• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Considering that aggy is a public institution and so using public funds for all of this overspending is there no oversight on all of this?  That's  $10 million a year on two football coaches even though they are far in depth to the academic side for failure to meet their obligations in years past.  Shouldn't the legislature or someone step in and force them to ba Lance their budgets and control spending?

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Considering that aggy is a public institution and so using public funds for all of this overspending is there no oversight on all of this?  That's  $10 million a year on two football coaches even though they are far in depth to the academic side for failure to meet their obligations in years past.  Shouldn't the legislature or someone step in and force them to ba Lance their budgets and control spending?

Hasn't it been established that the money is coming from boosters? I'll hang up and listen.

15 minutes ago, txhorns said:

In the last survey I saw, A&M was ranked fifth in the state for professor salaries (behind even U of H), and sixth for asst professors (begins U of H and Baylor). I think the administrators at A&M have pretty much given up on trying to improve aggy academics. 

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

In the last survey I saw, A&M was ranked fifth in the state for professor salaries (behind even U of H), and sixth for asst professors (begins U of H and Baylor). I think the administrators at A&M have pretty much given up on trying to improve aggy academics. 

Pretty sure that was a foregone conclusion when Perry overhauled their system and directly tied teacher salaries to student feedback and the money they bring to the university. Congrats on the diploma mill, aggy. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pretty sure that was a foregone conclusion when Perry overhauled their system and directly tied teacher salaries to student feedback and the money they bring to the university. Congrats on the diploma mill, aggy. 

And don't forget the 8-figure debt (interest free) aggy athletics has owed the university since 2006 and can't afford to fully repay until 2028, at the earliest.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yep. It's all part of Perry and Sharp's plan to save aggy from the eggheads.

The only thing missing from their master plan is that College Station still doesn't have a Waffle House.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Yep. It's all part of Perry and Sharp's plan to save aggy from the eggheads.

The only thing missing from their master plan is that College Station still doesn't have a Waffle House.

I've enjoyed the aggy message board mantra of their decision being based upon pumping out more aggie grads so they can take control of the Texas legislature and...well...run this state. 

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've enjoyed the aggy message board mantra of their decision being based upon pumping out more aggie grads so they can take control of the Texas legislature and...well...run this state. 

Ah, the prima noctes tactic:   If we can't get them out, we breed them out....

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Is it that much different than PACE? Honestly don't even know if PACE is still a thing at UT.

Yes. PACE is 1 semester at ACC iirc where basically you show up to class and don't fuck up and you're in. 

Difference being CC versus JuCo and that you are living in Austin instead of Brenham. 

You can also rush UT fraternities if you go the PACE route, go to UT parties, etc. It's like being a redshirt at UT. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yes. PACE is 1 semester at ACC iirc where basically you show up to class and don't fuck up and you're in. 

Difference being CC versus JuCo and that you are living in Austin instead of Brenham. 

You can also rush UT fraternities if you go the PACE route, go to UT parties, etc. It's like being a redshirt at UT. 

There are plenty of kids my son graduated from high school with that are living in CS and going to Blindergarten. Their moms call themselves aggy moms on Facebook from what I hear. 

They can join frats too. I think one of them plays in the dress up army as well

Edited by Dennis Taylor

19 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There are plenty of kids my son graduated from high school with that are living in CS and going to Blindergarten. Their moms call themselves aggy moms on Facebook from what I hear. 

Blindergarten?

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Well, that and they are practically taking every student who applies. They have had to place students into Blinn classes to handle the load.

https://www.blinn.edu/team/

The Blinn partnership has to be a short term solution, right? 

At some point, academic standards will have to take priority over increased revenue and Blinn will drop a&m to preserve what remains of their reputation. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

My nephew tried to go this route last fall.  He got to see what aggy was all about and just wasn't into it.  He transferred to Oklahoma State between semesters and is much happier now.

13 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

My nephew tried to go this route last fall.  He got to see what aggy was all about and just wasn't into it.  He transferred to Oklahoma State between semesters and is much happier now.

Good for him. Okie Lite is good people. Have a few of them in my family. 

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

a lot of these kids will tell you they don't like taking classes at Blinn because they're harder. 

Reminds me of the best ESPN comment I ever read (not that that's a high bar).

Post the 2012 drubbing of ND that Bama laid down, someone comments:

"Wow I wonder what the classes are going to be like tomorrow at Notre Dame..."

The reply:

"A lot harder than the ones at Alabama."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

a lot of these kids will tell you they don't like taking classes at Blinn because they're harder. 

I can confirm this story. I have also heard the same thing from more than one "lecturer" (the title given to the temp workers aggy has instead of professors in an embarrassing percentage of their classrooms). The same instructors work both campuses, so they ought to know. An aggy education is a sad joke.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

They've fully embraced the diploma mill. When I would argue with aggys they would initially dismiss the diploma mill claims now they try to argue the benefits behind being a diploma mill. 

You can't even make this shit up. 

• Like 1