• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy just keeps pissing in the punchbowl.....campaigning to the other sec members....non-stop:

Guys, you just don't get it. Yes, t-sips are as arrogant as Tide fans with more money. But that's not the problem. t.u. is very, very good at getting conferences to adopt bylaws that appear to benefit everyone, but in the long run turn out to benefit the sips more. They operate in the boardrooms, behind the scenes. They're especially effective when their teams stink, because nobody views them as a threat then. Do you think it's a coincidence that Nebraska rapidly faded from national prominence after the formation of the Big 12? Hardly. Look into the rules changes on partial qualifiers the t-sips championed. That's the way they operate.

The difference to me is for Aggies the SEC was always the dream, the fantasy, the goal worth all the hassle to get to. When everyone told us that we would get our shite kicked in and it was a bad idea we didn't care, we wanted to be SEC members. We powered through and they took our licks with crazy shite like far away "rivalry" games while we built ourselves up. We never complained about what the SEC front office did unlike some folks.

Texas is settling for the SEC. Their network didn't work out and OU doesn't want to go West and so they are working out a marriage of convenience. They have no appreciation of what the invite means, they haven't been humbled into being a good team player. So they will take it for granted and act like its their birthright from day one. The trouble will come soon after.

I hope yall can look back and say us Aggies were better than that, and during this time we actually made the league better. Maybe not, but that is the difference from my perspective.
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy just keeps pissing in the punchbowl.....campaigning to the other sec members....non-stop:

Guys, you just don't get it. Yes, t-sips are as arrogant as Tide fans with more money. But that's not the problem. t.u. is very, very good at getting conferences to adopt bylaws that appear to benefit everyone, but in the long run turn out to benefit the sips more. They operate in the boardrooms, behind the scenes. They're especially effective when their teams stink, because nobody views them as a threat then. Do you think it's a coincidence that Nebraska rapidly faded from national prominence after the formation of the Big 12? Hardly. Look into the rules changes on partial qualifiers the t-sips championed. That's the way they operate.

The difference to me is for Aggies the SEC was always the dream, the fantasy, the goal worth all the hassle to get to. When everyone told us that we would get our shite kicked in and it was a bad idea we didn't care, we wanted to be SEC members. We powered through and they took our licks with crazy shite like far away "rivalry" games while we built ourselves up. We never complained about what the SEC front office did unlike some folks.

Texas is settling for the SEC. Their network didn't work out and OU doesn't want to go West and so they are working out a marriage of convenience. They have no appreciation of what the invite means, they haven't been humbled into being a good team player. So they will take it for granted and act like its their birthright from day one. The trouble will come soon after.

I hope yall can look back and say us Aggies were better than that, and during this time we actually made the league better. Maybe not, but that is the difference from my perspective.

HaHaHa!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=11946504

• Haha 2

The way they talk about us is creepily similar to the way Hitler talked about Jewish people.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Over the last 72 hours Texas A&M has become everything they hate about Texas.

They took internal confidential conference business and made it public because they were not getting their way.

They have spent the last 72 hours trying to wield far more than their equal 1/14th share of power in order to get the conference to bend to their sole wishes.

How long before they actually threaten to leave or sue the conference as a final last ditch effort to make the SEC follow their wishes...?

At this point letting Texas in can't be any worse than what we already have with A&M.

Sounds like you care more about your own feelings than what is best for aTm. Explain how exactly going independent or to another conference would benefit aTm more than staying in the wealthiest, best conference where you get to play all your rivals?

Oh that's right....you are the only team in the country that doesn't want to play its biggest in state rival.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"They haven't won a national championship since 1939 and a conference championship since 1998. They think they're Alabama though.  Sure some BYU fans are delusional in how they view our position in the world, but A&M is a whole nother level."

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=26520608

"There was always something appealing about cheering for the underdog, and that attracted me to A&M. But their fanbase is so delusional, mean, and detached from reality that they’ve come to be my least favorite team. I actively cheer against them."

This message has been modified

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=26522148

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

Y'all check out this drivel posted on FB by an aggy "friend" of mine. Good God, these people are insufferable. So much bluster, so little actual knowledge.

.....Texas alums are not going to be happy when they realize the need Kansas, K-state, Iowa st, and the new inept regime at Waco to eke out the wins necessary for bowl eligibility.
Overall....A stubborn slow learn for Austin and Norman....but they finally got to the right ' can't beat em, join em'....answer. Have no idea why it took this long to check the ego and make the smart prudent decision in all facets, and for all supporters and concerned. Not complicated to understand they could not be all they are capable of, going at it alone. And that the red river rivalry is not enough to keep their football teams relevant and at the top of the national conversation.
Congrats

to sips and Oakies everywhere for stepping out of the fog....and welcome to big boy football!🍻

Edited by DFW Horn

Y'all check out this drivel posted on FB by an aggy "friend" of mine. Good God, these people are insufferable. So much bluster, so little actual knowledge.
.....Texas alums are not going to be happy when they realize the need Kansas, K-state, Iowa st, and the new inept regime at Waco to eke out the wins necessary for bowl eligibility. Overall....A stubborn slow learn for Austin and Norman....but they finally got to the right ' can't beat em, join em'....answer. Have no idea why it took this long to check the ego and make the smart prudent decision in all facets, and for all supporters and concerned. Not complicated to understand they could not be all they are capable of, going at it alone. And that the red river rivalry is not enough to keep their football teams relevant and at the top of the national conversation. Congrats   to sips and Oakies everywhere for stepping out of the fog....and welcome to big boy football!1f37b.png

I mean, as idiotic as this is, it's 100x better than the official drivel that has come from the aggy admin since the announcement.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I mean, as idiotic as this is, it's 100x better than the official drivel that has come from the aggy admin since the announcement.

Well, this dipshit must not post at TexAgs or SEC Rant. He didn't know their BOR was meeting on Monday in a vain, last-ditch attempt to kill the deal. But, aggy gon aggy.

If you think this current meltdown in College Station is bad, wait until the rest of the SEC catches on to the Poooooooooooor Aggies taunt at the end of A&M defeats. 

Unlike the Horns Down story, which is basically a complete fabrication, A&M will definitely petition the SEC to disallow fans from being mean to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

If you think this current meltdown in College Station is bad, wait until the rest of the SEC catches on to the Poooooooooooor Aggies taunt at the end of A&M defeats. 

Unlike the Horns Down story, which is basically a complete fabrication, A&M will definitely petition the SEC to disallow fans from being mean to them. 

Where is this "horns down" story you speak of? I know okies like to lay claim to inventing it, but us olds know it was Arky.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Over the last 72 hours Texas A&M has become everything they hate about Texas.

They took internal confidential conference business and made it public because they were not getting their way.

They have spent the last 72 hours trying to wield far more than their equal 1/14th share of power in order to get the conference to bend to their sole wishes.

How long before they actually threaten to leave or sue the conference as a final last ditch effort to make the SEC follow their wishes...?

At this point letting Texas in can't be any worse than what we already have with A&M.

Sounds like you care more about your own feelings than what is best for aTm. Explain how exactly going independent or to another conference would benefit aTm more than staying in the wealthiest, best conference where you get to play all your rivals?

Oh that's right....you are the only team in the country that doesn't want to play its biggest in state rival.

On Texags they are saying that we're backstabbers because we're leaving our partners in the Big-12.  That's right, fans of the team that left the Big-12 are accusing others of being backstabbers because the others intend to leave the Big-12. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

I'm sensing this is the new narrative. 

Texas must admit that we were smarter than them to go to the SEC, so they are just copying us. Now tu must go through the brutal SEC [FCS] schedule that we do to get bowl eligible.

Of course that comes after four days of:

1. No way the SEC wants Toxic tu and we can stop it!
  2. spacer.png
  3. Weeeeaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! WE'VE BEEN BETRAYED BY OUR BROTHERS AFTER WE WERE SO NICE TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Texas will conquer the other 15 [15!] teams of the SEC and destroy the conference! Everybody hates them!
  5. We hate the SEC, let's swing our weight around. We're now a top five team in the country bringing in billions of dollars to the conference.
  6. spacer.png
  7. Weeeeaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Nobody here realizes how important we are. Let's go independent! [Oh, please, please, please. Then beg to get on our schedule and have the horror of us saying, "Sure. We'll play annually as long as you maintain Top 25 status, otherwise just some periodic home and aways."]
  8. Wait a minute. Who are we without our SEC patch? We just have our own history and reputation to brag about. Can we really sell scrotum-squeezing, our football tradition, or anything other than an Ag degree without that patch. Hmmmm.
  9. Time to invent a new lie: Poor Texas. They have to follow big brother to the SEC. [Over time the narrative will say that we begged them personally to get into the SEC and they convinced the conference to take us if OU came, too.]

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Old Sarge” never fails to share his little brain:

University of Texas is also in serious financial difficulty right now they are the only power five institution that can’t afford it’s own basketball arena and they will not own one until 35 years from now and they will not see revenue from the one they are playing in until 35 years from now. They had four failed capital campaign’s and could not reach a fraction of what they needed and finally gave up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On Texags they are saying that we're backstabbers because we're leaving our partners in the Big-12.  That's right, fans of the team that left the Big-12 are accusing others of being backstabbers because the others intend to leave the Big-12. 

They should know a backstabber when they see one!

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do you think it's a coincidence that Nebraska rapidly faded from national prominence after the formation of the Big 12? Hardly. Look into the rules changes on partial qualifiers the t-sips championed. That's the way they operate.

We "championed" a policy that was already status quo in the SWC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, hookem48 said:

ask any aggy if they'll still chant SEC now? Not one of my aggy friends have answered, they seriously don't know what to do. lol

Maybe they’ll stop calling other SEC schools their “brethren.”

“Rue the day? Who talks like that?”

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

We "championed" a policy that was already status quo in the SWC. 

And everybody but Nebraska voted with us. We didn't get to dictate policy. Everybody voted. Texas A&M voted with us on all the "toxic" things like partial qualifiers and academic requirements. Evil shit like that.