• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

53 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

According to their Wiki page, they're claiming 45%.  

SIAP, but I love this site.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=19&ved=2ahUKEwjHoevx47jnAhUERKwKHXoIC8wQFjASegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.duffelblog.com%2F2019%2F09%2Ftexas-am-corps-of-cadets-found-guilty-of-143-years-of-stolen-valor%2F&usg=AOvVaw11WXmHPEwEQt5YE5xfJZSm

“The fact that these kids and this institution have let this go on for over a century is unconscionable,” says lead investigator Winston Hughes. “While it does not appear any of the cadets were able to translate their fake military status into getting laid, the vast majority did attempt to get free apps at the local Chili’s every Veterans’ Day.”

I'm sure "aggy math" tells them that 45% of their fake army fraternity geeks receive commissions, but the actual percentage is closer to 25%.

In 2018, they claimed "the highest number ever" were commissioned and that group included 75 geeks from their Galveston campus who entered the Merchant Marines.

The highest number of Texas A&M University students over the past three-plus decades were commissioned as military officers at spring commencement ceremonies in College Station and Texas A&M-Galveston.

The College Station ceremony included the commissioning of 138 members of the Corps of Cadets, representing four branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. Additionally, 10 officers will be commissioned and 75 midshipmen of Texas A&M Galveston’s Maritime Academy will receive their officer licenses for the U.S. Merchant Marine during the branch campus’ ceremony tomorrow in Galveston. https://today.tamu.edu/2018/05/11/most-cadets-in-30-years-commissioned-as-officers-during-spring-commencement/

From 2019:

The secretary of the U.S. Army was on the Texas A&M campus Friday to commission 49 A&M graduates as Army second lieutenants, part of a day in which 126 Corps of Cadets members were commissioned as officers in various branches of the military. The new officers were recognized at the 2 p.m. graduation ceremony at Reed Arena and received their diplomas. https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/army-secretary-esper-on-hand-as-aggie-cadets-are-commissioned/article_c0542b66-73af-11e9-a2ce-43c8c700024c.html

So...the aggys commission about 130 fraternity members each Spring, with a smaller number commissioned after the Fall semester. Add the two numbers up and aggy struggles to see 200 kids commissioned in any given year.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm sure "aggy math" tells them that 45% of their fake army fraternity geeks receive commissions, but the actual percentage is closer to 25%.

In 2018, they claimed "the highest number ever" were commissioned and that group included 75 geeks from their Galveston campus who entered the Merchant Marines.

From 2019:

So...the aggys commission about 130 fraternity members each Spring, with a smaller number commissioned after the Fall semester. Add the two numbers up and aggy struggles to see 200 kids commissioned in any given year.

@Randolph Duke

I wanted to use this as points in a discussion with an aggy I know.

How many UT ROTC were commissioned? I couldn't find that. 

Edited by Lone Star Horn
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

@Randolph Duke

I wanted to use this as points in a discussion with an aggy I know.

How many UT ROTC were commissioned? I couldn't find that. 

Roughly the same number, but the UT ROTC detachments also have students from Concordia, St. Eds, and a few other area schools. 

Not to discount the fake army discussion, but I needed to chime in on the KC Cheer squad.

This one is my favorite, and I can’t even see her face. I dated Ole Miss cheerleaders a long time ago, and in a place far away. But I know that little body, because it only stays that way for a hot minute. However, when it’s there, you can bet your ass there’s a little freak behind the controls.
e50d9059ca4c2d8a6e1b610ee59b8e53.jpg

Edited by Homesickhorn

6 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

According to their Wiki page, they're claiming 45%.  

SIAP, but I love this site.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=19&ved=2ahUKEwjHoevx47jnAhUERKwKHXoIC8wQFjASegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.duffelblog.com%2F2019%2F09%2Ftexas-am-corps-of-cadets-found-guilty-of-143-years-of-stolen-valor%2F&usg=AOvVaw11WXmHPEwEQt5YE5xfJZSm

“The fact that these kids and this institution have let this go on for over a century is unconscionable,” says lead investigator Winston Hughes. “While it does not appear any of the cadets were able to translate their fake military status into getting laid, the vast majority did attempt to get free apps at the local Chili’s every Veterans’ Day.”

My guess is that the 45% is a percentage of each senior class that is commissioned based on the number in the class at the start of the graduation year.  It makes sense that they start out each class with a large number of cadets and as the classes progress the class sizes shrink as kids drop out, fail out or are thrown out....or realize how stupid it is and die of shame.

So Aggy says 45% of Corp members receive commissions, but of course they imply it means all Corp members when in reality it is the percent of remaining seniors who get commissioned.   The flip side of that is 55% of all cadets who spend 4 years playing army leave and don’t become officers.

My guess is that the 45% is a percentage of each senior class that is commissioned based on the number in the class at the start of the graduation year.  It makes sense that they start out each class with a large number of cadets and as the classes progress the class sizes shrink as kids drop out, fail out or are thrown out....or realize how stupid it is and die of shame.
So Aggy says 45% of Corp members receive commissions, but of course they imply it means all Corp members when in reality it is the percent of remaining seniors who get commissioned.   The flip side of that is 55% of all cadets who spend 4 years playing army leave and don’t become officers.

That makes sense, but I’d like to know the group that starts off ROTC as freshman, actually stay and get their commission. I probably need to reread your post because you probably explained it, but now, I’ve had some drinks whilst starting to pack my house.

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Just being ROTC doesn't get you financial benefits. You have to accept, and be worthy of, a military obligation to get the money.

ROTC is open to almost every student on campus to participate in. Being awarded a ROTC scholarship is another issue. For most ROTC detachments, one is required to sign a contract after their sophomore year that obligates one to serve after graduation. 

At the military academies, students are also required to sign a contract and incur a post-graduation service obligation should they chose to continue past their sophomore year. 

As a “senior military college,” at aggy students can receive financial ROTC benefits throughout their time in school, graduate, and incur no service obligation. 

I think over the years the US military realized they will never get an aggy grad with any true level of maturity and asking extremely immature trade school idiots to make a sincere commitment about anything after their sophomore year was utterly futile. 

The fact remains, whenever one sees the assembled aggy fake military fraternity, the group is a civilian social group with no attachment to the US military and barely 800 of the almost 3,000 students will receive a military commission upon graduation. The number of graduates of the A&M ROTC programs receiving commissions upon graduation is similar to the number of participants in the UT Austin ROTC programs. 

I would have some serious questions for the character and mental state of anyone who would do ROTC for 4 years and refuse their commission.  It ain't fucking worth the headaches to normal folks... 

Just for full disclosure, the academy kids joke pretty hard about how often they are thanked for their service before actually graduating.  It is a point of social discomfort.  For an aggy it is a point of pride.

• Like 2

I would have some serious questions for the character and mental state of anyone who would do ROTC for 4 years and refuse their commission.  It ain't fucking worth the headaches to normal folks... 
Just for full disclosure, the academy kids joke pretty hard about how often they are thanked for their service before actually graduating.  It is a point of social discomfort.  For an aggy it is a point of pride.

This^^^

And that’s not just sad, it’s somewhat disturbing.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

I thought it was known that aggy corp isnt part of ROTC. May be wrong though.

I believe the way it works is that the different ROTC's roll into the Aggy Corps.  So at A&M you can't be just ROTC, you have to be ROTC and in the Corp.   

It is possible to be only Corp, meaning just playing soldier, and not tied to any of the ROTC's.   It is the ROTC's where the commissioned officers come from.  You can be ROTC and not be on scholarship (true at all universities), but by the time you get to Junior or Senior year, even with no scholarship, the ROTC starts to slot you as if you are going to get commissioned from the ROTC.

22 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

I thought you could be ROTC at aggy, and not be in the corps. Two of my friends who served were aggy ROTC, and they shit all over the corps turds. I’m probably wrong, but they always made it sound like there was some sort of separation.

You can be in the ROTC at any school and not be affiliated with the Chess Club, the Debate Team, the Corps of Cadets, or any other social organization on campus. Including Texas A&M.

The Department of Defense administers the ROTC detachments around the country and participation on no campus is predicated on membership in any civilian social organization.

As for membership guidelines for the aggy corps, pretty much having the IQ of burnt toast and a semi-regular pulse will get you into that esteemed organization.

So if I’m understanding correctly, the kid I posted about that did 4 years in the aggy corp, did so without being rotc but then enlisted?  Because the basic leadership course is for NCOs. 
so he knew he was going to join the military but elected not to join rotc and take a commission have his schooling paid, but rather pay out of pocket (parents can afford it easily but still) and then enlist?

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So if I’m understanding correctly, the kid I posted about that did 4 years in the aggy corp, did so without being rotc but then enlisted?  Because the basic leadership course is for NCOs. 
so he knew he was going to join the military but elected not to join rotc and take a commission have his schooling paid, but rather pay out of pocket (parents can afford it easily but still) and then enlist?

Well, it is theoretically possible he was ROTC but sucked so bad that the brass said "Thanks but no thanks."

And people think I make up some of the stories about aggy being aggy. Here is another example of aggy being clueless, sanctimonious, completely lacking self-awareness, demonstrating their cultural both servile obedience and comically engaging in their cringeworthy practice of hero worship, all in one.

In other words, aggy being aggy.

We would all do well to remember that this is (and I hope remains) the foundation of why a talented and thoughtful student athlete would pick Texas A&M. While I don't love the term "brand building", I believe it is what is being used as another term for what we call the Aggie Network. Gig'em and good Luck at TAMU!

""They're both in the SEC so they're both going to play great football," Jackson said. "It wasn't about the coaches, because I know coaches can come and go. It was about what Texas A&M can do for me as a person and beyond football. It's all about brand building."

This is exactly why Jimbo thinks he can be successful here, at least as far as recruiting goes. A&M has more to offer, outside of football, than any other university in the nation, especially in the SEC. There may be schools that have better academics, better academic departments, be in a larger or smaller (whatever the recruit would prefer) city/town, etc... But there is literally nowhere that comes out on top when the bigger picture is looked at. Academics are way up there, BCS is a fantastic spot to go to school, climate/weather is great, the football facilities are arguably the best in the nation, and then you throw the Aggie Network and the dedication from the university and the football program to continuously improve, and winning these recruiting battles with sec west rivals should become the norm. This is how we attracted Jimbo (and yes, the money was part of it, but the money offered is simply a reflection and extension of the mindset of the university that will attract these kids) and it's how we'll attract another great coach when Jimbo's tenure, which is hopefully very long and wildly successful, comes to an end. All good bull!
This is what every single kid that is considering A&M vs. Bama or any of the vast majority of college football needs to know.
You can be confident that Coach Fisher & Co. are pushing that message.
I don't remember a time when so many recruits post-visit comments included talk of the Aggie Network and life after football.

large.621678827_aggy_ralphcopy.jpg.8cd2ba3594b8914dd1d5751c11265561.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, sdm said:

That's right, you too can become an insurance salesman.

"It wasn't about the coaches, because I know coaches can come and go. It was about what Texas A&M can do for me as a person and beyond football. It's all about brand building."

Someone needs to explain to this kid the story of Johnny Manziel. Look what became of him as a result of what Texas A&M did to him as a person and beyond football. Absolutely nothing.

If Manziel didn't warrant he full resources and appreciation of "the aggy network," what in God's name makes any random 18 year-old high school football player think anyone connected with Texas A&M is really going to give a shit about him?

When dealing with aggy, always compare their words to their deeds.

My personal favorite was in the second quote - "the dedication from the university and the football program to continuously improve."

Exactly when did this "dedication" begin, what necessitated the change from back when there was no "dedication to improve," what results has this newly discovered "dedication" produced, and what makes you think A&M's "dedication to improve" is in any way more productive than the dedication of other organizations to continuously improve but whose dedication to the proposition far pre-dates this newfound A&M interest in "continuous improvement."

aggys and their Homerics. Hilarious.

Edited by Randolph Duke