Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

does the $28m include the loans from 2007 and 2008 that they never paid back?

given the AUF payments in excess of $2billion over the past 3 years how the fuck can they have a deferred maintenance problem?  where the hell is that money going?

The "Excellence Fund" apparently.  I love that's the name they gave it.  The University that most perfectly encapsulates what it means to be average has "The Excellence Fund."  A&M is the fucking Cracker Barrel of higher education.  Solid place to get a degree, or a breakfast entree.  But nothing about the place, particularly the people, should ever be associate with the word "Excellence."  

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Aggy betting absolutely everything, selling out in every way, paying outrageous sums to recruits, committing a few pretty serious financial crimes to do so, telling each other to stay grounded after they win several championships, calling the Championship a ‘Natty’…

I don’t know what will happen for them, but I don’t think the universe can allow them to succeed. It would just be too perfectly *chefs kiss* aggy if they failed.

Don't assume they are committing financial crimes. We have no evidence yet to support that.Let's not do what aggy does and just make shit up - (12th Man, "more officers," "the CIA is mostly aggy grads," "unlimited redneck wealth," etc, etc, etc).

The powers that be at A&M have done some monumentally stupid things as of late. Enjoy this. They have fucked up big time. And there is no cutting their losses this time.

Just chill out. This is about to get so much more entertaining than most people can imagine.

Don't assume, don't embellish, don't project. Just tell the story as it happened.

It amazes me how idiotic people can be trying to yell "Look at me! Look at me!"

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Don't assume they are committing financial crimes. We have no evidence yet to support that.Let's not do what aggy does and just make shit up - (12th Man, "more officers," "the CIA is mostly aggy grads," "unlimited redneck wealth," etc, etc, etc).

The powers that be at A&M have done some monumentally stupid things as of late. Enjoy this. They have fucked up big time. And there is no cutting their losses this time.

Just chill out. This is about to get so much more entertaining than most people can imagine.

Don't assume, don't embellish, don't project. Just tell the story as it happened.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Fair point.

Ive heard some things on the wind and that should just be treated as raise eyebrows, if that.

Additionally, in fairness to aggy i should qualify that any ‘crimes’ that would’ve been committed, would be along the lines of the victimless financial crimes other schools do in the bag game.

I was reaching with that example. But the point remains that the farmers are betting the farm. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fair point.

Ive heard some things on the wind and that should just be treated as raise eyebrows, if that.

Additionally, in fairness to aggy i should qualify that any ‘crimes’ that would’ve been committed, would be along the lines of the victimless financial crimes other schools do in the bag game.

I was reaching with that example. But the point remains that the farmers are betting the farm. 

They are certainly going full aggy.

8 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

The whole CIA thing actually makes a lot of sense.   When it comes to intelligence, the CIA has a long and distinguished history of massive failure after failure.

1. Korea.  Even with China amassed 300,000 plus troops on the border, "there is NO threat of them crossing the border and entering the war".  FAIL.  

2. Vietnam. "Russia will commit combat units to the war. But the Vietnamese people will rise up against the commie bastards"  FAIL   Russia supplied weapons and limited advisors who were stationed in North Vietnam mainly helping with air defenses.

3. Cuba, the pigs and the missiles thingy. "Easy target, easy to overthrow. Minimal Russian troops present, limited Russian weaponry present".   FAIL   Not only had Russia assembled a troop force x10 the size of what we thought, they already had nukes present in Cuba, including battlefield nukes and were authorized to use them of the US  committed the bulk of its forces into taking Cuba.  It turns out the Missle Crisis was only another round of nukes to be installed in Cuba. They already had nukes ready to go at any time.  They were later decommissioned quietly in exchange for ours in Turkey and West Germany, ect...

4.  Fall of the Soviet Union.  Everything we thought we knew about their weaponry, missle capacity, fighting strength was so wrong in all the worse ways if things ever got real.   FAIL

5. 911. FAIL

6. Iraq WMDs. FAIL

7. Afghanistan/Taliban. FAIL

That's just the highlights.  The failures have been so epic that the CIA can no longer put together bombing target packages.  Only so many Red Cross hospitals, aspirin factories, baby bottle factories, ect can be bombed before it becomes obvious that they might be inept at picking where the bombs go.

But now, throw a shit ton of money at something and completely assume that fixed the problem, only to be caught off guard when that didn't fix shit...  Yeah, they are great at that!  CIAggy.  Pretty fitting

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gaffords said:

The whole CIA thing actually makes a lot of sense.   When it comes to intelligence, the CIA has a long and distinguished history of massive failure after failure.

1. Korea.  Even with China amassed 300,000 plus troops on the border, "there is NO threat of them crossing the border and entering the war".  FAIL.  

2. Vietnam. "Russia will commit combat units to the war. But the Vietnamese people will rise up against the commie bastards"  FAIL   Russia supplied weapons and limited advisors who were stationed in North Vietnam mainly helping with air defenses.

3. Cuba, the pigs and the missiles thingy. "Easy target, easy to overthrow. Minimal Russian troops present, limited Russian weaponry present".   FAIL   Not only had Russia assembled a troop force x10 the size of what we thought, they already had nukes present in Cuba, including battlefield nukes and were authorized to use them of the US  committed the bulk of its forces into taking Cuba.  It turns out the Missle Crisis was only another round of nukes to be installed in Cuba. They already had nukes ready to go at any time.  They were later decommissioned quietly in exchange for ours in Turkey and West Germany, ect...

4.  Fall of the Soviet Union.  Everything we thought we knew about their weaponry, missle capacity, fighting strength was so wrong in all the worse ways if things ever got real.   FAIL

5. 911. FAIL

6. Iraq WMDs. FAIL

7. Afghanistan/Taliban. FAIL

That's just the highlights.  The failures have been so epic that the CIA can no longer put together bombing target packages.  Only so many Red Cross hospitals, aspirin factories, baby bottle factories, ect can be bombed before it becomes obvious that they might be inept at picking where the bombs go.

But now, throw a shit ton of money at something and completely assume that fixed the problem, only to be caught off guard when that didn't fix shit...  Yeah, they are great at that!  CIAggy.  Pretty fitting

14 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

I won’t speak for Doc, but aggy is absolutely claiming to have committed crimes regarding football recruiting.  

they claim the money going to the recruits is through LLCs they made for each recruit.  That’s against state law. 

Their best player from last year publicly states he was never paid, so you know, the legal NIL route of getting currently enrolled athletes paid and then showing recruits what they “might” make… yet HS players with price tags on their recruitment ended up in the aggy best college recruiting class ever.   

Sure, the 2nd example requires a tiny bit of supposition, but aggy explaining their NIL and that being against state law does not. 

I won’t speak for Doc, but aggy is absolutely claiming to have committed crimes regarding football recruiting.  

they claim the money going to the recruits is through LLCs they made for each recruit.  That’s against state law. 

Their best player from last year publicly states he was never paid, so you know, the legal NIL route of getting currently enrolled athletes paid and then showing recruits what they “might” make… yet HS players with price tags on their recruitment ended up in the aggy best college recruiting class ever.   

Sure, the 2nd example requires a tiny bit of supposition, but aggy explaining their NIL and that being against state law does not. 

They are not claiming anything illegal. Everybody knows what they did is illegal but they aren’t claiming anything. Did you not hear jimbo?

On 2/20/2022 at 6:43 PM, Henry Hill said:

Sounds bitter about Texas having more wins in last year’s CWS than aggy has in their program’s entire existence.

I was looking at aggys non-conference schedule and it's just sad. 

If I did the math correctly, only 2/22 games in non-conference are against teams that finished top 75 in RPI last year. They do this in every sport and will the talk shit about beating these shit teams. 

It blows my mind. 

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

If I did the math correctly, only 2/22 games in non-conference are against teams that finished top 75 in RPI last year. They do this in every sport and will the talk shit about beating these shit teams. 

It blows my mind. 

Tread slowly.You cannot truly understand aggy without losing a small part of yourself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It blows my mind. 

aggy don't care.....they want that W....to fluff their record and to become bowl eligible.  That's what aggy does.

The shit hits the fan in the world and aggys are still wearing silly costumes. This is Texas A&M. Lots of costumes. Not many people in positions of importance in a crisis.

There has to be a cheaper way to give these kids with critical low self-esteem some way to become productive in society. This fake military bullshit is doing more harm than good to these naive children.

We need to quit making these poor kids think what they are doing at Texas A&M has anything to do with serving their country. It doesn't. Military service has nothing to do with participation trophies and costumes.

aggys tulane ukraine costume.jpeg

19 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy don't care.....they want that W....to fluff their record and to become bowl eligible.  That's what aggy does.

And then covid out...  Gotta protect that "L" side. 4 is totally acceptable seeing aggy plays the hardest schedule each year.  Now 5? Jimbo is probably pushing his luck there.  Or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The shit hits the fan in the world and aggys are still wearing silly costumes. This is Texas A&M. Lots of costumes. Not many people in positions of importance in a crisis.

There has to be a cheaper way to give these kids with critical low self-esteem some way to become productive in society. This fake military bullshit is doing more harm than good to these naive children.

We need to quit making these poor kids think what they are doing at Texas A&M has anything to do with serving their country. It doesn't. Military service has nothing to do with participation trophies and costumes.

aggys tulane ukraine costume.jpeg

I don't think a single one of them have ever seen a (human) vagina in person.

While the children of the aggys Corps continue to believe military service is about prancing around silly costumes and loading up participation trophies and "MREs" from Jason's Deli, Ukraine is turning into an example of how liberal arts majors who understand economics, history, government, and sociology are about to inflict major damage on a military superpower.

The western nations are about to turn the economy of Russia into one big Brazos Valley. Fabricated "historical greatness," lots of Soviet architecture with an economy unable to support its population, highlighted by economic stagnation.

We are getting a good lesson in how in times of crisis, national security is dependent on individuals who are actually educated, not on aggys.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:34 AM, texasstrong12 said:

It blows my mind. 

I had some clueless aggy fan brag about how A&M's record is better than UT's over the past decade. My response?"Now back out their FCS wins and you'll see Texas Football beat more FBS teams."

Fuck aggy

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, Randolph Duke said:

None. The ones who will pay the true expense are the students. Money that could be spent on improving the aggy trade school experience will instead be squandered on aggy football. Not aggy athletics. aggy athletics overall will continue to suck. But whatever resources available at A&M are being funneled into aggy football. They are betting a national championship in football can be leveraged to elevate the academic side

Ah, the old "rising tide lifts all turds" aphorism 

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

I had some clueless aggy fan brag about how A&M's record is better than UT's over the past decade. My response?"Now back out their FCS wins and you'll see Texas Football beat more FBS teams."

Fuck aggy

I had a few tweets pop up on my feed during aggys magical nonconference basketball run against absolutely nobody.  I'm now seeing it for baseball.  They never learn.

• Hook 'Em 1