• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wonder how large that payment would have to be to convince them to play for Jimbo for another year. aggy boosters are gonna need to sell a loooooooot of insurance between now and then. 

This has been aggy’s problem for as long as they’ve been around. They’ve also had a lot of bad offenses throughout the years. 

Have to think Saban knows this is a great opportunity to step on Jimbo’s throat and really set their program back. 

How many times have former Saban assistants beat Saban once they became head coach?  

oh yeah...

A&M has about 2,800 kids in the corps. They commission about 225 students each year through their ROTC program. In 4 years, roughly 900 kids commission theough the A&M ROTC program.
900/ 2,800 = 32%
So, less than 1/3 of the kids you see in their silly costumes will eventually obtain a commission through A&M's ROTC program. That rate fluctuates between 25% and 35%.
Thanks RD! It's comically tragic how much flair they wear. I am so embarrassed for them that I shrug off the wannabe dorks and their uniforms

6 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Depends on the part of the tibia he broke.  If it was up by the tibia plateau he's fucked for far longer.  If not they could rod that thing up and he could be back by then.

That's part of the problem with those idiots, there's been too much rodding up over there as there is.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Viper said:

The secretary getting this FOIA request is going to be so confused.

Transcript

Replay Booth (RB):  Hey Ron, whatcha got?

Field Ref (FR):  Possession by control before defender hit the ground. Interception.

RB:  Yeah, ground appears to cause movement after control, play stands.

FR:  Alright .. thanks.. I'll let em know....

RB:  HOLD ON! HOLD ON!

FR: What?

RB:  It's a 150 TV timeout.

FR:  Uh, ok, I'll get with the crew for cleanup. be back.

(2 minutes elapses)

FR:  Hey Chris we good to go?

RB: Naw man, TV says they need another 2.

FR:  Sure.  Hey Chris, remember when we were here in '86  and had a fuckin' blast at the Video Bar in Deep Ellum.  Any shit like that around where I can act 22?

RB:  I take it your not flying home after the game...(chuckles)...(inaudible).  I'll check the web.  Call me after the game. 

FR: Will do. (singing) Sunday, bloody sunday.....

FR:  The call on the field stands!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Someone should ask for a FOI Act on dumbo's contract? I bet it is written in crayon?

It would be an Open Records Act request. 

Here’s the original. Not sure if the extension has been finalized yet. 

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/10/Jimbo-Fisher-Texas-AM.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Wow.  Arkansas held aggy to 10 points and 272 total yards, and they "never stopped" them.

It were penalties and such. Flyin' saucers and shit. Swirling winds in JerryWorld. I'm talkin' apoc-OH-lyptic dust storms and frogs rainin' from the ceilin'. Man, you just don't know. Otherwise, we had them motherfuckers.

Aggie slept they QB and that guy came back and powered over half the Aggie defense for a fourth quarter, crowning first down despite a bad knee and ankle on the same leg. 

Despite the presence of Kendall Briles, I'm going to have fun pulling for pig the rest of this season. They're tough. My fanship expires in January. They won't go undefeated, but they won't ever go quietly, either. That's football to me.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wonder how large that payment would have to be to convince them to play for Jimbo for another year. aggy boosters are gonna need to sell a loooooooot of insurance between now and then. 

This has been aggy’s problem for as long as they’ve been around. They’ve also had a lot of bad offenses throughout the years. 

Have to think Saban knows this is a great opportunity to step on Jimbo’s throat and really set their program back. 

Yeah, but ol' Nick is shaken in his boots when it comes to golf.

13 hours ago, Message Board User said:

SIAP.

The Aggies are setting up a perfect storm of empty, premature bravado about their arrival at the top, hubris with their silly Midnight Yell ad scaring the rest of the SEC, their nationally self-humiliating whine about tu and OU crashing their party, and having all of that draw attention to just how bizarre they are in detail.

America, there's a new Pollack in town, and his name is Aggie.

For so long they wanted to believe we were a national laughing stock (we caught our share, no doubt), but now the Irony Gods will have their way with the Texas A&M University Fighting Texas Aggies from Texas. 

I'm enjoying this way too much, but Aggies doing slack-jawed surrender cobras in the stands while we start looking like we should is such a righting of part of this mad world we live in. 

We're living this, bros:

Still genius.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, Orange&White said:

Does anyone know how much buyout the aggies have paid their last 4 coaches?

I am bored this morning so I looked this up.

Fran's buyout was $5M, but negotiated down to $4.4M.

Sherman's was $5.8M negotiated down to $2M.

Sumlin's was $10.4M and negotiated down to ...drum roll.... $10.4M, with no offset and had to be paid within 60 days.

Jimbo's is obviously $9M per year remaining on the contract with no negotiation for buyouts.

John Sharpe is just doing a heck of a job as the Athletic Director, Fuhrer, School President over there. I hope he stays forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Come on pirate beat the pretend soldier

I would definitely say Tortilla Tceh's West Texas Dirt Monkeys vs Aggy is the thing I miss the most about Aggy leaving the B12.  I mean we got so many classics out of their perpetual choke job to the WTDMs

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2021/9/28/22694086/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-tigers-and-aggies-are-disappoint

Man either rollbamaroll has gotten lazy or the ministry of information did a stellar fucking job during and after the game.

Turning on Looch?

Only positive is no stringy haired journalistic hack on the sideline.

• Haha 1