• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

This is a quality melt on SEC Rant. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/glad-this-season-is-over/99871806/

"Honestly I'm probably going to sit 2022 and 2023 out as well. If there was a vaccine against giving a shite about A&M athletics I would take triple the dosage. Please either anchor or remove my front page topics as I'm not going to update them. I've accepted that A&M will never win anything meaningful when I'm alive.

I'm glad I didn't watch the shite show ending live.

I'm glad that the dipshits on texags will now have to work overtime to spin this bull shite and get their garbage shoved in their faces."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Can they not cuss over there?

The mods are weird on SEC rant but in terms of objectivity the aggy SEC rant board is one of the best. They always mock Texags/Gigem247  and there are quality posters over there. 

For an aggy board, it's by far the best because it's not constant sunshine pumping and they're at least willing to have real discussions. DR RC's post from that thread nailed it. 

Spoiler

No, it really isn't.

1. It's obvious that even though Bama is ranked #3 right now that they are nowhere near what they have been in years past and are extremely lucky to not be sitting on at least 2 or 3 more losses. Our win against them kicked arse at the time. It's also very likely fool's gold just like last season where we lucked out getting pretty much every bad SEC team on our schedule and a bowl opponent who had nearly all their starting skill position players sit for the draft.

2. Had we beaten LSU we'd have a shot at winning 10 games for the year which is something that has only happened one time (2012) since the turn of the century. The last coach to have multiple 10 wins seasons was RC Slocum back in the 90s w/his last being in '98. Scoff all you want but winning 10 games is still a big accomplishment and after 4 years of the $100m man we have yet to achieve that baseline.

3. This LSU team is AWFUL. Their HC was fired mid season. They are running w/a mediocre backup QB same as us. They are down so many starters on defense that we should have been able to do whatever we wanted on offense. Instead we got the same old same old predictable offense that is painfully scripted to the point that Jimbo loses track of his best offensive weapons for entire quarters as he doesn't ever do wild concept such as let the hot hand get the ball.

4. This is the 3rd time this season Jimbo completely stopped using an RB in the 4th who had been the main catalyst for getting the team back in the game w/big runs in the 3rd of tight games. All three were losses. It happened with Achane and once with Spiller. Jimbo had a nonsensical answer for why it happened with Spiller. Then he said he'd look at how it happened with Achane and would do better in the future and yet here we are a second time. It's now clearly a pattern with his play calling.

5. We are in year 4 of a guy who was given a national title trophy case when he got here and in year 4 we are still a middling 4 loss team staring at a year 5 that will 100% be billed as a rebuilding year. Most of the defensive standouts will be gone, we'll be rolling w/either a true freshman or a redshirt sophomore who played essentially one game at QB, the line is still a mess, and our WRs drop passes like the ball is on fire.

Right now our best case scenario is that Jimbo ends up like Mack Brown or Dabo and gets a title in year 8 or so but even Brown and Dabo were winning 10-11 games a season by year 4.

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Spoiler

We are in year 4 of a guy who was given a national title trophy case when he got here and in year 4 we are still a middling 4 loss team staring at a year 5 that will 100% be billed as a rebuilding year. Most of the defensive standouts will be gone, we'll be rolling w/either a true freshman or a redshirt sophomore who played essentially one game at QB, the line is still a mess, and our WRs drop passes like the ball is on fire.

HaHaHaHa...   aggy tears !!!I

Awesome seeing aggy getting that 4th loss against lame duck coach "Cajun Cookie Monster" 😋

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, horngasm22 said:

why are agroids mad? their starting QB was injured for the year, so 8 wins is not bad with calzone.

Irrational Aggy Expectations.  They came into the year thinking they were going to compete to play in the SEC Championship Game and/or were going to be part of the national championship playoff picture.  Reality then hit and they finished fifth in their division despite beating Alabama.  

1 hour ago, horngasm22 said:

why are agroids mad? their starting QB was injured for the year, so 8 wins is not bad with calzone.

Their starting quarterback managed to throw three interceptions against... Kent State.  I'm not sure Calzone was a downgrade.

12 minutes ago, deech said:

Irrational Aggy Expectations.  They came into the year thinking they were going to compete to play in the SEC Championship Game and/or were going to be part of the national championship playoff picture.  Reality then hit and they finished fifth in their division despite beating Alabama.  

Definitely this.  In 2020, they all thought it was THEIR year because they had a veteran QB, a veteran o-line, and reasons to believe they had a decent defense returning.  And they were right.  Sure it was a weird COVID year, but they still had a good season.  

But somehow, despite knowing that 2020 was going to be a peak and that 2021 should be a step back based on all of the offensive losses, they somehow managed to convince themselves that their "top 4" finish in 2020, meant they had successfully climbed the ladder, and 2021 was just inevitably going to be even better.  Winning the SEC and making the CFP were now a foregone conclusion.  The total disconnect between those expectations, and the reality of what their team lost in the off-season, was baffling.

And so, here we are.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Their starting quarterback managed to throw three interceptions against... Kent State.  I'm not sure Calzone was a downgrade.

Definitely this.  In 2020, they all thought it was THEIR year because they had a veteran QB, a veteran o-line, and reasons to believe they had a decent defense returning.  And they were right.  Sure it was a weird COVID year, but they still had a good season.  

But somehow, despite knowing that 2020 was going to be a peak and that 2021 should be a step back based on all of the offensive losses, they somehow managed to convince themselves that their "top 4" finish in 2020, meant they had successfully climbed the ladder, and 2021 was just inevitably going to be even better.  Winning the SEC and making the CFP were now a foregone conclusion.  The total disconnect between those expectations, and the reality of what their team lost in the off-season, was baffling.

And so, here we are.

olin aggys ooze confidence.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

This is one of those rare days I wish I had more friends who are aggy fans.

I can't wait to see next year's aggy cup commemorating this game. I'm voting for this:

calzada smd.jpeg

My favorite part is the poor grammar.  It encapsulates both the aggy football and academic tradition beautifully.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

How many opt outs for their bowl game? 

Seems like they will have several. Leal, Spiller, Green and Wydermyer could all opt out. 

I don’t think Jimbo has ever had a bowl game “opt-out” at a&m…..of course, he’s never had a first rounder either. 

1 hour ago, deech said:

Irrational Aggy Expectations.  They came into the year thinking they were going to compete  in the SEC Championship Game and national championship playoff picture.  Reality then hit and they finished fifth in their division despite beating Bama.  

SEC - East

CONF OVERALL HOME ROAD NEUTRAL PF PA STRK
 Georgia 8-0 12-0 6-0 4-0 2-0 488 83 W12
 Kentucky 5-3 9-3 6-1 3-2 0-0 400 265 W3
 Tennessee 4-4 7-5 5-3 2-2 0-0 466 330 W2
 Missouri 3-5 6-6 5-2 1-4 0-0 356 416 L1
 South Carolina 3-5 6-6 5-2 1-4 0-0 256 291 L1
 Florida 2-6 6-6 5-1 1-4 0-1 382 319 W1
 Vanderbilt 0-8 2-10 1-6 1-4 0-0 189 430 L7
SEC - West

CONF OVERALL HOME ROAD NEUTRAL PF PA STRK
 Alabama 7-1 11-1 7-0 3-1 1-0 512 239 W6
 Ole Miss 6-2 10-2 7-0 2-2 1-0 431 300 W4
 Arkansas 4-4 8-4 6-1 1-3 1-0 378 288 W1
 Mississippi State 4-4 7-5 4-3 3-2 0-0 371 303 L1
 Texas A&M 4-4 8-4 6-1 1-2 1-1 352 191 L1
 Auburn 3-5 6-6 4-3 2-3 0-0 355 266 L4
 LSU 3-5 6-6 5-2 1-4 0-0 325 304 W2

2 hours ago, deech said:

They somehow blame the season on the loss of King. The same guy who threw four picks at Akron and was trailing colorado before he got hurt.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

10752603.jpeg

Feb 28, 2018:

"When you listen to Jimbo talk, you know he can already taste it," Sharp told the Chronicle on Wednesday evening of why he gave Fisher the mythical plaque. "He is driven." https://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-chancellor-John-Sharp-gives-coach-Jimbo-12717985.php

Jimbo Fisher isn't shying away from the championship-or-bust pressure at Texas A&M. "The timeline is now," he said of bringing a title to College Station. "You want to win immediately." https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24113399/jimbo-fisher-ready-win-immediately-texas-am?device=featurephone

Whether or not he lives up to his massive deal remains to be seen, but the Aggies will need to see some major improvements in the next few years to keep the good feelings going. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/regrets-jimbo-fishers-10-year-deal-chancellor-jokes-wanted-longer/

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1