• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Wake me up when Arkansas' entire identity is wrapped up in playing Texas A&M in anything. Also, this game is in Dallas, not Fayetteville.

Calzada is notoriously inaccurate. If you guys can get pressure on him, he'll be a turnover machine. That said, Jimbo's offense is designed with a lot of safety valves so the QB only has to manage the game.

good thing their run game is rocking the world right now.. oh wait 

1 hour ago, Gohogs14 said:

A&M fans are calling this game Arkansas' Super Bowl too...guess we'll play a lot of them this year.

They did allow Colorado's QB to rush for 76 yards and gave up 5 YPC to Kent State. I think the key will be if Calzada can hit some of those deep passes that Card couldn't complete if Arkansas decides to go with a similar gameplan and try to stuff the run. Odom against a fairly inexperienced QB is usually pretty good though.

Don't fuck this up, but I suppose in some way you will and these cocksuckers will be loud after this weekend.  I can totally see y'all shitting the bed and wish the damn game was in Fayetteville for an epic beatdown.

20 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Don't fuck this up, but I suppose in some way you will and these cocksuckers will be loud after this weekend.  I can totally see y'all shitting the bed and wish the damn game was in Fayetteville for an epic beatdown.

Yep... Arky and A&M should be playing this as a home/home series instead of deferring it to Jerryworld.   More so Arky should drop the Jerryworld experience because the ratio of aggy will always be greater at Jerryworld than Hog because of proximity to their fan base.    I could understand when this was a non conference match maybe having it there.  But this isn't Texas/OU or Florida/UGA where the matchup is tied to a certain location going waaaayyyy back several decades.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep... Arky and A&M should be playing this as a home/home series instead of deferring it to Jerryworld.   More so Arky should drop the Jerryworld experience because the ratio of aggy will always be greater at Jerryworld than Hog because of proximity to their fan base.    I could understand when this was a non conference match maybe having it there.  But this isn't Texas/OU or Florida/UGA where the matchup is tied to a certain location going waaaayyyy back several decades.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPDq4tDIHpr9ojVhkk-SX

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yeah it started off as an OOC game there for two years prior to them joining the SEC. 

The fan split used to be more even (or maybe 55-45 A&M) but obviously Arkansas sucking so much lately it's gone way in favor of A&M. I agree that it needs to go back to campus but I wonder if there would be plans to replace it with a Big 12 team if that happens. I don't really think Arkansas needs that game anymore with road games in Austin and College Station now in the conference anyway for Texas recruiting exposure...if it even helps with Texas recruiting now.

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Thats got to be a mistake.  Their 1st game in the sec was vs. Florida in BCS.  This would make it 3 home games against Florida and zero in the swamp. 

They played in the swamp I think in Rumlin's last season.

What's crazy is next year they'll have played Florida four times and Georgia only once.

"Our redneck brethren" over on Secrant started talking about the Forbes billionaire, pridefully pointing out "all the wealth" of the SEC footprint. Of course an aggy had to chime in:

"Texas has at least 56 Billionaires though and Aggy got a ton of it, gotta love the oil business."

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/not-only-is-the-sec-very-rich-but-each-sec-state-has-its-billionaires-too/98509338/

So I pulled up the list of Texas billionaires as listed by Forbes. Not only does aggy not "got a ton of it," in fact I can't find a single person on the list that even meets the low bar of being an aggy "former student." I couldn't even find one who had a kid who went to A&M. Does "not even one" count as "a ton"?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2021/04/07/theres-a-new-richest-man-in-texas-and-hes-a-california-transplant/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"Our redneck brethren" over on Secrant started talking about the Forbes billionaire, pridefully pointing out "all the wealth" of the SEC footprint. Of course an aggy had to chime in:

"Texas has at least 56 Billionaires though and Aggy got a ton of it, gotta love the oil business."

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/not-only-is-the-sec-very-rich-but-each-sec-state-has-its-billionaires-too/98509338/

So I pulled up the list of Texas billionaires as listed by Forbes. Not only does aggy not "got a ton of it," in fact I can't find a single person on the list that even meets the low bar of being an aggy "former student." I couldn't even find one who had a kid who went to A&M. Does "not even one" count as "a ton"?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2021/04/07/theres-a-new-richest-man-in-texas-and-hes-a-california-transplant/

Yeah, I think system wise we have 10. I count 7 that graduated in Austin. They used to have one in George Mitchell. Al-Falih maybe? Who knows how much he has. Don Adam before he died? They may not have any living.

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah, I think system wise we have 10. I count 7 that graduated in Austin. They used to have one in George Mitchell. Al-Falih maybe? Who knows how much he has. Don Adam before he died? They may not have any living.

None of the names you gave were listed. Mitchell didn't have enough for any of his heirs to be listed.

Typical clueless aggy. "We gots tons of billionaires."

Not one.

This is so typical of the "aggy education." No effort whatsoever to ascertain any facts or to establish even the flimsiest basis for an opinion. Quite typical of a trade school education.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Re-read it, maybe he said "tons of pubichairs"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

This is so typical of the "aggy education." No effort whatsoever to ascertain any facts or to establish even the flimsiest basis for an opinion. Quite typical of a trade school education.

That is an insult to trade schools.  I know plenty of people with trade school educations and they are quite good at fixing my AC or stopping a plumbing leak.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That is an insult to trade schools.  I know plenty of people with trade school educations and they are quite good at fixing my AC or stopping a plumbing leak.

I think a degree from a trade school and getting a license will work out better than having to hawk insurance because you got a "degree" from aggy

I recently took the time to pull up the Supreme Court case that deals with the "A&M was required by the Morrill Act to offer military instruction and A&M has always been a military school" fairy tale.

Hamilton v Regents 293 U.S. 245 (1934)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/293/245/#259

aggypedia has the background of aggy being founded as a reform school for boys and a military-style disciplinary structure was created to keep the brats in line. The 1934 Sup.Ct case pointed out:

"We take judicial notice of the long established voluntary cooperation between federal and state authorities in respect of the military instruction given in the land grant colleges. [Footnote 4] The War Department has not been empowered to determine, or in any manner to prescribe, the military instruction in these institutions."

further...

"So long as its action is within retained powers and not inconsistent with any exertion of the authority of the national government and transgresses no right safeguarded to the citizen by the Federal Constitution, the state is the sole judge of the means to be employed and the amount of training to be exacted for the effective accomplishment of these ends."

So the SupCt pointed out the federal government (War Dept) never had been given legal authority to prescribe what military training was or was not given at Land Grant colleges.

And there you have it. The Morrill Act did not require A&M to offer military training. The federal government is not permitted to speak on the type of military training offered by the states (if any). The entire time aggy has offered any type of fake army costume club it has entirely been at the discretion of the aggy school administrators. Participation in the costume club was made optional by the aggy school administrators in the early 1960s and today the aggy corps is no more a part of the nation's defense than the Cub Scouts.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I recently took the time to pull up the Supreme Court case that deals with the "A&M was required by the Morrill Act to offer military instruction and A&M has always been a military school" fairy tale.

aggypedia has the background of aggy being founded as a reform school for boys and a military-style disciplinary structure was created to keep the brats in line. The 1934 Sup.Ct case pointed out:
"We take judicial notice of the long established voluntary cooperation between federal and state authorities in respect of the military instruction given in the land grant colleges. [Footnote 4] The War Department has not been empowered to determine, or in any manner to prescribe, the military instruction in these institutions."
further...
"So long as its action is within retained powers and not inconsistent with any exertion of the authority of the national government and transgresses no right safeguarded to the citizen by the Federal Constitution, the state is the sole judge of the means to be employed and the amount of training to be exacted for the effective accomplishment of these ends."
So the SupCt pointed out the federal government (War Dept) never had been given legal authority to prescribe what military training was or was not given at Land Grant colleges.
And there you have it. The Morrill Act did not require A&M to offer military training. The federal government is not permitted to speak on the type of military training offered by the states (if any). The entire time aggy has offered any type of fake army costume club it has entirely been at the discretion of the aggy school administrators. Participation in the costume club was made optional by the aggy school administrators in the early 1960s and today the aggy corps is no more a part of the nation's defense than the Cub Scouts.

You’re doing good work, sir.

You’re doing the Lord’s work
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

further...

Scoutmaster cletus reporting for duty sir!

401629a592d120b9acab5326f7bc88b0.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/21/2021 at 10:21 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

This one of those rare weeks I feel dirty for rooting for one team I despise to beat another I really despise.    Looking forward to doing this twice when we start SEC play and Arky plays OUsux too.   Better stock up on the wire brushes to scrub the yuck off me.  

It's ok. Don't think of it as rooting for Arky. Think of it as rooting against aggy. 

See? It's all good.

• Hook 'Em 2