• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I can only imagine what that memorandum was in response to.

I wrote to the Sec of Def asking the question. I also wrote to various ROTC commands asking for actual numbers of ROTC participants commissioned from both A&M and UT Austin for a ten year period.

The main reason A&M isn't a true military school is because our federal system of government and the way our federal Constitution is written. Not that I ever expect an aggy to comprehend any of this because at A&M you can be granted a degree and be utterly clueless about how our government functions.

Although the Morrill Act mandates the states teach military tactics at Land Grant institutions, since the day the Act was written Congress lacked the lawful authority to impose such a condition. What the states teach at state supported institutions is entirely a decision of the state legislatures. This has been spoken to by the Supreme Court and has been settled law for a long time. However, knowledge travels slowly in the Brazos Valley and those idiots never got the word. Every stupid bit of aggy fake army crap exists because the state legislature promotes it.

The reason the aggy corps was created was because when the school was founded, it was essentially a high school for kids as young as 13 and those up to age 22 who were "intellectually stunted" and took longer to complete their studies. Usually incorrigible farm youth and mentally infirm boys were sent by their parents who were sick and tired of having to put up with them. Hence, the boot camp-style code of conduct, taught by unreconstructed former Confederate officers who were unquestionably racist to the corps (swidt?).

If anyone wonders what A&M was like when Sul Ross was there, they need to look no further than the records of the on-campus memorial service they held for Jefferson Davis where the head of the English Dept spoke and railed at the "abomination of African citizenship." few aggys have ever actually read any of the words of their "heroes."

jeff davis sublime.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

When remembering the aggy self-congratulatory spasm after the Chileans saved the trapped miners a few years ago, don't forget the episode of that one aggy throwing a conniption fit in the media because he felt he personally wasn't getting enough credit.

If you ever see this guy at a football game, remember to salute him and thank him for his service.

aggy credit.png

Do you have a link for that, per chance?

9 hours ago, Scholz said:

taps-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg?k

Taps was filmed at Valley Forge Military Academy. I spent a week there conducting interviews, shooting vid and film for US Army officership marketing. Having seen the movie many times it was surreal being on site. 
https://www.vfmac.edu

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Forge_Military_Academy_and_College

Also spent a week at The Citadel doing similar work. Some of those Citadel cadets were having the worst day of their lives. Got damn they train hard. Beautiful campus though 

Texas A&M was never a priority regarding Army officership marketing, at least while I was involved. Fucking dorks 

Edited by NAVY
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

I sometimes read this thread and think you guys are a bit too obsessed with Aggy.  Then I read stuff like in the last 2 pages and understand. Weird people, those Aggies.

We’re not obsessed at all. We’re just making notes. It’s so unbelievable, we have to write it down.

I recall some conversations I had with my Bama fan cousin back around 2011. He seriously thought I was making things up…

• Hook 'Em 1

I've seen a lot of dumb aggy shit over the years here and a the old site.  I've never seen the gloves with a hole cut in them for their rings.  Or the boot flare on their "coveted" boots.  That vide of those fucking goobers sliding on concrete in boots and boxers is shit out of a bad movie.  If anyone tried to make me do that shit in college I'd have told them to pound sand.  But individualism and creative thinking are not aggy traits.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

SIAP over in $9.95

5 Star LB Harold Perkins decommits from aggy

We may be able to get him. He probably made his campus visit and like it's been to most kids, aggy unsold itself. 

9.95 will have that posted within 30 seconds of it coming out.  And they seem to think it will be LSU or Florida. 

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

9.95 will have that posted within 30 seconds of it coming out.  And they seem to think it will be LSU or Florida. 

Guess the ags' bags couldn't outbid everyone.  Errrr, I mean, their super-complicated double-secret NIL program...

7 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Is Virginia Military Institute not affiliated with the US Military either? The text seems to suggest that it's a "Senior Military College" (like A&M) whatever that term means).

Whatever the case may be, VMI cadets look and behave (generally) like the real thing... and don’t feel the need to grab their nuts.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

Guess the ags' bags couldn't outbid everyone.  Errrr, I mean, their super-complicated double-secret NIL program...

Houston radio this AM was saying rumor is some upfront promises didn't come thru, pissed his uncle off.  Then qualified it by saying upfront promises are not legal, of course, but it's the wild west now so hrrrr drrrr.   He'll either get a much upgraded bag from aggy, or UF or LSU will pay upfront in a hurry.  Don't think it changes their numbers too much on greatest class of all time after Marshall and a few others got solid bumps.  Between that and Brownlow-Dindy tearing his ACL, off to a bumpy start with their dream class. 

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Whatever the case may be, VMI cadets look and behave (generally) like the real thing... and don’t feel the need to grab their nuts.

Oh, they’re grabbing things, all right. 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/virginia/virginia-military-institute-sexual-assault-racism-report/65-809a9fdd-254e-4c8f-aee9-1c3d9fa59834
Report tells of sexual assault, racism at Virginia Military Institute

A racial disparity also exists among cadets who have been dismissed by the school’s student-run honor court, the report stated.

Author: Associated Press
Published: 4:27 PM EDT June 1, 2021
Updated: 4:38 PM EDT June 1, 2021

18 minutes ago, nnm said:

Oh, they’re grabbing things, all right. 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/virginia/virginia-military-institute-sexual-assault-racism-report/65-809a9fdd-254e-4c8f-aee9-1c3d9fa59834
Report tells of sexual assault, racism at Virginia Military Institute

A racial disparity also exists among cadets who have been dismissed by the school’s student-run honor court, the report stated.

Author: Associated Press
Published: 4:27 PM EDT June 1, 2021
Updated: 4:38 PM EDT June 1, 2021

Sounds like real Army. 
(ducks from the incoming)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1