Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

upset jimbo left and dipsit taggart is running the team?

the latter half of that, sure

we can sit here and be clinical about the extent to which Florida State's problems developed under Fisher, but there aren't a lot of Florida State fans sitting around patiently tut-tutting the humiliating losses and lack of progress

Taggart is on the hot seat because Florida State has somehow gotten worse under him in less than two years and there is no obvious reason to expect it to get better. They've gone from Mack Brownish sclerosis to Charlie Strongish AIDS. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I honestly know zero florida state fans. Not a one.

Those who do, do you know a single person who is upset jimbo left and dipsit taggart is running the team? They seem like parallel coaches. Only one of them got a once in a lifetime qb.
I have fsu fans in my in laws. The problems didn't start with fisher. they started with the sainted one. fisher had a great qb and then it continued to go to shit. Fisher was on his way to being fired when swanny's team dumped a shitton of money on him to leave. no fsu fan was sad to see him go. they WERE amazed at the stupidity of aggy in paying him that much. Then fsu fell into the strong, taggart, frost trap. picking up a coach that had success at a lower level but aint up to the job at the higher level.

and yeah fsu is gonna shitcan willie and moneywhip a new coach. unfortunately it aint gonna work. despite not being an ag school fsu has aggy's problem of needing to cheat to be successful. and fsu fans are ok with that.

• Like 2

Sanctimonious, redneck aggy gets put in his place by someone who actually served, instead of just wore a fake costume on campus for four years.

(UPDATE: Evidently this conversation was declared unapproved speech by the central party apparatchik. It was promptly deleted from the site)

You don't get it do you Tango? Sounds like maybe you are a real Garret Trooper, if you even know the meaning? It could be just a pure thing of being patriotic and standing proud for the contributions and sacrifices that grads and students of our school have made in defense of this country since 1876.
The traditions and many successes of TAMU, it's graduates and students are deeply rooted to our present and past military culture and history. Aggie blood spilled on many a battlefield has helped solidify the reputation of what this University was built upon..... honor, integrity, honesty, commitment, courage etc.
So before you make some dumb no Ag tag statement as to why somebody might like or be proud of a flyby, you might stop and think that most of those are Aggies up there flying those aircraft, and they, perhaps, to all us Aggies, honor all Aggies that have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep this country free so we can enjoy things like football games.
As long as Aggies keep wearing uniforms of our armed forces and leave our school willing to serve and fight and die for this country I think we can still carry on the traditions of being a " military school" and every Aggie, former or current student, non reg, or Corp member, should remember our history and revere it.
That all right with you Tango Mike"? If not, you can Alpha Mike Foxtrot either direction on Highway 6.

I was in the Corps of Cadets. I graduated from A&M. I spent 13 years in the Army. I literally left my blood sweat and tears over 4.75 years in Iraq. I medically retired because over time IED blasts caused epilepsy. You don't own the high ground here.

A&M is not a military school. 200 of 15000 graduates join the military each year. Lots of Aggies convince themselves that they've given back simply because they went to a "military school". Flying planes over a football stadium does nothing

And I've never heard "Garrett trooper"

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Self awareness aggy is strong this morning.

There is a tendency among especially Old(er) Army to remember fondly the unity of purpose and mind that existed when they were at Texas A&M as students.

All the game days were sunny, we never lost, the FTAB never lost a halftime, and people actually got on Highways 6 and 21 and left town when they were called two percenters (north-south) or sips (west on 21.)

Stand strong. Support your opinion. And reason with them. If they choose to be unreasonable...that's on them.
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3070532/replies/55241733

You have to keep it in perspective. There are some weirdo people who never matured correctly on this site that derive their self worth from Aggie football. When you begin to chip away at what they hold so near and dear, you are effectively destroying their worldview. Like children, they will lash out at anything that upsets their feeweeings.

Don't lose hope though. This site is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things and does not represent the majority of Aggies. Just like all conservatives are not neo-Nazis nor are libtards all antifa nutcases.
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3070532/replies/55241874

Because the people that populate this place have extremely thin skin. They can't take any sort of jokes or criticism. Simply thinking that big bad boogeyman from another school's fanbase is lurking on this board pretending to be an Aggie is pretty strong proof of this.

Shouting down anything they don't like with "SIP TROLL!!!!" is probably the internet equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and crying.

A lot of the loudest people on this board are the reason the hurt feelings report was first printed. In the immortal words of Shawn Carter:

you know the type
loud as a motorbike
but wouldn't bust a grape
in a fruit fight
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3070532/replies/55244344

It's insufficient to say "A&M Isn't a military school." It is a civilian school with no particularly special military programs or ties. It has an ROTC program that it chooses to prioritize in its branding, but just because you really, really, really love your Halloween costume more than I love mine doesn't mean you're closer to Batman than I am. 

The University of Texas has a more significant alliance with the US military than A&M does.

University of Texas System to serve as home base for U.S. Army Futures Command

As part of the U.S. Army’s most significant reorganization since 1973, the Pentagon has selected Austin as its new base to partner closely with the best of academia, research and private sector innovation, and in doing so, also selected The University of Texas System as the headquarters for its Army Futures Command. 

The UT System Board of Regents Friday voted to provide the U.S. Army with space in the UT System building, located at 210 W. Seventh St. in downtown Austin. The details and timing of the arrangement still are being finalized.

The U.S. Army announced Friday that Austin had been selected as the location for the Army Futures Command in part because of its already-vibrant ecosystem of innovation, civic engagement and higher education, which includes UT Austin, one of the top-ranked research institutions in the nation.

The Army Futures Command is a new organization committed to coordinating modernization efforts and integrating innovation across the Army.

Regents Chairman Sara Martinez Tucker said the UT System is delighted to partner with the U.S. Army not just to provide physical space but also to leverage the vast resources and expertise of UT Austin and UT institutions across the state.

“UT institutions are home to the nation’s leading experts in national security, bioterrorism, cybersecurity, medicine and engineering and have well-established research enterprises and cultures of innovation that the U.S Army is relying on as it modernizes and accelerates its capabilities,” Tucker said.

“Among five national finalists vying for the Army’s presence, we are honored that Texas – and specifically Austin – was ultimately selected. This is the perfect example of academic, business, government and civic leaders joining forces in the spirit of national service,” Tucker added. 

Governor Greg Abbott and representatives from the U.S. Army spoke at a news conference at the Austin Chamber of Commerce Friday afternoon and praised the UT System’s involvement.

“I want to express my sincere appreciation to the University of Texas System for its hard work and collaboration in partnering with the U.S. Army in this important endeavor,” Gov. Abbott said. “Today’s announcement brings ground-breaking research in the area of national defense to our state capital, and I look forward to the military’s advancements in protecting our nation being made possible by the great minds in the UT System of higher education.”

Lt. Gen. Eric J. Wesley, the integration management officer for Army Futures Command, said what set Austin apart was how the community unified in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration.

“The reason we came to Austin is because we want to be next to talent,” he said. “The UT System Board of Regents were great leaders in this effort.”

The UT System, composed of 14 institutions, including six medical schools, is one of the largest public university systems in the United States and enrolls more than 234,000 students. UT institutions grant more than one-third of the state’s undergraduate degrees – including more than 9,200 degrees in STEM-related fields annually.

Across UT institutions, government-supported research and development expenditures total $2.7 billion, ranking second nationally among U.S. public higher education systems.

The UT System was recently ranked No. 3 in the world for most patents granted to a university or university system – making it one of the most innovative systems of higher education in the world.

• Like 5

So, if we assume that Tango Mike's statement that 200 graduates join the military each year is correct, and aggy had 10,500 graduates last year, then 1.9% of them actually join the military.  Maybe being called a 2%er should be a badge of honor for them.

Edited by Zone Read
cuz I can't spell

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

It's insufficient to say "A&M Isn't a military school." It is a civilian school with no particularly special military programs or ties. It has an ROTC program that it chooses to prioritize in its branding, but just because you really, really, really love your Halloween costume more than I love mine doesn't mean you're closer to Batman than I am. 

The University of Texas has a more significant alliance with the US military than A&M does.

University of Texas System to serve as home base for U.S. Army Futures Command

As part of the U.S. Army’s most significant reorganization since 1973, the Pentagon has selected Austin as its new base to partner closely with the best of academia, research and private sector innovation, and in doing so, also selected The University of Texas System as the headquarters for its Army Futures Command. 

The UT System Board of Regents Friday voted to provide the U.S. Army with space in the UT System building, located at 210 W. Seventh St. in downtown Austin. The details and timing of the arrangement still are being finalized.

The U.S. Army announced Friday that Austin had been selected as the location for the Army Futures Command in part because of its already-vibrant ecosystem of innovation, civic engagement and higher education, which includes UT Austin, one of the top-ranked research institutions in the nation.

The Army Futures Command is a new organization committed to coordinating modernization efforts and integrating innovation across the Army.

Regents Chairman Sara Martinez Tucker said the UT System is delighted to partner with the U.S. Army not just to provide physical space but also to leverage the vast resources and expertise of UT Austin and UT institutions across the state.

“UT institutions are home to the nation’s leading experts in national security, bioterrorism, cybersecurity, medicine and engineering and have well-established research enterprises and cultures of innovation that the U.S Army is relying on as it modernizes and accelerates its capabilities,” Tucker said.

“Among five national finalists vying for the Army’s presence, we are honored that Texas – and specifically Austin – was ultimately selected. This is the perfect example of academic, business, government and civic leaders joining forces in the spirit of national service,” Tucker added. 

Governor Greg Abbott and representatives from the U.S. Army spoke at a news conference at the Austin Chamber of Commerce Friday afternoon and praised the UT System’s involvement.

“I want to express my sincere appreciation to the University of Texas System for its hard work and collaboration in partnering with the U.S. Army in this important endeavor,” Gov. Abbott said. “Today’s announcement brings ground-breaking research in the area of national defense to our state capital, and I look forward to the military’s advancements in protecting our nation being made possible by the great minds in the UT System of higher education.”

Lt. Gen. Eric J. Wesley, the integration management officer for Army Futures Command, said what set Austin apart was how the community unified in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration.

“The reason we came to Austin is because we want to be next to talent,” he said. “The UT System Board of Regents were great leaders in this effort.”

The UT System, composed of 14 institutions, including six medical schools, is one of the largest public university systems in the United States and enrolls more than 234,000 students. UT institutions grant more than one-third of the state’s undergraduate degrees – including more than 9,200 degrees in STEM-related fields annually.

Across UT institutions, government-supported research and development expenditures total $2.7 billion, ranking second nationally among U.S. public higher education systems.

The UT System was recently ranked No. 3 in the world for most patents granted to a university or university system – making it one of the most innovative systems of higher education in the world.

Since WWII, UT Austin has been a University Affiliated Research Center. aggy would love to become, but can't because they lack the academic and intellectual capabilities. A&M couldn't even make the list of federally funded research and development centers (FFRDCs). The defense-related research work done on the UT campus far exceeds anything defense related involving Texas A&M College Station, or the combined efforts of the entire A&M System.

A University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) is a strategic United States Department of Defense (DoD) research center associated with a university. UARCs are formally established by the Director of Defense Research and Engineering (DDR&E), Office of the Secretary of Defense. UARCs were developed to ensure that essential engineering and technology capabilities of particular importance to the DoD are maintained. Although UARCs receive sole source funding under the authority of 10 U.S.C. Section 2304(c)(3)(B), they may also compete for science and technology work unless precluded from doing so by their DoD UARC contracts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Affiliated_Research_Center

On 10/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, Go Pokes said:

The fact that Gundy isn't #2 on that list shows how little attention they are paying to the shitshow that's been going on in Stillwater for three years.   They nailed #1 though.  

It's been a year and a half of poor play, and even last year we beat a bunch of ranked teams and somehow lost to everyone else. And Gundy isn't exactly on the Nick Saban payment plan. The Orange Power board and the OSU facebook groups are full of unreasonable Gundy shitting. But now on surly too? Et tu, brutus?

50 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It's been a year and a half of poor play, and even last year we beat a bunch of ranked teams and somehow lost to everyone else. And Gundy isn't exactly on the Nick Saban payment plan. The Orange Power board and the OSU facebook groups are full of unreasonable Gundy shitting. But now on surly too? Et tu, brutus?

what do you expect, he finally lost to us in Austin

The Tango Ag calling out the other dipshit after his wannabe romantic diatribe might be one of the most fantastic things I’ve read in a long time.
I can just see the first poster now, sitting in his running truck, parked in his driveway, posting away while using military terminology he picked up along the way.
Wife knocks on his window, “you’ve been in the driveway for 30 minutes, and the kids want to see their daddy”
“I’ll be in in a second!!!!”

• Like 2

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ticket-top-10/id1368713096?i=1000453932290

Not sure if this will play here or not, but was listening to the musers a while back and Gordo interviewed this aggy while wireless at the trump rally. This goober was a walk-on that still wears his “championship” ring from 2010. Fun starts around 4:28

• Like 1

My God those rednecks are pathetic. Past midnight on a Sunday evening, and they can't quit obsessing over Randolph Duke. Not once do they try to disprove anything I have posted (which would be extremely difficult because I post my sources). Instead, they just stay up late at night insisting that I am lying because the facts I pull out of the A&M school archives differ from their redneck fish camp fairy tales.

Hey sips

CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
In case you forgot, you're a bunch of butt ****ing dildo waving ***gots.
And you lost to TCU.

And will continue to lose. You are a **** stain on this beloved state! Your fate is sealed you maggots! I'm looking right at you Randy Duke, you lying POS! You made your bed, now get raped in it!

This reminds me of back in August when the ags on SecRant were so upset that posters from others S!E!C! schools on that site were using "unapproved truth speech," and saying truthful things about A&M and aggys that hurt the feelings of thin-skinned agroids. A number of the agrouds were absolutely convinced every individual not praising A&M for its fish camp fairy tale "history" was a "Randolph Duke alter." To "show their S!E!C! brethren "the power of aggys," they organized an aggy boycott of the site to "force" more aggressive moderation and eliminate all "unapproved truth speech." Remember, I do not post on any site under any other name. I have no "alter" accounts on any site. It's the ags who continuously post under multiple accounts. They can't understand not everyone acts like aggys act. That they are convinced they see Randolph Duke behind every corner is embarrassing, even for the infantilized aggy culture.

Predictably, when the ags launched their boycott, the reaction of the other posters over there was thankfulness that there were fewer aggys posting.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1

Um...maybe chalk it up to the quality of "education" offered at Texas A&M. Or, just possibly...

When I went to school, chalk it up to being young and uneducated, I didn't know PVAMU was part of our system. I understand the history behind HBCUs, but there's maybe three that carry some prestige- Howard, Hampton and Morehouse. With all the resources behind A&M, there's no reason why PV couldn't be on the same tier as those.

Our system is a joke compared to texas.
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3071659/replies/55279976

The annual operating budget of the UT system is in excess of $20B. Last year, the legislature moved the Texas Department of Emergency Management into the TAMU System, largely because John Sharp was complaining so loudly that there were individual elements of the UT System (MD Anderson and UT Austin) with institutional operating budgets that embarrassed the entire A&M System. By this absurdity of moving yet another non-academic state administrative function into the A&M "system" TAMUS' budget went from about $4B to about $6B.

Still, with all the accounting gerrymandering to make the A&M System seem to be anywhere close to the UT System, the ags refuse to admit that Prairie View has any entitlement to A&M's branch status AUF distribution. Not amazingly, John Sharp continues to confer degrees on "young and uneducated' aggys who have no clue about the actual history of Texas A&M, Prairie View A&M, the Permanent University Fund, or that the entire Texas A&M System is legally a branch of The University of Texas at Austin.

But the question remains, "Why, with all the resources behind The Texas A&M System, isn't Prairie View A&M on par with the top level of HBCU institution?"

Maybe the answer is the same as "Why do the administrators, alumni, and students of Texas A&M College Station still venerate a virulent racist former school president who knowingly ordered the murder of active duty U.S. Army soldiers taken prisoner?" Why does Texas A&M College Station claim to be "The wealthiest public university in the nation" when the A&M administrators know full well, the actual College Station campus' endowment is less than $600 million, and the money they claim makes the College Station campus "so opulently wealthy" belongs to all eligible schools in the TAMU System (including PVAUM), not the College Station campus.

That question is easy answer, because John Sharp, the Texas A&M administrators, alumni, and students, all consider Prairie View "not racially pure." In other words, they are honoring the "traditions" of Sul Ross in the way they today treat Prairie View, its students, and its alumni.

Prairie View deserves better than Texas A&M. Then again, the state of Texas deserves better than Texas A&M.

Wow regarding their ISIS campus

Well, too much to list for a brief answer. In short, the Admissions department consists of two main people that let in students who have consistently failed pre-calculus 2 or 3 times. TAMUQ is only engineering, keep that in mind. Those same two people are not even from the United States, much less know what Aggie culture is and the quality of student we should expect. They are told to admit at least 50% Qatari students, but the number is much higher and Qatari students are basically given TAMU engineering degrees. These are the exact same degrees that our engineering students get on main campus. A Qatari student who stinks at math will be admitted without question over a 4.0 student that isn't Qatari. Main campus students bust their tails to earn their degrees and students in Qatar are given "no grades" for a semester if they simply complain. Grades are constantly negotiated by students and sadly, that works and they get grades changed. Cheating is a way of life for a TAMUQ student. Professors make around $150,000-$200,000 annually in Qatar on average, so they don't do anything about it to protect their interests, just like all leadership at TAMUQ. The salaries and allowances for people that work at TAMUQ are much higher than what is listed on the tribune. Most of them come to pad their TRS account and bank accounts, then return home. Out of 450 undergrads in 4 engineering degrees in Qatar, students are dragged across the finish line by the university because TAMU gets millions of dollars a year from Qatar Foundation. There's only a small handful of Aggies that work for TAMUQ, which are a huge minority. So there's no Aggie culture in Qatar. It takes no effort to be re-admitted if a student fails out. About 90% of the students in Qatar put in the same effort as a D student at Blinn and they get free grades to keep up the illusion of graduating legit Qatari engineers. The politics run deep at TAMUQ. Those are a few examples.

• Like 2

Here is a classic example of Texas A&M's racist "traditions" on display with respect to Prairie View.

Prairie View was established by the Texas legislature on August 14, 1876. From the start, it was made part of the agricultural branch college of the University of Texas, and was put under the direction of the agricultural branch college's Board of Directors.

There was no Texas A&M System prior to 1948. How could Texas A&M be admitted to the A&M System in 1876, if no such system existed prior to 1948? And what was Prairie View's supposed status (if not equal to that of Texas A&M) prior to 1973.

Happy, white people celebrating Texas A&M admitted to the A&M System as of 1873, but Prairie View not having any association with Texas A&M prior to 1973. Are you really claiming the A&M Board of Directors refused to allow Prairie View to be past of the A&M System from 1948 until 1973?

Um...

What is this supposed to be? A new game show titled "How Racist Can We At Texas A&M Be?"

large.837854190_aggysystem1876pv1973.jpeg.5951d4c2cc281d1cdad5912aa6975cfc.jpeg

3 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

That’s fucking interesting man.

Wikipedia has prairie view joining the system in 1876.

It never ceases to amaze me how ardently the administrators of Texas A&M University work to distort the true history of Texas A&M University. A&M is the only institution of higher education I can think of whose mission is to perpetuate ignorance.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1