Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

6368DF18-4545-47F1-B184-C78E2D6BECC8.png

Umm, National Powerhouse? When?

Also, I hope the rest of the university benefits, seeing as they lent all those education dollars to the football program. 

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

Texas 8&4

That’s pretty damn funny. 😁

• Haha 1

• Replies 71.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I hope the conference realignment finally fucks them over in scheduling.  These punk asses have been in the SEC 10 years and played Georgia one fucking time.  ONE.

Over the same time period they have played South Carolina eight times, Missouri four times and Vanderbilt three times.  Talk about getting all the scheduling breaks possible.

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I hope the conference realignment finally fucks them over in scheduling.  These punk asses have been in the SEC 10 years and played Georgia one fucking time.  ONE.

Over the same time period they have played South Carolina eight times, Missouri four times and Vanderbilt three times.  Talk about getting all the scheduling breaks possible.

It’ll be interesting to see if Aggy makes an argument to keep South Carolina on their schedule. I can’t think of a single memorable game in the history of their cross division “rivalry”. 

Edited rant from a FB friend.....I thought it was worth preserving here, if only for "gullible coonskinners":

Aggie football - this comment applies to much more than dumb, vainglorious Aggies. The NCAA must be abolished. College sports must be taxed and funds redistributed to education for all as long as the herd congregates in front of their boobtubes. The nonsense of a college coach getting $90 million to ‘coach’emup’ is a joke on taxpayers because coaches are defrauding the public thru use of state property. An Aggie coach can sucker a bunch of gullible coonskinners who wouldn't know a football from a holiday grapefruit but said coonskinners are making it through public ignorance and this giveaway has to end. There is no reason to expect that the Tx legislature will do anything but the legislature cannot continue to scuttle constitutionally-mandated public education thru grants to charter schools while giving another stinking, incompetent Aggie football coach $9 million per season for nothing. Put the golden calf in the back pasture. Get a life you dumb Aggies.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Edited rant from a FB friend.....I thought it was worth preserving here, if only for "gullible coonskinners":

Aggie football - this comment applies to much more than dumb, vainglorious Aggies. The NCAA must be abolished. College sports must be taxed and funds redistributed to education for all as long as the herd congregates in front of their boobtubes. The nonsense of a college coach getting $90 million to ‘coach’emup’ is a joke on taxpayers because coaches are defrauding the public thru use of state property. An Aggie coach can sucker a bunch of gullible coonskinners who wouldn't know a football from a holiday grapefruit but said coonskinners are making it through public ignorance and this giveaway has to end. There is no reason to expect that the Tx legislature will do anything but the legislature cannot continue to scuttle constitutionally-mandated public education thru grants to charter schools while giving another stinking, incompetent Aggie football coach $9 million per season for nothing. Put the golden calf in the back pasture. Get a life you dumb Aggies.

It's cute that he thinks the funds come from the school.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I’ve said it before, jimbo is Mack brown with the media. They absolutely love him. Even though he has the same record as stumblin they all say “this just feels looks different”. I’m still waiting for different.

Fixed it.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, HtownHorn said:

They also get 3-4 free wins every year due to their shitty schedule. Texas would absolutely be 4-0 against the same 4 OOC teams aggy played. Which would take away 2 of our losses.

They need those easy games to heal from the rigors of getting beat up by SEC powers Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas. Throw in South Carolina, and you can't imagine the brutality of an SEC schedule!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They need those easy games to heal from the rigors of getting beat up by SEC powers Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas. Throw in South Carolina, and you can't imagine the brutality of an SEC schedule!!!!!

The one that has always ticked me off is the third week in November non conference game they allow to be slotted for their teams to beat up on the Prairie View A&Ms, etc.  it helps them retain their poll slots, so if they lose in their season finale the following week, it will not damage them to much and they get to keep this media image the SEC is stacked with ranked teams.  Whereas taking two loses ina row late will damage this.    That being said and if the SEC retains this when we and OU sux start playing an SEC schedule , I wonder who we will look up for the honor to take the fifty point whooping and a paycheck?    Abilene Christian?   Tarleton State?  Incarnate Word from San Antonio?  Seems like most  of the SEC schools during the November week game also play someone that is kind of in their vicinity, so those might fit.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I wonder who we will look up for the honor to take the fifty point whooping and a paycheck?    Abilene Christian?   Tarleton State?  Incarnate Word from San Antonio?  Seems like most  of the SEC schools during the November week game also play someone that is kind of in their vicinity, so those might fit.  

with a 16 team conference they are going to have to amend the scheduling to drop the bullshit free pass 3rd week of Nov game that allows every SEC team in the top 30 to advance in the rankings because they are guaranteed to not have to play another conf rival. 

you cant have 16 teams in a conf and only play half the fucking teams in your conf every year.  Its going to have to move to 9 conf games at least.   even with that scheduling you are still going to have the type of  aTm vs Georgia scheduling bullshit where they have been in the same conf for 10 fucking years and only played once.    although with the extra conf game it probably means you will play everyteam once in 8 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, HtownHorn said:

With a veteran defense that is going to be losing Leal, Johnson, Peevy, Clemons, Hansford, O'Neal, and likely Richardson. Not too mention losing Johnson, Green, Wydermyer, and Spiller on offense.

Keep dreaming sip. This guy has been keeping a keen eye on things

image.png.ece0d232d8960e46dc945c2d71867a37.png

going-up-rising.gif.fca2708cd5a62b102e250011c924ebe8.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

That’s crazy that they think king is the man. He was an interception machine his senior year in HS and game one at aggy. I don’t get it at all.

It's false hope. King and Calzada were in a close QB battle in Fall camp. Somehow they think Calzada sucks but King is their savior when there wasn't much separating either QB just a couple months ago. 

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Calzada wins the QB battle because he now has experience in Jimbo's system. Assuming they don't start Weigman as a true fish. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Texas and OU will likely replace South Carolina and Mizzou/Vandy on Aggy’s conference schedule. It feels like their window, if there ever was one, is closing. 

What about UT football in the last few years makes you believe that facing UT will be more of a challenge than USCar or Mizzou/Vandy?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

What about UT football in the last few years makes you believe that facing UT will be more of a challenge than USCar or Mizzou/Vandy?

Texas isn't good but South Carolina and Vanderbilt haven't had a ranked season since 2013. They're awful programs. Missouri's last ranked season was in 2014. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

That’s crazy that they think king is the man. He was an interception machine his senior year in HS and game one at aggy. I don’t get it at all.

I love how they still call Calzada their "backup" QB too. He's played a full season now. I for one think he ends up starting more games than King in his aggy career.

Poor King too, talk about the weight of aggy nation on your shoulders all off season and to start next season. He'll never live up to the pedestal they've put him on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Spiller got all the preseason hype, but every time I tortured myself with watching fightin’ aggy football I thought Achane was better.  Maybe I only saw the best of Achane and the worst of Spiller.

Achane was definitely better at the end of the year but I get the feeling Spiller had checked out at the end of the season because of the NFL. 

There were rumors that certain aggy players were going to opt out if they lost to Alabama and I'm pretty sure Spiller was one. That dude has been done with college football for a few weeks now and I bet there's no shot he plays in the bowl game. 

• Like 1

As expected, the ags are crying about "being robbed" when the officials didn't call a fumble on the punt return at the end of the game. I say "as expected" because aggys never take responsibility for their own fuckups. Never. "Always a victim" should be their school motto, replacing "quantity over quality."

Re-watch the last few minutes of the game.

In particular, re=watch the 3rd and 2 choice of having a right-handed QB roll left to deliver a pass to the TE who was six feet behind the line to gain. Bad play call, bad execution by the TE who didn't even set up at the line to gain. But Jimbo bears no responsibility for that brain fart. Get the first down, game over. (Notice in Preston's earlier TD run, they also threw short of the line to gain, but got away with it that time. I guess throwing short of the line to gain on 3rd down is what "elite" coaches do.)

Watch the coverage on 4th and 7 for LSU. If they play defense on that one play, game over. But Elko bears no responsibility for that brain fart. Stop LSU there, game over.

On the play when Jenkinks caught the 31 yd pass that moved the ball into A&M territory, notice it was Leon who wasn't there to cover the receiver. Our old friend Leon. Notice on the game winning score, Leon shows up eventually. After the receiver crosses the goal line. What angle was Leon taking on that play?

On the last play of the game, Calzada goes down with time still on the clock and A&M still having one time out.

But the ags were "robbed." Not a thing the ags did contributed to their defeat. lol.

The ags live in an amazing world. Amazing on so many levels.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2