• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

My only knock against Sumlin was how he (and the whole aggy program) damn near killed Ryan Swope.

When Swope took his NFL rookie physical, the doctors were so horrified at the level of brain damage Swope had suffered from his playing days at A&M that he was forcibly medically retired and disqualified from ever playing in the NFL.

That no one in the A&M organization ever detected what was going on right in front of them seems impossible. And, if no one ever even slightly suspected a problem that was so extreme that when Swope first met with a competent medical professional the doctor was horrified, the entire coaching staff and medical staff should have been fired.

If Ryan Swope lives past the age of 45, I will be amazed. That's on Sumlin.

As for Jimbo, he's just an asshole who found people with money who also are mostly assholes. He is the perfect he-ro for our trade school friends. But as a football coach, he's not much different than Kevin Sumlin. Jimbo just got lucky and was handed a top program (FSU) and told to just not fuck it up. And, of course, he fucked it up.

• Rage+1 2

When Swope took his NFL rookie physical, the doctors were so horrified at the level of brain damage Swope had suffered from his playing days at A&M that he was forcibly medically retired and disqualified from ever playing in the NFL.

Don’t you take that physical BEFORE the draft? He was drafted by San Diego I think. Why would they draft him and then look in to brain damage? Meh, you may have your timelines mixed up but that is fine. I’m guessing he got lit up in practice at camp. No team in the nfl would draft a kid with multiple head injuries and then evaluate them*

*except jerry Jones

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Don’t you take that physical BEFORE the draft? He was drafted by San Diego I think. Why would they draft him and then look in to brain damage? Meh, you may have your timelines mixed up but that is fine. I’m guessing he got lit up in practice at camp. No team in the nfl would draft a kid with multiple head injuries and then evaluate them*

*except jerry Jones

He was drafted by Arizona. This was still in the era where the NFL did not do a neurological baseline. There was no preseason assessment. They knew he had suffered at least four major concussions while in college, but during his pre-draft physical he showed no signs of impairment. He showed up for OTAs, had a minor head bump, and when he was checked by a neurologist, his career was over immediately.

And, in actuality, at the time EVERY NFL team was drafting players without performing neurological exams. The NFL didn't care, and didn't want to know. This was the time the NFL was starting to get hit with the lawsuits over lack of concussion protocols.

The fact that Swope's brain was so irreversibly damaged and the problem was never assessed by any medical professional connected with the A&M program is unforgivable.

But hey, they beat OU in the Cotton Bowl and had their best finish since the Eisenhower administration, so isn't that all that really matters?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s weird that A&M gets good at football when dictators start invading other European countries. 

They haven't been and aren't 'good' yet. 

They have been recruiting 'good' , which doesn't mean jack shit as we can attest. 

I'm tampering my fear factor until they deliver meaningful season : Win the SECW , Playoff /NY6 , Some of these QBs and set of Receivers actually produce offensive results 

For the love of God, aggys, enough with the inbreeding. You aren't doing your children or the people of Texas any favors. Quit listening to the racists at the Rudder Foundation who have told you since Fish Camp your highest imperative is to "outbreed the brown people who are overrunning our country." Immigrants are not the enemy. Stupidity is the enemy.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy school photo compilation.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"Dream school?! aggy was his dream school?! How sad.... "

I am sure seeing the sully statue and the cow cream robes were the finishing touch on his recruitment.

That the "Kow and Kreme Klub" had any connection with the KKK was something started by a butthurt t-sip. Nothing like that ever happened at A&M.

(picture was taken in 1906 just a few years after Sul Ross was president of the school).

aggy kkk 1906.JPG

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

A friend of mine shared one of those "Help me find my aggy ring" posts (not hers, she isn't aggy, just being nice) on Facebook the other day.  It was a class of '22 ring, lost last Friday.  Ring day was last Thursday.  Dumb fuck didn't have his ring for two days before he lost it.  I thought those things were the most important things in the world to aggy.  How do you lose the most important thing ever in less than two days?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scheiss Meister said:

A friend of mine shared one of those "Help me find my aggy ring" posts (not hers, she isn't aggy, just being nice) on Facebook the other day.  It was a class of '22 ring, lost last Friday.  Ring day was last Thursday.  Dumb fuck didn't have his ring for two days before he lost it.  I thought those things were the most important things in the world to aggy.  How do you lose the most important thing ever in less than two days?

It's aggy.... need I say more?

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

No.  But, then again, I'm not a woman.

Or a toddler.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:09 AM, Pam Cummings said:

I dont think Sumlin's wife ever got railed by recruits though.

Sumlin was the reverse cuck. Hell, Sumlin and Jeff Banks allegedly had a stripper pole and cobbled-together "champagne suite" in their offices, I think.