• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

"It looks like a great park, very attractive to new students, I mean maybe even like a place to go fishing on the lake, a few concerts even, a first date in the park, who knows?," said Tony Chuo, a student at Texas A&M University.

This kid fucks.

It’s going to be a 3’ deep retaining pond, probable stagnant. The bacteria count will be significant. And the aggys are already proclaiming its “greatness.”

I’m sure they are already selling “sacred retaining pond” t-shirts and claiming “sips ain’t rich ‘cause they ain’t go no game-day re-tainin’ pond. Recruits love re-tainin’ ponds! Advantage aggy!”

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Homesickhorn said:

"It looks like a great park, very attractive to new students, I mean maybe even like a place to go fishing on the lake, a few concerts even, a first date in the park, who knows?," said Tony Chuo, a student at Texas A&M University.

This kid fucks.

Right on, bro!

I remember all those relaxing afternoons I spent fishing or riding the rapids in Waller Creek. So peaceful. Not a care in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Of course parking lots will be five miles away, and they will make a small fortune with a shuttle line to and from.

They literally, I shit you not, had a chance to build a truly one-of-a-kind, architecturally enviable stadium a few years ago. The aggy golf course is a money-waster, according to their bean counters, and so there was a proposal to build the "new" Kyle Field on the southeast corner of campus, where among other things, they could start from scratch and make it visually agreeable even to non-aggy. They would have also been able to convert the current real estate into much needed on-campus parking, or a whole host of other possible projects.

The biggest reason they did not go that route? The biggest reason for their SuperKroger monstrosity? 

Parking. They did not want to have parking average more than half a mile for their fans, because their fans would not be able to walk that far.

They have the ugliest stadium in America, and it is because they have the laziest fans in America.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Just think if they forego lawn mowers and go green, you know sheep and goats wandering around those trees for "beautification". 

They don't do anything that reminds people they are an agricultural school. It boggles the mind how much arable land on their campus they leave weed-strewn and unproductive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Where are they going to get all those trees from?

Aggie+Park+2.jpg

I can't tell from the rendering but I think that must the new Zoysia/Troops-Hating Crabgrass strain. Otherwise, why would those aggy be walking on it? If it's regular sacred aggy grass, all those students are in for a world of trouble.

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

With as much bullshit as aggy generates, you'd think the place would be green like Ireland in the springtime.

The truth is (and @Randolph Duke can cite sources if you need them) Brazos County has such poor soil that in the early 20th Century, there was a push in the legislature to convert Texas A&M into a psych hospital, and open the state's premier agricultural school somewhere else, where you can actually grow things profitably.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

How dare you say the aggy campus ain’t purty.large.169465999_4aggycampuspics.jpeg.1d589975ec16edc369effe26f87a6ac9.jpeg

Having never been to that shithole, I thought "surly these are extreme examples that were only like that for a short time or stock photos from Liberia", so I decided to do some research.  Nope, 100% reality:

https://goo.gl/maps/H12gNFc6S1aYLE4D8
https://goo.gl/maps/x3rxB1yxGBBnrCbBA
https://goo.gl/maps/VAwDV6PUG6iKNLwAA
https://goo.gl/maps/DMMvPKgrRy9gTp1J7

And a bonus find...howdy!
https://goo.gl/maps/eLVndP9YaPMPgqtX9

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Having never been to that shithole, I thought "surly these are extreme examples that were only like that for a short time or stock photos from Liberia", so I decided to do some research.  Nope, 100% reality:

https://goo.gl/maps/H12gNFc6S1aYLE4D8
https://goo.gl/maps/x3rxB1yxGBBnrCbBA
https://goo.gl/maps/VAwDV6PUG6iKNLwAA
https://goo.gl/maps/DMMvPKgrRy9gTp1J7

And a bonus find...howdy!
https://goo.gl/maps/eLVndP9YaPMPgqtX9

You got me curious about my old stomping grounds, so I checked, and the street maps for most of the city are getting really, really old. Like, 10 years old in a lot of cases. Case in point? This is the hoarder house from up the road from our old house. This was taken maybe a month or so after the city cleanup crew hauled off five dumpsters worth of junk from her yard. I wrote about it on the old site. I have no idea, but I suspect she's dead now. Wonder if anyone will ever find her?

image.thumb.png.c3a95866454b723e4bb36b7027545780.png

"Marie Provost did not look her best
The day the cops bust into her lonely nest
In the cheap hotel up on Hollywood West
July 29

She'd been lying there for two or three weeks
The neighbors said they never heard a squeak
While hungry eyes that could not speak
Said even little doggies have got to eat

She was a winner
That became the doggie's dinner
She never meant that much to me
Whoa, poor Marie"

Nick Lowe

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The truth is (and @Randolph Duke can cite sources if you need them) Brazos County has such poor soil that in the early 20th Century, there was a push in the legislature to convert Texas A&M into a psych hospital, and open the state's premier agricultural school somewhere else, where you can actually grow things profitably.

from your tone I get the feeling you somehow think this did not happen

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have aggy winning the SEC SEC SEC West this year with a 10-3 record and going to the CCG

here is how I see it breaking down

Saturday Apr. 18          
Maroon & White Spring Game
Kyle Field, College Station, TX      Win 1-0 1-0

Saturday Sep. 5     
Abilene Christian Football Schedule     
Abilene Christian Wildcats
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 2-0 1-0

Saturday Sep. 12     
North Texas Football Schedule     
North Texas Mean Green
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 3-0 1-0

Saturday Sep. 19     
Colorado Football Schedule     
Colorado Buffaloes
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 4-0 1-0

Saturday Sep. 26     
Arkansas Football Schedule     
vs Arkansas Razorbacks
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX             Win 5-0 2-0

Saturday Oct. 3     
Mississippi State Bulldogs Football Schedule     
at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS     Loss 5-1 2-1

Saturday Oct. 10     
Fresno State Football Schedule     
Fresno State Bulldogs
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 6-1 2-1

Saturday Oct. 17     
Auburn Football Schedule     
at Auburn Tigers
Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL     Win 7-1 3-1

Saturday Oct. 24     
South Carolina Football Schedule     
at South Carolina Gamecocks
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC     Win 8-2 4-1

Saturday
Oct. 31         
OFF

Saturday
Nov. 7     Ole Miss Football Schedule     
Ole Miss Rebels
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 9-2 5-1

Saturday Nov. 14     
Vanderbilt Football Schedule     
Vanderbilt Commodores
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Win 10-2 6-1

Saturday Nov. 21     
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule     
at Alabama Crimson Tide
Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL     Loss 10-3 6-2

Saturday Nov. 28     
LSU Football Schedule     
LSU Tigers
Kyle Field, College Station, TX     Loss 10-3 6-3

Saturday Dec. 5     SEC Football Schedule     
SEC Championship
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA     

so aggy loses to LSU and Alabama as expected and their "shit the bed" game is to The Lane Train at Mississippi State

but I have Alabama losing to Georgia, LSU and Auburn

I have LSU losing to Florida, Auburn, and a "shit the bed game" to South Carolina

I have Auburn losing to aggy, Georgia, and a "shit the bed game to Kentucky"

I have The Lane Train at Mississippi State losing to Alabama, LSU, and Auburn

so you have a 4 way tie with aggy, Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State all with 3 losses in the SEC SEC SEC west and aggy with losses to LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State so you would think they would be out of it and it would be between LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State.....BUT!.......aggy won their Spring Game while LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State all lost their Spring Game so aggy is 6-3 while the others are 5-4 and aggy wins the SEC SEC SEC West, but they lose to Florida in the SEC SEC SEC CCG then go to the Belk Bowl and they lose to end the season 10-5 6-4

10 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I have aggy winning the SEC SEC SEC West this year with a 10-3 record and going to the CCG

here is how I see it breaking down

Saturday Apr. 18          

Saturday Sep. 5     

Saturday Sep. 12     
North Texas Mean Green

Saturday Sep. 19     
Colorado Buffaloes

Saturday Sep. 26     
vs Arkansas Razorbacks

Saturday Oct. 3     

Saturday Oct. 10     
Fresno State Bulldogs

Saturday Oct. 17     
Auburn Football Schedule     
at Auburn Tigers

Saturday Oct. 24     

Saturday
Oct. 31         
OFF

Saturday
Ole Miss Rebels

Saturday Nov. 14     
Vanderbilt Commodores

Saturday Nov. 21     
at Alabama Crimson Tide

Saturday Nov. 28     
LSU Football Schedule     
LSU Tigers

SEC Championship

so aggy loses to LSU and Alabama as expected and their "shit the bed" game is to The Lane Train at Mississippi State

I have LSU losing to Florida, Auburn, and a "shit the bed game" to South Carolina

so you have a 4 way tie with aggy, Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State all with 3 losses in the SEC SEC SEC west and aggy with losses to LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State so you would think they would be out of it and it would be between LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State.....BUT!.......aggy won their Spring Game while LSU, Alabama, and Mississippi State all lost their Spring Game so aggy is 6-3 while the others are 5-4 and aggy wins the SEC SEC SEC West, but they lose to Florida in the SEC SEC SEC CCG then go to the Belk Bowl and they lose to end the season 10-5 6-4

you've got a math issue in there around the auburn game

I have aggy winning the SEC SEC SEC West this year with a 10-3 record and going to the CCG here is how I see it breaking down

Saturday Apr. 18          

Saturday Sep. 5     

Saturday Sep. 12     

North Texas Mean Green

Saturday Sep. 19     

Colorado Buffaloes

Saturday Sep. 26     

vs Arkansas Razorbacks

Saturday Oct. 3     

Saturday Oct. 10     

Fresno State Bulldogs

Saturday Oct. 17     

Auburn Football Schedule     

at Auburn Tigers

Saturday Oct. 24     

Saturday

Oct. 31         

OFF

Saturday

Ole Miss Rebels

Saturday Nov. 14     

Vanderbilt Commodores

Saturday Nov. 21     

at Alabama Crimson Tide

Saturday Nov. 28     

LSU Football Schedule     

LSU Tigers

SEC Championship

Get your shit right. The ‘Lane Train’ isn’t MS State (as posters have already mentioned above). And, if aggy loses to the first Mississippi school they play (and I think they will because The Pirate doesn’t lose to aggy), history actually has shown that the second Mississippi school follows suit. I absolutely love that you overlooked this fact.

Fuck them, and the way they have made me cheer for teams I hate just because they now play aggy annually. And fuck their stupid little wannabe Grove. There’s only one, and aggy is too stupid to realize that. Fucking idiots.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Pretty sure 10 wins will happen for them. Shouldnt be that hard.

Acu
North texas
Colorado (lol)
Arkie
Fresno state
Auburn
Sc
Miss
Miss state
Vandy
Bama
Lsu

3rd in the west at best? This was their __year.

Except they haven’t swept the Mississippi schools and Auburn in a given year since their first in the conf. w JFF. So either that or they beat LSU or Bama. Give me 9 max

3 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

Except they haven’t swept the Mississippi schools and Auburn in a given year since their first in the conf. w JFF. So either that or they beat LSU or Bama. Give me 9 max

They will have a hard time doing worse than 7-5 with that schedule, but every other win will have to come against teams they've either been dominated by or have been at least splitting games with since joining the SEC. I'm going with 8 wins.

Edited by Bevo14

17 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They will have a hard time doing worse than 7-5 with that schedule, but every other win will have to come against teams they've either been dominated by or have been at least splitting games with since joining the SEC. I'm going with 8 wins.

To me, if a team can’t finish above .500 in conference play, regardless of conference, that team isn’t competing for conference titles. A&M football is in the midst of a quarter-century of not having had consecutive football seasons finishing above .500 in conference play. The longest such streak in the history of their program.

I’m not interested in their overall season record as much as I am wondering how long their drought if being competitive in conference play will continue. The o/u for conference wins for aggy should be 4.5. History says bet the under. 

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

This. The "gimmes" are plentiful, but not as plentiful as aggy thinks they are. And they've got some heavy lifting to do if they want some of the so-called gimmes to come out like they are counting on them coming out. That's even before you get to LSU and Alabama.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The o/u for conference wins for aggy should be 4.5. History says bet the under. 

Even if they somehow hit the 'over', they still probably won't be competitive for the conference (hell, division) title. But, yeah. Bet the under. 4 losses are likely, and they will all 4 be in conference.

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This. The "gimmes" are plentiful, but not as plentiful as aggy thinks they are. And they've got some heavy lifting to do if they want some of the so-called gimmes to come out like they are counting on them coming out. That's even before you get to LSU and Alabama.

Even if they somehow hit the 'over', they still probably won't be competitive for the conference (hell, division) title. But, yeah. Bet the under. 4 losses are likely, and they will all 4 be in conference.

One thing A&M has avoided since 2012 is losing games they were supposed to win. No inexplicable loses against weaker teams. I’m not sure how long they will keep that stretch up. I’d bet on 8-4 for aggy in 2020. 9-3 would be a big surprise for them.