• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So he is saying we are cowards if we don't play next year despite our contracts running through 2025? Mkay..   i am sure we will buy out early, but this is just so quintessentially aggy.

Yup.  It's the same narrative they attempted to use when explaining why they refused to play us OOC for the past decade, even though our ADs offered it up several times.

Now, they can't avoid us, and you saw exactly what they truly think about that eventuality when they responded to the leak with abject terror at the proposition.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So he is saying we are cowards if we don't play next year despite our contracts running through 2025? Mkay..   i am sure we will buy out early, but this is just so quintessentially aggy.

These MFers must have the shortest memories on the planet. Every team that switched leagues did it the very next year after negotiating a reduced buyout. Or am I forgetting something? aggy paid only 1/3 

Interesting Exercise:

Name who you would consider the media's Top 20 "Blue Bloods" of College Football, and does their 15 - 20 year actual production make them deserving of the title, or is this just another farce based on a biased and lazy media.

Be interesting to see how they really perform year in and year out.

My list (67 years old) In no particular order (A&M not available to be considered in because of my incredible bias).

Alabama
Texas
Notre Dame
USCw
OU
tOSU
Michigan 
LSU
Clemson
Florida
Georgia
Nebraska (?)
Stanford (?)
Tennessee (?)
Miami (?)
Auburn (?)
Florida State (?)
Iowa (?)
Michigan State (?)
Wiscy (?)

Taking A&M out of the discussion, I could only come up with 11 names that I would truly crown as Blue Bloods, and not really sure about Clemson historically.

In reality, with the exception of Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and maybe ND, everybody else has, for the past 15-20 years, earned their reputation feasting on a constant diet of weak ass teams week in and week out (remember the SWC in the 90s ?)

In fact, in the 37 meetings since schollie limits, The Ags have a winning record against that "blue blood" (bullsh*t, cough) program in Austin

4 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Do those 37 meetings include wins that should have been vacated due to NCAA infractions? 

Not to mention at least two post-season bowl bans during their cheating era that, next to SMU’s death penalty, destroyed the SWC.

• Hook 'Em 1

They can say whatever they want.  The reality is that recent history-- since the B12 was formed-- Texas is 11-5, which is 69%.  That aligns to our historical win% against them, even a little bit better, and proves that their 80s and early 90s success against us was nothing more than a cheating-fueled aberration, that was finally corrected.

Also, now they have to play us.  And despite our worst decade in a very long time, I still love our chances of continuing to beat the crap out of them for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Had this discussion with aggy before and here's the tale of the tape.

Facts from B12 years('96-'11):
B12 rec UT 94-35 .729   A&M 68-61 .527
H2H UT 11-5  .687   A&M 5-11 .313
Bowls UT 9-5  A&M 2-9  (*inc BCS title games Texas 1-1 A&M🙄
10 Win seasons UT 9  A&M 1
B12 Champ game UT 3-2   A&M 1-1
Tell us again why B12 was too easy?

They've been seasoned in the SEC. Iron sharpens iron. They've been born again hard with to-the-wire games against mighty Arkansas. They play both Mississippi powerhouses every year. They get crushed by Alabama most years, and that will make a man out of anyone. Proof? Look how the SEC has elevated Arkansas.

They're rival, LSU, beats them more regularly than we did which is saying something.

We need to offer Jimbo a 35 year contract at $10MM a year or we...will...all...die.

I doubt their team is as crazy as their fans. It would be so fun if they thought they could throw their SEC patch on the field and Texas will crumble. What a stomp.

• Like 1

They always work to maximize the impact of their 10-1 run from 84 to 94. I appreciate the effort but as that period gets further and further in the past the reasoning gets ever more absurd.

Look 1968 is too far in the past to care about...but 1988 is very relevant to today.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They always work to maximize the impact of their 10-1 run from 84 to 94. I appreciate the effort but as that period gets further and further in the past the reasoning gets ever more absurd.

Look 1968 is too far in the past to care about...but 1988 is very relevant to today.

I think they only beat Texas 2 or 3 times in the 50s and 60s. They like '73 because Texas was concluding a 7 game win streak. The scholarship myth has been exposed as a lie. Texas didn't get all the best kids to keep them from playing somewhere else. A&M issued at least as many scholarships as Texas in 60s.

As for Texas hoarding talent, it's absurd on its face. No great player wants to sit the bench. I'm sure we took the cream of the fullback position running the wishbone, but we didn't take every good fullback.

This whole spiel is their Big Lie about tu. They wonder if they should warn everyone. Please, run to every school. Send delegations of guys in big red sashes and overalls to raise the alarm: Texas is the Devil!!!! See how that works out for you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They've been seasoned in the SEC. Iron sharpens iron. They've been born again hard with to-the-wire games against mighty Arkansas. They play both Mississippi powerhouses every year. They get crushed by Alabama most years, and that will make a man out of anyone. Proof? Look how the SEC has elevated Arkansas.

They're rival, LSU, beats them more regularly than we did which is saying something.

We need to offer Jimbo a 35 year contract at $10MM a year or we...will...all...die.

I doubt their team is as crazy as their fans. It would be so fun if they thought they could throw their SEC patch on the field and Texas will crumble. What a stomp.

*Their

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Weird mention of adding NC and Virginia

the only two confederate states not currently represented by the SEC 

Going to 18 would be dumb and would be a scheduling nightmare (2 divisions of 9 means 8 conference games before you schedule any cross division matchups), 20 (4 pods of 5) or 24 (basically this would be 2 12 team conferences) could work in theory but it would be very cumbersome.  I mean he’s not wrong adding NC/VA to the conference would be good especially if we could kick out a low value school and replace them with one of the flagships like UNC but obviously it doesn’t really work that way.  Plus the ACC is an ESPN property already so while it might improve the SEC, it won’t help ESPN as much which means they likely won’t pay a premium for raiding something they already fully own.  Plus if we go NFL style negotiation tactics on a collective TV deal it won’t matter anyways.

53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I, for one, will not rest until the University of Delaware, West Virginia University and the University of Maryland are also added to this new amalgamation of a conference!

Christ. It’s fucking disturbing that there are people out there thinking like that and trying to slip that shit in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The gomers really think their record last year wasnt the result of LSU being a raging dumpster fire and Flarduh being average and Auburn below average among all of CFB.

There was exactly ONE team in the SEC in 2020 that was head and shoulders above the rest, and that team proved it on the field.

27 minutes ago, ousux said:

The gomers really think their record last year wasnt the result of LSU being a raging dumpster fire and Flarduh being average and Auburn below average among all of CFB.

There was exactly ONE team in the SEC in 2020 that was head and shoulders above the rest, and that team proved it on the field.

Underneath all of the false bravado that's being displayed now after their temper tantrum is the realization that it's over for them. They're going to be playing 9 games now so add a loss most years. Add losses to OU and Texas most years. Remove any recruiting advantage. They're fucked and they know it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait, was there some contingent of people patiently waiting for Chris Elam to finally speak his mind? And were they disappointed that “speaking his mind” was actually just retyping the same tired ag talking points? 

Who?

I read maybe 1/3 of that ridiculous diatribe and could no longer stand the stupidity.

Quite the typical delusional aggy moron.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The scholarship myth has been exposed as a lie. Texas didn't get all the best kids to keep them from playing somewhere else. A&M issued at least as many scholarships as Texas in 60s.

As for Texas hoarding talent, it's absurd on its face. No great player wants to sit the bench. I'm sure we took the cream of the fullback position running the wishbone, but we didn't take every good fullback.

I’m not going to summon him, but our resident aggy rain man once stated that they actually took more players per year than UT did.  The fact they parrot it leads me to believe it’s bullshit. 

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

When this first came to light, had an aggy tell me he just didn’t see how we would get anywhere near enough votes and that the word was that this was all just to get NC and Virginia to join. Yeah, they were going to pass on two blue bloods for those two schools… right. I chose to take the high road and just state that if this was coming to light, it’d already reached the point that TX and OU knew they had the votes. The NC/Virginia talk was simply aggy hoping beyond hope for anyone but mean old TX. 

12 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait, was there some contingent of people patiently waiting for Chris Elam to finally speak his mind? And were they disappointed that “speaking his mind” was actually just retyping the same tired ag talking points? 

And he cares so little that he typed out 16 tweets about it

Saw this posted on Facebook, can’t link FB so I’ll just post the quote.  Some recruits snitching on their dirty tactics. 

To the Texas A&M Coaching staff who showed a serious lack of class this weekend, just know #LSU is coming for you. Recruiting and possibly flipping recruits is one thing, but calling a opposing teams players “trash” is another. Keep that same energy. #AYS

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Saw this posted on Facebook, can’t link FB so I’ll just post the quote.  Some recruits snitching on their dirty tactics. 

To the Texas A&M Coaching staff who showed a serious lack of class this weekend, just know #LSU is coming for you. Recruiting and possibly flipping recruits is one thing, but calling a opposing teams players “trash” is another. Keep that same energy. #AYS

I’d like to hear the coaches’ recruiting trash talk against Texas from not only aggy, but several other school in the state. I have always heard about the negative recruiting from the likes of Barnett and others, but never anything spelled out.

Two things in life for Aggies will never change:

And endless butt hurt relating to their inferiority to the Texas Longhorns. And secondly THE FACT that their "greatest tradition" the 12th man is a Tradition based on CHEATING!  Imagine that... your greatest tradition is based on hiding an ineligible graduate to cheat in a college football game.  Sad thing is despite the never endeing tradition of cheating.. The Poor Ags just cant win (except for mythical championships.)

Nothing else really matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, horn4life said:

Two things in life for Aggies will never change:

And endless butt hurt relating to their inferiority to the Texas Longhorns. And secondly THE FACT that their "greatest tradition" the 12th man is a Tradition based on CHEATING!  Imagine that... your greatest tradition is based on hiding an ineligible graduate to cheat in a college football game.  Sad thing is despite the never endeing tradition of cheating.. The Poor Ags just cant win (except for mythical championships.)

Nothing else really matters.

At least get the story right. 

The player was a sophomore who quit the team early in the season because he wasn’t good enough to play and he wanted to try out for the basketball team. 

The tradition isn’t based on cheating. It’s based on a lie. 

There were no real eligibility rules in the conference st the time. They went into effect in the fall of 1922.