stadium. They couldn't have been more appreciative and just talking about how amazing the campus is and how nice everyone is. I hope they enjoyed the game
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

You forgot the Sully statue and damn, Looch is one ugly MFer. 

Yeah, but laugh’s on you. While you were doing whatever you did in quarantine, Looch was snackin’ on that sweet government cheese. Looking forward to @Randolph Duke’s full report from his FOIA exercise. Well, the executive summary anyway. 

8 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

This is the twitter pic of the kid. He will fit in well at A&M. Nothing says "aggy rich" like flashing the big bucks on camera. Grab a stack of $1s, throw in a $20 or two, and you too can scream "redneck rich." It is as if this kid was destined since birth to experience the "opulent wealth" that characterizes Texas A&M, "the wealthiest public university in the known galaxy®!" He might as well already start picking out that tract home in Katy.

He's a 2.5 gpa, a couple of trade school-level classes, and a few televised nut squeezes away from a Texas A&M diploma. Hell, this kid might even be silly costume and jizz jar material. You know - "elite aggy."

On a slightly different note:

"There are lots of Aggies who are terrible people. Mond isn't a terrible person but deserves some criticism. Giving a pass to someone just because they went to the same school as you is ridiculous. You'll find that out there first time someone uses their ring to con you."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3141360/replies/57482968

aggy self-awareness.

aggy new acceptance.jpeg

10k in $20s looks like much more of a baller stack than $20k in $100s,  until you do the maths  that looks like about $600 IF those are all 20s..   impressive.  

aggy_nork.jpg

It’s missing something..... I don’t know, hmmm, moar dicks?

No, no, that’s not it, there’s plenty in the background... Wait, moar jars?

No, no... although that could add moar...

What about goose stepping, saber rattling cheerleader chaser or list eater, or dudes with long flowing red sachets flowing from their waist (since this is a formal picture and all)!!!!!1!

Edit to add: great work btw.

There’s not enough room to add all the aggy folklore heroes. I’d like to see the cadet with the sword vs SMU cheerleader personally. Or the bloodied fan who defended the walls of the Alamo against tech. Or Hamm. Or crying Javorskie. Damn, just too many greats!

15 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Personally, I do not consider a given college football team to have "been in the hunt" for the national championship if they didn't at least finish .500 in conference play. Most legitimate teams at least accomplish a winning record in conference play. 5-3 in the S!E!C! gives a team the right to claim to have been "on the verge of winning it all."

I challenge anyone to offer a legitimate metric for "extreme excellence" in college football lower than a winning record in conference play. It is beyond generous to equate "above .500 in conference play" with "excellence." I'm trying to shade the argument as much as anyone ever has to A&M's favor, while keeping the metric one that can be legitimately defended as "reasonable."

It has been a quarter century since Texas A&M has had back-to-back seasons with a winning record in conference play.

The aggy alumni and supporters have completely lost touch with the concept of establishing reasonable goals toward building a competitive program and holding people accountable for achieving those interim goals. Step-by-step is how success is generated in any large-scale endeavor.

I think even Jimbo has lost contact with the concept a "building a program" and instead has fallen into "the trap of unending futility" which is the belief that somehow Texas A&M is "different" in a way that allows them to just "find" championships, not having to build toward them.

Programs perpetually struggling to finish above .500 in conference play have a consistent and easily identifiable problem - lack of leadership. aggy will never break out of their cycle of perpetual struggle until and unless they have a sharp change of leadership (swidt?). The change would need to be cultural. They would need to accept they actually have to work toward building something, and to admit their previous "savoir as hero" culture that expected just "one final piece of the puzzle" was completely misguided and a product of perpetually poor leadership.

Never. gonna.happen.

Not only do the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M, the people of Texas A&M deserve better than Texas A&M.

The people of Texas A&M don't deserve shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tejas60 said:

this is where he lives. and yes, there are hi-lines running down the middle of his property.

image.thumb.png.2c7a54d6d3b132e47e53cb6f96df44c8.png

Holy shit, he lives out past Foxfire? I mean, it's not a poor neighborhood, but he's living next to gas station owners and ditch diggers. I would have thought he'd be in Indian Lakes at the very least.

He really does fit in at aTm. That whole area is not just "new money", it's "new money that doesn't know what the hell to do with it."

Too bad he sucks so much they're going to kick him to the curb in a couple of years -- if that's where he chose to live, then he'd have been happy there forever.

edit:  I should also mention, there's a landfill about a mile away. Not that he'd notice such a thing.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Holy shit, he lives out past Foxfire? I mean, it's not a poor neighborhood, but he's living next to gas station owners and ditch diggers. I would have thought he'd be in Indian Lakes at the very least.

He really does fit in at aTm. That whole area is not just "new money", it's "new money that doesn't know what the hell to do with it."

Too bad he sucks so much they're going to kick him to the curb in a couple of years -- if that's where he chose to live, then he'd have been happy there forever.

edit:  I should also mention, there's a landfill about a mile away. Not that he'd notice such a thing.

Jimbo's "arrangement" begs the question of whether any of us would wholeheartedly immerse ourselves in a racist, backwater culture for a decade for $75 million.

Jimbo (FSU) and Tubervile (Tech) both understood they had worn out their welcome and neither wanted to take a step back to perpetuate their coaching careers. So they jumped. We get the dynamics. We all have repeatedly seen it throughout college and professional athletics.

LSU would have been problematic for Jimbo because they would have realistic expectations. LSU doesn't have the cultural baggage that A&M does, so the LSU job would never allow for the excuses that are de rigueur at Texas A&M. A&M was desperate to assert some sore of legitimacy as a program that should be taken seriously, and on the surface, Jimbo Fisher carried some level of competency (we see the same with Mack brown at UNC or Les Miles at Kansas. Both programs going nowhere that needed adult supervision). Woodward did right by his friend, although we all know the real party responsible for Jimbo is John Sharp.

The long-term price for the Jimbo Fisher contract is that Jimbo isn't laying a foundation that will support the program moving forward. I don't see any members of Jimbo's coaching staff who appear destined for greater opportunities (am I being delicate enough with my words?). I struggle to see any impressive examples of player development. He unquestionably has not had a signature win at A&M. His A&M teams have lacked any discernible identity.

So we know why Jimbo agreed to coach at A&M, and it wasn't because he saw an opportunity to win national (or even conference) championships. He isn't building a program capable of delivering long-term stability to a chronically inept program.

And the question remains, "Could you live a lie for a decade immersed at the highest levels of aggy culture for $75 mil?" Or, at some time during that contract (well after you had already banked more than enough money for your needs, wants, and desires) would your ethical self come out and bluntly explain to aggydom why their program has been what it has been, is what it is, and will probably forever be nothing else?

Edited by Randolph Duke

20 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Jimbo's "arrangement" begs the question of whether any of us would wholeheartedly immerse ourselves in a racist, backwater culture for a decade for $75 million.

It's possible to live in College Station and not immerse yourself in that culture. I did it, and remained relatively unscathed, for 18 years.

But you have to 1) live in an area predominantly populated by professors, who overwhelmingly come from other parts of the country, 2) focus on hippie-dippy self-reliance like gardening and backyard chickens, so as to minimize the need for "trips to town" and 3) maintain the ability to connect with other like-minded "non-aggy" residents of aggyland.

Jimbo has done none of these things.  One of his kids, I grant, was involved with a talent scout who has put a ton of folk into profitable Hollywood positions (you'd be amazed how successful people who leave College Station because they don't fit in turn out to be -- Lyle Lovett is just the most well-known example. The angsty teenage X-men character in Deadpool? Yeah, Bryan, TX export), but otherwise, his family is aggy through and through. Trash to their core.

Fisher and aggy were made for each other. That is not a compliment to either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's possible to live in College Station and not immerse yourself in that culture. I did it, and remained relatively unscathed, for 18 years.

But you have to 1) live in an area predominantly populated by professors, who overwhelmingly come from other parts of the country, 2) focus on hippie-dippy self-reliance like gardening and backyard chickens, so as to minimize the need for "trips to town" and 3) maintain the ability to connect with other like-minded "non-aggy" residents of aggyland.

Jimbo has done none of these things.  One of his kids, I grant, was involved with a talent scout who has put a ton of folk into profitable Hollywood positions (you'd be amazed how successful people who leave College Station because they don't fit in turn out to be -- Lyle Lovett is just the most well-known example. The angsty teenage X-men character in Deadpool? Yeah, Bryan, TX export), but otherwise, his family is aggy through and through. Trash to their core.

Serious question - how often did you get out of B/CS to eat in a decent restaurant, interact with interesting people, or just live the life of an adult? And where did you go?

Personally, I can't even stand to drive through College Station. Being Asian, the wife won't even consider visiting B/CS to see for herself. She has already seen enough of aggy culture to understand who they are. Living there? No fucking way in Hell. Couldn't do it.

Most of those poor souls have zero real choice in life concerning who they work for, where they live, how they provide for themselves. I could not image having to live adjacent to, let alone immersed in, aggy culture.

As for Jimbo, I think he fully realizes he is taking money under false pretenses, but if you consider how aggy culture perpetually (and ignorantly) careens from "hero" to "hero" and factor in that John Sharp hired him to play the role of "hero" (not to somehow surmount the cultural baggage that is the core of their problem), I guess Jimbo did his part and he is entitled to reap the benefit. At least until they (yet again) tire of him and careen off towards their next "hero savior." In the mean time fleece the living hell out of them and in return give them their (turditional) pablum of fairy tales and false hope.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

olin compilation.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

Negasonic teenage warhead.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Serious question - how often did you get out of B/CS to eat in a decent restaurant, interact with interesting people, or just live the life of an adult? And where did you go?

There are good (not great, but good) restaurants in Bryan. There are also interesting people who work at aTm. They didn't go there, of course, but they exist. There's an oceanic archaeology professor who lived two doors down from us who has the most remarkable collection of colonial and Revolutionary War era muskets (he went to college in Vermont). And College Station is quite literally two hours in any direction from something interesting. It may suck as a destination, but it is a remarkably convenient starting point.

Hell, just 15 minutes up the road in Hearne is a WWII prisoner of war camp that is one of the better historical sites I've ever visited. And you can stop at Penny's Diner (converted airstream that is a perfect 50's style counter burger joint) on the way back.

You couldn't pay me enough to move back there, but if you want to live a life worth living, it is, in fact, possible to do there, just like it would be if you were living somewhere decent.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

There are good (not great, but good) restaurants in Bryan. There are also interesting people who work at aTm. They didn't go there, of course, but they exist. There's an oceanic archaeology professor who lived two doors down from us who has the most remarkable collection of colonial and Revolutionary War era muskets (he went to college in Vermont). And College Station is quite literally two hours in any direction from something interesting. It may suck as a destination, but it is a remarkably convenient starting point.

Hell, just 15 minutes up the road in Hearne is a WWII prisoner of war camp that is one of the better historical sites I've ever visited. And you can stop at Penny's Diner (converted airstream that is a perfect 50's style counter burger joint) on the way back.

You couldn't pay me enough to move back there, but if you want to live a life worth living, it is, in fact, possible to do there, just like it would be if you were living somewhere decent.

Couldn't do it, personally. But I do find it fascinating how intellectual individuals end up in College Station, Texas.

aggy culture erases unpleasant truths and exaggerates positives, enforcing all as dogma (with physical violence at times). I couldn't live in a community or culture that doesn't allow academic integrity or intellectual honesty, and instead enforces the "supremacy" of white, male privilege above all.

I get enough death threats from those immersed in aggy culture as it is. No way in Hell could I live there. And, as I said, with the wife being Asian, I would never put her into the racist sewer that is College Station, Texas. She has earned the right not to ever have to interact with aggy.

I wish more people were spared having to tolerate aggy culture. I find Texas A&M an embarrassment to the reputation of the state of Texas.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

Olin Buchanan is an objectively bad writer, somehow has a heisman vote, and just had a tweet so bad that TexAgs said it was too offensive to keep up (which is incredible).

Hey, at least Olin didn't say "Spencer Rattler".

3 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

Olin Buchanan is an objectively bad writer, somehow has a heisman vote, and just had a tweet so bad that TexAgs said it was too offensive to keep up (which is incredible).

Edited by nnm
NM

12 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

And the question remains, "Could you live a lie for a decade immersed at the highest levels of aggy culture for $75 mil?" Or, at some time during that contract (well after you had already banked more than enough money for your needs, wants, and desires) would your ethical self come out and bluntly explain to aggydom why their program has been what it has been, is what it is, and will probably forever be nothing else?

Hell, if they gave me his contract I would tell them what’s what before the ink was even dry, dare them to fire me for telling the truth.  $75M GUARANTEED.  

i mean, if they wanted to fire me right away and negotiate a settlement, I would certainly oblige.  I would be willing to allow them to pay me out at the agreed upon 7:5M over the following 10 years rather than pay that lump sum at the time of termination.   I’m not that big of an asshole, pretty reasonable if you ask me.   

I don't remember which poster mentioned earlier they couldn't stand driving through college station but I agree. For the last several weeks I've had to drive through Bryan and that's close enough to give me the willies. Can't stand any part of that entire damned area.

Edited by SHOOTER12