• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

This really struck a chord with Billy.

He’s going on a bit of a rampage in the thread.

See if Baylor had a writer as lame as Looch his response to the Sugar Bowl would be to rewatch the Texas-Baylor game and tweeting how losing on the final play means glory awaits.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What we have here is the making of the best 7-5 team to ever play in the Music City bowl. Thankfully there are filler games like Texas St, Lamar and UTSA to add in a few free wins for bowl eligibility.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Playing the preseason #1, #2, and #3 is indeed impressive... but does he ever say they are going to actually win those games or is he just excited about being on the same field and getting some really good losses?

FWIW, we play #6 and #10 next year (WEAK ASS!) and we actually beat #3 and #6 this past year. 

I love scheduling these SEC teams for our OOC as it pertains to a measuring stick for aggy. Got a head start on it with Georgia this year. Their heads will explode when we win some those games and they're still crowing about how they are good losses to go along with beating up on Lamar and UTSA. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Playing the preseason #1, #2, and #3 is indeed impressive... but does he ever say they are going to actually win those games or is he just excited about being on the same field and getting some really good losses?

FWIW, we play #6 and #10 next year (WEAK ASS!) and we actually beat #3 and #6 this past year. 

I love scheduling these SEC teams for our OOC as it pertains to a measuring stick for aggy. Got a head start on it with Georgia this year. Their heads will explode when we win some those games and they're still crowing about how they are good losses to go along with beating up on Lamar and UTSA. 

And all the while they're crowing about their tough schedule and impending quality losses, you better believe they secretly wish they were playing Duke or Louisville instead of Clemson, and that they had Tennessee instead of Georgia...

16 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Being on the same field as playoff teams has been an aggy bragging point for years now.  I honestly think they've lost track of the fact that simply playing against good teams is not an accomplishment. 

Did you win?

Don't matter, sip, you're stuck playing Baylor and Kansas State while we're playing Clemson and Bama. 

OK, but did you win? 

SEC, SEC, SEC! 

• Like 3

I find it funny that Aggy has now played 7 seasons in the SEC. And we played and beat Georgia before they have stepped on the field over with them. Without some shitty ref calls, would have most likely been the same with LSU.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-08-at-5-52-36-PM.png

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Accepted:

"Such a great shirt. I needed 27 of them for all the family, but only found 25. Ran out of shirts. I still count it as a win. Get yours."

Fucking brilliant! The lulz is why I keep coming back to this thread. If that means I'm obsessed with aggy, then by god, I'm obsessed with aggy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Being on the same field as playoff teams has been an aggy bragging point for years now.  I honestly think they've lost track of the fact that simply playing against good teams is not an accomplishment. 

Did you win?

Don't matter, sip, you're stuck playing Baylor and Kansas State while we're playing Clemson and Bama. 

OK, but did you win? 

SEC, SEC, SEC! 

This is so true. And I'll say it again for the the umpteenth time since this nonsense started in 2011, this is why they lost their collective shit when they were invited to join the SEC. Total self-esteem move to assuage the inferiority complex. Doesn't matter if they ever win, just matters that they are associated a schedule like that. Self-esteem by osmosis. 

• Like 3

Just now, crimsonlonghorn said:

This is so true. And I'll say it again for the the umpteenth time since this nonsense started in 2011, this is why they lost their collective shit when they were invited to join the SEC. Total self-esteem move to assuage the inferiority complex. Doesn't matter if they ever win, just matters that they are associated a schedule like that. Self-esteem by osmosis. 

Someone should remind them that there's a sizable group of fcs schools who also play and lose against the top sec teams each year.

It's not exactly an exclusive club. 

• Like 5

Went to do some twitter trolling at Looch and I noticed his banner pic. When did JJ Watt go on that show? Or is that some aggy meathead like Seth Payne? Had to tell because it's blurry. 

Two guys with girls in their laps, one guy who looks like he could get any woman under 65 in American to sit on his lap just for the asking, and.... Looch with a smirk on his face just happy to be there. 

That's an aggy SEC allegory if there ever was one. 

Douche%20Radio.png

23 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

So focused on loses. It’s the aggy way

Liucci gets to puff out his chest. The ags earned a lot of respect in 2018.

After all, 2018 was the first season in six years they finished with a winning record in conference play. That is one hell of an accomplishment for Texas A&M.

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Liucci is losing his mind. The reality that the SEC narrative is falling apart must be setting in.

Liucci has bought into the aggy cultural belief that there should be no minimum acceptable standards for any aspect of aggy culture, just a burnt orange yardstick.

aggy hasn't has a 10-win season over FBS competition in over 20 years. They haven't had consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play on just as long. There is nothing about the aggy football program that is worth arguing over. They have been abysmal over the past 20 years and they have A LOT to prove moving forward to even tangentially be considered other than a struggling program.

That Liucci finds the record of the aggy football team defensible is laughable. That he does shows his very low football IQ. He cherry picks and applies the burnt orange yardstick, and that supposedly validates the performance of the aggy program. No program other than aggy could look back on the last 20+ years and consider their performance to be one equal to the great programs of the past quarter-century. The only consistency that have shown is consistent mediocrity.

43 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

They used to have the first roof section maroon and the rest was normal...if this is the new look into guess I'll have to boycott! 

It is still just the one stripe on the roof.  That photo is shopped.  But the policy is so stupid the Hooters moved their place to Bryan in no mans land because the City of College Station is full retard on their orange building policy.  

I do business in that area so I am there a lot.  I see things.

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

For A&M to win ten games next year, they would have to beat one of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, or their bowl opponent. Odds: not good.

Even then, they would have to rely on a victory against a FCS team to to it. In 2012, when they last won at least 10 games, they had to rely on victories over two FCS teams to finish 11-2.

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Even then, they would have to rely on a victory against a FCS team to to it. In 2012, when they last won at least 10 games, they had to rely on victories over two FCS teams to finish 11-2.

I don't think 90% of the people in and around the sport even notice the SEC playing FCS schools any more. It's such a matter of course that it doesn't get asterisked the way it should.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

It is still just the one stripe on the roof.  That photo is shopped.  But the policy is so stupid the Hooters moved their place to Bryan in no mans land because the City of College Station is full retard on their orange building policy.  

I do business in that area so I am there a lot.  I see things.

So they don't have Home Depot either?

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ah. So that was how you came to the conclusion they hadn't won 10 games against FBS competition.

I simply looked at the records of past seasons. 2912 and 1998 were the last two times they had 10+ win seasons. If they don't do it next year, it will be one season in a quarter-century with 10+ wins over FBS competition.

A QUARTER OF A CENTURY!

That level of mediocrity simply doesn't register with people such as Liucci because that level of mediocrity is all they know. It is their norm.Instead of pointing fingers at the group of decision makers who have been running aggy athletics, they cherry pick and measure they "success" with the sacred burnt orange yardstick, all the while claiming a "100-year decision" and that they have "moved on."

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't think 90% of the people in and around the sport even notice the SEC playing FCS schools any more. It's such a matter of course that it doesn't get asterisked the way it should.

Northwestern State has an enrollment of 5,100 and a total athletics budget of $11.7 mil. ULM - 5,100 students and $14.2 mil. Nicholls State - 4,600 students, $8.4 million. UAB - 8,900 students, $29 million. Texas A&M - about 65,000 students and $140 million in revenue.

And aggy thinks playing that level of competition OOC is going to get their players the type of reps that will prepare them to be competitive against top teams.

Yesterday, I posted the ESPN game summary win probability graphs for the 2018 aggy/Bama and aggy/Clemson games. Never in the second half was the outcome of either of those games in question.

aggy plays OOC teams it has no business playing and is routinely noncompetitive against top teams it plays.

And Liucci thinks the aggys are exemplars of collegiate athletic excellence.

Liucci is part of the aggy problem for not holding the people running aggy football accountable.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1