Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 3/15/2022 at 8:16 AM, Randolph Duke said:

But the model decided upon by Perry, et al, was to push the first two years of aggy undergrad education to the state's junior colleges and community colleges, with the College Station campus being a "finishing school" for STEM majors. Under that approach, it was believed the state could theoretically produce upward of 40,000 STEM graduates from A&M each year, thus meeting the projected demands of the Texas economy for STEM graduates.

That was the "quantity over quality" approach. So far, not many of us are impressed with the "quality" of the resultant product. Personally, I don't give a shit because we never even interview Texas A&M grads.

Here is one of my favorite examples of how aggy wanting to be "just like tu" holds them back.

One of the favorite aggy dreams is "equal PUF funding." That will never happen. First of all, it would take a Constitutional amendment. Secondly, the UT system has far more students than the A&M system, and A&M administrators have already shown they have no interest in developing a legitimate university system. Any additional PUF funding given to the A&M system would be squandered on the College Station campus.

"Equal" PUF funding would take money from various UT system schools who have shown far more promise than any A&M system school (apologies to TAMU-CC that made it into the NCAA MBB tourney, lol). The PUF financial assets are at $31.B. Current funding gives A&M 1/3 of the 0.0525 distribution, which works out to be around $525 million/yr. "Equal" funding with the UT system would give A&M approximately $787.5 million (annually), a difference of roughly $260 mil.

But what the ags don't understand is that UT Austin is FAR more heavily funded by the state legislature and Congress than A&M. UT receives about $6k per FTSE more than A&M from the state, and about $8k per FTSE from Congress. A difference of about $14k per student. Multiply that by A&M's 55.6k enrollment, and it is a difference of well over $750 million, about three times what A&M would potentially receive if "equal" PUF funding was effected.

So the ags bleat about wanting to split the PUF "equally" instead of pressing their elected representatives for equal legislative funding. So much for the value of a Mays Business School education.

The problem for A&M is that a rote education model is far cheaper to effect than a meaningful education model. Elected representatives know this. They aren't going to waste taxpayer money on equalizing A&M and UT Austin legislative funding. In short, if a UT-level education could be delivered on an A&M budget, UT Austin and TAMU would have equal funding. But what the state's economy needs is a whole bunch of STEM grads produced from a rote learning model and a smaller number of well-educated individuals produced from a meaningful learning model.

And, while every aggy would immediately begin to argue with me about this, the fact is the Texas economy has been running quite smoothly using this approach for the past few decades. Meanwhile, aggy is still struggling to define their educational model and to employ it effectively and efficiently.

"Quantity over quality" is only effective in trade school applications. The "aggy network" exists because any aggy is pretty much replaceable by any other random aggy. Not many of them have specific skills, not many of them have specific value. They are essentially all generic and replaceable by another College Station cog. That is because they all had the same rote learning education.

thecb 2020 ut:a&m.jpeg

40,000 aggy graduates a year?!?!   And that's how you kill the state's economy...  and population.

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 3/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Having a "military education" leads aggys to contemplate the more serious aspects of life.

Who can explain why there are so few underground bomb shelters in and around Houston? You know, in case Russia were to launch a land invasion and subject the population to indiscriminate bombing raids.

"Kind of random, and definitely in the highly unlikely scenario, but what would we do in most of the US if something like this happened? As far as I know, here, in Houston, none of our buildings have bomb shelters or cellars that could act as one to house the public...." https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/61695513

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Why the fuck is aggy worried about bomb shelters?  Aren't they supposed to save the world from the commie bastards while Ukraine and the rest of us sit around and sip tea?

"To the Horns in my mentions: Bring alllllll the shade and enjoy that win! I'm still pissed my Ags got snubbed but it doesn't mean I can't give credit...that was a nice win over a red hot VT team and Beard and Co will have a real shot vs Purdue, too 👍🏼

— Billy Liucci (@billyliucci) March 18, 2022"

Typical gomer, riding the coat tails of a winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"To the Horns in my mentions: Bring alllllll the shade and enjoy that win! I'm still pissed my Ags got snubbed but it doesn't mean I can't give credit...that was a nice win over a red hot VT team and Beard and Co will have a real shot vs Purdue, too 👍🏼

— Billy Liucci (@billyliucci) March 18, 2022"

Typical gomer, riding the coat tails of a winner.

Haven't even joined the SEC yet and already trying to ride our horns

On 3/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, NoName said:

thread: https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/texas-aandm-recognized-as-a-first-hispanic-serving-institution-in-the-sec/101736713/

image.png.1000313f66c7591f9b48437a3726ded5.png

-

image.png.694276af8172d0d7e82e131e06f34965.png

-

image.png.96230472f7072a604333d80e68121238.png

my jaw literally dropped. imagine posting this in 2022 on the internet

image.png.42bee7adf160fc286f774bc255fe16ab.png

-

image.png.497e9a68d8e6bec9cdca65c2139c7d8d.png

image.png

image.png

i remain incredibly disappointed that the University of Texas at Austin has chosen to throw our lot in with these backwards clowns. sigh.

200w (3).gif

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/17/2022 at 11:40 PM, ousux said:
On 3/17/2022 at 11:05 PM, C-Man said:

The most racist fuckers on that thread are Bammer.

Big shock.

LSU actually, closely followed by Bammers. Having said that, the aggys in there are just happy to be first in something for once, doesnt really matter to them what that may be.

Ole Miss says “hold my noose”.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

you know, that guy wrote a book and even if it only sold 1,000 copies he made money off clowning aggy with facts. that's hysterical and awesome. 🤘

I bought one for my daughter who is at UT right now. She gave me one for Christmas. 4 stars would recommend!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"Why do you think so many aggys run pay day loan shops"

Airport Car Rental Agencies can only hire so many aggies.

Y’all are selling aggy short.... there are plenty of openings for restroom attendants & sammich makers at this little guy’s establishments....

CB8B682F-FB30-4A50-8F45-3237FD2850A0.png

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Rote education works. The five words aggys say after graduation: "You want fries with that?"

Which brings to mind a certain state legislator from Brazos county who, during the floor debate on a bill, said from the front mike, "Members, I've just got two words to say to you: Please vote no." 

Let's give aggy its due. If you are a lazy fuck, are ok with spending your entire life in a tract home in "Katy adjacent" (sipping tea while there are wars to be won in Europe), and never want to get out of your comfort zone or actually experience life, Texas A&M is the perfect trade school.

Also, aggys "know" if they ever run into financial difficulty, they can always grab a quick $1 mil cash by simply explaining their "yell leader" tradition. The knowledge they gain in Fish Camp about at which game in 1907 their "yell leader" tradition originated gives every and any aggy the ability to become an instant millionaire.

How many "tu" grads who are intellectually lazy can become an instant millionaire based on the "value" of their school's turditions?

advantage aggy.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Bevo14 said:
Don't remember that stuff. Then again, I haven't been there in 20 years. 

If it takes you another 20 years to get back there it will be too soon. I can peacefully die knowing my last time in Collie Station was truly the last.

Well, that was when I moved away when I was a kid. Not the kinda place you go to unless you live there for some unfortunate reason out of your control like me.

Edited by Bevo14

18 hours ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, Bevo14 said:
Don't remember that stuff. Then again, I haven't been there in 20 years. 

If it takes you another 20 years to get back there it will be too soon. I can peacefully die knowing my last time in Collie Station was truly the last.

I last went there with my brother & dad in 1975 to see the fabulous Metzger Gun Collection on display upstairs in their student union building.  Prior to that, the only time on their campus was to attend the 1963 15-13 football victory in that mudhole Pyle Field.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

LOL these times.

We all know why SloNeal didn't run at the NFL combine. Fastest 40 for a safety was Nick Cross of Maryland at 4.34 and slowest was Quentin Lake of UCLA at 4.59. SloNeal ran a 4.70. Nobody was in the 4.6s.