• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I never saw this....but was posted over on secrant....they are pretty sick of aggy....

Originally posted in Jan of 2011....kind of a long read....written by Jim Rome:

This was so funny and true.

Editor's note: The following is Jim Rome's thoughts on Texas A&M University that he broadcasted on national radio. 

Thoughts on Texas A&M...
Fox Sports Show And Radio Host Jim Rome 

1) They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT. 

2) Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school (University of Texas) that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know ...the fact is, the state intended A&M to be a branch of UT. They are like the afterbirth from the original creation. Like Danny Devito in "Twins". 

3) So they apparently have this complex, so much so, that they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. So they write a fight song ... about? ... Texas, and how they want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are. It is the world's largest known case of ***** envy, and it is manifested in everything A&M does. 

4) The people at A&M. Now we all have friends who went to A&M or are at A&M. There are some nice people there. However ... There is the Corp. East Texas' answer to dreams of ROTC kids everywhere. For every boy scout who never learned to stop playing with his GI Joe Toys, there is the Corp. Now, forget the fact that A&M will actually let people with sub-par grades enroll if they agree to join the Corp. Forget the fact that the Corps looked like a Gestapo-hate rally while beating down students on Kyle Field in 1995. Forget the fact that along with the numerous hazing charges that have been filed against them, and swept under the rug over the years, they just this past month have had one Corps member bring charges against another Corps member who apparently had been propositioning others for a little actual sodomy. Not only could I go on with more instances of idiocracy by these Khaki-clad-shaven-headed-dorks, I am sure each of you have your own stories. The point is: We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army. People at A&M don't even respect these clowns. It is not cool to shave your head and dress up. Halloween is only supposed to be one day of the year. If you want to carry guns and beat up civilians, move to Israel. 

5) It is even less cool to slobber on somebody's daughter on national television and call it a tradition. Dry humping 18-year-old girls in the stands at football games is not cool. Not only is it not cool, it should be against the law. I know that in College Station, students are just prone to mount each other on the campus lawn, or in the middle of class, or anytime anything good happens you can just grab the girl sitting next to you and start sucking on her face. But everywhere else in the world, it is looked down upon. Especially if you are doing it on my TV. That is why we have moved the game from Thanksgiving. Because people across the nation were gagging on their turkey when in the middle of watching a football game, some boy scout is tongue thrashing some overweight co-ed during somebody's Thanksgiving dinner. We do not need to see burly women engaged in a suckfest every time your woeful offense manages to put points on the board. Some of these girls are in desperate need of a trip to the Clinique counter. Screw that, forget make-up, it is too late for that, just give them a veil. 

6) "T.U." is not funny. It is not insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be retarded. That's why UT fans don't do it. Please learn. 

7) You want to lose the image of country bumpkins, of a people fond of sheep, of people that aren't stupid? Then quit building things that fall down. Quit chasing cheerleaders around with swords on national TV. Quit whooping in church. Quit whooping period. Quit putting up scoreboards for the enjoyment of dead mammals. Quit spending your Friday nights practicing how to yell. Quit telling rape jokes to reporters when you're running for Governor. When you are filling out season ticket renewals, and the form asks for your phone number, h&w. quit putting 258-3999, Height 6'3", Weight 185. Just, collectively, stop making asses of yourselves. Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a fifth-grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is your fan base. This is why you are perceived by the educated masses as stupid. 

😎 Nobody cares if you think your band is better. They might be louder, they might march in neat little zig zags, but they have no musical ability. The point is, nobody cares who wins halftime. Quit getting geeked up about marching bands. I find it hard to believe you stood through your high school band's entire halftime performance. And why? Cause nobody cared then and nobody cares now. Plus, you can hear them fine sitting down even if you do care. Why is it cool all of a sudden now that you're in college? 

9) Men should never let out high-pitched whooping sounds. Perhaps the only justifiable situation in which this can be tolerated is perhaps during an anal probe. Oh wait...I understand now. 

10) Dogs are not ladies. They don't look or smell like ladies. Dogs eat their own feces and should be treated accordingly. 

11) Finally, College Station is an arm-pit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town, and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn't get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never-ending "Dukes of Hazard" episode, then move there. More importantly, don't move to Austin ... They are trying to create an educated, technological, and open-minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool. 

As my friend, Stephen Johnson, once said: "If the world were ever to get an enema, College Station is where you would connect the hose." If you go to school at A&M, please don't be an Aggie. 

God bless the great state of Texas.

jim carrey disbelief GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So we’ve reached the point where the fake Jim Rome aggie rant is making its way back around to new Internet users that believe it is both real and funny? Fuck. 

As terrible as that development is for all of us...is anyone surprised that it's just now making the rounds at SECRant?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just wait until you see this new dancing hamster video.

850f9d2c-6c14-4924-ba68-a3914e2e181b_220

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As terrible as that development is for all of us...is anyone surprised that it's just now making the rounds at SECRant?

That part of the country does tend to run 20-30 years behind the rest of the world, so it makes sense.

I just read the last 2 pages and agree with RD.

• Bowl results have mattered for the final rankings since the 70s.  Why shouldn't the semifinals?
  • The AP poll with all its history has more credibility with me than the "expert" committee

On 5/7/2021 at 10:52 PM, Bullneck said:
It would be freaking great if Jimbo out-muscles and overpowers Bama BECAUSE Saban has gone full hurry up no huddle. Speed for the sake of speed eventually costs team toughness-wise and I really believe it favors Jimbo's offense late in the game against most teams. I just think it would be great to out-grit Saban like his early teams used to do. That sends a different message than leaning on an athletic QB(Saban's supposed Achilles Heel). Out gritting Saban is the way to topple the dynasty in the long run.

Saban hasn't gone full HUNH yet, and the idea of it costing Bama toughness wise is hilarious.

OFEI rankings:

• 20: 1
  • 19: 2
  • 18: 2
  • 17: 12
  • 16: 15
  • 15: 24
  • 14: 4
  • 13: 6
  • 12: 5
  • 11: 10
  • 10: 5

yes A&M please try to out grit Bama, let's see how that works for you. it's hard to outgrit a team when they have more talent than you do across the board, and basically nobody has the talent level Bama has these days.

14 minutes ago, WBT said:

• Bowl results have mattered for the final rankings since the 70s.  Why shouldn't the semifinals?
  • The AP poll with all its history has more credibility with me than the "expert" committee

so who did the AP vote as #2 in the nation for mens basketball after the tournament this year?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

I don't really disagree with your second point.  But what you or I think doesn't matter. is expert" committee determines the four teams that play for the national championship.  And this year, that did not include a team that was able to beat a three loss North Carolina team (with significant opt-outs) in the Orange Bowl.

16 minutes ago, cochamps said:

I don't really disagree with your second point.  But what you or I think doesn't matter. is expert" committee determines the four teams that play for the national championship.  And this year, that did not include a team that was able to beat a three loss North Carolina team (with significant opt-outs) in the Orange Bowl.

I still think "Orange Bowl" should be in quotes. That was often the biggest and or best bowl game in a given year, but it's been an afterthought since.... what, I guess aligning with the ACC? 

Bowls, even NY6 ones, are less relevant in general nowadays but the Orange dropped off earlier and still seems like it ends up with shit matchups more frequently than the others. 

Not to mention what COVID did to the shape of the 2019 season. Making an NY6 bowl last year was kind of like making the NFL playoffs in 1987 after winning all three of your scab games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I still think "Orange Bowl" should be in quotes. That was often the biggest and or best bowl game in a given year, but it's been an afterthought since.... what, I guess aligning with the ACC? 

t the Orange dropped off earlier and still seems like it ends up with shit matchups more frequently than the others. 

Not to mention what COVID did to the shape of the 2019 season. Making an NY6 bowl last year was kind of like making the NFL playoffs in 1987 after winning all three of your scab games. 

Several good points here. Mostly the aggy program / scab comparison.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, Scheiss Meister said:

An aggy coworker told me earlier this season that those were the best looking baseball uniforms in college baseball.  WTF is wrong with aggys?

He’s insane 

Edited by deadshank
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Duval Street said:

He knows losing to their three Daddy’s in one year can’t be masked by beating the three D5-AAAA teams scheduled.

I read where their gauntlet schedule this year is against teams that went a combined 54-51 this past season.  The "tough" OOC game?  Colorado.  

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy baseball lost to LSU in extra innings last night (ran out of innings?) resulting in them missing the SEC tournament.  Season over.

I wonder who they'll actually be able to hire. A ton of them think they'll be able to steal Schloss.

Missing the SEC tournament > making a regional. It just means more.

Robby Childress is gone. Official from the AD that he won’t be renewed.

Texags thinks they have a legitimate shot at Corbin, Tadlock, and the Tennessee coach, Vitello. Like they just need to pick the one that meets their standards

No, I’m not kidding. Go look it up

AIT-3D.png
For over a decade, head coach Rob Childress has built Texas A&M into one of the elite college baseball programs in the country. All It Takes Is Everything You’ve Got takes you behind the scenes of the Aggie baseball program, allowing you to meet the players, coaches, and others responsible for that success. 

Given unrestricted access to the inner workings of Texas A&M Baseball, Heath Clary takes you into the dugout, the coaches’ offices, and inside the locker room to chronicle one season of big-time college baseball. This book combines personal profiles with coaching decisions, baseball strategy, and much more to show fans what it’s like to go through the ups and downs of a 56-game schedule. 
https://www.amazon.com/All-Takes-Everything-Youve-Got/dp/1695871146

(This was a 2019 publication). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

download (5).jpeg

the worst part about that is I can't even find the arrivals and departures board......nor directions to any of the gates

they seem to think because Schloss is going through a divorce he might want a change of pace like jumbo.....Schloss's soon to be ex is probably not fucking his players though

and they seem to think there is some kind of tension with Tech and Tadlock.....or that money will get Tadlock away from where he played in college....I mean it could happen, but shit like that never seems to work out well

they also seem to think they have a chance at the Arkansas coach maybe....because you know money.....same with Tennessee

I mean yea who would not want to leave a program like Arkansas where you have shit about on automatic and take over a shit fest of underachievement like aggy

oh yea best comment in one thread was the players hate Schloss, the DBU coach, and Pierce.....all that was based on " intimate knowledge"  and "first hand accounts".....the best part is the one shit for brains does not even know the name of the Texas coach.......must be the same asshole that types up those "I went to an aggy game as an opposing fan" stories

duddleysdraw88 said:
He needs to be GONE after the last out today!

Over a month ago, an everyday starter replied to the question "How's it going?"...... first words out of his mouth.... "I'm done with baseball"

There's more but I'll stop there!

Luke The Drifter said:

Hate to break it to you, but most of the TCU players cannot stand Schlossnagle. Same with DBU players not liking Heefner. Most of the Texas players don't care for Price. And yes, I have first-hand accounts to back up these statements.

I'm not defending Childress...just letting you know most college baseball players don't care for their head coach. Most college players have grown up being coddled by helicopter parents who forked over tons of money to get their kid on some "elite" travel baseball team. They've gone to the most expensive camps, been provided with top tier personal hitting/pitching coaches, and they've often been surrounded by high level talent. Then, when they get to college, have to work hard, don't get the playing time they think they deserve, can't pick and choose their teammates, don't win every game, and don't have momma and daddy there to fight their battles for them, a lot of them are suddenly "done" with baseball. It happens to hundreds of kids in every program every season.
Sandman98 said:

Print this on a t-shirt. Every word is true.

I have intimate knowledge and can confirm that the players don't like Pierce at t.u., but he's got talent in place now that can make-up for any coaching shortfall. He is a no excuses tough coach. His strength is not that of a pitching coach and handled his young staff poorly in 2019.
Edited by ButtFumble

25 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

In their best season since 1939? No way! They beat like 3 teams with a winning record.

That’s excellence! WHOOP!

The second best win they had in the regular season last year was against Auburn who ranked 50th per FEI. So yeah, they could’ve gone 8-2 without beating a single team in the top 49 in the country until they squeaked by a UNC team missing about half its starters in the bowl games. 

• Hook 'Em 2