• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

reading between the lines, that slogan sounds a little defeatist-- it implies that at the end of Year 2, Jimbo doesn't think his culture has taken hold. He's telling them the right shit and they're just not doing it. If he were just mouthing platitudes like this to the media, I might think he was making excuses, but when he points the finger directly at the players in quasi-private, it means he really thinks it's their fault.

He sounds like fucking Charlie Strong, in other words.

He also has a really, really shitty roster because, well, aggy. They're dumb and untalented. I do like Leal and Madibuke, but other than that, their roster reeks of AAC talent. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Are there any links or definitive takes on how and why the aggies turned down the Longhorn Network partnership deal?

In 2006, the aggys realized their athletics department was in severe financial trouble and would be unable to pay its bills for 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009. Robert Gates and Bill Byrne got together and cooked up a scheme for the academic side to lend $16 million (ultimately $21 mil) at zero interest to help pay the bills. All this was kept secret until 2009, when the news broke. (FYI-That money is still not repaid and not due to be paid in full until 2028)

Here is a story from 2009 that explains what happened:

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/a-m-lent-athletics-million/article_6d3d276a-2f0d-5eaa-bffd-5fd72b27e147.html (Money quote:"The athletics department has been operating in a deficit situation for several years," Murano wrote, adding that no effort to improve that department's finances had been included as a provision in the  $16 million loan agreement between Gates and Byrne. - Byrne said in his e-mail that the loan was designed to cover anticipated deficits from the 2004-05 to 2008-09 fiscal years)

When Deloss went to Bill Byrne with the idea of starting a two-school "network" to monetize Texas' and A&M's T3 rights (to replicate the model Kansas had been executing for a number of years), Deloss also explained A&M would have to share in the start-up expenses. Because aggy athletics was flat broke, they had no money to start the venture. Deloss offered for UT to pay the start-up costs, but to receive a greater share of any financial benefits. Ultimately, Byrne had to say no because not being an equal partner was politically difficult and A&M had no money to invest as an equal partner.

ESPN wanted to get into the college conference T3 space. Their problem was that they would have to poach on-air and technical talent from other networks to start their college networks group and they were afraid that would escalate salaries. LHN was an opportunity for ESPN to hire young, inexpensive entry-level staffers and give them an opportunity of get their foot into sports broadcasting without busting the existing salary scale. By using LHN to train people on a small scale, they could have the people they needed to scale up and run larger conference networks and save money in the process.

ESPN brought in Stephanie Druley to build LHN (Stephanie now runs SECN). When the ESPN deal was announced, A&M wanted in because they then knew ESPN was fronting all the start-up costs. Deloss laughed in Bill Byrne's face and said "no."

The rest is history.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

I had an interesting phone call this morning. It looks like I have been a very good boy this past year and Santa is going to deliver to me just what I want for Christmas.

I should be able to share it with my friends in the very near future.

My Christmas gift will not be appreciated by any aggys, but fuck aggy. They did this to themselves.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

I had an interesting phone call this morning. It looks like I have been a very good boy this past year and Santa is going to deliver to me just what I want for Christmas.

My Christmas gift will not be appreciated by any aggys, but fuck aggy. They did this to themselves.

Did you get a personalized jizz jar from Reville?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Hamm got his credentials reinstated with Aggy athletics?

Edited by crash_davis

reading between the lines, that slogan sounds a little defeatist-- it implies that at the end of Year 2, Jimbo doesn't think his culture has taken hold. He's telling them the right shit and they're just not doing it. If he were just mouthing platitudes like this to the media, I might think he was making excuses, but when he points the finger directly at the players in quasi-private, it means he really thinks it's their fault.
He sounds like fucking Charlie Strong, in other words.
yeah you aggy sure screwed the pooch all right.

and you think about having coitus with Charlie Strong eh. like that long finger eh. you aggy are strange

is it

MULEDICK?

b7921705552aea64d1e785d1b8540486.jpg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, SwanderedTalent said:
Disincorporate! Sorry. Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. Oops!

wrong word. you need to reread Stranger In A Strange Land.

Ah, yessss... Naval Intel has always had an impressive stable of pretty decent writers to front their imaginative fiction teams.

2 minutes ago, dogfarts said:

Wasn’t 2012 a self proclaimed conference title?

they claim a Wouda Been title for that year

WE WOULDA BEEN BIG 12 CHAMPS AND WON THE NATIONAL TITLE IF WE'DA BEEN IN THE BIG 12

I'm surprised they don't just apply that to Conference USA and use it for every single season they post eight wins.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, LTtxfan said:

LMAO at these stupid fucks. Like anyone anywhere is gonna believe that bullshit. All we've heard from these dipshits for 8 years is how "The sips are skeered to play us", even though they're the ones who left the rivalry. Then CDC offers to schedule 'em & they predictably 'don't have room on the schedule' (lol), don't care about it (lol), & 'have moved on' (lolololol).

Fuck these hillbillies.

• Like 2

I have often pointed out that all one needs to do to understand just how bad the A&M education is is to speak with an aggy.

Some of the ags are trying to convince themselves their school had anything to do with the reason Texas and A&M did not meet in the Texas Bowl. Not surprisingly, few (if any) aggys have a clue how the bowl selection process operates. By the time it was the Texas Bowl's turn to select a Big 12 team, Texas had already been picked to play in the Alamo Bowl by the individuals who run the Alamo Bowl.

The Big 12 bowl selection process (posted below) first fills the CFP spot (if eligible). Next, there are agreements with the "contract bowls" that are filled. After that, a priority exists where bowls each select a Big 12 school in a defined order. Those bowls are listed below in order. The first to choose is the Alamo Bowl.

In the SEC (also posted below), first the CFP position is filled, then the contract bowl participant is identified. Then a conference selection committee assigns schools to the remaining bowl games.

As the first choice of the first bowl to select from available Big 12 teams, Texas had no choice but to play in the Alamo Bowl. Since the Alamo Bowl has no agreement with the SEC, once the Alamo Bowl picked Texas, there was no way UT and A&M teams could have met. For the two schools to have had any chance of playing, Texas would have had to have been passed over by the first two bowls in the long established selection order. Big 12 member schools have no say in which bowls they play. Outside of the CFP and the contract bowls, the SEC conference leadership has absolute control over which member schools are assigned to which bowls.

Because of conference agreements as well as CFP and contract bowl agreements, Texas cannot avoid a match-up with a SEC team in a bowl. Ever. Period. A&M can avoid a match-up with Texas in a non-CFP or contract bowl if the bowl selects Texas and then the SEC assigns A&M to play a school other than Texas.

The two times Texas and A&M could have met in post-season bowls were 2014 and 2017. In both instances the Texas Bowl had selected Texas to play and Texas had to accept any opponent the SEC assigned to play them. In both instances, the reason A&M didn't play Texas was because the SEC conference leadership didn't want it to happen.

And now you know.

yes it just proves yet again that A&M controls everything. We made the Alamo bowl pick you so we didn't have play in Houston. And yet again you stupid sips fell for it.
But I'm so glad you have realize how A&M is the master of everything in this state.

Jock 07
We were waiting for sip in the Texas bowl but apparently sip was to scared to play

Big 12 selection process

Each conference champion from the contract bowls (ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC & Pac 12) has a guaranteed spot in its contracted bowl or in another New Year's bowl (Peach, Fiesta or Cotton) if the contracted bowl is a semifinal game and the conference champion is not selected to participate in a semifinal game. The highest ranked champion from the Mountain West, American, Conference USA, Sun Belt or MAC is guaranteed a spot in a CFP bowl and the remaining spots are filled based on the rankings of teams after the contract bowls have been filled.

Allstate Sugar - (Big 12 vs. SEC when Sugar is not a semifinal game)
Rose - (Pac 12 vs. Big Ten when Rose is not a semifinal game)
Capital One Orange - (ACC vs. highest ranked SEC/Big Ten non-champion or Notre Dame when Orange is not a semifinal game)

Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder

https://big12sports.com/news/2019/5/23/211718886.aspx

SEC selection process

The current SEC bowl process coincided with the beginning of the College Football Playoff that followed the 2014 college football season The SEC also participates in the Allstate Sugar Bowl and the Capital One Orange Bowl (in selected years) Under the current SEC bowl system, the Citrus Bowl in Orlando (vs Big Ten), a longtime SEC bowl, will have the first selection of available SEC teams after any conference schools have qualified for the College Football Playoff, New Year’s Six, or the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Following the Citrus Bowl, there will be a pool of six bowls comprised of the Outback Bowl in Tampa (vs Big Ten), Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl in Nashville (vs ACC/Big Ten), TaxSlayer Gator Bowl in Jacksonville (vs ACC/Big Ten), AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis (vs Big 12), Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl in Houston (vs Big 12) and Belk Bowl in Charlotte (vs ACC). In consultation with SEC member institutions, as well as these six bowls, the conference will make the assignments for the bowl games in the pool system.

The SEC also has a relationship with both the Birmingham Bowl (vs American) and the Walk-On’s Independence Bowl in Shreveport (vs ACC) The Birmingham Bowl will have the first selection of available teams following the pool of six bowls The Independence Bowl will have the next selection of available teams following the Birmingham Bowl.

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/football/2019/Bowls.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke