• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

What's hilarious to me is that nearly every outlandish aggy claim here is something I have overheard aggy discussing and acting self-important about. That includes their "most recognizable rings in America" and that Freebirds is an aggy creation. Not to mention pissheads, whip out, zips, and HOWDY!

Fish Camp is an amazing waste of time.

• Like 2

I'm coming to the point where stuff like aggy's mediocre DC being paid $2 million is more annoying than amusing. There's so many better ways the state of Texas could use that money. Even aggy could find a less stupid outlet for that money (I don't know, maybe that's asking too much). 

In case anyone is interested in some of the basics of what is happening on he academic side of the state's public schols, the THECB just released its 2019 Almanac. Lots of basic facts about enrollment numbers, revenue, admissions profiles, basic faculty numbers, etc.

2019 (pdf)

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/DocFetch.cfm?DocID=12371&Format=PDF

2018(pdf)

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/DocFetch.cfm?DocID=10900&Format=PDF

• Like 1

Aggy enrollment still going up, but yet again fewer faculty than year before. Student/faculty ration now over 24:1.

School resources stretched even more. Spending per student dropped yet again.

UT acceptance rate unchanged. A&M still higher acceptance rate than Tech.

At UT, roughly 3/4 of the freshmen were in the top 10% of their graduating class. At aggy, about 50%. At Tech, fewer than one in five.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Aggy enrollment still going up, but yet again fewer faculty than year before. Student/faculty ration now over 24:1.

At UT, roughly 3/4 of the freshmen were in the top 10% of their graduating class. At aggy, about 50%. At Tech, fewer than one in five.

Yeah, but just wait til next year when Tech experiences the increase in applications due to being in the National Title game.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/big-tournament/applications-at-texas-tech-soar-during-march-madness/1901935437

36 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Spend per student:

aggy - $26,518

UT - $43,809

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No claim, no matter how obscure, refutable, and obviously full of shit, will lack for "evidence" in aggyland, I assure you. One of the defining elements of a cult is that all arguments, when reduced ad absurdam, will involve appeals to authority, and the authority in question will be unapproachable. For aggy, that will always be the anonymous aggy (or, sometimes, the conveniently dead aggy) whose unimpeachable character renders their testimony (hearsay or not) truer than a tautological truth.

I have seriously spoken with more rational communists, more rational religious fanatics, and more rational schizophrenics than what I encounter on a daily basis with devotees to the aggy religion.

I'll just go ahead and admit it now, had to look tautological up.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

A&M has over 20% more students than UT, yet fewer faculty. That is one thing that caught my eye.

Stupid sip. Fish camp alone enbiggens the aggy brain like 500%. So they're already like, super-DUPER smart before they take their first class so they don't need to have all of them fancy professors and teachin' folk like other schools. Advantage aggy.

What's hilarious to me is that nearly every outlandish aggy claim here is something I have overheard aggy discussing and acting self-important about. That includes their "most recognizable rings in America" and that Freebirds is an aggy creation. Not to mention pissheads, whip out, zips, and HOWDY!
Fish Camp is an amazing waste of time.

You forgot the ring ceremony. They invented that too.

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Student/faculty ration now over 24:1.

That's ridiculous. For comparison:

Other big publics: 

UH 22:1

Tx St 21:1

Tech 20:1

UT Austin 18:1

Notable private schools:

TCU 13:1

SMU 11:1

Trinity 9:1

Rice 6:1

I didn't look up Baylor because fuck Baylor

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Back before there were franchises in the Texas Union, they served a burrito remarkably similar to what you can get at Freebirds. It was quite literally the only thing that I liked there, in fact. Freebirds is good, for what it is -- fast food burritos. But to hang your hat on it as some sort of cultural mainstay, even if it were factual (and, aggy being aggy, that should never be assumed), that's just silly.

Anyway, that style of burrito is a California thing, pure and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts. For aggy to claim it is just one more example of collective dementia.

I’d go with delusions of grandeur but overall sounds pretty spot on. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm coming to the point where stuff like aggy's mediocre DC being paid $2 million is more annoying than amusing. There's so many better ways the state of Texas could use that money. Even aggy could find a less stupid outlet for that money (I don't know, maybe that's asking too much). 

What a pathetic waste of money.

noun: tautology
  1. the saying of the same thing twice in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g., they arrived one after the other in succession ).
    synonyms: repetition, repetitiveness, repetitiousness, reiteration, redundancy, superfluity, periphrasis, iteration, duplication; More

• a phrase or expression in which the same thing is said twice in different words.
      plural noun: tautologies
    • LOGIC
      a statement that is true by necessity or by virtue of its logical form.

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

$2 million?  For what?

What's funny is yes, at times their defense last year was a step up from prior years.  Yes, that's not saying much.  I also remember Sumlin's first year they had a decent squad on defense as well; especially against the run as this years team was better at stopping.

You know the rest of the story....

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:
noun: tautology
  1. the saying of the same thing twice in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g., they arrived one after the other in succession ).
    synonyms: repetition, repetitiveness, repetitiousness, reiteration, redundancy, superfluity, periphrasis, iteration, duplication; More

• a phrase or expression in which the same thing is said twice in different words.
      plural noun: tautologies
    • LOGIC
      a statement that is true by necessity or by virtue of its logical form.

"Look at those dumb aggies".

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, InkaUtexas said:

She can write about these wonderful people for 4 years. 

https://animalscience.tamu.edu/students/teams/meat-judging/

FullSizeRender-768x342.jpg

Animal science huh?

Why hasn't anyone done a ranking of these aggy specimens? I saw burned eyes gave a couple of ratings out, but no rankings? 

Edited by Zavala

29 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Animal science huh?

Why hasn't anyone done a ranking of these aggy specimens? I saw burned eyes gave a couple of ratings out, but no rankings? 

Tech gets the big meat judging press

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2019/05/09/collegiate-meat-judging-big-12-texas-tech-mark-miller-taylor-schertz

20 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

In case anyone is interested in some of the basics of what is happening on he academic side of the state's public schols, the THECB just released its 2019 Almanac. Lots of basic facts about enrollment numbers, revenue, admissions profiles, basic faculty numbers, etc.

2019 (pdf)

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/DocFetch.cfm?DocID=12371&Format=PDF

2018(pdf)

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/DocFetch.cfm?DocID=10900&Format=PDF

hey everyone not-so-sharp says that not-s0-sharp done good with da moniez!

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-poised-to-receive-715-million-more-in-new-money-than-2017-legislative-session-510236481.html

the best part is where he shits on the president of the university (I think we are all seeing why the AD left)

he claims his job is to get the money and it is the job of the president to figure out how to spend it......IE he pretends he is not the over reaching, meddling, asshole that he is with all the stupid plans further fucking up the university along with his lack of understanding of formula funding.....he just brings the table scraps and the university president has to figure out how to spend the money to band-aid the fuck ups

4 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

hey everyone not-so-sharp says that not-s0-sharp done good with da moniez!

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-poised-to-receive-715-million-more-in-new-money-than-2017-legislative-session-510236481.html

the best part is where he shits on the president of the university (I think we are all seeing why the AD left)

he claims his job is to get the money and it is the job of the president to figure out how to spend it......IE he pretends he is not the over reaching, meddling, asshole that he is with all the stupid plans further fucking up the university along with his lack of understanding of formula funding.....he just brings the table scraps and the university president has to figure out how to spend the money to band-aid the fuck ups

Example 1 Billion that politicians are crooks.