• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

A lot more than 4 times. Unless you mean BOTH participants:

Lost to Texas twice.
Lost to Bama how many times?
Lost to Clemson twice.
Lost to LSU.

Who else?

But it wouldn't surprise me if they posted their one win against an eventual national champion considering they still talk about it.

27 minutes ago, Modessit said:

A lot more than 4 times. Unless you mean BOTH participants:

Lost to Texas twice.
Lost to Bama how many times?
Lost to Clemson twice.
Lost to LSU.

Who else?

But it wouldn't surprise me if they posted their one win against an eventual national champion considering they still talk about it.

Yeah...but they won halftime each game and are first team all-class in terms of fan friendliness. They haven’t shoveled actual shit on opposing fans or bands since joining the secsecsec.

Yeah...but they won halftime each game and are first team all-class in terms of fan friendliness. They haven’t shoveled actual shit on opposing fans or bands since joining the secsecsec.
Them winning at halftime is very subjective.

They march in a square. Personally I think ohio state is the most creative band in the nation, and could probably name 19 additional bands above fake military band in b/cs, and that's being nice. And I dont know shit about bands. I do know doing 180s and crossing each other at 90 degree angles woos and wows aggy, but Christ that is dumb. That band is lame and very 1960s.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Anybody else's Facebook timeline getting clogged with these types of photos? I cannot imagine being "proud" that your kid goes to aggy. Especially when he/she could have gone somewhere else. 

image.png.34e6bfb94a3276a8f9d4ba9a0aa8f8be.png

that's like being proud your kid graduated high school, it's a pretty low fuckin' bar

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Anybody else's Facebook timeline getting clogged with these types of photos? I cannot imagine being "proud" that your kid goes to aggy. Especially when he/she could have gone somewhere else. 

Is there one of those I can post as a proud parent that my kid didn't even apply to aggy?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I've been unfriended by infinitely more aggys than any other reason.  When you start calling out their rah-rah horseshit, their heads fucking explode.

It's beautiful.

And if they can't take rivalrous banter, they should stop it with the smoke-blowing up everyone's ass about how great Texum Bulldog is.

Take a joke or STFU.  They have a real aversion to reality.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I've been unfriended by infinitely more aggys than any other reason.  When you start calling out their rah-rah horseshit, their heads fucking explode.

It's beautiful.

And if they can't take rivalrous banter, they should stop it with the smoke-blowing up everyone's ass about how great Texum Bulldog is.

Take a joke or STFU.  They have a real aversion to reality.

It's kind of telling that those "letters" they send out don't say, "congratulations on joining our community of scholars" or "we welcome your contribution to our academic community".

No, it's "I GET TO BE A GIANT REDASS AGGY"

Because that's what they really care about when you get down to it. 

Wait until someone tells all these poor kids that they all got the same letter about being the "newest" and "loudest" and "proudest". Their heads will explode trying to understand how there's more than one. 

Edited by crimsonlonghorn

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Them winning at halftime is very subjective.

They march in a square. Personally I think ohio state is the most creative band in the nation, and could probably name 19 additional bands above fake military band in b/cs, and that's being nice. And I dont know shit about bands. I do know doing 180s and crossing each other at 90 degree angles woos and wows aggy, but Christ that is dumb. That band is lame and very 1960s.

I was in the band at OkState for one year, before I got a job.  Given I was a military brat who’d moved to Texas via Turkey only two years before, I had zero idea regarding anything related to the traditions or teams of the BigXII...hell I had to buy a book on football my Jr year of HS as I didn’t know anything about the game. 

So imagine my surprise when the ‘stadium’ (Rustoleum field) mostly stayed in attendance for the aggy band at halftime.  I thought I was about to see something clever, or imaginative worthy of the people actually caring to watch. I’d had a cool director at little ole Burkburnett HS during HS who had done a really fun show themed on the Blues Brothers, so I was curious to see what aggy had.  

Nope...it was a big block of people moving on the field, crossing at right angles and a significant proportion of them didn’t have mouthpieces on their instruments.  It was like a massive game of Snake from your flip phone. 

Was not impressed.  We spent countless hours every week memorizing our spots, practicing with poker chips on the turf and trying to do something interesting for the home crowd only to see something that was obviously designed to wow through sheer numbers and easy to teach.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Homercles said:

something that was obviously designed to wow through sheer numbers and easy to teach.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's more or less THE SAME FUCKING ROUTINE and THE SAME FUCKING MUSIC every time. 

I have no personal opinion whether it's "easy to teach" but I'm pretty sure that after doing it for 7-8 games (or more) per season, you'll start to get pretty good at it during year 3 or 4 or 5 (or 6). 

Edited by crimsonlonghorn