Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

A&M's reaction to everything that's happened in CFB the past month or so just typifies their myopia. "We shoulda been number four! We shoulda been in the playoff instead of Ohio State/Notre Dame!" became "We shoulda been number two in the poll after the playoff!" Their focus was always on why Notre Dame shouldn't be in, why Ohio State shouldn't have been in, why Ohio State didn't deserve to be more popular in the post-season popularity poll. It's all about what other people think of them. "We should be thought of as better than anyone else except for Alabama!"
Not "CFB needs to expand the playoff, because good teams are getting squeezed out like a Cadet's misshapen testicle". The Aggies didn't care when TCU and Baylor got left out in 2014, or when UCF didn't get a shot, or when Ohio State went when they didn't win their conference and didn't go when they did. Regardless of program, most fans you talk to think the CFP should be expanded and it's just a question of "how many" and "when". Not A&M! When it comes to the playoffs, Aggies have three major points they want you to hear:
1) OUR 2020 TEAM DESERVED TO GO IN THE DANG PLAYOFF AND COULDA WON THE WHOLE THING 
2) HOW COME MORE SEC TEAMS WUDN'T IN THE DANG PLAYOFF (any other year)
3) OUR 2012 TEAM WOULDA WON THE WHOLE THING IF THEY'DA HAD A DANG PLAYOFF
aggy , aggy whioop eh

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Remember when they insisted Texas' recruiting was entirely driven by the insatiable desire of every Black, male, urban high school athlete to drive a 3/4-ton Ford farm truck? How many 3/4-ton Ford farm trucks has anyone seen driving around campus? Most ags dream of a 3/4-ton Ford farm truck, therefore they believe everyone must want to someday own a 3/4-ton Ford farm truck, right? After all, what vehicle is better suited to drive and park in Austin that a 3/4-ton Ford farm truck? Whoop!

Yeah F250s and bass boats.  Of course that's what the kids want most.

Part of being an aggy is to obsess over goals that are utterly meaningless to other cultures. When I was making calls to debunk aggy's comical claim "they supplied more officers to the military during WWII than West Point and Annapolis combined," I asked a LtCol in the history department how many officers came from West Point, he replied "Who Cares?" When I mentioned it was to determine if the claims of Texas A&M were true, his was response was "That sounds like something those people would tell themselves."
It's all part of the syndrome where aggys need to convince themselves it is ok to be an aggy. Regardless of how cringeworthy their antics seem to others.
1240541496_aggycontroltide.jpeg.aa634643dc51d65b29a9c93e6a99c3a7.jpeg
controll the tide? wtf? what about gain you stupid fucks? or all or persil? or makers mark or kirkland you goat fuckers?

idoits.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, markstanco said:

This is totally made up.  If not he would post links.  

Yep... saw on a premium thread where their fans were posting about how many of their players could start for Bama in Sark's scheme.

well, what the Aggie isn't telling you is, in said thread 100% of our fans are saying "it's a fucking travesty that none of our players could start for Bama, that's a good enough reason to fire Herman"

35 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

aggy- Them sips is skeered to play us! They ain't SEC! SEC! good! WHOOP!

CDC- Ok, lets play

aggy- uhh...nah man, we're all full

also aggy:

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/01/14/utsa-texas-a-m-schedule-nonconference-matchup-for-2025?ref=article_preview_img  

Texas A&M will never be taken seriously on the national stage until and unless they deliver an absolute ass kicking to UT.

Until that time, they will always be “the other team from Texas.” 

No one is buying their bullshit that being in the same conference as Vanderbilt, Arky, South Carolina and Mississippi State automaticity makes them a top-tier player. 

The fact sportswriters still can’t differentiate them from Texas Tech says a lot. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Texas A&M will never be taken seriously on the national stage until and unless they deliver an absolute ass kicking to UT.
Until that time, they will always be “the other team from Texas.” 
No one is buying their bullshit that being in the same conference as Vanderbilt, Arky, South Carolina and Mississippi State automaticity makes them a top-tier player. 
The fact sportswriters still can’t differentiate them from Texas Tech says a lot. 
aggy

McElroy was discussing Sark and how he expected Texas to control instate recruiting, despite aggy in the secsecsec. He also mentioned that aggy does try to use this to their advantage with the sec logo being larger that the atm logo on their recruiting paraphernalia. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

aggy- Them sips is skeered to play us! They ain't SEC! SEC! good! WHOOP!

CDC- Ok, lets play

aggy- uhh...nah man, we're all full

also aggy:

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/01/14/utsa-texas-a-m-schedule-nonconference-matchup-for-2025?ref=article_preview_img  

You realize that we have UTSA on the schedule five times in the next ten years, right?

38 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

The point is we offered to play them, but they said their schedule was full when it clearly wasn’t.

Back in 2009, Kansas was pulling in around $6 mil/yr in T3 revenues. Deloss saw this and realized T3 revenues offered an opportunity. He approached Bill Byrne at A&M. Why wasn't Deloss successful in building a joint T3 model? Texas A&M was having none of it.

In 2011, Deloss saw the opportunity to help promote high school sports by broadcasting high school games via the school's T3 outlets. Why was Deloss not successful in promoting high school sports? Texas A&M was having none of it.

Fast forward to the Covid season of 2020. How many parents, high school athletes, and sports fans wished high school content could be enjoyed on various television channels (instead of the games largely being played only in front of empty stands?). Across the south, especially, people very much would have benefited from more high school games having been televised this past season. If only it weren't for Texas A&M holding back high school and collegiate sports.

And now we come to the possibility of Texas A&M playing Texas or UTSA. Which of the two opponents would people rather see? Why will those fans have to settle for the lesser game, as opposed to aggy/UT? Inarguably because of Texas A&M.

The aggys are just bad to understanding how to use the media to promote their athletics programs. They have been an impediment to the best interests of the players, the fans, and of the various schools affected by their bad decisions.

The people of Texas, as well as fans of high school and collegiate sports, deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, Bill Lumbergh said:

At the height of some of our better seasons I remember laughing at texags declaring that we were overrated and how they'd wipe the floor with us. So I won't do that.

They're having a good season. After the schedule shake up and player opt outs I thought they'd crater. That Florida win looks better than I thought it was at the time.

I think they're getting the sec treatment in the rankings but their record is pretty strong, with the win over Florida and the only loss to Bama (and what a loss it was). South Carolina isn't good, but that was an epic beat down.

The only silver lining I can find is that it should help our urgency to make the right next move. The contract aggy gave Jimbo was beyond insane, but at least they're starting to see results. Maybe he didn't just go there to pad his retirement after all.

They took a big risk and appear to be seeing some returns. We have a chance to make a much less risky move and quickly close the gap. Will we do it?

Have any of the 4/5 starting senior linemen declared they're coming back to school?

91096588_198173174966481_8157046985719808000_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=I1L-QrbGJTIAX-1YwD3&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=9dc330248735135028dd5d2482144939&oe=602ACE8C
When I was in my twenties (mid 80s) I went on a date with a gal that had a bunch of tattoos. She was a little older and was kind of a biker chick (I wasn't a rider). I hadn't banged her yet and we decided to go to the Laff Stop. We're sitting up front and the comedian asks if anyone has tattoos. She raises her hand and he asks her where. She rolls her lip down to show it says "Panhead" inside. He was like, "Holy shit!" Then he looks at me and says, "You look like you didn't know that was there." I said, "She told me she had a tattoo on her lip, but that's not where I thought she was talking about." Comedian laughed his ass off for 5 minutes.

/csb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Sure is.

What is a one-year online MS in sports management from A&M going to teach Sean Salisbury at this stage of his career? At almost 60 yrs old, shouldn't he be guest lecturing at programs like that?

The two MS programs aggy should seriously consider are MS in Military History, to help veterans who have undergrads better transition to the civilian economy, and a MS in Municipal Finance so the dumbfuck elected officials throughout the state get some understanding or how cities, counties, and states (should) manage their financial affairs.

But A&M would be one of the last schools to offer programs like that.

28 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Sean Salisbury steak is a radio host on some station in Houston. he's an arrogant dumbass, so he should fit in well at aggy.

He used to be on ESPN Radio. He was definitely a loudmouth douche. I'd listen at times in my college days. I think he used to be a talking head on one of the NFL shows on ESPN at that time, too.

Did I see that A&M now has the largest Qanon cohort among its alumni than any other SEC school now that LSU is shut down?  

Well done Aggies.  It beats trying to do academics and athletics.  

43 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Now you of all people should know they’re not big into actual history.

One of the big issues for the ags would be that a MS in Military History to help veterans transition into the civilian economy would place actual veterans in close proximity to the kiddies in the Corps. They ridicule the veterans would subject the "snowflakes in costumes" to would probably scar them for life and necessitate many of them transferring to the mentally challenged campus they created down there year before last.

They could easily pull it off with the aid of the major defense firms looking for mid-level STEM-types with time in uniform. Except for the fact they are aggys. And they don't know a fucking thing about military matters. Other than that....

One of the schools in Texas (U of H?) very much needs to create a MS/Municipal Finance program. A one-year program to help those with political ambitions learn at least something about managing municipal finances.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The two MS programs aggy should seriously consider are MS in Military History

Who else reads books about submarines?

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He used to be on ESPN Radio. He was definitely a loudmouth douche. I'd listen at times in my college days. I think he used to be a talking head on one of the NFL shows on ESPN at that time, too.

He had a problem with sending dong shots 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fired-espn-sportscaster-sean-salisbury-yes-those-were-my-genitals-on-cellphone/#app

• Hook 'Em 3

Yea from on set at espn to Radio in houston. Not good! But he knows his fan base. Houston loves aggy.

So things are determined, things are settled. So what happens now? What do we do? What do we think?

I guess we are supposed to wait for games and such, maybe opine about the spring game? This is scary. We haven’t had to do this for Some time....just wait for games and criticize later.. that seems strange. Is there hope or anything . Is it good is it bad? Yes I know there will always be pictures of girls with great features and such, but really what happens now?