• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Danimal said:

I accept the AP rankings up until the bowl games are played. Re-ranking teams based on bowl game performance is worthless, especially when a non-playoff team is re-ranked in the top 4. How can anyone defend that?

Remember we are talking about a fan base that claims a conference title in a year they lost the conference championship game, and another in a year they weren't even in the conference championship game. 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Liucci acts as if football is the only sport Texas has an impressive list of achievements in. 

He ignores the fact Texas has more NCAA national championships in one sport than aggy has in all sports, both genders.

For all the blather Luicci spews, he has never touched the subject of how A&M has won only two freaking CWS games in school history, the most recent over a quarter century ago. 

A&M athletics sucks. In every sport. They have fewer NCAA team championships than U of H. Fewer individual NCAA champions than UTEP. The “mighty military academy” is afraid to even field a team in NCAA gun sports. Their “mighty” football team hasn’t had consecutive winning seasons in conference play since the 1990s. 

None of these facts Liucci cares to discuss. Because he can’t defend the fact that aggy athletics has traditionally been laughable. 

If Liucci wants to educate us, he can explain why Texas A&M has a shrine to a fucking white supremacist at the center of their campus. 

Fewer NFL Hall of Famers than Texas A&M King Ranch.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Haha 1

Dammit, we did not see the “no take-backs” clause when those idiots joined the SEC. But we get some credit for mocking their weird, wanna-be, cult asses whenever they start to Aggie.

Which is constantly.
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Give them their due. The #4 AP ranking is legit.

Negating generally accepted contemporary ratings is as b.s. as ex post facto creation of phantom championships by fairy tale ratings methodologies. 

Generally accepted until replaced by something more legitimate and recognized as the standard. 

16 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is the AP used for anything now?

No. RD is a fucking rube. 

13 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The final AP poll has always been the final poll. The final UPI poll was always the final UPI poll.

Negating the final AP poll because the BCS (a completely different ranking system) had a different outcome makes no sense. College football fans have never accepted only one ranking system as acceptable. Remember the BCS does not put out a final poll, so the AP poll is essentially the de facto final poll we are using at this time.

Remember back to the end of the 1970 season. UPI (coaches) named Texas #1, AP (sportswriters) named Nebraska #1 (mostly because Texas lost in the bowl game). Both were reputable polls at the time. 

The ags have long bleated that the final 1970 UPI poll results "must be" invalidated because the sportswriters arrived at a different national champion. Bullshit.

Both Texas and Nebraska have a legitimate claim to the 1970 national championship.

In the final AP poll after the 2020 season, A&M finished 4th. It's a historical fact. Before casting their ballots, the sportswriters were presumably well aware of the existence of the BCS rankings. I give the sportswriters credit for taking the BCS rankings into consideration before making their final votes for the 2020 season ranking. Obviously, they wanted to give Notre Dame a slap by dropping them below A&M. That was A&M's consolation gift for not being included in the BCS semi-finals.

2020 stands as the single greatest accomplishment in aggy men's sports in any of our lifetimes. Pure "aggy magic." I doubt we will see that level of excitement and thrilling accomplishment ever again from an aggy men's sports team.

2020 was also the season the thrilling Kellen Mond cemented his legacy of the greatest aggy quarterback of all time. Mond leaves with school records for career passing touchdowns (71), passing yards (9,661), completions (801), attempts (1,358) and total offense (11,269). Never has there been such a talent at Texas A&M.

Their 2020 commemorative cup will unquestionably have a massive display in the aggy Hall of Champions. I'm sure there will soon be a Kellen Mond statue outside Kyle Field.

And before anyone tries to claim Manziel was a better QB than Mond, facts indicate otherwise.

Manziel had a spectacular 2012. There is no denying that. But by the end of the 2013 season, alcohol abuse and a debilitating drug problem began to dull Manziel's skills. Manziel showed by being kicked out of the NFL (and out of professional sports) after two seasons had he remained at A&M, he would never have amassed the "aggy magical" numbers Mond put up.

manziel $1 bill stack.jpeg

Just shut the fuck up with your logical fallacies and ridiculously tedious rants and weak mental gymnastics. You can’t even argue in your own favor correctly because you are as robotically bland as you are clueless. The AP became dickless on a go-forward the very day in which the CFP came into existence. A winner is determined in CFB now the same way it is in every other American sport - on the field, court, pitch, etc. 

Notre Dame didn’t magically become unqualified for the semis after playing them, you fucking dolt. No one goes back and reviews how the AP voted from 2014 forward. You can’t even honestly state that you know for a fact how they finished voting in each of the past 7 years. Most here could probably recite who was in the playoffs each time, however. The only reason you know how they voted this time around is because you are legitimately obsessed with that school in unhealthy ways and it is all your boring ass thinks about. You are the Ignatius J Reilly of Surly and ATM is your Professor Talc - just an oblivious, bloviating, self-absorbed clown writing insults and threats at an entity that has no idea you even exist. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Dammit, we did not see the “no take-backs” clause when those idiots joined the SEC. But we get some credit for mocking their weird, wanna-be, cult asses whenever they start to Aggie.

Which is constantly.

Careful now, you don’t want to provoke Phlegm.

The funniest and scariest thing about aggy is that it's entirely impossible to discern between what is trolling vs serious. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that question was a troll job or a serious aggy question.

Similar examples:
- how scared is bama of jimbo posts
- is jff the greatest college qb of all time posts
- the fun aggy math posts to determine that they are the better program over some arbitrary period

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Generally accepted until replaced by something more legitimate and recognized as the standard. 

No. RD is a fucking rube. 

Just shut the fuck up with your logical fallacies and ridiculously tedious rants and weak mental gymnastics. You can’t even argue in your own favor correctly because you are as robotically bland as you are clueless. The AP became dickless on a go-forward the very day in which the CFP came into existence. A winner is determined in CFB now the same way it is in every other American sport - on the field, court, pitch, etc. 

Notre Dame didn’t magically become unqualified for the semis after playing them, you fucking dolt. No one goes back and reviews how the AP voted from 2014 forward. You can’t even honestly state that you know for a fact how they finished voting in each of the past 7 years. Most here could probably recite who was in the playoffs each time, however. The only reason you know how they voted this time around is because you are legitimately obsessed with that school in unhealthy ways and it is all your boring ass thinks about. You are the Ignatius J Reilly of Surly and ATM is your Professor Talc - just an oblivious, bloviating, self-absorbed clown writing insults and threats at an entity that has no idea you even exist. 

If the BCS final poll is the final word, then we have a problem. The BCS issues its final poll before the semi-final and final games are played. Only the sportswriters and coaches issue final polls after the BCS national championship game.

So, in your system, if the team that is #1 in the final BCS poll doesn't win the national championship game, they are still national champion because they finished #1 in the final BCS poll. That's your claim, right?

Um...no. It doesn't work that way.

Also, under the BCS system, there is no way to discern which team is #3 or #4, because there is no consolation game.

Sorry. A&M did in fact finish #4 in both the final 2020 season AP poll and the final coaches poll. It is what it is.

Edited by Randolph Duke

16 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

If the BCS final poll is the final word, then we have a problem. The BCS issues its final poll before the semi-final and final games are played. Only the sportswriters and coaches issue final polls after the BCS national championship game.

So, in your system, if the team that is #1 in the final BCS poll doesn't win the national championship game, they are still national champion because they finished #1 in the final BCS poll. That's your claim, right?

Um...no. It doesn't work that way.

Also, under the BCS system, there is no way to discern which team is #3 or #4, because there is no consolation game.

Sorry. A&M did in fact finish #4 in both the final 2020 season AP poll and the final coaches poll. It is what it is.

There is no BCS any more. There is a college football playoff that is accepted as the final determinant for the semifinalists, finalists, and champion of College Football. This has been the case from 2014 forward. Prior to that, your position would have validity, which I'm guessing is why you attempt to conflate the premise of the BCS in the pre-CFP era with what occurs now. Much like no one remembers who was "ranked" in the top 4 to end the basketball or baseball season, no one gives a fuck who wasn't in the Final 4 anymore to end the CFB season. The only people crowing about being one of the non-Final 4 teams are the losers who didn't finish in the Final 4. In this case, you and the aggies.

Look, you're arguing against something that better serves your purpose. You're doing so because you think it gives you some sort of moral high ground in your other quixotic rants about your obsession - Texas ATM. It works like this: "If I grant them this concession, since that's the way it used to be done and they're dogmatic about it, perhaps this enables me to gain traction in the rest of my arguments about the illnesses and ailments that their school and traditions bring to this state, and I'll get the credit I therefore deserve by shining the light on what's important." 

You are as transparent in your mental maneuvers as you are wrong on the subject matter. It's a long, long string of issues in which you are wrong, and patently so. From claiming that you'd bring Texas ATM to their proverbial knees by wringing out new changes in the state legislature regarding the PUF, to claiming that the university (under no circumstances) would fire either Tom Herman or Shaka Smart during the corona years, to claiming that you'd be writing a world-changing screed associated to ATM's athletic budget and financial engineering - you're a constantly incorrect blowhard. 

In other words, feel free to tilt at this windmill because you've got to do you. You're completely aligned with the aggies on this one, and both you and the aggies are laughably wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There is no BCS any more. There is a college football playoff that is accepted as the final determinant for the semifinalists, finalists, and champion of College Football. This has been the case from 2014 forward. Prior to that, your position would have validity, which I'm guessing is why you attempt to conflate the premise of the BCS in the pre-CFP era with what occurs now. Much like no one remembers who was "ranked" in the top 4 to end the basketball or baseball season, no one gives a fuck who wasn't in the Final 4 anymore to end the CFB season. The only people crowing about being one of the non-Final 4 teams are the losers who didn't finish in the Final 4. In this case, you and the aggies.

Look, you're arguing against something that better serves your purpose. You're doing so because you think it gives you some sort of moral high ground in your other quixotic rants about your obsession - Texas ATM. It works like this: "If I grant them this concession, since that's the way it used to be done and they're dogmatic about it, perhaps this enables me to gain traction in the rest of my arguments about the illnesses and ailments that their school and traditions bring to this state, and I'll get the credit I therefore deserve by shining the light on what's important." 

You are as transparent in your mental maneuvers as you are wrong on the subject matter. It's a long, long string of issues in which you are wrong, and patently so. From claiming that you'd bring Texas ATM to their proverbial knees by wringing out new changes in the state legislature regarding the PUF, to claiming that the university (under no circumstances) would fire either Tom Herman or Shaka Smart during the corona years, to claiming that you'd be writing a world-changing screed associated to ATM's athletic budget and financial engineering - you're a constantly incorrect blowhard. 

In other words, feel free to tilt at this windmill because you've got to do you. You're completely aligned with the aggies on this one, and both you and the aggies are laughably wrong.

I stand corrected, CFP, not BCS. A mental slip on my point.

But it is a historical fact that the sportswriters and coaches both voted Texas A&M #4 in the final 2020 season poll. Trying to do some mental gymnastic to prove otherwise is  aggy-esque.

And, while we are on the subject of rewriting history to suit one's agenda, when did I ever claim I was going to have the state legislature modify the PUF? In fact, the state legislature doesn't have the legal authority to alter the PUF. To do so would require a constitutional amendment. My conversations with members of the legislature have been regarding a termination of A&M's status as a branch of The University (which, of course, would also require a constitutional amendment). Quite frankly, I want a separation amendment put before the voters because I honestly believe it was be in the best interest of both A&M and the people of Texas. And I want to enjoy the ridicule that would be poured upon "the aggy nation" for not only being a branch of UT, but for none of them being educated sufficiently to understand their school is a branch of The University.

As for firing Shaka Smart - I couldn't care less about UT basketball. I've never made a statement of any sort about Shaka's job security at Texas. Nor did I say the university would fire Tom Herman. I specifically said I was of the opinion the university woudn't fire Tom Herman. I stand by my comment that I find it unethical to be spending millions on a new football coach when the athletics department couldn't meet its payroll without salary reductions and couldn't make its scheduled debt payments. (And yes, I understand Tom Herman's buyout is being paid out of cash flow, not as a lump sum.)

As for the aggy athletics budget, just be patient. I've got a lot going on right now and haven't had time to work on that piece, but I can tell you their revenues did drop back to the $160 mil range (I don't remember the exact figure at the moment), dropping them out of the top 10 in total revenues. Ut's dropped a bit more than I expected and most other schools were remarkable stable, although the reports only cover to the end of the most recent fiscal year, which would not include the 2020 fall semester. The most recent A&M and UT financials are attached. I also have the reports for the past five years for about 38 other schools.

Insist all you want that neither the coaches poll nor the sportswriters poll had Texas A&M finishing #4 in the nation at the end of the 2020 season. Squeeze your nuts, tell yourself it never happened, and go merrily through life believing what you want to believe. The facts say differently. But you seem to have more than a few problems dealing with facts.

Have a nice day!

UT Austin 2020 NCAA financials.pdf Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

But it is a historical fact that the sportswriters and coaches both voted Texas A&M #4 in the final 2020 season poll. Trying to do some mental gymnastic to prove otherwise is  aggy-esque.

I know I shouldn't engage... but trying to explain how a team that didn't even make the playoffs can somehow still claim a top 4 finish is very aggy.

Do you want to know how I know? Because aggy morons have been trying to claim that very fact in baseball for 30 fucking years! The 1989 greatest aggy baseball team of all-time finished #2 in the FINAL Baseball America POLL.  

However, that very same team lost in true aggy fashion in the regionals to LSU. Only an aggy would try to claim top 4 finish in a year they didn't even make it to Omaha. Same applies to all sports including football beginning with implementation of the CFP system (i.e. post 2014).

Stop encouraging aggy reasoning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

And, while we are on the subject of rewriting history to suit one's agenda, when did I ever claim I was going to have the state legislature modify the PUF? In fact, the state legislature doesn't have the legal authority to alter the PUF. To do so would require a constitutional amendment. My conversations with members of the legislature have been regarding a termination of A&M's status as a branch of The University (which, of course, would also require a constitutional amendment). Quite frankly, I want a separation amendment put before the voters because I honestly believe it was be in the best interest of both A&M and the people of Texas. And I want to enjoy the ridicule that would be poured upon "the aggy nation" for not only being a branch of UT, but for none of them being educated sufficiently to understand their school is a branch of The University.

As for firing Shaka Smart - I couldn't care less about UT basketball. I've never made a statement of any sort about Shaka's job security at Texas. Nor did I say the university would fire Tom Herman. I specifically said I was of the opinion the university woudn't fire Tom Herman. I stand by my comment that I find it unethical to be spending millions on a new football coach when the athletics department couldn't meet its payroll without salary reductions and couldn't make its scheduled debt payments. (And yes, I understand Tom Herman's buyout is being paid out of cash flow, not as a lump sum.)

As for the aggy athletics budget, just be patient. I've got a lot going on right now and haven't had time to work on that piece, but I can tell you their revenues did drop back to the $160 mil range (I don't remember the exact figure at the moment), dropping them out of the top 10 in total revenues. Ut's dropped a bit more than I expected and most other schools were remarkable stable, although the reports only cover to the end of the most recent fiscal year, which would not include the 2020 fall semester. The most recent A&M and UT financials are attached. I also have the reports for the past five years for about 38 other schools.

Insist all you want that neither the coaches poll nor the sportswriters poll had Texas A&M finishing #4 in the nation at the end of the 2020 season. Squeeze your nuts, tell yourself it never happened, and go merrily through life believing what you want to believe. The facts say differently. But you seem to have more than a few problems dealing with facts.

Have a nice day!

UT Austin 2020 NCAA financials.pdf 142.6 kB · 0 downloads Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf 146.39 kB · 1 download

Yeah, misusing BCS in a CFP discussion when the misuse props up your point was a "mental slip" in the same way that doing whatever you did to get you into the nuthouse was a "mental slip" in the first place. 

Listen, you can misuse and misread and obfuscate all you want in order to preserve the fragile emotional state in which you're constantly precariously hanging in the first place, that's fine by me. Even throw in some aggie tropes like "squeeze your nuts" in an effort to convince yourself that you're not the aggie, I'm actually the aggie because that makes you feel better. 

It's all a deterioration in tedious silliness once it's clear that we're dealing with true cognitive dissonance on your end. Discussing anything with you is like wrestling with a pig. We both get dirty and you enjoy yourself. Nevermind facts and logic, you've got new strongly worded paragraphs to type. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Have a nice day!

UT Austin 2020 NCAA financials.pdf 142.6 kB · 0 downloads Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf 146.39 kB · 1 download

1.) "Hey guys, I don't care about basketball so lets ignore I was completely wrong in my prediction."
2.) No shit, guy. You predicted he wasn't going to be fired, and he was. When a poster is attempting point out your poor track record of predictions and loose understanding of facts, it's always a great first step to misread something and admit, without a doubt, that you were in fact incorrect about your prediction.
3.) And finally, the true core concept you've literally failed to acknowledge or grasp for literally a year now: Tom Herman's buyout is being paid out by boosters. Not the University. Booster funds and University funds have about as much in common as Dollars and Pesos. Sure, they're both money, but that's the end of the conversation. Your stubborn refusal to acknowledge that is about as aggy as it gets, because it completely de-pants your entire narrative. But I guess you don't believe private citizens should be allowed to spend their money as they please, eh Komrade?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:05 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Liucci is a piece of shit. And yes, virulent racism is at the core of being "aggy redass."

People like Billy Liucci and John Sharp perpetuate hatred, racism, and other "aggy values."

aggy african american women.jpeg

aggy knows cure.jpeg

I wonder what the red-ass would think of this?

By both race and gender, a higher percentage of black women (9.7 per cent) is enrolled in college than any other group, including Asian women (8.7 per cent), white women (7.1 per cent) and white men (6.1 per cent).”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-women-become-most-educated-group-us-a7063361.html%3famp

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spacing
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Machinator said:

13 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The funniest and scariest thing about aggy is that it's entirely impossible to discern between what is trolling vs serious. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that question was a troll job or a serious aggy question.

I'm going with "troll" because otherwise I can't even

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) "Hey guys, I don't care about basketball so lets ignore I was completely wrong in my prediction."
2.) No shit, guy. You predicted he wasn't going to be fired, and he was. When a poster is attempting point out your poor track record of predictions and loose understanding of facts, it's always a great first step to misread something and admit, without a doubt, that you were in fact incorrect about your prediction.
3.) And finally, the true core concept you've literally failed to acknowledge or grasp for literally a year now: Tom Herman's buyout is being paid out by boosters. Not the University. Booster funds and University funds have about as much in common as Dollars and Pesos. Sure, they're both money, but that's the end of the conversation. Your stubborn refusal to acknowledge that is about as aggy as it gets, because it completely de-pants your entire narrative. But I guess you don't believe private citizens should be allowed to spend their money as they please, eh Komrade?

1) I have never in my life cared about who was the basketball coach at Texas. I have never made any "prediction" about Shaka's job security. It never happened.

2) I was wrong about Tom Herman. I am still immensely disappointed in the university administrators who claimed they couldn't make payroll without taking money from paychecks, skipped a bond payment (all the time crying desperate financial circumstances) then magically "found" plenty of money for other discretionary purchases (hiring a new coach). What happened to the "financial distress"?

3) Tom Herman's contract is being paid out from cash flow by the athletics department. If boosters increased their contributions to the athletics department to offset his monthly paycheck, great. Money is fungible. As CDC showed by skipping bond payments and instituting seemingly unnecessary salary reductions, money pledged or committed for one purpose can easily be used for others. There is no "lockbox" holding a stack of cash that is exclusively for Tom Herman's contract obligations. For the 2020 fiscal year, the university paid $1,214,132 in severance payments to former coaches and athletics department personnel. You can find this figure on Line 26 on the NCAA report. (for FY 2014, the figure was $784,400, FY 2015 - $992,226, FY 2016 - $3,470,182, FY 2017 - $9,206,061, FY 2018 - $7,846,472, FY 2019 -$2,830,588). As the university continues to make payments to Herman ( and "1-0 Culture") over time, those payments by the university will continue to be reported in the same manner. "The boosters" are not making direct payments to Herman to satisfy the terms of his contract. The university was party to the contract. The university is making those payments over time. I am curious what business reason you think exists for the university to have novated Herman's contract (and the obligations to "1-0 Culture"), especially when the university has never made such arrangements in the past (at least none that have been openly reported in the press). What functional purpose you to believe exists for novating the contract?

And as for "the true core concept I've literally failed to acknowledge or grasp for literally a year now"....

Herman was fired on or about Jan 2, 2021 (roughly four months ago). That puts the "literally a year now" anniversary date at on or about Jan 2, 2022. There are twelve months in a year, not four. Your time line doesn't even make sense.

So... Shaka Smart, "literally a year now," university not paying Herman's contract obligations...

Quit being so emotional, get your facts straight, and most of all...

Have a nice day!

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

1) I have never in my life cared about who was the basketball coach at Texas. I have never made any "prediction" about Shaka's job security. It never happened.

2) I was wrong about Tom Herman. I am still immensely disappointed in the university administrators who claimed they couldn't make payroll without taking money from paychecks, skipped a bond payment (all the time crying desperate financial circumstances) then magically "found" plenty of money for other discretionary purchases (hiring a new coach). What happened to the "financial distress"?

3) Tom Herman's contract is being paid out from cash flow by the athletics department. If boosters increased their contributions to the athletics department to offset his monthly paycheck, great. Money is fungible. As CDC showed by skipping bond payments and instituting seemingly unnecessary salary reductions, money pledged or committed for one purpose can easily be used for others. There is no "lockbox" holding a stack of cash that is exclusively for Tom Herman's contract obligations. For the 2020 fiscal year, the university paid $1,214,132 in severance payments to former coaches and athletics department personnel. You can find this figure on Line 26 on the NCAA report. (for FY 2014, the figure was $784,400, FY 2015 - $992,226, FY 2016 - $3,470,182, FY 2017 - $9,206,061, FY 2018 - $7,846,472, FY 2019 -$2,830,588). As the university continues to make payments to Herman ( and "1-0 Culture") over time, those payments by the university will continue to be reported in the same manner. "The boosters" are not making direct payments to Herman to satisfy the terms of his contract. The university was party to the contract. The university is making those payments over time. I am curious what business reason you think exists for the university to have novated Herman's contract (and the obligations to "1-0 Culture"), especially when the university has never made such arrangements in the past (at least none that have been openly reported in the press). What functional purpose you to believe exists for novating the contract?

And as for "the true core concept I've literally failed to acknowledge or grasp for literally a year now"....

Herman was fired on or about Jan 2, 2021 (roughly four months ago). That puts the "literally a year now" anniversary date at on or about Jan 2, 2022. There are twelve months in a year, not four. Your time line doesn't even make sense.

So... Shaka Smart, "literally a year now," university not paying Herman's contract obligations...

Quit being so emotional, get your facts straight, and most of all...

Have a nice day!

Oh, I see. You think money is fungible but somehow think that line items on a financial disclosure or tax document are static tell the whole story. What a surprise.  

You were making your claims about Herman being untouchable last spring, or early summer, and I was pointing out then to you that booster money would be paying for any coaches needing to be removed. Which, stunningly enough, is right about a year from now. If I'm wrong on that timeline, oh well. Talking to you feels like an eternity and it's been a weird year.

CDC has said out loud on zoom calls and to people that they had to pass the hat. But yeah, I guess the words directly from his mouth mean nothing to you. Of course, you failed to understand the concept of booster money back then, and consistently stuck to your idiotic stance of "Herman is untouchable, etc etc." 

It's funny you bring up time in your post, when you seem to fail to grasp the basic tenets of timing yourself. You were whining and crying about Texas having to cut payroll and reduce employee count and such, which happened...wait for it...last summer. Well before both football AND basketball season. At that point, this was all just an intellectual exercise. Which unsurprisingly having watched Shaka and Herman coach for years now, came to fruition. Both underperformed, boosters complained, our Athletic Director told them to put their money where their mouths were, and to the surprise of anyone other than you, they did. Of course, all that happened AFTER our athletic department had already reduced payroll and let go many employees. 

It's almost as if, the athletic department was struggling amid covid for cash, made a bunch of changes to reduce expenditures, and then something changed in the fall and winter that allow the university to fire two head coaches and their staffs. Almost as if a bunch of donors pledged money to get rid of some coaches they disliked intensely. No one gives a fuck about the lines on the financial report, or how we pay out Tom Herman because it is irrelevant. Boosters pledged money to fire and replace our coaching staffs in 2 sports because they were unhappy. This all happened after UT was forced to eliminate payroll over the summer due to Covid. Boosters are not obligated to pass the hat to keep staff paid in the AD. They choose to do it to replace coaches. 

The alternative is you think Texas just has a Scrooge McDuck moneybin full of cash and gold and chose to fire staff over tapping into it this summer, but were happy to spend liberally come fall.  Which, I don't think anyone would be surprised if you found to be completely plausible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Scholz said:

Daniel Figurelli aka Daniel Joseph aka rudedawg, STFU chisel teeth racist POS.

4504346.jpg

is this the same Daniel Figurelli aka Daniel Joseph who worked for PriceWaterhouseCoopers as an intern, went to University of Houston and posted racist twitter comments at 18 year old high school students?

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Insist all you want that neither the coaches poll nor the sportswriters poll had Texas A&M finishing #4 in the nation at the end of the 2020 season.

This is just so what you do.

He didn't say or imply that A&M didn't finish 4th in either of those polls; no one is saying that, because we're all aware they did. His position is that the polls do not matter now that we have a committee that picks the "final four" teams to compete for the national championship, that the meaning of a "top four finish" changed as of 2014. In other words, A&M hasn't been among the top four teams since winning the 1939 national title, because through 2013, they never finished in the top four of a poll, and since the CFB playoff established an objective final top four with the 2014 season, they haven't been selected for a playoff.

That's all. It's not complicated. Now, I know your response will be to preface a wall of text with a disdainful "I already KNOW what he's saying"* but you will be the only one who believes it when you say it, because your responses make clear that you either don't understand his point or are pretending not to, in order to save face and not heaven forfend lose an Internet Argument. 

* or you might choose to nitpick to death something in my post, e.g., "no one SAYS anything on the Internet, they TYPE it and/or POST it"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Lighten up guys, for the most part RD is doing the lords work...exposing aggy revisionist history and their relevance fantasies.

Huh? My entire issue with his position on the disputed subject matter is that he’s doing precisely what you and he give him credit for disputing - revising history. Notre Dame doesn’t get a top 4 finish for 2020 erased because Randolph fucking Duke and his aggie buddies want to change the narrative. 

Edited by closetojumping

36 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

This is just so what you do.

He didn't say or imply that A&M didn't finish 4th in either of those polls; no one is saying that, because we're all aware they did. His position is that the polls do not matter now that we have a committee that picks the "final four" teams to compete for the national championship, that the meaning of a "top four finish" changed as of 2014. In other words, A&M hasn't been among the top four teams since winning the 1939 national title, because through 2013, they never finished in the top four of a poll, and since the CFB playoff established an objective final top four with the 2014 season, they haven't been selected for a playoff.

That's all. It's not complicated. Now, I know your response will be to preface a wall of text with a disdainful "I already KNOW what he's saying"* but you will be the only one who believes it when you say it, because your responses make clear that you either don't understand his point or are pretending not to, in order to save face and not heaven forfend lose an Internet Argument. 

* or you might choose to nitpick to death something in my post, e.g., "no one SAYS anything on the Internet, they TYPE it and/or POST it"

This is all exactly correct, including your prediction of the future. The one build I’ll add is that I already felt like he hilariously lost the discussion on merit, and I don’t give one fuck if he’s too insane to actually grasp it. 

• Haha 1

Huh? My entire issue with his position on the disputed subject matter is that he’s doing precisely what you and he give him credit for disputing - revising history. Notre Dame doesn’t get a top 4 finish for 2020 eraser because Randolph fucking Duke and his aggie buddies want to change the narrative. 

You really think I read his walls of text? I have a full time job and short attention span...c'mon man. I do read his briefer works occasionally, and while his devotion to the subject might be a little unhealthy..it's still amusing when he strikes aggy nerve.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Can we get back to shitting on aggy?  

I don’t take 30 minute shit breaks at work to read all this nonsense 👆🏼

.....ahhh who am I kidding...yes I do

Dead guys can take a shit?

Well well, things may not portend too badly after all.

• Haha 1