Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

17 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Texas A&M is the only university at SXSW’s Interactive Conference delivering comprehensive programming by incorporating high-profile thought leaders in compelling discussions, one-of-a-kind interactive exhibits and solution-focused brand experiences.

img.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Well, there kinda is.  One of Abe’s starters only scored 2 points in game and his post game about that was “he scored 2 more points than a dead man”.

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

One more point than a dead man. 

so the dead guy scored a point? that's pretty impressive

On 3/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, hookem48 said:

Used to work with a guy that played with Dickerson in high school, he said when Dickerson changed his mind the dealer came to the school and picked up the car, then SMU got it back for him.

aggy boosters were so pissed they were on the verge of filing a complaint against SMU with the NCAA,  but then pulled back because of initial the paper trail  would have been produced by Dickerson and SMU linking the TA to aggy.     aggy has always been stupid think they got the goods or the best end of something and then door slams right in their face.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

aggy boosters were so pissed they were on the verge of filing a complaint against SMU with the NCAA,  but then pulled back because of initial the paper trail  would have been produced by Dickerson and SMU linking the TA to aggy.     aggy has always been stupid think they got the goods or the best end of something and then door slams right in their face.  

football GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

I can’t wait for aggy to heroically and singlehandedly save us from the corona virus. Luckily we already know they’ll do it which allows cowardly sips such as myself to sit at home.

Thankfully, in anticipation of such a pandemic, Rick Perry put Texas A&M in charge of developing and producing the influenza vaccine necessary to save lives.

Anyone have a clue how that is working out for us?

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Texas A&M Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Manufacturing Facility Site Dedication

Posted June 23, 2015by Donna Lieras

FPBA is proud to be an integral part of the design team for the Texas A&M Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Manufacturing Facility. The site dedication took place on September 18th, 2014 in College Station, Texas.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp,Texas A&M Health Science Center CEO Brett Giroir, M.D. and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) BARDA Director Robin Robinson, Ph.D., and representatives from the State of Texas and GSK all participated in the site dedication for the 100,000 SF facility currently under construction. The influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility will help bolster the nation’s preparedness and response to public health threats.

On track for completion of construction by the end of 2015, the Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Facility will develop vaccines aimed at targeting pandemic influenza strains and will be able to produce up to 50 million influenza vaccine doses within four months of receipt of a virus strain.

41 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Thankfully, in anticipation of such a pandemic, Rick Perry put Texas A&M in charge of developing and producing the influenza vaccine necessary to save lives.

Anyone have a clue how that is working out for us?

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

We really are screwed.

1 hour ago, Big Frog II said:

We really are screwed.

And now we get to witness John Sharp's proclaimed "game changer for folks everywhere" deliver for the "folks." Or, in typically aggy fashion, maybe not.

As with most of what constitutes Texas A&M, Sharp's "game changer" is a prime example of government bloat and waste intended as government welfare for areas of the country that cannot support economically viable businesses. $41 billion in expenditures over 25 years and where are they to be found when the pandemic finally reaches our shores?

Remember, this facility was supposedly created for just such a situation as we are currently facing. They proclaimed this "game changer" would be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks.

Well, the clock has been ticking for a while now.

And, to clarify, my point is that yet again aggys have proven adept at managing the maze of bureaucracy to obtain government welfare to prop up the perpetually struggling economy of the Brazos Valley, at holding self-congratulatory press conferences, at proffering grandiose claims about how aggys are (yet again) leading the world forward, and all the while those of us "on the outside" roll our eyes, knowing the reality is that the aggys are (yet again) completely wasting taxpayer funds and spewing complete bullshit. Let's not forget that the Texas Department of Emergency Preparedness was recently put under the aggy organizational umbrella. Anyone wonder how THAT decision will turn out for the people of Texas?

The aggys have proven that not just the people of Texas, "but folks everywhere" deserve better than Texas A&M. The aggys don't deserve any better than Texas A&M, but the rest of us do.

Texas A&M will be home to $91 million vaccine-manufacturing facility

Texas A&M will be home to $91 million vaccine-manufacturing facility

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has approved the creation of a $91 million influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility in a joint venture between the Texas A&M University System and GlaxoSmithKline in what Chancellor John Sharp described Tuesday as “one of the most significant developments ever in the state of Texas.”

The facility will speed up the research, development and delivery of vaccines and therapeutics in cases of pandemics or other national emergencies.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, "once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks."

The facility will anchor the Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing in Bryan-College Station, establishing what Sharp characterized as “third coast biopharmaceuticals.” A&M is home to one of only three so-called CIADMS being created in the nation.

“It’s a game-changer not just for Texas but for folks everywhere,” Sharp said at a morning news conference with Gov. Rick Perry to announce the effort.

Perry said the center would bring more than $41 billion in in-state expenditures over the next 25 years and directly and indirectly create more than 6,800 jobs.

“More importantly there will be lives that will be saved around the world because of what is happening in the state of Texas,” said Perry.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20130326/NEWS/303269670

On the positive side, A&M has proven to be a perfect site for the study of overconfidence and Dunning-Kruger.

Texas A&M Research On Vaccine Policy Attitudes Selected For International Award

"The authors said that their study is a first step toward a better understanding of how knowledge, misinformation and overconfidence relate to vaccine policy and points to several future research opportunities. Further research studying how Dunning-Kruger effects influence other health policies and which non-experts less knowledgeable individuals trust will provide important additional information."

https://today.tamu.edu/2018/09/26/texas-am-research-on-vaccine-policy-attitudes-selected-for-international-award/

Edited by Randolph Duke

41 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Why is not a medical school in charge of this?

Thankfully, there are competent professionals working on the matter at various centers of research around the globe.

That doesn't change the fact that many of us have known since Day 1 the $41 billion in welfare-related expenditures spent on the aggy influenza facility will never be anything other than a complete waste of money. $41 billion in wasted expenditures over 25 years and they were given administrative control over the Texas Department of Emergency Preparedness.

Also, the "research" dollars spent at the aggy facility are part of the overall research dollars TAMU College Station bleats about, such as when John Sharp (yet again) offers a claim of how aggys are "leading the world."

“I congratulate our hard-working faculty and staff for their life-changing research that makes Texas A&M the top research university in the Southwest,” said Chancellor John Sharp of The Texas A&M University System. “Our research efforts help Texans live better lives and grow our state economy.”

https://today.tamu.edu/2017/12/18/nsf-survey-texas-am-ranked-no-9-among-publics-no-16-overall-for-research-expenditures/

We constantly hear about the research money consumed by Texas A&M. Will we ever begin to finally see aggys deliver on their grandiose and self-promoting claims?

They offer grandiose claims, yet when the facilities provided them for specific purposes are needed, the aggys are completely incapable of delivering on their promises. But we all know when this is over (thanks to the work and intellectual capital of others), John Sharp will (yet again) make another boastful claim about how Texum aggys deserve all the credit for solving the crisis all by themselves and without the help of anyone else. I bet they are already busy designing their campus COVID pandemic memorial where every sneeze will be deemed sacred.

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
20 hours ago, Player said:
4441f8255868a716261f7067e153319e.jpg

aggy will buy anything if it’s maroon

Pretty sure most will agree that shirt is fine. Probably funny to aggy. Big yawn there. Needs more sec logos though.

They could have replaced the ‘O’s with SEC logos. Not sure why they don’t already do that on their shirts. Maybe those logos wouldn’t be large enough to suit their tastes. 

I had a weird dream last night with all this coronavirus news. I had come out of a coma to discover Aggy won a football championship. So I start looking at highlights and it is Syracuse they are playing. I ask WTF and I am told all the good football programs suspended their season and Aggy decided to keep going as their chance to win. I start laughing and say it would be just like Aggy to do such a thing and celebrate an asterisk. I guess when I have to relate stuff to dreadful shit aggy is a natural choice in my brain.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 2

Pretty sure most will agree that shirt is fine. Probably funny to aggy. Big yawn there. Needs more sec logos though.

No, I don’t believe that “most” will agree that shirt is fine. Unless you’re talking about most aggy, or simpletons such as yourself who think it’s funny or “good bull” to attention-whore in the middle of a global pandemic.

It’s fucking stupid, but of course totally on-brand for aggy. It is from the seeds of ignorance like this that delusions of aggy grandeur germinate. You probably believe they had more officers serve in WWII than all of the service academies combined, don’t you? Or that aggy singlehandedly saved the world’s supply of coffee:

5bcfa4a2e86b1d40468d5c392fbea4a2.jpg

That you would give your tacit approval to such dipshittery, and simultaneously dunk on yourself with a Rocko “yawn”, is pure fucking poetry.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:58 PM, ButtFumble said:

ohio state sponsors 37 sports Texas sponsors 19

FSU probably has some project going on to pay for I think their football stajium is getting upgraded

Stanford sponsors 36. Why are we so low in the number of sports? I would live to see mens soccer especially.

20 minutes ago, pacman said:

Stanford sponsors 36. Why are we so low in the number of sports? I would live to see mens soccer especially.

sadly I think it is because UT prefers to sponsor a lot of over paid administrators across the entire department and a useless redundant womens administration

• Like 2

I will expand on what i aid above a bit....I did not know for a long time and many people still probably do not know (though it has been talked about on here before) that UT was the main or one of the main schools that was sued for "equality" in athletics spending

the answer to that was UT set up the useless administration that harbors garbage like chris plodsky today so they could show "an equal commitment to womens sports" 

but if you think about that it is a giant fucking joke and an example of useless piles of shit that did not sue for real equality they sued to get some jobs for themselves and other shit bags like them (here is looking at you useless chris)

so instead of UT saying "ok we are adding more womens sports even if it means more female athletes than male athletes because football especially cost so much to run even on a per player basis" UT added a bunch of fucking useless windbags in administration and then pretended that because of that spending and because there were now "women in charge" that suddenly womens sports would be better run and offer more opportunities for female athletes

but of course that never really happened and because there are no real female athletes out there at UT sitting around wondering why there sport is not sponsored by UT no one complains....you don't get complaints from people that do not really exist

of course these female athletes exist at the high school level, but many of them and their parents are equally clueless that places like tOSU  and Stanford sponsor almost as many womens sports as Texas does all sports mens and womens

so no one ever looks and says that is fucked up where is all the money going and why does UT spend so much yet sponsor so few sports and UT can pretty much  get away with showing that they have about the same number if not a few more female athletes compared to men and they can show a total spending level that is comparable to the mens side especially if you break it down per athlete and you give football somewhat of a pass (which UT can do because football pays for so much else)

but the reality is shit bags like plodsky and her ilk littering Bellmont making high 6 figure salaries are basically stealing the opportunity of female high school athletes to have a chance to come to UT and play on new teams that UT should be sponsoring

and if anyone complains those same shit bags are the ones running out there with the "numbers" to show that UT does spend equally and that UT has an equal number of female athletes...and since they all have short hair and are really unattractive and dress from the kim jung il collection you really can't call them and their numbers into question you are suppose to just accept them

what is worse in my opinion is that UT has lost the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of many of those sports years ago when all those lawsuits were flying around and to establish a winning program and to be bringing home championships to UT.....instead other schools have found their niche with those sports and made a name and lately those sports are gaining more traction at other places and it just becomes harder and more expensive to step in and really field a quality team and build a tradition

instead UT has built a tradition of wasting money on administrative overhead in an "equitable" way and that is about it and lost the chance to establish themselves as a dominant player in many sports that are now more popular

this of course makes it all the harder to establish any new mens sports so you can about forget that barring major changes

a bit of an aside I also have a theory that the academic side charges the athletics program "rack rate" for all services provided....be it IT, janitorial, chilled water/power, maintenance or whatever the fuck else I am pretty sure Bellmont pays the highest charges of any unit on the UT campus.....it probably cost $30 dollars to change a light bulb and police services for games ect probably cost 2X or 3X that they would cost anything else.....I think parking and parking spaces is another place where athletics takes a major hit and pays out the ass to the academic side

I would also bet that any academic side employee or any system employee that does any type of service for athletics is paid for in large part or 100% by athletics even if they do only 50% of their work for athletics

I have no way of really knowing this and really I do not have a major problem with it even knowing that academics makes direct transfers to academics every year.....but I wish there was some accounting of it because to me it is embarrassing to see what UT spends for the low number of sponsored sports and all the worse with the lack of hardware being brought in.....which goes back to being fucked by not establishing a major presence in smaller (especially womens) sports decades ago and instead establishing a pile of useless administrative shit bags in Bellmont

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I will expand on what i aid above a bit....I did not know for a long time and many people still probably do not know (though it has been talked about on here before) that UT was the main or one of the main schools that was sued for "equality" in athletics spending

the answer to that was UT set up the useless administration that harbors garbage like chris plodsky today so they could show "an equal commitment to womens sports" 

but if you think about that it is a giant fucking joke and an example of useless piles of shit that did not sue for real equality they sued to get some jobs for themselves and other shit bags like them (here is looking at you useless chris)

so instead of UT saying "ok we are adding more womens sports even if it means more female athletes than male athletes because football especially cost so much to run even on a per player basis" UT added a bunch of fucking useless windbags in administration and then pretended that because of that spending and because there were now "women in charge" that suddenly womens sports would be better run and offer more opportunities for female athletes

but of course that never really happened and because there are no real female athletes out there at UT sitting around wondering why there sport is not sponsored by UT no one complains....you don't get complaints from people that do not really exist

of course these female athletes exist at the high school level, but many of them and their parents are equally clueless that places like tOSU  and Stanford sponsor almost as many womens sports as Texas does all sports mens and womens

so no one ever looks and says that is fucked up where is all the money going and why does UT spend so much yet sponsor so few sports and UT can pretty much  get away with showing that they have about the same number if not a few more female athletes compared to men and they can show a total spending level that is comparable to the mens side especially if you break it down per athlete and you give football somewhat of a pass (which UT can do because football pays for so much else)

but the reality is shit bags like plodsky and her ilk littering Bellmont making high 6 figure salaries are basically stealing the opportunity of female high school athletes to have a chance to come to UT and play on new teams that UT should be sponsoring

and if anyone complains those same shit bags are the ones running out there with the "numbers" to show that UT does spend equally and that UT has an equal number of female athletes...and since they all have short hair and are really unattractive and dress from the kim jung il collection you really can't call them and their numbers into question you are suppose to just accept them

what is worse in my opinion is that UT has lost the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of many of those sports years ago when all those lawsuits were flying around and to establish a winning program and to be bringing home championships to UT.....instead other schools have found their niche with those sports and made a name and lately those sports are gaining more traction at other places and it just becomes harder and more expensive to step in and really field a quality team and build a tradition

instead UT has built a tradition of wasting money on administrative overhead in an "equitable" way and that is about it and lost the chance to establish themselves as a dominant player in many sports that are now more popular

this of course makes it all the harder to establish any new mens sports so you can about forget that barring major changes

a bit of an aside I also have a theory that the academic side charges the athletics program "rack rate" for all services provided....be it IT, janitorial, chilled water/power, maintenance or whatever the fuck else I am pretty sure Bellmont pays the highest charges of any unit on the UT campus.....it probably cost $30 dollars to change a light bulb and police services for games ect probably cost 2X or 3X that they would cost anything else.....I think parking and parking spaces is another place where athletics takes a major hit and pays out the ass to the academic side

I would also bet that any academic side employee or any system employee that does any type of service for athletics is paid for in large part or 100% by athletics even if they do only 50% of their work for athletics

I have no way of really knowing this and really I do not have a major problem with it even knowing that academics makes direct transfers to academics every year.....but I wish there was some accounting of it because to me it is embarrassing to see what UT spends for the low number of sponsored sports and all the worse with the lack of hardware being brought in.....which goes back to being fucked by not establishing a major presence in smaller (especially womens) sports decades ago and instead establishing a pile of useless administrative shit bags in Bellmont

Motherfucking PREACH!!!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

Do you get paid by the run-on sentence?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Of all of your post, this is actually the most relevant. While most schools pick up the majority of expenses of the athletic teams effectively supplementing their athletic budgets, Texas instead sees athletics as a cash cow to pay for academics. It's the main reason why we spend so much money, with the bloated administration being a distant second reason.