Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Comments are great. Twitter folks are tearing aggy a new one 

Historically that should be our pod if that’s the conference format, though I think it ends up East/West to avoid something like UK/Tenn/Vandy/USCe or whatever.  Whatever the case I’m guessing we get stuck with aggy.

They really think highly of their sports prowess, yet they actually contribute next to nothing to the SEC national championships count.   Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, Tenn, Barn, and Ark all contribute to football.  UK, UF, Arky, and LSU to basketball.  LSU, USCe, Vandy, UF, UGA, and MSU to baseball.    

Basically, they are better than Ole Miss and Mizzou when it comes to contributions to major sports championships.   In my opinion NSUs 2021 baseball title and aggy 1939 year of magical magic is a push at best.   

found this humorous:

• Prior to joining the SEC in 2012, Texas A&M claimed national titles in 1919, 1927, and 1939, all allegedly awarded by multiple selectors that no longer exist.
  • Future SEC member Oklahoma, set to join no later than 2025, officially claims 7 national titles, with 11 more unclaimed titles.
  • Future SEC member Texas, set to join alongside Oklahoma, officially claims 4 national titles, with 5 more unclaimed titles.
Edited by Treefidy

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Basically, they are better than Ole Miss and Mizzou when it comes to contributions to major sports championships.

Ole Miss has a decent claim to the 1960 national title. They never won an AP or Coaches poll championship, though. 

43 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I feel like when we played there they had 3 of them up on their wall claimed. I was like uh, what?

Kind of like seeing 1945 claimed at Oklahoma state or, you know, those other guys.

Yeah they claim two other completely horseshit ones. 1960 they finished 2nd in the AP by a slim margin then won their bowl game and Minny lost theirs. So, it's not a super legit claim but they were ranked no. 1 by an NCAA designated selector. 

30 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Billy Liucci Junior strikes again 

FD04D67B-E5FE-4720-B97D-F26BC2DBB4CA.jpeg

Someone should tell Chin Pubes the Younger that shady means when things aren't out in the open - you know like FedEx, the Bonfire Collapse, aggy's grants for vaccines with zero return for investment, Blue Bell, fish camps designed for grooming and sexual assault, bag games, not honoring previously agreed to athletic matches, etc. The list is endless.

Also the dipshit doesn't understand how i.e. works. You don't put etc. after i.e. as one is supposed to list out specific examples. etc. is not a specific example. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Billy Liucci Junior strikes again 

FD04D67B-E5FE-4720-B97D-F26BC2DBB4CA.jpeg

Weird. Aggy was plotting with the sec unbeknownst to everyone else long before they were acting butthurt about the LHN. In fact, even before Texas asked them to be part of the LHN. 

9 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

🤣🤣🤣 yet they claim we’re the little brother. Buncha baby back bitches. 

6F7BE687-E596-4613-B953-08F1C6766265.jpeg

It will be funny when the SEC bitch slaps aggy again, when they have all teams “vote” on proposed pod alignment and they are told to vote yes to being in our pod.   it will be even funnier if they decide to take a stand at that’s the hill.   

I would imagine after their tantrum over our invite, the wrench they threw into playoff expansion, the last recruiting cycle, and repeatedly showing their ass has shortened the leash measurably.   It would not be difficult for the SEC to replace them with a program that adds more value.  

We have a new entry in the "aggy fairy tale of the year" contest.
First of all, I'm  not recalling any references pointing us to the context of U.S. Army officers being housed en masse with local french families. The story starts to fall apart right there. My memory of American military activities in Normandy during WWII was moving out of there toward first Paris, then Berlin asap. Maybe the Army left aggys behind the lines while the rest of the forces moved forward.
regardless, I'm calling bullshit on this. For obvious reasons:

"This was posted many years ago and I have searched to no avail. I am going to try and repost from memory in hopes that someone will remember or be able to find the original. As stated, this was many years ago so the details will undoubtedly be flawed, but the story itself is exactly as I remember it:

TA Poster:

I was recently traveling in the Normandy region of France when something amazing happened to me. I had stopped in at a local bar in the small town of ____ and was having a beer when I noticed an older gentleman a few seats away staring at me. At first, I thought nothing of it, but as it continued, I had to ask if we knew each other. Mind you, I knew no one in France.

He said "No" but with a tear in his eye, and now rolling down his cheek, he asked if he could tell me a story. Of course I said yes and here is what he said:

"When I was a young boy, our small town, like all of France, was occupied by Nazi soldiers. All of the younger men were gone to fight and so there were only women, us kids, and elderly men. This was a brutal time and the Nazis took whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted and everyone lived in constant fear of being killed, even us kids.

Finally the Americans liberated France and the Nazis puled out and the U.S. Army moved in. They announced that their officers would be moving in with the various families in our village. While we were very glad to have the Nazis gone, we were unsure what to think after our recent experiences.

A young American officer moved in with my Mother, Grandfather and I and it was unforgettable. He was a true gentleman, respectful of our home, and most of all he was very kind to me. Even though he was only there for a few weeks, he was the greatest hero I had ever known and I idolized him for that.

This ring you are wearing (my Aggie ring) is the same ring he wore. I had never seen it before and I have never seen it since until you walked in and sat at the bar today.

Thank you for bringing back a wonderful memory from a terrible time." "

https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/3286773/replies/61975127
That's complete fabricated bullshit fiction, and I'd put up any amount of money for an aggy to authenticate it lol
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Treefidy said:

It will be funny when the SEC bitch slaps aggy again, when they have all teams “vote” on proposed pod alignment and they are told to vote yes to being in our pod.   it will be even funnier if they decide to take a stand at that’s the hill.   

I would imagine after their tantrum over our invite, the wrench they threw into playoff expansion, the last recruiting cycle, and repeatedly showing their ass has shortened the leash measurably.   It would not be difficult for the SEC to replace them with a program that adds more value.  

Kick them out and replace them with Georgia Tech or Tulane, you know, former members. I'd also be open to replacing them with Florida State. That would be the icing on top of the Jimbo aggy era. 

8 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Found by @TexasFan21

"QB1

7:34a  AG

Fake news - post office would never deliver something short on postage, that would be in the trash somewhere and not on the dudes desk…terrible troll job"

Newsflash, my white trash friend - Yes, USPS will deliver to the address even with postage due. I personally received such a package last week.

Yet again, the "aggy education" at work. They make up a "fact" insist it has to be true because, well they made it up, how can it be wrong? The rest shall we say, is turdition.

"Guessing is cheap, but guessing wrong can be expensive." - ancient Chinese proverb never taught to aggys.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

from pg3 of the thread:

quote:
utrejects.com

This is just ... odd ... and looks a bit insecure.

I have decrees from both schools and am proud of both. My friends at each school would have had no difficulty gaining admission at the other. A&M numbers are a bit skewed because Perry made it a goal to grow us larger than t.u. and made admission a bit easier to accomplish that, which I thought was stupid.

Your obsession is just strange.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Page one quote from somebody on there:

geauxnavybeatbama 
LSU Fan
Aggie minds
Member since Jul 2013
15939 posts

Posted on 5/15/22 at 7:17 pm to JetDawg
Classic aggy. Quitting before getting to reason 12

• Haha 1

From secrant. They got a number of details right, but left out the fact that at halftime of aggy’s first official game ever they quit at halftime.

Don’t judge aggy when they forfeit/cancel or quit. It’s just one of their traditions that aggy established over 120 years ago. Here’s the story as described by the Austin Democratic Statesman, the main newspaper in Austin in the late 1800’s:… 

The Cadets, led by player/coach F.D. Perkins, traveled to Austin's Hyde Park on Oct. 19, 1894 for the UT squad's season opener. Reportedly, Texas A&M won the coin toss. It was the high point of the game for the visiting team. The Cadets fumbled the opening kickoff and Texas' "Varsity" scored two plays later. It only got worse from there. 

The final score was Texas 38, Texas A&M 0 -- a score made even more humiliating by the fact touchdowns only earned four points in that era. 

***The Texas A&M football squad was so demoralized by the defeat they scrapped the remainder of the schedule except for a contest against Galveston Ball high School six weeks later.*** 

The school didn't field another team until 1896 and they wouldn't play Texas again until 1898. That produced an even worse outcome, a 48-0 defeat in Austin - the largest margin of victory in the history of the rivalry.“

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/its-one-of-aggys-sacred-traditions-since-1894/102509636/

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

I looked it up. 48 points for the most in a victory is respectable. I figured there would be a 70-10 type of game. The 76-37 can’t be denied though. That is really lopsided.

For those wondering aggy won 42-10 once. When? Probation years with Jackie sherrill.

8 hours ago, Deej said:

Can't it be? They were off pretending to win wars for a good chunk of that.

The nation actually lost the war that coincided with A&M's 16 losing seasons in 17 years.

Unless you are referring to the Cold War which, predictably, the ags claim they won all by themselves.

We know this because, according to the aggys, the CIA publishes regular reports on which colleges and universities its agents attended.

aggy most CIA grads.jpeg

even Sports Illustrated is calling Texas A&M cowards

Posted on 5/18/22 at 3:01 pm
up vote23down vote2
bkm1.png
click here for the entire article

excerpt...

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M is supposed to be playing Incarnate Word on Tuesday before a series with Ole Miss that will determine whether Arkansas or the Aggies bring home the SEC West crown.

However, an improving Cardinal line-up isn't going to get to show Major League scouts its growth throughout the season because of a move by Texas A&M that I can't properly describe out of respect for the teachings of my mother.

Incarnate Word had four big games scattered across its schedule, strategically placed to give the players a chance to see where they stand against elite competition, learn, and then take another crack at seeing how much improvement was made.

A loss to the Cardinals would severely damage the Aggies' RPI. Fortunately for Schlossnagle, a win would also bring down Texas A&M's RPI, so he had a built-in excuse to duck an in-state team perfectly poised for an upset.

It was a gutless move that shouldn't have been allowed to happen, and it's an embarrassing black eye to the university and the conference.

Schlossnagle selfishly took an opportunity away from the young men at Incarnate Word that might have changed their future while making his own players and the entire sport of college baseball look bad.

The only fair thing to do is for the committee to evaluate the Aggies as if they lost the game. In essence, by Incarnate Word being willing to play and Texas A&M refusing, they forfeited, and it should be treated as such.

If that means a regional won't be coming to College Station, then so be it. Actions have consequences, and this is one that deserves a strong message.

If the NCAA doesn't have the guts to set a precedent for what happens in a situation like this, then the gates are open and cowards will rule the sport.
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

even Sports Illustrated is calling Texas A&M cowards

Posted on 5/18/22 at 3:01 pm
up vote23down vote2
bkm1.png
click here for the entire article

excerpt...

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M is supposed to be playing Incarnate Word on Tuesday before a series with Ole Miss that will determine whether Arkansas or the Aggies bring home the SEC West crown.

However, an improving Cardinal line-up isn't going to get to show Major League scouts its growth throughout the season because of a move by Texas A&M that I can't properly describe out of respect for the teachings of my mother.

Incarnate Word had four big games scattered across its schedule, strategically placed to give the players a chance to see where they stand against elite competition, learn, and then take another crack at seeing how much improvement was made.

A loss to the Cardinals would severely damage the Aggies' RPI. Fortunately for Schlossnagle, a win would also bring down Texas A&M's RPI, so he had a built-in excuse to duck an in-state team perfectly poised for an upset.

It was a gutless move that shouldn't have been allowed to happen, and it's an embarrassing black eye to the university and the conference.

Schlossnagle selfishly took an opportunity away from the young men at Incarnate Word that might have changed their future while making his own players and the entire sport of college baseball look bad.

The only fair thing to do is for the committee to evaluate the Aggies as if they lost the game. In essence, by Incarnate Word being willing to play and Texas A&M refusing, they forfeited, and it should be treated as such.

If that means a regional won't be coming to College Station, then so be it. Actions have consequences, and this is one that deserves a strong message.

If the NCAA doesn't have the guts to set a precedent for what happens in a situation like this, then the gates are open and cowards will rule the sport.

Just more BOMC imo.  

quote:
Can’t stand that NIL has leveled the playing field, and there is not a damn thing he can do about it. Anymore golf jokes bitch? 

Look bro.... I know you and your gay Aggie buddies think this is funny...... but Saban just killed your program for 5-10 years.  

Your AD lived through it once at Ole Miss.... Better get rid of his asss quick if you want a leg to stand on... 

This isn’t hyperbol..... Saban just put a big RED BULLSEYE on your asss.......