• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not intentionally, but Saban will want to pull his starters as soon as he can to avoid a senseless injury in an already won game. When the Bama 2s and 3s get in, it will be their opportunity to shine and they are going to play much harder than the beaten down aggy starters, or the aggy backups.

Saban won't be scheming to run up the score, but the talent mismatches will be there. He didn't want to run up the score on Ole Miss, and look what happened in that game.

Bama's leading rusher had 62 yards. Tua didn't even have 200 yds passing. They played their 3rd string QB and their 4th string RB. They only punted twice. Their D had 22 players with either a tackle or an assist, including their entire third string defensive backfield. They had one kid who registered in the stat sheet (Stephon Wynn) who isn't even listed in their 3-deep.

Jimbo needs to get out of there with no injuries, get some younger players exposure at the speed of a really good team, and stress fundamentals on every play. He needs to just survive and claim a moral victory.

So, what you're saying, is....if you are gonna lose....lose healthy?

Oooops,  Drving like a maniac on campus, tried to outrun a bike cop leaving the ULM game.  Backup center to their injured starter McCoy who may or may not be ready for the AL game.  Good times.  Let the Ag "all cops are overzealous" threads commence.  They let this idiot off because they need him, Jimbo's already shaky standards are set.  What you tolerate IS your standard.  They already know the game's a loss.  Now the players know what they can and can't get away with relative to their roles on the field.

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

So when someone wants a meteor strike, you think they are honestly pulling for an entire city to be struck and for thousands to die?

This is a stupid fucking discussion. 

If the meteor is coming it's coming. And if anyone on a UT message board truly had the powers to call down a meteor strike, don't you think they would have used those powers to some lesser extent already.

So I'm going out on a limb and thinking the comments wishing a meteor strike are an example of cultural humor not a legitimate wish of death and destruction on others.

I may be wrong, but I think it was just cultural humor that you didn't properly interpret.

6 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Hey Duke, have I missed it, or are you yet to respond to/debunk the ‘aggy as most valuable college team’ article? 

No, I' not going to bother with that simply because it is subjective reasoning not based on any real facts. The writers logic was "based on the factors, and after making these adjustments, I have determined the following..."

I'm going to let that pass. The huge spike in aggy facilities donations has passed, they admitted they didn't cover operating expenses in 2017-2018 from operating revenues, and they are about to see their total revenues settle back down to the $140 mil level.

In operating revenue alone, UT is well over $200 mil/yr. Now that DelConte is starting to crank up the athletics money machine for the first time in well over a decade, we can see Ut revenue it $300 mil rather easily, and should push $400 mil, once the SEZ and basketball projects both get going.

The one project I am working on is pulling total assets, total liabilities and total new worth at a system-wide level (flagship institution when not part of a university system) for the top 20 athletics revenue schools. Not sure if you caught last week when I mentioned the UT system has $72B in total assets,  about $28B in total liabilities and has a new positive worth of about $45B (the UT system operating budget for 2018-2019 is in excess of $20B). In comparison, aggy has $13B in total assets, $7B in total liabilities, about $6B in net worth, and just under $4B operating budget. As a stand-alone institution, Univ of Michigan has a larger economic footprint than the entire A&M system.

Those are audited numbers that reflect the economic impact as well as actual scale and scope of the various institutions. Trying to discuss subjective reasoning gets tedious, because there is no conclusion to reach. It is like arguing who would win if aggy and UT played this year. Not a subject worth getting into with poorly educated hyper partisan individuals having a pathological need for constant affirmation.

• Like 1

I give the SEC credit for being the dominant conference this season.

THIS season.

I still contend that they aren't really tested with these junior colleges.  The eight home games that they are allowed is bullshit, and they will get the benefit of the doubt in ALL rankings, but there will be a correction next year that will be obvious.

Alabama may even be stronger next year, but the rest are going to fall back some.  I don't think Georgia will keep it up, for instance.

aggy will suck this year and next. 

Interesting concept. That should work well in colleyville where they cant even stack logs. Hopefully that thing has a kill switch that is easily accessible. 

On the other hand, don't forget about the freight shuttle system they invented in 2016 to move goods back and forth. You might recognize it as a train, which was invented in the early 1800's but don't let that get in the way of good bull!  I wonder how much that little study cost Texas taxpayers while these yokels spent $500M on Kroger field?

https://tti.tamu.edu/freight-shuttle/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1