• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

31 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Other day, I was at airport sitting in the boarding area and everyone had on face masks except some guy wearing a Texas A&M shirt.  Told my wife that his shirt checks out.  He only put on a mask when the line formed to board the plane.

"a cultural bias, which impedes risk identification"

aggy bonfire risk management.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas A&M DT McKinnley Jackson returns to practice following suspension.

I’m shocked….I tell ya!

Suspended long enough to sell/dispose of the felonious amount of drugs? It's an NIL deal whoop!

Edited by Vertigo

14 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

So who is going to be Aggy QB this season ?

Speaking of.....  I seem to remember King throwing a LOT of ints in HS.  Maybe he threw a lot more TDs, I dont remember.  I also recall Tennessee also wanting him and not much more interest.  Any of you recruiting gurus recall?  

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Speaking of.....  I seem to remember King throwing a LOT of ints in HS.  Maybe he threw a lot more TDs, I dont remember.  I also recall Tennessee also wanting him and not much more interest.  Any of you recruiting gurus recall?  

Tennessee wanted him badly and pushed hard. They were in his final 2.

King had a very good Jr year (when surrounded by a ton of legit talent at Longview, they went undefeated and won the State Championship) and a very, very, very bad Sr year.

Jr Year: 184/266, 3877 yards, 42:4 TD to INT

Sr Year: 123/213, 1926 yards, 20:8 TD to INT

Again, that 2018 Longview team had a ton of talent on it and the 2019 team didn't but King looked terrible as a Senior after looking great as a Jr and really good in camps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

King had a very good Jr year (when surrounded by a ton of legit talent at Longview, they went undefeated and won the State Championship) and a very, very, very bad Sr year.

Again, that 2018 Longview team had a ton of talent on it and the 2019 team didn't but King looked terrible as a Senior after looking great as a Jr and really good in camps.

Well then clearly he'll be just fine behind that veteran OL the ags are gonna roll out...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

His top options were TN, Auburn, and Duke. LSU offered but then chose two other guys over him. So yeah, not exactly a 5 star list. 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Being a coach's kid helps, but I never remember thinking "Haynes King is carrying this team." I mean he was good but I never remember thinking "greatest QB in Longview history." He was no Eric Harris.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

I like how they just put college station on there. Lmao. Like no one would notice.

"College Station is known as the Research Valley because it’s a center for medical research. The Research Valley is always growing and is now moving toward becoming the Research Valley biocorridor. The biocorridor will be a collaboration among clinicians, scientists, government, students, area residents, and commercial partners. The goal is to promote innovation and education while accelerating the economic growth in our area. The idea is that entrepreneurs, researchers, industry leaders, students, and sponsors will work together to solve challenges in the field of global health. The biocorridor would work with research for humans, animals and the environment. The One Health PlusTM  biocorridor is driving innovation for the biotherapeutic and biopharmaceutical industries. They are working to be a center for commercialization and production of pharmaceuticals and vaccines in College Station. Currently Texas A&M has a complex for vaccines because of a large federal grant that aims to make College Station a hub for vaccine and bioterror preparedness. Over 25 years the contract is estimated to be worth $2 billion."

https://www.tm5properties.com/blog/the-biocorridor-will-bring-big-changes-to-bcs.html

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

"College Station is known as the Research Valley because it’s a center for medical research. The Research Valley is always growing and is now moving toward becoming the Research Valley biocorridor. The biocorridor will be a collaboration among clinicians, scientists, government, students, area residents, and commercial partners. The goal is to promote innovation and education while accelerating the economic growth in our area. The idea is that entrepreneurs, researchers, industry leaders, students, and sponsors will work together to solve challenges in the field of global health. The biocorridor would work with research for humans, animals and the environment. The One Health PlusTM  biocorridor is driving innovation for the biotherapeutic and biopharmaceutical industries. They are working to be a center for commercialization and production of pharmaceuticals and vaccines in College Station. Currently Texas A&M has a complex for vaccines because of a large federal grant that aims to make College Station a hub for vaccine and bioterror preparedness. Over 25 years the contract is estimated to be worth $2 billion."

https://www.tm5properties.com/blog/the-biocorridor-will-bring-big-changes-to-bcs.html

RELLIS campus is also intense. Should look it up.

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

We need a second hub for bioterrorism preparedness to counteract aggy bioterrorism preparedness. 

• Haha 1

I’m sure they’re researching the best way to impregnate sheep
  • Fuck You 2

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

And all of the "lost fans of opponent's school treated like family in College Station" stories.

I was lost in college station as a small child. A pack of collies took me in as their own, and I was raised (literally) in the shadows of G.Rollie White Arena. I grew up keeping the scores updated on the dead dog scoreboard in honor of my late great grandfather dog. I don’t know where Ben Bitner and I would be today without the generosity of roving packs of collies on the Texas A&M campus. WHOOP!

• Haha 4

On 8/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, Randolph Duke said:

I'm sure if it is a vaccine for a dog, cat, cow, sheep, chicken, goat, aggy will be great.   If humans, not so much.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

It seems it has to be broke up in to 4 divisions like the nfc and afc in the nfl. The travel times for other sports would be expensive if not.

No reason the divisions have to be the same for all sports. I dunno what the logic will be, but picking conference champ game participants has fewer variables with just two divisions. That wouldn't matter as much in basketball or baseball, but in football, it avoids potential headaches.

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yea I see your point. But staying in 2 divisions seems like it would go heavy on your division with the occasional cross con game.

Have only 3/4 constant rivals helps this a bunch with ticket sales, interest, etc.

I'm cool with it either way, mostly just pointing out there's no way to know yet what the format will be.

Since I live on the East coast, pods would let me travel to more games, so I'm good with that, even if it means the occasional bitch fest from a pod winner who doesn't get in the CCG.

I want the pod system so bad. Arkie Texas aggy ousux. Or sub mizzou for arkie because that may help in Texas recruiting.

3 pod games. Let aggy and arkie keep on playing in that dumb stadium. Tx ou in the cotton bowl. The rest are home / at home. 25% of the conference in figured out and those 2 neutral games bring a lot of dollars.

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I want the pod system so bad. Arkie Texas aggy ousux. Or sub mizzou for arkie because that may help in Texas recruiting.

3 pod games. Let aggy and arkie keep on playing in that dumb stadium. Tx ou in the cotton bowl. The rest are home / at home. 25% of the conference in figured out and those 2 neutral games bring a lot of dollars.

It'll be interesting to see if aggy lobbies to keep their "rivalry" with LSU alive. If so, Mizzou could be with us and maybe aggy will be with LSU and the Mississippis. This shouldn't happen, but maybe we have 4 pods with 1 crossover rival? 

It'll be interesting to see if aggy lobbies to keep their "rivalry" with LSU alive. If so, Mizzou could be with us and maybe aggy will be with LSU and the Mississippis. This shouldn't happen, but maybe we have 4 pods with 1 crossover rival? 

Per your quotes. Yea LSU cares about alabama a little more. And actually arkie as their second more than likely per tv ratings.

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:

aggy/arky in Jerry world expires in 2024 and likely won’t be renewed.  Going to home and home after that.

OU, aggy, and arky would be the ideal pod without rivals which would allow us to play the other teams more often but I have a feeling the sec won’t give up their “rivals” so we might see something like OU/arky/mizzou with a rivalry game with aggy (who is in a pod with LSU and the Mississippi schools) and honestly this might be the best for competitive balance.

The conference and TV people won’t let us not play aggy/OU annually so my only worry is if they give us arky or not.  aggy/OU/Mizzou pod would suck if we didn’t get arky as a “rival”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1