Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

56 minutes ago, demos said:

Maybe. Just couldn’t believe how much pressure they were putting on him to not go there vs A&M. Judging from Facebook he’s all in now.

My only rule for my kids is they can’t go to aggy. Go anywhere else you want, because it’s already paid for. Preferably several hours/states away.

My "not a fucking chance" list includes Baylor along with aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Here’s another:

Cousin’s kid was looking at colleges, applied to and was accepted to the Naval Academy. Cousin, who is an aggy, convinced him to go to A&M and join the corps.

Bottled my mind.

Well he is either the smartest Aggie or the dumbest if true. Not sure which.

It’s probably bullshit and they are telling you this to try and make Aggie look better

23 minutes ago, demos said:

Btw

622b561a67f7bcf9275b59ae51f878fc.jpg

If there was any doubt Saban was going to take aggy lightly - and then be this openly disrespectful to them - then this let's you know he's ready to lay down a biblical style ass beating. He wants this to be like 59-6 in the 4th quarter and then Brad and Gary start talking about that Jimbo "gonna kick his ass" quote for like 10 minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Why not both?

I'm pretty sure I recall Randolph Duke mentioning that they have klan robes in their library additionally did you sleep through the whole Sul Ross bullshit last year?

They do. IIRC from the person I spoke with, the dispute was not whether klan robes were in the archives, but whether they belonged to said late university president Sul Ross.

That doesn’t have to be CR; although I guess the statue stuff talked about is. 

On a different note, why do the Aggie Yell Leaders wear those painted overalls when they have “Yell Practice” at night and yell ‘Farmers Fight’ and then dress in white costumes on game days when the farmers are actually supposed to be fighting?

8 hours ago, demos said:

My only rule for my kids is they can’t go to aggy. Go anywhere else you want, because it’s already paid for. Preferably several hours/states away.

My only rule, was my money was not going to Norman Oklahoma. If one of my kids wanted to suck, then they could pay for it.

Ive already come to the realization that most likely my daughter will be an aggy. She’s wanted to be a large animal vet as long as I can remember. She is a junior in high school now and I’ve already informed her that when the family comes to visit we will be wearing burnt orange. At least my sons got his head on straight. He is a junior in the aerospace engineering program at UT. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zukster said:

My only rule, was my money was not going to Norman Oklahoma. If one of my kids wanted to suck, then they could pay for it.

Ive already come to the realization that most likely my daughter will be an aggy. She’s wanted to be a large animal vet as long as I can remember. She is a junior in high school now and I’ve already informed her that when the family comes to visit we will be wearing burnt orange. At least my sons got his head on straight. He is a junior in the aerospace engineering program at UT. 

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/vetschool/

Specializes in large animals. Just FYI.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Zukster said:

Tech is getting a vet school or worst case scenario she goes to Okie Lite. Years of either would be better than visiting your daughter on campus even one time in aggyland.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Tech is getting a vet school or worst case scenario she goes to Okie Lite. Years of either would be better than visiting your daughter on campus even one time in aggyland.

I cannot even begin to fathom the horror of such a grim scenario ...

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They do. IIRC from the person I spoke with, the dispute was not whether klan robes were in the archives, but whether they belonged to said late university president Sul Ross.

None of the Klan robes in the aggy faculty/ alumni Klan robe collections belong to Sul Ross, as far as I know. 

The Klan operated (operates) in secret. When Ross was “doing his thing,” his fellow white supremacists operated out in the open. That were that brazen. 

The 1886 Texas election that brought Ross the governorship was so amazingly and so brazenly corrupt it set off an investigation by the U.S. Senate. 

Racial cleansing of numerous counties, open lynchings, and when Black Texans objected, Ross sent state military forces to kill even more Blacks. The Jim Crow laws were first enacted under Ross. 

Ross did everything in his power to openly support white supremacists from the Governor’s mansion. Since they knew the state would never prosecute racial hate crimes, and knowing a governor’s pardon would be given even if there was prosecution, Ross and his fellow white supremacists terrorized Black Texans without having to hide. (Remember the Jaybird-Woodpecker War?)

Hence, Ross had no need to hide his racial hatred behind a Klan robe. 

After Ross' death, as the racial atrocities began to horrify more and more white Texans, the Klan flourished. And yes, during aggy home football games on campus, they did actually promote upcoming Klan rallies over the in-game public address system. Klan 48 was (is) the Brazos County Klan chapter.

aggy klan rally robes.jpeg

1886 election outrages.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Zukster said:

Then you should get him a BMF belt buckle. That program takes zero prisoners.

• Hook 'Em 2

So your wife had an affair that resulted in your daughter?  Meh, happens to the best of us...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Why is this thread taking off more than normal? Is aggy getting exposed in oddness on social media? Or are we as a board just laughing at 2 losses in a row?

number of posts stays inverse of the point that they are at on the roller coaster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Take her to ft Collins 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Zukster said:

NC State is not too far away for vet school. 

7 hours ago, Zukster said:

You could let her go to Auburn for Vet school, they have a great program. Of course she would still be in a cult, the Auburn "fambly" is strong.

The only positive I could see would be there are probably few barn fans around you unlike the aggie cult.