• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 3/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, F250 said:

According to Wikipedia, Texas has two flagship universities. How is that possible?

aggy ignorance is your answer.

They don't teach government to students at the state's trade school. Government is considered under the umbrella of "Liberal Arts" which aggy administrators consider offensive to aggy "conservative values." Not surprisingly, aggys also consider "education" to be incompatible with "aggy values" under similar reasoning.

art VII sec 13.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i think the best part of bjork weighing in about bylaws and codes of ethics is that he was at ole miss when hugh fucking freeze was there and took multiple major violations penalties including vacating 33 wins and bowl bans for...ya know, recruiting violations.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

And it's illegal in Texas to offer NIL to HS students.

So, how does Saban prove jimmybo bought those recruits…if the players are told not to divulge that they have been paid to commit in fear of losing that money?  There are people who know the truth and why all those 5* players committed to aggy…and it’s not because they wanted to play for Jimbo and live in CS.

well, in fairness, more than half their five star guys are not from texas.  i think the most amazing thing about all this...is if bjork and fisher had any fucking brains between them, they would have just had the media group issue a statement:

"With all due respect to all parties involved, we disagree with and condemn Coach Saban's erroneous characterization of the efforts and hard work that went into building a strong recruiting class comprised of young men with integrity and character that we believe will carry forward the tradition of values and success that represent Texas A&M University.  It is unfortunate and disrespectful to these young men and their families to question their intentions and honor.  We note that all of Texas A&M's recruiting practices and policies are transparent and conform with the laws of the State of Texas, as well as the bylaws of the NCAA and Southeastern Conference.  We look forward to continuing to compete with respect and the type of integrity that represents the Spirit of Aggieland - in a manner that makes our entire student and alumni community proud."

story over.  saban looks like a hypocritical bitch.  tamu looks like the high road.  but because agros are gonna agro and jimbo is dumb fucking white trash from west virginia or whatever the fuck bumfuck place with a short man complex...they can't help themselves.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is no precise definition of "flagship university".  It's typically thought of as the best or oldest public university in a state, but there's no decree or brand or plaque (well, there might be one in College Station).

I propose that Texas' two flagship universities are

UT

Rice

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

It's funny to hear so many non-Aggie football fans that are now saying Jimbo is their favorite coach. Will end up being a strong PR move for us, and if you are a potential recruit how could you not get a hard on thinking about playing for him.”

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3289882/last#last

image.gif.306c26b980543ef216ce8521c831146f.gif

3 hours ago, deech said:

I get that the media is lazy.  I get that the college football media is even lazier.  But I can't fathom how any of these people who are covering college football continue to regurgitate and applaud Aggie for being ahead of the curve when it comes to NIL and that some how being the reason they got their recruiting class last year.  Maybe dig a little.  Just a little.

Playing devil's advocate... How do we KNOW that what aggy did in recruiting was just bags o' cash and not NIL deals?

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Playing devil's advocate... How do we KNOW that what aggy did in recruiting was just bags o' cash and not NIL deals?

Because NIL deals are public and above board.  They haven't publicized anything because they're dirty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

he's lashing out because aggy got fedex rolling again.  of course no one understands that NIL is not what aggy did. aggy counted on the fact that the NCAA would do nothing.

there is a whole shitload o' stupid in this world.

If Saban can prove this, then aggy is fucked….

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no precise definition of "flagship university".  It's typically thought of as the best or oldest public university in a state, but there's no decree or brand or plaque (well, there might be one in College Station).

UT

Rice

The "flagship" is the best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization.

Flagship universities are the central university of a branch university system in which the senior system administrators are found.

The age of the institution means nothing.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Because nobody's watching the store.  NCAA are a bunch of feckless cunts.  They have no investigative powers.

I'm not talking about the NCAA.  Screw them - they're useless.  I'm talking about any sort of journalist (if there are any left) who wants to shine light on a story.

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

And why hasn't anybody reported on that?

the people that cover this sport are the most clueless bunch, especially the sec gomers. They all feed off incestual hearsay & tall tales.  Thats why so many media types walk around thinking aggy has actually done something recently or has a chance to be a dominant program. They read off the aggy SID lie list during games and comment how special a place like college station is.  I don't expect them to delve into the ins and outs of NIL except "Wild wild west!.. aggy is oil rich!!... Jimbo is folksy!!.. yuck yuck" 

45 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

UT

Rice

15 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The "flagship" is the best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization.

Flagship universities are the central university of a branch university system in which the senior system administrators are found.

There is a technical definition, it's the largest or most prominent university within a university system and which the system designates as its flagship. Oklahoma State is technically the "flagship" institution in the Oklahoma State University System, and OU is the "flagship" institution in the University of Oklahoma System. Informally, I guess most people think of a flagship as the largest or most prominent university in a state. Most would probably say OU because of its football program, which is fucking stupid. I've never seen any nonsense arguments about "flagships" between bedlam rivals. Only aggy seems to give any sorts of shit.

Edited by 'stache

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Because nobody's watching the store.  NCAA are a bunch of feckless cunts.  They have no investigative powers.

They never have and won't stop the flow of money big-time programs generate. Regrettably, aggy is a top revenue generator whether we acknowledge it or not. They could've and should've given aggy the SMU treatment after Sherrill/Slocum.

NCAA "enforcement" has always been inconsistent and selective, at best. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There is a technical definition, it's the largest or most prominent university within a university system and which the system designates as its flagship. Oklahoma State is technically the "flagship" institution in the Oklahoma State University System, and OU is the "flagship" institution in the University of Oklahoma System. Informally, I guess most people think of a flagship as the largest or most prominent university in a state. Most would probably say OU because of its football program, which is fucking stupid. I've never seen any nonsense arguments about "flagships" between bedlam rivals. Only aggy seems to give any sorts of shit.

As long as what the aggys claim as "their" endowment is under the exclusive control of The Board of Regents of The University of Texas, Texas A&M College Station isn't the flagship of anything.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Actually not completely true in terms of the typical vernacular, particularly with regards to the "flagship" university of a given state, but I know more than well enough not to get into a pissing match with you.  I'd have a better chance of reasoning with my chihuahua.

Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidis said:

well, in fairness, more than half their five star guys are not from texas.  i think the most amazing thing about all this...is if bjork and fisher had any fucking brains between them, they would have just had the media group issue a statement:

"With all due respect to all parties involved, we disagree with and condemn Coach Saban's erroneous characterization of the efforts and hard work that went into building a strong recruiting class comprised of young men with integrity and character that we believe will carry forward the tradition of values and success that represent Texas A&M University.  It is unfortunate and disrespectful to these young men and their families to question their intentions and honor.  We note that all of Texas A&M's recruiting practices and policies are transparent and conform with the laws of the State of Texas, as well as the bylaws of the NCAA and Southeastern Conference.  We look forward to continuing to compete with respect and the type of integrity that represents the Spirit of Aggieland - in a manner that makes our entire student and alumni community proud."

story over.  saban looks like a hypocritical bitch.  tamu looks like the high road.  but because agros are gonna agro and jimbo is dumb fucking white trash from west virginia or whatever the fuck bumfuck place with a short man complex...they can't help themselves.

I've highlighted the flaw in your logic

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Actually not completely true in terms of the typical vernacular, particularly with regards to the "flagship" university of a given state, but I know more than well enough not to get into a pissing match with you.  I'd have a better chance of reasoning with my chihuahua.

Carry on.

A man needs to know his limitations. I at least commend you for acknowledging your chihuahua as your equal.

Each individual university system usually has its "flagship" institution. The only instance I can point to of a "flagship" institution of a university system being unquestionably subordinate to branch institutions of another in-state university system is Texas A&M - College Station, which is flagship of the A&M system and also a branch institution of The University of Texas at Austin (not a recognized branch of The University of Texas System).

In the hierarchy of higher education in Texas, both Texas A&M and the Texas A&M System, as branch institutions of The University of Texas at Austin, would be subordinate to UTSA, UTEP, UTD, etc, which are individual branch institutions of The University of Texas System, not branch institutions of a component of The University of Texas System.

As we well know, I have long advocated for Texas A&M - College Station and the entire Texas A&M System to become a constitutionally independent university system and no longer a branch of the flagship institution of The University of Texas System, buy aggys evidently feel such independence would be beyond their abilities to properly administer.

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

A man needs to know his limitations. I at least commend you for acknowledging your chihuahua as your equal.

Each individual university system usually has its "flagship" institution. The only instance I can point to of a "flagship" institution of a university system being unquestionably subordinate to branch institutions of another in-state university system is Texas A&M - College Station, which is flagship of the A&M system and also a branch institution of The University of Texas at Austin (not a recognized branch of The University of Texas System).

In the hierarchy of higher education in Texas, both Texas A&M and the Texas A&M System, as branch institutions of The University of Texas at Austin, would be subordinate to UTSA, UTEP, UTD, etc, which are individual branch institutions of The University of Texas System, not branch institutions of a component of The University of Texas System.

As we well know, I have long advocated for Texas A&M - College Station and the entire Texas A&M System to become a constitutionally independent university system and no longer a branch of the flagship institution of The University of Texas System, buy aggys evidently feel such independence would be beyond their abilities to properly administer.

You're only slightly less predictable than Hugo.

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Thanks for this, jimmyjazz.

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

So, aggy could be a flagship univ in collie station…if they’d renounce and give up their PUF funds and sever that branch from UTA…with our permission?