• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I’ve never regretted shunning a trade school education and obtaining a legitimate university undergrad degree. 

Quit worring about tu until a&m plays them and start being concerned about what a lousy season this is goiong to be. YES, I'M DAMNED MAD AT LAZY, SLOPPY, UNMOTIVATED FOOTBALL!!!!! A&M IS GETTING SCREWED BY EVERY BIG MOUTH COACH THAT COMES ALONG. Think about all the academic scholarchips that could help underpriviledged kids that is wasted on this football program!!!!!”

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3231780

• Haha 2

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3231630

We know who we are now as a team.

We know the ceiling is probably 9-3 or 10-2 losing to Bama and Ole Miss going forward.

We know Calzada can't throw into coverage, hence why Arky rushed only 3 all the time.

We know it ALWAYS takes our defense a quarter and a half to settle down and not let the opponent get anything big.

Hey, it's okay though. I like where the team is heading. I love that Jimbo is our coach. Do we maybe need a new OC, eh, sure. Still love watching this team fight to the end.

The bolded always make me laugh.

1) As if Bama and Ole Miss are the only teams they need to worry about.

2) This one in particular is silly. When your HC is the guy with the offense it doesn't matter who the OC is. Jimbo gonna run what Jimbo gonna run.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

You left out the fact that in 2014 they commenced a capital campaign for the academic side of the university. It raised roughly $4 billion. And after they received the money, their net financial position dropped.

Only aggys could raise $4 billion and end up with less money than they started with.

A&M 2018 net position.jpeg

Randolph, I've been claiming something from memory that you can perhaps document for me. 

Aggies now say that they call us teasips because while they were out winning America's wars, we were on the porch sipping tea. 

My recollection is that Aggies called us teasippers because we were effeminately sipping tea in the shade of the porch while they were out doing manly work on the farms and such. It was blue collar vs. white collar.

Now that they are even less of military oriented school than when the term arose, I find it ironic that tens of thousands of never-soldiers who were never even in the cosplay corps want to claim military credentials. 

Am I correct in this recollection?

Also, I'm sure that any Aggie who actually served in combat would not scorn even a teasipper who also served. It's just not the way of military service as I've observed it.

Thanks if you find time to look into this.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

YES. Lol this is the ad spot that most schools use to promote their university (Academics, values, research, and athletics). Instead Aggy uses it to show some sleeveless weirdo in overalls yelling a bunch of jibberish with thousands of other weirdos. Unbelievable

Also note that they're putting the fear into their SEC brothers. They've arrived. They will be loved and feared and respected and envied just as they have always deserved.

They are (were) confident enough to poke the grizzly bear with a stick. Next, they got eaten by a pig.

• Haha 1

"We tried to warn you but you had to get your wake up call to see we were right

But it's okay! Now you've seen we were right about the simple fact that this D is not elite and that any offense that depends on backups, freshmen and second stringers will have no success in the SEC.

So you could watch us lose to everyone capable of scoring more than 10 points and drive your blood pressure through the roof, or you can accept this is a bad team and just enjoy fall instead! Take your kids to the fair, carve a pumpkin, enjoy a cup of coffee outside on a cool morning. Do that instead of torturing yourself over a team bound for the Weed Eater Bowl.

Life is 100% better when you stop having any expectations for A&M football."

Aggy Tears.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyTapia said:

My god that is the corniest shit I’ve seen in a while 

In a state that 40%  Hispanic and 12% African-American, there doesn't appear to be a single person of color.  How is that possible, statistically speaking? It's as if Joseph Smith fucked Brigham Young's wife and gave birth to an entire army of inbred cultists.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I love it when i get lectued about my lack of understanding of the AUF payments.

Starting in 12 or 13 the AUF payments skyrocketed.

aggy raised pennies for their new krogerbox, floated bonds with service payments their program can't make.

THEY ARE DOING IT WITH OUR MONEY.

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I love it when i get lectued about my lack of understanding of the AUF payments.

Starting in 12 or 13 the AUF payments skyrocketed.

aggy raised pennies for their new krogerbox, floated bonds with service payments their program can't make.

THEY ARE DOING IT WITH OUR MONEY.

Haha.  I hadn't been on this thread in a year, that i remember.  Greatness.  I thought this was the year for JUMBO and those fks.  I guess not.  Their offense sucks and D is just ok.  This is where recruits "want" to go per some on this board?  They gett paid to continue a legacy of suckage. 

Edited by RollLeft

er..ma.gherd.
i assume this is when boomhauer arrived in collieville?
bands greet new arrivals.  get that.
bu their costumes make these fuckers look like they are treating it like the arrival of a head of state.
All he's missing is an ill fitting military style suit with tons of medals and ribbons..and a shiny WWII era helmet. He truly is tin pot dictator of Collie station. Gomers ask "how high and how long sir?" before Jimbo can even think about saying jump..

Head corch of Texum aggy bulldogs truly is the best job in the country, no question about it.

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Randolph, I've been claiming something from memory that you can perhaps document for me. 

Aggies now say that they call us teasips because while they were out winning America's wars, we were on the porch sipping tea. 

My recollection is that Aggies called us teasippers because we were effeminately sipping tea in the shade of the porch while they were out doing manly work on the farms and such. It was blue collar vs. white collar.

Now that they are even less of military oriented school than when the term arose, I find it ironic that tens of thousands of never-soldiers who were never even in the cosplay corps want to claim military credentials. 

Also, I'm sure that any Aggie who actually served in combat would not scorn even a teasipper who also served. It's just not the way of military service as I've observed it.

That's roughly the story I also understand them to be claiming, but we are talking about aggys, so until I dig into the origin of the term personally, I'm not entirely relying on the aggy version of history.

The problem for the ags is they know UT Austin had far greater numbers serve and die during WWI and UT Austin was well recognized for its overall contributions during that war. So no, they don't have a legitimate reason to make the claim they were "out winning America's wars."

It is true UT students were not treated as cannon fodder by the military establishment and weren't killed needlessly because (how do I say this delicately?) no society wastes its best and brightest as cannon fodder.

sip work snip.JPG

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Haha.  I hadn't been on this thread in a year, that i remember.  Greatness.  I thought this was the year for JUMBO and those fks.  I guess not.  Their offense sucks and D is just ok.  This is where recruits "want" to go per some on this board?  They gett paid to continue a legacy of suckage. 

When they said next year, they didn't mean this next year. They mean next year. Until it means the next next year. It's kinda like a non-clever sign at a bar that says Free Beer Tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Texas has always been an uppercrust school, so the tea sipping thing stuck. Maybe someone should remind them that our stadium's true name is Memorial Stadium for the men from the school who died in WWI.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just a reminder that Jimbo publicly said this summer that they're going to kick bama's ass, and that Saban was so concerned about it that he ran to the portal looking to fix his broken team.

I cannot wait for this epic showdown.  I'm sure Saban hasn't leveraged any of this for bulletin board material/extra motivation.

• Haha 2

Back in the day, Aggy had a coach named Fran who dished out aggy misery at a lethal rate. He even teamed up with Athletic director bill Byrne to sling that shit. I often wondered to myself, Is this as good as it gets?

Fran took his massive buyout and hit the road. Along came a fatter and lazier coach named Sherm. He wanted to deal more aggy misery than Fran, and right from the start too. His first game was a home loss to Arkansas State. Again I wondered to myself, is this as good as it gets?

Lazy Sherm gave way to Sumlin, but Sumlin far outperformed Sherm from an Aggy misery standpoint. It all started with a heisman trophy; that’s how I knew Sumlin was going to be a legit Aggy misery dealer; he started on a high note, something his predecessors failed to do. 
Lets just say Sumlin delivered the good stuff before collecting his buyout and riding off into the sunset. I said to myself, this is as good as it gets. 

aggy decided to up the ante: they hired a sitting power five national championship coach.  And paid him an ungodly amount of money.  And here we are.

so my question to you is: Is this as good as it gets?

Edited by Terry Silver
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Every season has been a “building block” season for them as long as anyone younger than 82 has been alive.

What is Jimbo’s W-L record thus far in his tenure compared to Sumlin’s? If I had to guess I’d say it’s nearly identical or Sumlin may even have the slight edge but again that’s just a complete guesstimate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Terry Silver said:

Back in the day, Aggy had a coach named Fran who dished out aggy misery at a lethal rate. He even teamed up with Athletic director bill Byrne to sling that shit. I often wondered to myself, Is this as good as it gets?

Fran took his massive buyout and hit the road. Along came a fatter and lazier coach named Sherm. He wanted to deal more aggy misery than Fran, and right from the start too. His first game was a home loss to Arkansas State. Again I wondered to myself, is this as good as it gets?

Lazy Sherm gave way to Sumlin, but Sumlin far outperformed Sherm from an Aggy misery standpoint. It all started with a heisman trophy; that’s how I knew Sumlin was going to be a legit Aggy misery dealer; he started on a high note, something his predecessors failed to do. 
Lets just say Sumlin delivered the good stuff before collecting his buyout and riding off into the sunset. I said to myself, this is as good as it gets. 

aggy decided to up the ante: they hired a sitting power five national championship coach.  And paid him an ungodly amount of money.  And here we are.

so my question to you is: Is this as good as it gets?

Nope. Saban gonna go there then retire before they ever take a snap.

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's wins the last 3 regular seasons-

Texas State 3-9

Lamar 4-8

Arkansas 2-10

Ole Miss 4-8

Miss State 6-7

UTSA 4-8

South Carolina 4-8

Vanderbilt 0-9

Florida 8-4

Miss State 4-7

Arkansas 3-7

South Carolina 3-7

LSU 5-5

Auburn 6-5

Tennessee 3-7

Kent State 1-3

Colorado 1-3

New Mexico 2-2

ROI : Negative

LOL: Max

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If we assume that last years team would have won both games that were cancelled last year:

Kevin Sumlin's first 3 seasons as aggy coach had 28 wins

jimbo Fisher's first 3 seasons as aggy coach had 28 wins.

And they have no depth and are worse at all offensive positions except RB. Aggy will look like FSU in 3 years once Jimbo bolts 

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Just a reminder that Jimbo publicly said this summer that they're going to kick bama's ass, and that Saban was so concerned about it that he ran to the portal looking to fix his broken team.

I cannot wait for this epic showdown.  I'm sure Saban hasn't leveraged any of this for bulletin board material/extra motivation.

Jimbo was ready to kick Bama's ass this summer.  This fall though.....

• Haha 2