• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

A reminder: Texas A&M lost to Alabama 52-24. Yes, Jimbo Fisher is bragging about a 28-point loss.

Unbelievable.

This reminds me of last fall when Fisher called for Playoff expansion, but then said that conference championships were overrated.

“I think with four teams you’re still leaving it out a little bit, in my opinion, because of other conference championships. Two or three teams might be in the best conference. I’m not trying to go against conference champions, but if you’re going to find the best teams, I think you have to expand the playoffs, incorporate the other bowls into it, and let everybody get a piece of that,” Fisher said.

That’s where his SEC bias is showing. Basically, Jimbo Fisher is saying, and I’m paraphrasing, “ya know, I can’t beat Nick Saban and Alabama. Heck, I’m not sure I can beat Kirby Smart and Georgia. So I’d really like it if the college football media can carry my water so three or four SEC teams can get into an eight team College Football Playoff and then we have a shot to win the title. That would be great, thanks!”

Fisher knows that he will get ESPN, Paul Finebaum and most of the college football media to support him when he inevitably gets his butt kicked by Alabama in the regular season and then starts lobbying for a College Football Playoff spot in a theoretical expanded format that would include some at-large selections.

Long story short: another day, and more coattail riding and complaining from Aggie land. Nothing to see here

Full article:  https://t.co/uWA6DyAyiB?amp=1 

"Jimbo Fisher is Still Bragging About Losing to Alabama by 28 Points" 

Edited by LTtxfan

"Jimbo Fisher is Still Bragging About Losing to Alabama by 28 Points"  

Guess Mizzu, Ole Miss, Jawja, Gata and Notre Dame are really celebrating their "good" 2020 losses to Bama  😂😂😂

Alabama Crimson Tide Schedule 2020

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L (CONF) HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
Sat, 9/26
@MIZMIZ
W38-19 1-0 (1-0) Jones 249 Harris 98 Waddle 134
Sat, 10/3
vsTA&M13 TA&M
W52-24 2-0 (2-0) Jones 435 Robinson Jr. 60 Metchie III 181
Sat, 10/10
@MISSMISS
W63-48 3-0 (3-0) Jones 417 Harris 206 Smith 164
Sat, 10/17
vsUGA3 UGA
W41-24 4-0 (4-0) Jones 417 Harris 152 Smith 167
Sat, 12/19
vsFLA7 FLA *
W52-46 11-0 (10-0) Jones 418 Harris 178 Smith 184
ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY CAPITAL ONE - CFP SEMIFINAL
Fri, 1/1
vsND4 ND *
W31-14 12-0 (10-0) Jones 297 Harris 125 Smith 130

• Haha 6

The same sanctimonious aggy sickness that has given us the fairy tale that only aggys fought in WWI (the origination of the term "sip"), and that perpetuated the outright lie that A&M produced more officers during WWII than West Point and Annapolis combined, is now fighting to "prove" only aggs experiences loss on 9/11.

Disgusting.

Lies of "military service greatness" and

No one who truly experienced 9/11 cared then or cares now where anyone affected went to college. After 20 years, only the people who have no clue are soliciting stories from people who truly understand. 9/11 wasn't an experience where many of the affected use giddy, cheerful exclamation points.

"aggy" is a sickness. They are desperately trying to create a narrative about how only aggys were truly affected by the events of 9/11. Just as they have done time and time again.

They are a sick culture.

That they would use the 20th anniversary of what happened as an advertising platform to "prove" they are "better Americans" than any other culture is appalling. It is beyond bad taste.

Sadly, it is typically aggy.

Roughly as many employees of just one firm (Cantor) died on 9/11 as aggys died in all of WWII. But 9/11 in Farmville will be all about Texas A&M. Not a single thought of those who died. Only consideration of how aggys were affected by watching it all on television. Not a thought of the kids who grew up never knowing a lost parent. Not a single thought of the parents who lost a child; a spouse who lost their partner; a person who lost close friends; or an individual who lost a former co-worker they knew well and cared about. No consideration of how co-workers in the building knew their end was at hand and who chose to hold hands with co-workrs as they jumped to theor death, as opposed to dying in the growing flames.

Just a continuous narrative about how aggys were the only people affected by the events of 9/11. "Please, give me your aggy stories! Yay aggy!"

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

America deserves better than Texas A&M.

Just remember, 9/11 is all about Texas A&M.

Fuck you, aggy.

aggy 9:11 solicitation. .jpeg

9:11 1.jpg

911 2.jpg

Jimbo Fisher: “I believe expanding the playoff is a great thing. I think there are certain leagues who have advantages where you’re able to dominate the league… I’m using us as an example, we played Alabama as well as anyone did that year.”

6 teams played Bama as close (1) or closer (5) than A&M.  Shit, Tennessee was a field goal from matching mighty a&m's margin.  But yeah Jimbo - anyone who saw the QUALITY of that 28 point beat down understands the power of your squad.  The champions of those other leagues would tremble at the thought of playing aggy - they were firmly in the middle of the pack in terms of how much they made Alabama worry. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i capped this page on bbc.com 3  weeks ago

i had not been anywhere near this thread or anywhere near anything aggy in weeks

my understanding of the intertrons does not provide a rational explanation as to how groid ad buys would show up on bbc

aggy gigem pass 12th man 100th anniversary Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 08-43-08 Countdown to England v Germany.png

Not to get too boring for you or anyone else, but it's probably a "programmatic" display campaign and you were bucketed into it by selected attributes of the ad buyer as part of their "similar audience" definition. Specifically, you're in Texas, you're of a certain age, likely white, male, meet a certain disposable income level, work in a field like engineering, follow football and college sports. These are things the display network and/or programmatic platform would know about you and the buyer could select into their target audience profile. They probably were not able to filter out UT affiliation or were dumb enough to not choose that if they could filter it. 

In short, you look like a lot like an ATM football fan online, even if you quite clearly are not. 

SIAP - ESPN pumping the Aggy/SEC relationship as "perfect fit."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31845340/how-texas-sec-college-football-top-conference-formed-perfect-fit

There seems to be a great deal of revisionist history in there.  It is typical offseason promotion...

One especially odd reason for leaving the big12: 

"Putting it simply, there are a lot more bucket-list stadiums that you want to go to in an SEC game than there were in the Big 12," [Real estate guy  who attends all a&m games] Wylie said. "I mean who wants to go to Waco? Most people have been to Fort Worth. Nobody wants to go to Kansas. But you know, we've been to LSU, we've been to Alabama. Still on the bucket list is Tennessee or The Swamp [at Florida]."

image.thumb.png.f2fc65528e9e5f210f61175d93f011f2.png

Or, just hear me out here.....we tell you to shut the fuck up, and we accept the invite that everyone else in the SEC is likely to approve. Personally I would prefer we head to the Pac or B10 , but if the SEC is where we end up, it should be as humiliating as possible for aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Or, just hear me out here.....we tell you to shut the fuck up, and we accept the invite that everyone else in the SEC is likely to approve. Personally I would prefer we head to the Pac or B10 , but if the SEC is where we end up, it should be as humiliating as possible for aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

One thing the aggys will never ask for is to have their constitutional status as a branch of The University of Texas terminated. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1