Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Has aggy beaten a B12 school since OU in the Cotton Bowl during that magical Johnny Football season that propelled them to the very top echelon of the SEC elite football powers?

Unfortunately, since joining the SEC, they beat OSU last year, and WVU a few years back. KState did beat them in that interim if my memory serves me correctly.

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Yet again, the aggy jokes write themselves.

Texas A&M is probably the only place on the planet where "diversity" is assumed to mean "exclusively white people."

Student body president candidates talk importance of diversity at A&M

aggy student body pres.jpeg

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Texas A&M is probably the only place on the planet where "diversity" is assumed to mean "exclusively white people."

Feldman might be Jewish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Martin looks gay, so they got that.

I haven't looked into it to figure out the whole story, but the ags are bleating something about one of the new UT football coaches, a pole dancer and a monkey.

Whatever.

I saw a picture of said monkey that some aggy posted and realized (yet again) the rednecks are utterly clueless.

That's no monkey. That's Johnny Manziel.

monkey manziel.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy ring talk sure not going away anytime soon.

As originators of the class ring, one of the West Point traditions is using rings from former grads and having them used as part of the total melt of a given class' rings.  Many of these are belonging to veterans and even donated by families of KIA.  There is meaning and substance there...as continuation of The Long Gray Line.

aggy slightly altered the process to include mason jars.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

As originators of the class ring, one of the West Point traditions is using rings from former grads and having them used as part of the total melt of a given class' rings.  Many of these are belonging to veterans and even donated by families of KIA.  There is meaning and substance there...as continuation of The Long Gray Line.

aggy slightly altered the process to include mason jars.

John Landis Mason patented the mason jar in 1858, prior to the formation of aggy skool.  Unfortunately, John died in 1902 impoverished and probably aware of what aggy was doing with his invention.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So Jimbo is a mountain hillbily.  Does he like and purty mouth?

Jimbo and Nick Saban are both from WVa. That's not Nick Saban in the picture with Jimbo. It's Jimbo's mom in front of Jimbo's boyhood home. I love the landscaping. The telephone pole in the front yard adds a lot. I'm thinking Jimbo had the aggys re-landscape his mom's property. It looks like it was landscaped by an aggy.

And yes, the whole Fisher family is shorter than 4 feet tall and they only shop for clothes at Walmart.

jimbo boyhood home.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

33 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Jimbo and Nick Saban are both from WVa. That's not Nick Saban in the picture with Jimbo. It's Jimbo's mom in front of Jimbo's boyhood home. I love the landscaping. The telephone pole in the front yard adds a lot. I'm thinking Jimbo had the aggys re-landscape his mom's property. It looks like it was landscaped by an aggy.

And yes, the whole Fisher family is shorter than 4 feet tall and they only shop for clothes at Walmart.

jimbo boyhood home.jpeg

Looks like they put an above ground pool in the ground. Classy.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 7:05 AM, Burt Macklin said:

As always, Looch and aggy brag about their conference but can never accomplish anything themselves.

aggy lost at home last night to Abilene Christian. 😂

ACU baseball is legit. ACU and DBU have strong baseball programs, and are more than capable of beating Big State U on any given day. College baseball is a different paradigm than CFB. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The aggys never fail to deliver.

This idiot is covering baseball for texags (see attached). The ags start the weekend with a win over a bumbling Baylor squad that decided they would rather sleepwalk rather than play baseball.

The writer's opening line for his story on the game:

"Just like old times, eh?"

As if Texas A&M owned Baylor (or any team) in baseball (or any other sport) during their SWC or B12 years. Remember, A&M has two CWS game wins in school history, the first in the 1960s, their most recent in 1993. Not CWS championships, CWS wins.

Thirty years without winning a single CWS game.

Fast forward to his article on aggy's Sunday loss to close out the Round Rock Classic:

"Offensive futility and bullpen instability."

Oh, how the mighty have fallen so quickly.

Lol. Yea, just like old times. 

aggy baseball weekend.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggys never fail to deliver.

This idiot is covering baseball for texags (see attached). The ags start the weekend with a win over a bumbling Baylor squad that decided they would rather sleepwalk rather than play baseball.

The writer's opening line for his story on the game:

"Just like old times, eh?"

As if Texas A&M owned Baylor (or any team) in baseball (or any other sport) during their SWC or B12 years. Remember, A&M has two CWS game wins in school history, the first in the 1960s, their most recent in 1993. Not CWS championships, CWS wins.

Thirty years without winning a single CWS game.

Fast forward to his article on aggy's Sunday loss to close out the Round Rock Classic:

"Offensive futility and bullpen instability."

Oh, how the mighty have fallen so quickly.

Lol. Yea, just like old times. 

aggy baseball weekend.jpeg

But they lost to another SEC team so they still win

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1556918832_jimboboyhoodhome.thumb.jpeg.56832b55dac07deee0b0d906ecb83ac9.jpeg

That’s the stupidest looking house I’ve seen in a while. What’s going on upstairs? Looks like the house was assembled from different sets of plans and wheeled into place.

Add in the above ground pool 800 feet away to top it all off.

24 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

That’s the stupidest looking house I’ve seen in a while. What’s going on upstairs? Looks like the house was assembled from different sets of plans and wheeled into place.

Add in the above ground pool 800 feet away to top it all off.

cement ponds ain't cheap! who do you think they are, the Clampetts or somethin?

Aggy basketball dropped below .500 with a loss today to go to 8-9.  Wasn't Looch and the rest of them goofballs proclaiming Buzz Williams as a big time hire that would lead them to yearly sweet 16's every year?  I know the gigem' board was saying Jimbo + Buzz was the top football/basketball coaching duo/hires in all of college sports

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Randolph Duke said:

jimbo boyhood home.jpeg

You would think this cheap motherfucker would buy his Mom a nice house and maybe some clothes from somewhere other than Walmart. Then again aggy's are cheap bastards with no class. Makes sense. 

Hook'em 

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy basketball dropped below .500 with a loss today to go to 8-9.  Wasn't Looch and the rest of them goofballs proclaiming Buzz Williams as a big time hire that would lead them to yearly sweet 16's every year?  I know the gigem' board was saying Jimbo + Buzz was the top football/basketball coaching duo/hires in all of college sports

A&M hopes to one day challenge Kentucky for Southeastern Conference supremacy. A&M hopes to become an annual participant in March Madness. A&M hopes to duplicate the feats of Auburn and Texas Tech and step over fallen bluebloods on the way to the Final Four.

That’s why Williams is here. He’s why it seems possible.

Buchanan fawning...I'm sure there's more out there 

https://texags.com/s/31866/buzzs-opening-act-illustrates-why-hes-the-perfect-fit-for-aggies

• Hook 'Em 2

(Yet) another example of how aggys see Texas A&M vs reality. This time, it involves facilities. A&M has a new track stadium. As aggys explain:

"The $39.8 million, 90,500-square foot E.B. Cushing Stadium opened on Texas A&M’s west campus on April 6, 2019, giving the Aggie track and field program one of the nation’s finest collegiate facilities to call home.

Cushing Stadium has an initial seating capacity of 2,200 with ample room to expand for large meets or championships. The stadium features hospitality amenities, full broadcast capabilities and service areas, and a press box. It also has team meeting rooms, locker rooms, an athlete lounge, a training room, official’s quarters, equipment storage and a grand lobby highlighting the championship history of Aggie track and field.
" https://12thman.com/facilities/e-b-cushing-stadium/49

$39.8 million for a track facility that, at 2,200 capacity can't dream of hosting high school events such as the Texas state track & field championships which can bring in as many as 20,000 on a good day. (FYI, Arky paid $35 mil for their track stadium, but Arky's project was in 1998 dollars, so already you can tell A&M ran out of money when it came time to replacing their outdoor track facility that had been condemned by safety officials well over a decade ago.)

Wonder what one of the nation’s finest (if not THE finest) collegiate facilities costs?

"Then there is the University of Oregon’s Hayward Field, a 100-year-old facility that will soon reopen after receiving a stunning, amenity-rich renovation. The overhaul, really a reconstruction, features a stone base that refers to the state’s Cascade mountain range and a curling, transparent overhang supported by timber beams meant to echo fir forests. It glistens with modern training facilities, a health clinic and even a barbershop.

The official cost of the renovation: $270,047,937, according to an Oregon athletics financial report." https://www.wsj.com/articles/oregon-track-nike-phil-knight-hayward-field-11615169965

So when you find yourself "oh"ing and "ah"ing (or, possibly laughing) at "the $39.8 million, 90,500-square foot E.B. Cushing Stadium opened on Texas A&M’s west campus on April 6, 2019," remember it is nowhere close to being "one of the nation’s finest collegiate facilities."

But when you spend far too much to rebuild your football stadium, you run out of money. Which is what happened at Texas A&M. Which is why they have a track stadium too small to host high school events.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

(Yet) another example of how aggys see Texas A&M vs reality. This time, it involves facilities. A&M has a new track stadium. As aggys explain:

"The $39.8 million, 90,500-square foot E.B. Cushing Stadium opened on Texas A&M’s west campus on April 6, 2019, giving the Aggie track and field program one of the nation’s finest collegiate facilities to call home.

Cushing Stadium has an initial seating capacity of 2,200 with ample room to expand for large meets or championships. The stadium features hospitality amenities, full broadcast capabilities and service areas, and a press box. It also has team meeting rooms, locker rooms, an athlete lounge, a training room, official’s quarters, equipment storage and a grand lobby highlighting the championship history of Aggie track and field.

$39.8 million for a track facility that, at 2,200 capacity can't dream of hosting high school events such as the Texas state track & field championships which can bring in as many as 20,000 on a good day. (FYI, Arky paid $35 mil for their track stadium, but Arky's project was in 1998 dollars, so already you can tell A&M ran out of money when it came time to replacing their outdoor track facility that had been condemned by safety officials well over a decade ago.)

Wonder what one of the nation’s finest (if not THE finest) collegiate facilities costs?

"Then there is the University of Oregon’s Hayward Field, a 100-year-old facility that will soon reopen after receiving a stunning, amenity-rich renovation. The overhaul, really a reconstruction, features a stone base that refers to the state’s Cascade mountain range and a curling, transparent overhang supported by timber beams meant to echo fir forests. It glistens with modern training facilities, a health clinic and even a barbershop.

The official cost of the renovation: $270,047,937, according to an Oregon athletics financial report." https://www.wsj.com/articles/oregon-track-nike-phil-knight-hayward-field-11615169965

So when you find yourself "oh"ing and "ah"ing (or, possibly laughing) at "the $39.8 million, 90,500-square foot E.B. Cushing Stadium opened on Texas A&M’s west campus on April 6, 2019," remember it is nowhere close to being "one of the nation’s finest collegiate facilities."

But when you spend far too much to rebuild your football stadium, you run out of money. Which is what happened at Texas A&M. Which is why they have a track stadium too small to host high school events.

What are the odds the track is short?

• Haha 4

Every once in awhile, I am tempted to go read texags......then I remember what we're dealing with and I stop.  

I picture them starting an underground Qanon site since their mainstream one got taken down.  Can you imagine the clusterfuck of 12 Aggies trying to start a dark-web message...how quickly it denigrates?  

"Fellas, fellas...please.  We're here to discuss how the lizard cabal of pedophiles has failed to acknowledge our 17 national championships.  We can't just dive right into jizz jars and sheep.  You see...we build to that."  

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

WTF...Oregon spent $270 million on a track stadium renovation? I guess it doesnt matter how much it costs if Phil Knight strokes a check for it, but goddamn. 

Eugene is pretty much track mecca in the United States and has been for a long time, that field hosts Olympic trials and US athletic championships all the time. And the Prefontaine Classic. I think it's slated to hold the world championships, too. That reno is as much about establishing Nike as the premier track brand as it is about Oregon. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

If the track is the correct dimensions then it is a success relative to their cement pond 

https://lsusports.net/news/2008/11/21/3621109.aspx

• Hook 'Em 1

WTF...Oregon spent $270 million on a track stadium renovation? I guess it doesnt matter how much it costs if Phil Knight strokes a check for it, but goddamn. 
The markup on Nike gear vs what it costs to manufacture is..

quite remarkable.
  • Hook 'Em 1